[Main] Pretty Pretty Slaughter

Lyudmila Zima
She had closed her eyes, prepared for whatever was to follow. Only moments after the screeching started. Death-throes if I have ever heard them. She mused. At least this confirmed that that thing could feel pain. Good.

Her eyes flashed open once more as the building below her and Cleo was torn apart by the force that the gheist was emitting. She clicked her tongue. I just found my footing again dammit. And just like that she was blasted up into the air once more. Only this time Cleo was with her, and she had no plan to save either Cleo or herself. Time seemed to slow as her mind raced. No this isn't how we die. I will find us a way to get out of this and we will kill this bloody gheist. There was not a single doubt in her mind that she would fail to make that a reality. However no matter how her mind raced for a solution, none would come. Just what had I been thinking with that Ballista? This is not an opponent one fights stationary. No. This would have happened no matter what.

As she looked at the ground below her she saw the waves crashing towards the city. She even caught a slight glimpse of the Pretty Protectors tower and the state that it had found itself in. Rurik... Her mind drifted to the closest thing to family that she had left in this world. No... The Pavlichenkos had been her real family in truth.

"Sorry. But I am going to have to leave you here. I need to go. Now." Were those to be her last words to him? The only one in this world who had shared with her the short life that she once had. If it was not for Rurik then she would not be here... If it was not for Rurik, more likely than not she would be dead... No, I am dead... Her mind did not match her heart. Abandoned. Rurik knew what it was like to be abandoned just as much as I.

A small bone like dagger was found in her grasp. She tightened her grip around its hilt and brought its blade to her brow, cutting deep into her own flesh and crimson liquid began pour out over her left eye. She gnashed her teeth together as a deep, fierce, snarl rumbled from her throat. Her right eye had become a weapon of its own as it bore daggers through the gheist that was caught in its sight.

That was when Annie had caught her and Cleo. The second time that she had been surprised by the arrival of a member of her Squad... She did not hear the words that her 'squad leader' spoke. Lyudmila would not hear them. Her left eye opened as the pour of blood continued its way down from her left eye over her cheek, to her jawline and began to drip down onto Annie's mech. Her left eye was no longer a ghostly white with a pupil of obsidian black. But rather her whites had turned into a black darker than a ravens wings, and her pupil now had become a deep vermilion red.

Bone began to grow from below her knees, twisting and overlapping, hardening and strengthening itself. Until Lyudmila had two new legs, made from that bone like material that had matched the gheist in it's power.

She put her right hand up against the chest that the mech had presumed to press her against. It took all of her will not to sprout another spear like the one that she had thrown at the gheist.

"Annie. And just where the hell where you all this time?!" She began to yell with nothing but anger and contempt in her voice.

"You think to come now?! If you had been here but 20 minutes, or even 10 minutes earlier this would be all over and done with! Everything that has happened here is on your hands you hear?" She did not guard her tongue, for that was the only thing that stopped her from impaling her 'squad leader'.

"You should have been the first of us down in the lobby. But instead it was everyone but you. Even May managed to find her way down." A rough laugh began to escape from her.

"Either drop me off or throw me at this thing and let me kill it! You should have never have caught us!" A greatsword begun to form itself in her left hand. If she does not let me go I will cut this hand apart that holds me. She was of half a mind to do that very thing before Annie could even make a choice.

"Our mission is to kill the gheist. Our priority is to stop it before it can harm anyone, anything, anymore."

"We are two 'magical girls'. We would have survived the fall. Sure it might have been more than painful. But... That is our duty. Even if leaving us meant our death. You should have pressed forward and ended this."

"Oh well. Let us end this now... That is if you have the stomach for that. If not, as I said. You can either drop me or throw me at this accursed creature and I will do the honours for you as you run back to the tower. I do hope you were at least of some use back there."

Reis Reis SilverBlack SilverBlack SadistPoet SadistPoet

Claire's eyes searched frantically for an escape route as the toiling waves crashed into the lobby. She could already feel water sliding beneath her feet, and she knew that her golem would be completely unable to defend her from the full force of the water. The distant rumble quickly turned into a deafening roar, and Claire's heart pounded in her chest knowing that she only had seconds to act before she would be rolled over into a violent struggle.

She was aware that, as a magical girl, it was very possible that she would survive. However, Claire's main concern was ensuring the safety of Jack, as there was absolutely no way a normal human would survive. Isn't it a magical girl's duty to protect people? You have to find a way to get out of this situation! Come on, think!

Claire was too frantic to think clearly, and she very well might have failed if she hadn't heard Ophelia's voice.

"We have to move to the second floor!"

Claire looked towards her fellow magical girls and watched as they found their only escape route. The water crashed into her golem and saved her from the wave's initial impact as she latched her arm around Jack's waste, careful to avoid touching his broken arms. Her breasts pressed deeply into his body along with her blood-soaked clothes as she secured her hold on him, but she paid no mind as she bent her knees and jumped. Landing through a hole in the lobby's ceiling, she took a moment to get her bearings after the disorientation of launching through the air at breakneck speeds, and she nearly panicked as she realized that she might have dropped a Tarot card along the way. Fortunately, her deck was safely tucked within her outfit, and she sighed in relief as she started to shuffle her deck.

"The Star!" The card in question glowed with a white light as Claire held it in one hand and pointed her hand towards Jack with the other. His wounds were minor enough for him to be almost fully healed, although there was a nasty scar mark where his face was cut open. She anxiously looked at the man. "Are you okay?"

Last edited:
Pan Pan

Pamela's attack was stopped by Liv, who the girl then glared at.

”Pan Pan, we all want some answers, but a strike like that could kill him,”

The chef narrowed her eyes and grunted, but knew she was right. She just felt so mad. He didn't know about Jose, but hearing that a killer said his name just made her even more mad.

Pamela's eyes widened when he said he had a family to go back to, so he did all of this for his family. She would do the same for her papà and her brothers.

Mierda

How could she? She wanted to kill a man who had a family? What would her own family feel? This whole thing was making her so mad, she though she was getting crazy like Luce was starting to get.

“Girls, I’d rather us not lose our temper just because someone knows how to get under our skin. We all need to be calm or else we’ll make very irrational decisions.”

Ophelia's voice rang to her ears, making the Mexican to glance at her. She shrank at the look of disappointment in her eyes. They looked just like mamá' s eyes when she hit Simon over a tomato. She started to take deep breaths and clutched her head. She had to calm down. Don't give in to the anger.

