• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy ✽Male Samurai x Female Ninja RP!✽

brimythesithlord

"How fragile a life is..."
Hello, everyone! I am looking for partners to play out a Samurai x Kunoichi roleplay with me, set in a fantasy empire similar to Edo-era Japan. I have many ideas that we could try and my rules aren't incredibly strict. I am 19 years old and I play as both female and male characters. My rules are as follows:
~ Let me know if you can't reply for a few days. I apologize in advance, I am a very busy person and I go through times where roleplaying is not a priority. If that happens, it may be a few days between times that I will reply. Don't worry, I will return to the roleplay and reply eventually. I will usually try my best to reply often.
~ Don't worry about the length of each reply. This isn't high school, and I don't have to tell you how many sentences/paragraphs you should use in your writing. All that I ask is that each reply should advance the story in some way. As long as it does that, length really doesn't matter.
~ I understand that roleplays can sometimes get pretty dark. Bullying, depression, suicide, abuse, etc. are used on occasion in my plots because I believe that these issues may be crucial to the development of a well-balanced character. However, I never want to offend or hurt anyone that I roleplay with. If it is getting to the point where the roleplay is too painful or inappropriate for you, again, just let me know and I'll steer it in a different direction.
~ Use interesting characters, please. Nothing irritates me more than a character that looks like it took 2 minutes to create. Put some thought into your character bios, it doesn't have to be a really detailed and complex character but put some amount of effort into them.

With that out of the way, the setting that I would like to play in is a fantastical Oriental empire divided into provinces head by a governor. Although some are revered for their humility and good judgment, many governors are known for being cruel and greedy; they enjoy the great luxuries that their position offers while their constituents live in poverty. To combat this inequality, some constituents have decided to use an ideology known as ninjutsu to fight back against their governors through smuggling, sabotage, and even assassinations. These guerrillas were known as ninja and used the shroud of night as well as the support of their fellow villagers to avoid capture.

At first, the ninja's actions were considered to be ineffective; but as years passed the Emperor could not ignore the growing insurgence as the rebels were reportedly using ancient spells to gain the upper hand. He commissioned a group of elite warriors to protect each governor and to hunt down any person suspected of being or supporting a ninja. These warriors were called samurai and were armed with the best weapons available, given loads of perks with their service, and were taught a rivaling ideology to ninjutsu called bushido. While ninjutsu spells were known to utilize the art of surprise and increase one's mobility as well as lethality from a distance, bushido spells focused on augmenting the user's resistance to damage as well as his strength in close quarters.

Since then, the ninja and samurai have been in a heated struggle that include secret meetings, human rights abuses, and ideological infighting that have turned a once peaceful empire into a chaotic battleground with an uncertain future. The general idea for the roleplay is this: ninja and samurai fight, one wins over the other, the winner takes care of the other, the two find compassion for each other and continue to try to find peace between the two groups while meeting in secret out of love for each other. I have a character sheet for either role, so the decision of who plays what is left up to you.

Well, I think that's about it! Go ahead and send a reply or a PM if you're interested!

I can't create personal messages because I've yet to reach the ten post requirement, but I'm more than interested in this idea.

Hello! I would be very interested in this RP. I'd be happy to play either role! If you're still interested, contact me when ever you wish. ^^ I hope you're having a good day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back