"Don't cry, Palmerita, a chef cuts herself sometimes" a mature voice said.
"But it hurts!" The other voice belonged to a smaller version of Pamela, holding her bloodied finger with tears on her eyes.
The blonde woman smiled softly and kissed the finger" The kiss made the pain go away"
The girl whimpered"But it still hurts!"
The mother blinked and smiled, kneeling to her daughter's height, with a nearby pack of band-aids
"Sing the pain and fear out. Sing it out". The lady began to sing..

Pamela's walk through Memory Lane was interrupted by rumbling. Her eyes widened at the tsunami approaching and stood frozen in fear.

“Golem, form a barrier right now! Protect us from—from that thing!”

Claire's voice snapped her out of it and saw how each of her fellow Magical Girls made their way up, including the family guy. She was about to do that when she then noticed there were two other men who were alive. It would be better to leave them there but she couldn't look at her father's face if she didn't help people she could've saved.

"Arg! Goddamit! If these two don't cooperate, I'll drop them back"

Pamela grabbed the both of them with her arm and squirmed at the weight. The water was fast approaching and the thought of getting drowned made her feel sometging she ignored for a long time. Fear

Pamela started to panic. What if she wasn't strong enough? What if she couldn't make the leap? What if she made a mistake and let the men die? Many what ifs made their way to her brain, making her fear. She felt so hurt. She felt so scared.

"Sing it all out"

Her mother's words echoed through her head. She closed her eyes and began to sing

"Mi Palmerita, querida
con tu madera fuerte como el hierro.
Mi Palmerita, tan bonita
con tus hojas tan brillantes como tu.
Mi Palmerita, mi hija
con tus frutas tan ricas y sabrosas.

No temas, No temas, que tu mamita está aquí.

Pamela grabbed each man with her hands under their armpits..Ew..

Aunque corten tu madera, aunque roben tu fruta, aunque saquen tus hojas, no temas nada.
Porque tienes cosas tan valiosas que nunca te podran sacar como mi amor por ti.

Pamela got ready for the jump. The water was coming in..

Asi que mija*, mi Palmerita
no importa donde este, no importa lo lejos que es, si te sientes sola se fuerte y esperame, que pronto volveré.

Pamela leaped, time seemed to stop.

"Te esperaré, se que pronto volverás, aunque tarde años en pasar.."

Pamela landed on the lobby's ceiling with the two unconscious men in hand.

"Nos volveremos a encontrar"

Pamela finished the song, taking deep breaths. She looked up at the others

"Is that everyone?"

Her eyes widened at Liv's arm

"Ma..Marrionetist? Why is your hand wooden?"

Mija: A way of saying ' my daughter' in Mexico

Mentions:
Jack( SadistPoet SadistPoet )
Ophelia ( .chxrryette. .chxrryette. )
Luce ( dazzling dazzling )

Interactions:

Liv ( Dawnsx Dawnsx )
Claire ( Sacrosanctis Sacrosanctis )
Nameless Soldier 1
Nameless Soldier 2

Emerie

The pink haired maid could hear footsteps approaching fast. Ruri was obviously in a rush, but to where? Emerie didn’t dwell on the question much longer as she preemptively tossed her two flash balls. Just as they hit the ground she saw Ruri flying forward. Emerie quickly rolled back around the corner, two shots flying through where she had just been. The flash balls went off, coating the area in a wave of blinding light that would leave one’s eyes sight in ill repair for several seconds. Being behind the corner Emerie was safe, and she was confident Ruri was effected by the flash.

With a quick spin Emerie turned the corner firing two shots at the deceitful maid at the first chance she got. Capturing the maid would be nice, in Emerie’s mind, but realistically actually beating her would be hard enough.

SadistPoet SadistPoet

Rooftop (Una and May)

May did not quite know what was going on. It was not like she was in a daze, but instead she only had an infinitesimally small capacity to process things. She could only see the world in basic reflections of light. Noise did not amount to anything. She was hearing, but could not make sense of anything. Over and over, May's now amoebae-like mind could only repeat one phrase over and over again. I don't wanna die. I don't wanna die. I don't wanna die. Over and over, that phrase on repeat. She barely came too against the wall, a tall golden figure in front of her. Then a dark warmth began to gestate in her mouth. Suddenly this darkness produced a large, narrow, flesh-body from her mouth. It felt sticky plus it could extend outwards. May felt absolute panic at the site of this disgusting blight upon her visage. With her limited level of brain power all May could do is attempt to bite off the wretched thing. It would not come off no matter how hard she bit.

Then she was taken away, and the world went black for a moment. May awoke, laying atop of the rooftop, her sense of self coming back finally. May could now see clearly, and comprehend her sense-of self once more. It seems her brain had regenerated back together. With this regeneration, May began to feel pain. It was not as unbearable as earlier, but still was enough to send waves of discomfort throughout her body. She began to lightly cry, and rolled over to the nearest thing of comfort - that would be Una.

May propped her head against Una's chest. She wanted to form words, but only non-nonsensical babbles came out. It seemed that her full cognitive capabilities had not returned yet. None-the less, she was just happy someone came to save her.

Why did she save me? Why am I worth saving? I'm mean....

Pretty Tower (Second Floor)

The second floor of Pretty Tower was a floor consisting of several cubicles. It was largely utilized as an office space for various workers that managed finances, goods transportation, and other business necessary to run a business. Many office workers were huddled beneath there desks taking cover, unsure of where to go. Thankfully, Aimi's charm earlier saved all the staff. Gunfire could be heard above, apparently Fuka, Emerie, and someone else were having a 'party.'

Squad A would have to decide what to do next. Secure the building, defeat the Gheist, continue questioning, or something else.

--

Jack's vision was just coming back to him. He was grabbed, felt something soft pressing against him, and suddenly jolted upwards. He now knew that the tarot user was the one who carried him up. Jack heard water running through the bottom floor. Something happened that caused a flood, and this girl saved her. He shot her, but she saved him. Jack kept staring up at her with a still, unwavering, and awe-filled look. Should he thank her? No, why would he thank the enemy? Then again, why was she the enemy? This was a contract mission - not a fight for the greater good. He was getting a pay-out for this.

A pay out to kill kids? And civilians?

Jack might be a killer, but maybe he had not been killing the right people.

Every human has innate potential, and you invested your potential into the power to kill.

That is what this girl said to him. Then suddenly, if saving him was not enough, she healed him using her magic. His shoulders returned to proper form. Jack's first instinct, his killer instinct, was to go for his concealed side arm. His first reaction was to paint the wall with tarot-girls brains, but his human instincts stopped him. Jack's facial expression shifted to a smile of gratitude towards her - the first genuine smile he had in years.

Ocean-Side

Annie had successfully shielded her squad from harm by utilizing her shield. The falling rubble would persist for at-least ten solid seconds, and the building around them would collaspe. By the end of it all, they were standing atop the rubble of a collapsed building. One would expect that the Gheist would slam down with a thundering quake, but instead the feet of the Gheist shone with a green glow. The Gheist slowly descended to the ground about thirty-feet in front of the trio. It stared down with glowing red-eyes. Black sludge dripped down from its wounds. The sludge hitting the ground made quacking splashes that kicked up rubble. Then, as it stared down menacingly, its wounds began to seal.

It opened its mouth wide open, and a message transmitted that all magical girls nearby would have etched into their minds.

"HVIEZMGH - (16-1)(3*2) - ZHS - D(4+4)B - MLG - GZPV - GSV - WORLD?"
((OOC Translation: "Servants of ash, why not take the world?"))

It began to raise both of its arms, charging up both of its incinerator cannons. It was going to fire at the girls right below it.

As this happened, Aimi had managed to leap, flip, and bound to a nearby crane that was only 1/4th the size of the Gheist. The Gheist had not noticed her yet, therefore she would have the element of surprise if she chose to attack.

Pretty Tower Upper Floors

Ruri had been blinded by Emerie. Damnit! She should have anticipated this! To top this off, she only had one more round in the chamber before she needed to reload. Reloading would leave her open. She had to act quick, or else Emerie would be on her. Ruri remembered the location of the nearby window, and dove right through it. Just as she fell a few feet in free fall, she shot a bullet hole through the window, and then used her high-heels thrust to go into the lower floor. This gave her the opening to reload without threat, or so she thought. A boot kick came right into to her firearm, disarming her of it. Fuka was here.

Ruri barely stood a chance against a living weapon in head on combat, especially hand-to hand. She sprung backwards to create some distance between them. Fuka had some dirty tricks, and if she used that Nightmare-Protocol it was over. She would not do that with so many civilians around, right? None-the less, Ruri produced from beneath her apron a tactical knife that shone with a volatile red energy - a plasma knife.

She was going to kill Fuka, kill Emerie, and anyone else who got in her way.

Shaking off her shock and the stinging pain in her chest, Liv looked around her. The second floor looked like an office of sorts. There were shaken staff taking cover beneath their desks, but most looked unharmed. From above, she could hear ongoing gunshots, no doubt Miss Fuka taking care of any leftover enemies. One by one, members of Squad A joined her on the second floor. That, along with the feeling of Jerod hanging loosely at her shoulders, were small comforts. Everything was still numb though. It felt like there were cotton balls stuffed in her ears, and it took her a moment to register her teammates looking at her arm in horror.

Jerod was also saying something about her arm, but she didn't know what the big deal-

Liv looked down, and her eyes widened a fraction. True to Pamela's words, her left arm was... Wooden. There were even wooden ball joints at her elbow and fingers, not unlike what some of her sweethearts had. But... No. It couldn't be. This couldn't be her arm. Could it? Liv recalled the pain that'd gnawed away at her arm from before, and she felt her blood run cold. That was her arm turning into this?

"Liv, you all good?" Jerod murmured softly.

Liv shook her head, mostly in disbelief than in response to his question. With her right hand, she ran her fingers over the length of her wooden arm. She reached into the collar of her dress and felt the same thing at her shoulder. The surface was smooth, firm, cold. It most definitely wasn't a human arm anymore. Could she even move it? Liv focused on her fingers. With her human fingers, she barely had to think about her movements. She could feel them curl, could tighten them into a fist. But there was zero sensation in her left. Her wooden fingers only twitched minutely when she concentrated on their movements.

Her heart raced wildly even as she told herself, they're moving. They can still move, it's alright.

After a moment, Liv tore her eyes away from her arm. She couldn't obsess over it right now. She had to focus. And she had to make sure her teammates were okay.

With a smile that was just a little stiff at the corners, Liv said, "That's certainly strange, but it's okay, I feel fine. I can get this figured out later." She directed her words mostly to Ophelia, feeling a pang of guilt for making their composed leader look so frightened, if only for a second.

As soon as the words were out of her mouth, a string of nonsensical letters and numbers abruptly crossed her mind. She distinctly registered the word "world," but the rest was just a scramble of alphabets.

"...Did you all... Sense that? Something about the world?"
dazzling dazzling ElenaIsCool ElenaIsCool .chxrryette. .chxrryette. Sacrosanctis Sacrosanctis

| AKUMA |
1564370520766.png
Cleo and Lyudmila were falling and going to hit the ground. Aimi could already hear the snapping of bones, ripping through flesh, the images of their mangled bodies in her mind, and... Annie saved them both, launching the trio into a collapsed tower. Just a little longer, the idol thought, as she approached the nearest, safest surface: a construction crane. Aimi looked on, horrified at what she thought would come next.

The Gheist, however, had other plans.

Healing seemed to be its prerogative, as it lifted itself into the air and glared at the rest of her squad. Black sludge splattered onto the ground, the pungent stench of metallic blood filling Aimi's nose. She gagged, before throwing up over the side of the crane she was standing on. The sight and smell of death were bad enough, but the sheer terror and disgust that filled Aimi's mind at the sight of the Gheist was just enough to send her over the edge. Panting, she wiped her mouth, before another attack on her senses arrived. A horrific screech, some sort of odd language sent from the monstrosity before her. While the message didn't shake her will overall, it intensified the feeling of horror the idol felt. What's it doing? Is it sending out another message, just for us? Or.. are there more of them under the water, and it's calling for reinforcements?

Aimi braced herself momentarily. half-expecting another massive being to emerge from underneath the waters. Instead of another Gheist rising, the current one began to lift its arms, charging up what seemed to be a cannon. It aimed only at Cleo, Annie, and Lyudmila. Aimi's eyes widened with a realization.

It hasn't seen me yet.

Pushing the bile in her throat down, Aimi thrust her arm out to the side once more, her scythe emerging yet again, along with her microphone, which was now hooked to her side. The idol snatched up her microphone, and flicked it on: Max volume. Aimi turned her whole body towards her team, and shouted to them. "Sorry I took so long, girls!" Aimi realized now that she was just happy to see that everyone was still alive. There was business to be attended to, however. No happy reunions yet. Her expression changed, darkening to a more serious one. "Get ready to run!" Immediately afterwards, she directed another message to the Gheist.

"H-hey! Over here!"

Aimi threw the microphone into the open air, and the device dissipated with an obnoxiously pink flashbang. Shifting her stand, the idol attacked with a heavy handed swing, and sent a large soundwave to the Gheist. The wave was rapidly approaching, and she had aimed for what could be referred to as the shoulders. To Aimi, it didn't matter if it found its mark or not, because she swung again, beginning to send in a flurry of attacks. It can't be that fast, can it?

As a precaution, Aimi got a move on, herself. Using the blade of her scythe, she swung onto the outside surface of the building next to the crane, and slashed at the Gheist again, using her momentum to remain stationary on the vertical surface. The building had tilted from the damage to its foundation, however, so her leverage was easier to acquire. Once she was done with one series of attacks, Aimi would launch herself onto another building. She continued this pattern of movement until her squad was, visibly, no longer being targeted by the Gheist.

Khaliunaa Bayanbold

Una’s blue dress took on a fresh coat of red as May latched onto her. Una shivered as she felt the blood moisten her clothes making it stick to her skin. It took everything in her her power not to let her stomach loose all over May. When the torn up girl started sputtering odd noises and sounds Una put her hand onto her fore head. And pushed her gently down into her chest.

“We’ll have time to talk later. For now just relax ok? Once the rest of the girls take care of the gheist we’ll get you someplace more comfortable. Us famous folk shouldn’t be dirty like this.”

Una went to wrap her arm around May’s waist but stopped when she felt her hand get soaked with more blood. Hell she was literally lying in a pool of May’s blood at this point. The images of May’s mangled body from earlier flew through Una’s mind again making her wince. She couldn’t imagine going through something like that. A magical girl should never have to suffer like that. If she could make sure it never happened to another magical girl again she could, but by how well trained those men were and by how much they knew, they had probably taken down magical girls before. It wasn’t as if they asked to be magical girls. However they did choose to be Pretty Protectors. Was it too late to go back now?

Once again Una wrapped her arm around May, this time keeping her arm a bit higher to avoid the last bloody patch. Slowly but surely, Una managed to pull May in tight.

“This might sound kind of dumb coming from me, but just remember that we’re apart of a team. You know what I mean? We’re magical girls. That means we look out for each other no matter what happens. I’ll have your back, and you’ll have mine even though I don’t really need anyone’s back. Since I saved you that means you have to do a photoshoot with me sometime though, ok?”

As Una spoke, she gently rubbed May’s head, being careful to avoid any injured spots of course. As she did so however, Una noticed that her outfit was feeling a lot tighter than usual. Whatever was happening she just ignored, not noticing the malefic purple mist dancing up and down her body.. Instead she just laid in the puddle of blood with May waiting for the destruction to end.

“HVIEZMGH - (16-1)(3*2) - ZHS - D(4+4)B - MLG - GZPV - GSV - WORLD?”

The gheist’s message resounded in Una’s mind just as she started to feel a little drowsy. She couldn’t understand, but yet she could remember it so clearly. Quickly she wiped her hand on the side of her dress and slipped out her phone. She sent a message to herself typing out the message as best she could. Why was it broadcasting something different now? Was it because it was fighting? Una didn’t understand, but she planned to eventually. Hell, there was a lot she planned to understand and the next time she got behind a computer, she’d be doing just that.

Cleo Donovan

She didn’t bother holding back the grim she had when she stared at Lyudmila’s legs, torn apart with vermilion liquid oozing out and black flesh and white bones visible. Sure, the body could regenerate, but how long it would take would be another major question. The grim turned into a frown, then a dry laugh when Lyudmila said she’s still better than a lot down there, which is, well, true. Cleo momentarily glanced down. She could not see clearly in the white steam and mist but she could imagine in her head the corpses of the steamed soldiers. Somehow, she could barely feel any pity.

Her attention drifted with Lyudmila’s hand when she placed it on the side of the ballista, asking her to fire it for her while she continues to make bolts. It sounded good, for now, when she used up a lot of her own energy already making giant explosion and when the other had lost her legs. She could carry Lyudmila and get them out of the day if there’s ever another blast coming their way. However, Cleo still hesitated a bit. Was this the best they could do right now? “Got it, I also think…

Whatever plan she was starting to form in her head was cut short briefly when the Gheist’s abnormal behavior became obviously noticeable. Her eyes shifted to the Gheist as she stopped speaking, concentrating on observing each little change the Gheist was displaying, the black sludge that leaked out of its demonic red eyes and multiple parts of its body. The side-flaps on the Gheist closed on itself, and probably what she observed the fastest was how the message it was transmitting had stopped.

Did it work? Cleo couldn’t help but think in her head. Her explosion did do something, did do enough damage. Far below, she could hear civilians’ loud gasps and screams in confusion and fear as their senses were brought back to reality. For a moment, the Gheist was silent. Time seemed to have halted. Cleo caught her breath.

And how lovely would that be if the Gheist is that easy to defeat.

The loud, thundering screech pierced through the ear, breaking all windows and like a dagger it has the potential to impale all eardrums. The girl hissed at the pain, her hands raised to immediately cover her ears, dampened by the streak of blood that had trickle its way down from it.

Fuck, the girl thought to herself. She made a tiny explosion happened a couple feet away from her ears, making sure that she could still hear them. Good, she sighed in relief when she heard the small bombing noises.

The Gheist was screaming, as if screaming in pain. That means she did do enough damage to throw the behemoth off. However, that clearly doesn’t always mean a good thing. As if revolting back, the Gheist had entered its second phase. It leapt out of the ocean water, jumping a good 300ft up into the air, revealing its mighty, monstrous figure--as large as a skyscraper--no, even larger...Could even be around 1000ft.

And what it brought with it was a complete catastrophe.

Ocean water, displaced, poured out onto the harbor and streets in roaring, giant tsunami waves. As if with a soul on its own it swallowed the streets, destroying cars, buildings, people, going as far as reaching the Pretty Tower. Worst of all, however, the building she and Lyudmila was standing on began to creak as well, but instead of falling with the destruction of the building they were pulled up into the air with the surrounding objects and debris by the sheer force of the Gheist’s powerful leap.

Cleo, for a moment, lost her foothold. She tried to create explosions beneath her feet to regain her balance by utilizing her familiarity with explosions’ backlash, but at this moment it was somewhat uncontrollable. She watched as the building beginning to collapse and the ballista ready to fall down with it. Her golden eyes shifted to Lyudmila, who had cut a blade deep into her brow, her right eye became a weapon. Still fighting.

That’s right. Still fighting. They need another plan. But at this rate, what’s the best action to take?

The interception came right on time.

The familiar sight of the 50ft robot came into view as Annie, their squad leader, finally made her appearance. Her body along with the barrier she activated blocked the force of the wind and prevented them from being hit by the chunks of buildings falling on top of them. The duo was pushed against her mech’s chest, her voice from inside the suit sounded desperate.

However, Lyudmila would take none of this. Her legs began to regrow, too--more like replaced by the bone-like material that matched the Gheist in power. She was resisting, her voice filled with anger and contempt. Every word of hers make sense, and Cleo was fully aware as to why she’d be this mad. Near the end, however, as Lyudmila began to demand for Annie to let her go or throw her against the Gheist to fight it herself, Cleo’s eyebrows twitched.

Ly,” she spoke up quite loudly, enough to grab the other’s attention just as a greatsword formed in her left hand. Her tone was stern, but it has no intention of going against what Lyudmila had said. It sounded more like a reminder. “That’s enough. We have to stay rational.

The advantage they have with Annie being with them is that she could fly in the air. They’d trained together for a couple months now for her to get an idea of the girl’s overwhelming power with her mech suit. It was also undeniable that her shield had saved them a lot of unnecessary injuries. Despite its size being extremely small still compares to the gigantic figure of the Gheist, her defense, powerful lasers and Jet-Packs into the sky may be the most powerful counterattack against this behemoth. Though she did wonder on the other hand where Aimi had gone to.

Ultimately, all buildings around them had collapsed. They ended up landing on the rubble of a collapsed building. Cleo pushed herself against the mech suit, forcing herself out of Annie’s robot grip and got a solid footing on the ground herself before standing up straight again, observing the Gheist.

No more civilians could be seen. They were either crushed under these debris, washed away by the tsunami, or had the fortune to escape, whatever it may be. At first, Cleo had assumed that they’d have to fight in the sky, It occurred to her as an unexpected when the Gheist slowly descended onto the ground around 30ft away, quite calmly, and opened its mouth.

She could not comprehend whatever ciphered message had entered her head. The idea crossed her head that the Gheist could be trying to communicate with them. However, considering that this Gheist would have to be defeated and she couldn’t understand the message anyway, she decided it’s not that important right now. Especially when the Gheist had raised both arms ready to fire both of its incinerator cannons.

Annie, Ly, your shields. Alarmed, Cleo bent slightly forward, her eyebrows furrowed together. Small white orbs began to pop up around her again. It was nowhere the size of the previous, huge one she used to damage to Gheist, but it’s the best she could do now. She was going to speak her mind, getting the other two to ready themselves for defense against the Gheist’s powerful attack while preparing to fight face-on, when the familiar cute voice of the idol entered her ears. Aimi ran to them, shouting.

She’s back too, that’s good. An almost satisfied smile that hinted her gaining more confidence made its way onto her face. That’s four of them now, they almost got their squad together. Well, except for May. She had no idea how that girl is doing now.

The smile quickly disappeared with the more important matter pressing at hand. Cleo observed what Aimi was doing, grabbing the behemoth’s attention with her microphone and a call for attention, her mighty scythe sending a large soundwave toward the Gheist, attacking its shoulders. Then she continued to swing, slashing, unleashing a series of attacks, jumping from building to building.

They were no longer being targeted by the Gheist. Cleo inhaled a sharp breath. She saw the opportunity. Her eyes glowed brighter.

Now’s our chance,” Cleo's voice had always been rather cool and collected, somewhat boyish. The girl narrowed her eyes, watching as Aimi acted as a bait for the Gheist’s attention. It was somewhat a gamble, but she decided to try.

Ly, I’d attack its head, you attack the legs. Catch it off guard while it’s distracted by Aimi,” she said, formulating a plan in her head. Now that the Gheist’s on the ground, there’s a slight advantage. Aimi was aiming at the Gheist’s shoulders. If anything, it could help make it slightly more difficult for the behemoth to raise its arms to release canon attacks. Cleo could still leap into the air using her explosions and manage some moderate attacks. Ly had recreated her legs for now.

She then paused, turned to her side and looked up to Annie. “You know what you have to do right, leader?

She used and emphasized the last word on purpose, as if throwing a major reminder of the important role Annie plays in all these, and who she actually is in the squad after all these happened. If the situation at hand was a little more casual, Cleo would probably ask Annie what to do, what order she would command for them to follow, but now there’s no time.

While we catch it off guard, it’d be your chance to attack.

Cleo said to Annie, but only in her head. She didn’t want to say it out loud. Mostly because it’s obvious enough, but it also really should be something Annie could figure out herself.

Let’s go, Ly! Leader, speak up if you want us to do anything else!” She shouted in the end, and began dashing forward, upward, into the air. Crackling noises collid against the thick air as mini explosions filled the sky again. Then when she was just a meter away from the Gheist, the white orbs became slightly larger in size as it circled around the Gheist’s head before exploding. Ignis made its appearance in her right hand. Gritting her teeth as she fought through her own exhaustion from continuously using her power, she launched forward, a front leap, and made her appearance right before the Gheist’s eyes before shooting a series of mini white orbs specifically into the Gheist’s demonic red eyes.

-----
Mentioned: May SadistPoet SadistPoet Aimi Kitt Kitt
Against: Gheist SadistPoet SadistPoet
Interacted: Annie Reis Reis Lyudmila Mion Mion

Last edited:
Rooftop (May and Una)
InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum

“This might sound kind of dumb coming from me, but just remember that we’re apart of a team. You know what I mean? We’re magical girls. That means we look out for each other no matter what happens. I’ll have your back, and you’ll have mine even though I don’t really need anyone’s back. Since I saved you that means you have to do a photoshoot with me sometime though, ok?”

May was subsequently calmed down by Una's comforting tight-grasp and words, despite the chaos around them. This comfort allowed May to begin to regenerate at a slightly faster rate. It was not long until her brain finally regained its full cognitive capabilities. As this happened, her chest cavity had sealed, only leaving her arms to come back. "Una... Una..." May whispered, "It hurt so bad... did I deserve this?" May adjusted her view, laying the side of her head on the two pillows to face Una, "I just..." then May was cut off by a purple miasma appearing on Una. The shock of seeing this strange purple energy jolted some personality back into May.

"Ah! Una! What is that!" May slid herself away using her legs, "Oh my god, your dress! Get the fuck away! You're gonna explode!" May had a visible look of terror on her face. Her now frog like tongue was dangling freely. It extended behind May to the buildings ledge, grasping it and pulling her to the edge. It seemed that her tongue had acted on reflex to react to May's situation. She was now as far away as she could be from Una. She watched with nervous, yet curious eyes at the ongoing mutation.

Pan Pan

Pamela looked around and gently dropped the two men, making sure not to hurt them. She looked over to the nearest window, where she could see the Gheist and Annie's mech.

"So..Should we help them out? Cause looks like Fuka has other enemies under control"

Pamela said loud enough to be heard through the gunshots, looking at Ophelia, then she looked at Liv, Jerod and Luce. Her eyes then went to Claire who was, to her surprise, healing the broken man. Her hand immediately gripped on her pan but then he smiled. Not a crazy smile but a genuine one, at Claire. The chef felt her grip loosen on the handle of her weapon. She sighed and summoned a tamale, since Claire's magic healing card wouldn't be enough to help him out. She offered it to him

"Eat up, it won't kill you"

Pamela's hard voice said, her eyes narrowing as if saying 'If you try anything, I'll decapitate you'

Her glare became a look of pain as she felt something ringing on her head. Dropping her pan with a loud sound, Pamela clutched her head as she saw the message form infront of her.

“HVIEZMGH - (16-1)(3*2) - ZHS - D(4+4)B - MLG - GZPV - GSV - WORLD?”

What the actual fuck? What was that? The world? What did it say? Pamela had so many questions left unanswered as the pain suddenly dissapeared, along with the message as if it never happened. The Mexican had to take deep breaths to calm down. This was almost like Fuka's mental messages.

"...Did you all... Sense that? Something about the world?"

Liv's voice was heard. Pamela growled. Oh she sensed it alright. Her first thought went to the Gheist. What was it trying to do this time?

Mentions:

Claire( Sacrosanctis Sacrosanctis )
Luce( dazzling dazzling )
Liv( Dawnsx Dawnsx )
Ophelia( .chxrryette. .chxrryette. )

Interactions:

Jack( SadistPoet SadistPoet )​

Lyudmila Zima
"That's enough. We have to stay rational." She heard Cleo say.

Rational...? Yeah. I must keep my head, what was I doing? Lyudmila turned her eyes once more to the gheist. There will be enough time to discuss things later, for now I am afraid you are must be our only focus, gheist. Lyudmila watched it closely as it descended from above them, finally reaching the ground about 30ft in front of them. It's attack had wiped out just about every building in its vicinity, and likely all of the life within them too.

She heard the cipher in her head loud and clear as the gheist opened it's mouth to communicate. But she did not have the faintest understanding of what it had said. In truth, she did not even try to understand the gheist. Nor did she intend to.

Lyudmila spat out blood from her mouth, that was all that she had for the gheists attempts at communication. Should have thought of that before you killed all these people, bastard...

A smile grew across her face as Aimi began to yell out to grab the gheist's attention and harassing it with attacks from her scythe. Smart move Aimi.

"Ly I'll attack it's head, you attack its legs." She nodded along with Cleo's orders. It was a decent plan, they could take the gheist off guard while it's attention has turned on Aimi. The only problem was getting to the gheist...

Two mounds on her back began to form underneath her cloak, this was not something she had tried before but in this situation it was required of her to do absolutely whatever she could. And so sprouting from underneath her cloaks were two large wings. Perhaps they would have been called angelic if they were not made up of a mixture of black and red flesh reinforced with white bone. It's 'feathers' if it could be called that were an overlapping assortment of dark crystals.

Lyudmila leapt free from the hold of Annie and began her rush towards the gheist. This is exactly what she needed to fight these things. Flight. It started off shaky, her wings managed to keep her afloat although it looked as if she could plummet to the ground at any moment. But if there was one thing Lyudmila could do then it was adapt to the situation at hand. In order to do what needed to be done she would give her everything.

As she drew closer and closer to the gheists legs she also grew faster and faster, she held tightly onto her greatsword with her right hand while in her left she formed a spear. Gritting her teeth she flew underneath the gheists, through the gap between it;s two legs. She slashed at the back of the gheist's left knee with her greatsword before thrusting it into it's right knee. Lyudmila punched the hilt of her greatsword to push the sword deeper into the gheist.

As I said. I will have your heart.

She flew up behind the gheist and circled round to it's chest. Lyudmila took her spear in both arms before she surged forward with a cry. "RAAAAAAAAH" She yelled as she attempted to pierce through the gheists chest and into her target with all the power that she could muster.

Reis Reis SilverBlack SilverBlack SadistPoet SadistPoet

signature5d379d9beac85.png
divider-gif-1.gif

Interacted with: Dawnsx Dawnsx SadistPoet SadistPoet

Mentioned: - - -

Once each person reached the second floor, Ophelia took the liberty of doing a quick head count, making sure everyone was safe and none were left behind. She breathed out a long sigh of relief, feeling her tense body loosen at last. “Now… Time to worry about other things.” Ophelia softly whispered to herself and devoted her attention to Liv. She's going to have a tough time getting used to that change (including Ophelia herself and, perhaps, the rest of the team as well), but she nodded anyways to Liv’s reassurance despite her own haunting doubts.

At least everyone was in one piece, unlike those guys downstairs whose body parts are floating in the water as they speak. “Alright, everyone, before we go and help with the Gheist we have to make sure that everything here is completely secured. Once we exit this building, enemies could be waiting. We have to make certain that when we will leave the tower we return to find it in the same condition as before...but hopefully better with the water downstairs and all…” Ophelia muttered the latter part, eye rolling at how horrible the clean up will be once all of this blows over.

She felt a shiver down her spine as soon as that encrypted message started playing like a music disc in the back of her head. “Ugh, I despise it when it does thaaaaaaaat.” Ophelia said, groaning the last word and rolling her shoulders as if she stepped into a wad of gum. “Yeah…” She answered to Liv, biting her bottom lip in clear worry. Ophelia really does hope that Squad B is managing efficiently, she’d hate to lose more teammates…

“Well, again, at present our place is here in the tower. But, I am open to any suggestions you may all have after we are finished with... You.” Ophelia pointed a finger at the man. “Mister, my offer still stands. We would gladly make use of any information you give us. And, considering that we’ve all somewhat calmed down, maybe this will be easier for you to cooperate.” She nonetheless maintained a motherly tone, but some strictness was beginning to show in her words.

Attachments

• 1564452005567.png
    1564452005567.png
    6 KB · Views: 0
Pretty Tower Second Floor (Jack)

Jack's stalwart demeanor melted as the scythe-wielding squad leader pointed a finger at him. He couldn't believe it, this little girl was putting forth an effectively intimidating front. Jack glared over at the gaping hole then remembered why this girl could put up an intimidating front - he saw limbs, heads, and other body parts bobbing in the water. All from his comrades. Did he really want to end up like them?

“Mister, my offer still stands. We would gladly make use of any information you give us. And, considering that we’ve all somewhat calmed down, maybe this will be easier for you to cooperate.”

Jack was hesitant. What says she does not behead him once she gets the information she wants? Hell, Jack himself wanted more information on exactly what he had been doing, but he was not paid to ask questions. Still, Jack also could not shake the feeling that this scythe wielding pixie, fairy, whatever they called themselves had a sense of fairness. "Under one condition I'll spill what I know," Jack looked around nervously, as if he felt some unseen eye was watching him. "I have a wife and daughter. In-exchange for this information, assure me you'll figure out a way to keep them safe - they are all I have." Jack's breathing became more strained, and he began to sweat. It was visually apparent that he was getting nervous, very nervous.

They don't know I'm talking, right?

Do they really have eyes everywhere?

Are these girls sleeper agents?

Jack bit down on his lip, drawing blood, in nervous frustration, "I want to cooperate! I'm just here for a pay-check, nothing more - I just can't speak. The people you are standing with are greater than any one of us, and I've only seen justa little shadow of their power."

Jack then shook his head, obviously having contradicting thoughts. What about taking control? Killing for 'good.' Following your own path.

"Please, just keep that promise - no matter what. My name is Jack Fletcher, and I have a wife, Martha, along with a daughter named Crystal. I'll tell you all I know if you just please keep that one promise to me," Jack's voice sounded increasingly more desperate and panicked. He was slipping back into his manic state from earlier.

.chxrryette. .chxrryette.

Liv nodded thoughtfully as she listened to Ophelia. It has been a while since Squad B departed to handle the Gheist, and judging by the fact that they haven't returned yet, they must still be fighting. Or worse, dead. Either way, it would be best if they could go down there and assist them. Liv sighed softly, realizing how difficult it is to make certain decisions when the two squads' statuses were unknown to one another. She would have to bring up at some point a need for effective communication between the squads even when they were separated.

Putting the thought aside for now, she focused on the man. Liv hadn't even thought to save the enemy men from the flood just now, but she was glad that Claire did. Filled with a sense of pride, Liv was happy that Claire was the selfless girl that she was. Otherwise, they would have lost the chance to get valuable information. Liv would have to let her teammate know about how she felt. She deserved the praise, after all.

And Claire's selflessness paid off. The man was much calmer and more cooperative now, albeit very nervous. His name was Jack Fletcher, and he confirmed that he indeed had a wife and daughter—the mention of his family made Liv's heart soften again. But that was exactly why they had to be careful, if the man was to be trusted. Jack was looking around frightfully as if he feared being caught talking to the girls. And he had a right to be worried. After all, whatever organization Jack was in was able to infiltrate Pretty Tower without any of them realizing it. Liv didn't know what they were capable of, so they had to tread carefully, both for themselves and for Jack's family.

Ophelia was a fair girl, and if Jack promised to cooperate, Liv was sure that their leader would at least give him the benefit of the doubt in regards to his family. Still, Liv inched closer to Ophelia and whispered into her ear, "It doesn't really look like he's lying. I think we should look into his family to get his cooperation. I'm sure Miss Francesca or Miss Fuka would be able to do something about it. For now, we should take him somewhere more secure. It looks like he's worried about unwanted ears listening in."

Liv eyed the office workers huddling beneath their desks, then looked back at Ophelia expectantly.
.chxrryette. .chxrryette.

Khaliunaa Bayanbold

“No one deserves something like tha-“

Una’s response was cut off by May reeling in alarm.

“Oh my god your dress! Get the fuck away! You’re gonna explode!” May had said.

“Ex-plode?”

Una slowly looked down to see the purple miasma encircling her body. Khana and Korola both appeared and landed on Una.

“Woooooowwwww! You’re getting all squishy!” Khana exclaimed happily. The simple-minded fairy hopped up and down on Una’s chest before being smacked on the back of the head by Korola. “Shut up idiot! But uh, yea you’re getting a little heavier Una,” Korola explained. “At least it’s mostly in the right places though.”

Una groaned. “Don’t worry May, it looks like I’m just getting... rounder...” Una muttered the last bit with a little bit of sadness, but her face didn’t show it. Una raised a hand up and flicked Khana, sending her spiraling through the air. Una didn’t realize that everything that had happened today had driven her so far to a mutation!

“Is really a mutation? Is that what the purple stuff is? Why is mine so different from yours?” Una asked these questions aloud as the purple mist dissiapted leaving her with a thicker form than before. Fortunately her dress had stretched out to cover it all. “I’ll ask Francesca about it later I guess.”

Una’s eyes followed May’s frog tongue back to her fear stricken face. Obviously she was still in panic mode after everything that happened. Una didn’t blame her but found it kind of funny considering her usual attitude. This would make for good leverage later on.

“At least you’re looking a lot better now. I didn’t realize we could all heal so fast.”

Claire had always been extremely emotionally perceptive. She could tell what a person was feeling at the moment by watching their face and reading their body language, oftentimes with extreme accuracy. Thus, a note of fear briefly struck her face when she saw the hostility Jack held towards her at first. She couldn't help feeling afraid; she strove to save as many people as possible, but this was still the man who shot her, a man with mysterious motivations who has killed countless people with little hesitation.

Her fear would only have been visible for the briefest moment, as Jack's hostility was almost immediately replaced by a radiating warmth. Claire watched the veteran roughness in his expression soften for the first time in what must have been years, and she chuckled softly as she enjoyed the intimate moment.

Tension returned for the umpteenth time that day as gunshots rang out in the distance. There were sounds of fighting and chaos both near and far, and Claire briefly felt her senses fall into complete disorientation. Her vision became an incomprehensible mess of letters and numbers as harsh, otherworldly words seemed to be whispered directly into her mind. When the confusion passed, she felt that she could strangely interpret the sensations she felt in a way that made sense as some kind of code, despite the fact that she received the message without anything resembling the communication she was used to. However, all recollection of the code disappeared from her mind due to her poor memory, and it only managed to leave her momentarily reeling.

Once she regained her sense of awareness, Claire was forced to discard the small bits that she could remember from that jumble of information as she kept track of the words of her squad leader. Ophelia spoke with confidence and seemed to know what to do next even in this situation, and Claire noted that she really seemed quite leader-like. She was surprised when the conversation shifted towards Jack, and grew anxious when he started taking a defensive tone. "Y-yeah, I agree with Liv. We should probably prioritize getting everyone in a safe spot before we start talking. I-I mean, if that's okay with you..."

Claire ended her stream of thoughts awkwardly as she tried to take attention off herself. She wasn't comfortable with calling the shots, and made sure to refer to the highest person in authority for any final decision so that she didn't feel like she was operating under pressure. She saw Liv eyeing the office workers that were hiding throughout the room, and she briefly checked their faces to see if her maid was in their midst.

She hoped Miss Ellie ended up being okay. She would never forgive herself if she was one of the victims of the Gheist...

Claire looked out of the room's windows, glad to see that the turbulent waves were finally settling. Now that she thought back on it, the initial sighting of the Gheist was in the nearby waters. She hadn't considered that it might be the cause of the tsunami they experienced, but she felt a feeling of dread thinking about what would happen if it went loose while civilians were nearby. She could only hope that all of the civilians had safely evacuated beforehand and that the rest of Squad B was successfully fending off the monster.

Annie watched her comrades squirm out of her embrace, turning to face the gheist as it hovered closer to the ground. Their colossal foe aimed its cannons at her allies, prompting a fierce battle cry as the Magical Girls charged into battle. She watched them attack, hacking and slashing, throwing everything they had to create an opportunity for her to deliver the final blow.

I'm so worthless. Annie's thoughts had constantly returned to how little she could do all this time, but she didn't understand the truth behind that statement until now. Seeing her allies rush fearlessly into combat made her realize just how strong they were. Yeah, most of the other girls couldn't manage to overwhelm her mechanical suit in training, not even if they worked in teams. But it was their tenacity in the face of gut-wrenching terror that made them seem like stronger heroes than Annie ever could be. And yet she stood here amongst them, staring straight into the bleeding eyes of her the enemy at long last. If she would ever have a chance to prove her place beside them, it would be now.

She curled her fist around the hilt of her sword, drawing the long blade from its sheath. She held it steadily in front of her, the metal glowing with the light of blazing plasma. When her friends managed to put the gheist on its heels, Annie blasted waves of fire from her jets and charged.

lucia megume "halo"

interacted ➜ none
mentioned ➜ Jack SadistPoet SadistPoet
location ➜ Second Floor

⊱ ─────────────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ─────────────── ⊰

Luce’s ears was ringing. Words and expressions spun around her like a hurricane, beating and slipping away from her ears. People were talking, but all she could hear was the monotonous chiming in her ears. Numbers and letters started flashing by her eyes til they filled her vision with black. Nothing about it was human, and it made no sense to the girl. But was anything about their current situation really logical?

When the ringing subsided and the string of symbols faded Luce saw the soldier from earlier, the gash in his cheek gone, talking. Talking about—

A family? A f...family?

Oh my god I did that to someone with a family.

The guilt from everything she just did kicked her in the gut. Her hands shook. She hadn’t even made sure Cameron was ok; Only asked him to look at her doing some stupid trick. Was that the last he ever saw of me? My mediocre transformation?

Clenching her fist, she stowed the guilt away and turned to her teammates. She refused to be useless, even if she could barely function. Taking a small breath she opened her mouth. I bet nobody even wants to hear from me, but... “I agree. We should t-try to get somewhere safe. Secure too. His family can be used as a bargaining chip,” She felt nauseous using his family as pawns, but it was the best way. “To make sure he complies.”

Last edited:
Pretty Tower Upper Floors

Ruri had drawn her plasma coated tactical knife in a false feign of tenacity. She wanted Fuka to believe that she was ready to make her last stand. Emerie had yet to make it down to assist Fuka, so she could make her daring move with little interference. "Op. 2, move to your right five feet," she heard an English-accented man say into her ear-piece. Ruri thought to herself,about time Longsword. Ruri leapt to her right, and Fuka attempted to follow up by placing a shot where Ruri was going to land. The shot hit true, nailing Ruri right in her belly, yet Fuka was also hit. The bullet moved so fast that the sound traveled slower than the shot itself, giving Fuka no time register any sort of reaction. It hit Fuka right in the chest, sending milky white artificial blood, sparks, wires, and other mechanical bits clattering all about.

Fuka reacted instinctively despite her grievous wounds, and retreated to cover. Ruri put her hand over her wound, attempting to quell the bleeding even a small amount. "Moving to the far-side for extraction. Took one hit - stomach." Ruri moved to the far-side of the floor. She did not have time to reload her pistol to shoot out the window, plus she did not want to risk further injury by throwing herself through it, instead she elected to send a nearby computer monitor through the window. Ruri let out a sigh of relief, but felt an odd tinge of sadness. She liked pretending to be a flustered, shy, and cute maid. It was, as the masses would say, fun. Ruri sprung out of the window disappearing into seemingly thin air.

Emerie would find Fuka taking cover behind a wall, applying a tube of some sort of gel to her wound. Fuka then turned the corner and conducted a sweep. It became apparent that Ruri had escaped. Fuka did not let her disappointment be shown, and instead motion for Emerie to follow her back downstairs.

Pretty Tower Second Floor

Jack reluctantly accepted the Mexican magical girl's offer of a tamale. He bit down on it and was surprised at the rich flavor of something seemingly made out of thin air. He felt his wounds begin to further fade. It really was miraculous what these girls were capable of. Jack had seen many things in his service to the United States, and various other groups. He had seen some thing supernatural, such as phantom-like soldiers, but never something like these girls. The world was really turning upside down, wasn't it? None-the less Jack felt a bit more at-peace now that his wounds were mended, plus he felt he was going to make it out of this alive. Jack shook his head to himself at the notion that he just had a death wish only a few moments ago.

Fuka came downstairs, along with Emerie, right as the girls were speaking about detaining him. Jack saw the masked figure appear, "Living Weapons? Number 2?" A fearful gasp forcefully escaped Jack. On instinct, he went for his concealed firearm the girls had neglected to take from him. Fuka closed the gap between them, caught his arm, and twisted it so he dropped the gun. No, why did I do that? Jack thought to himself in bitter disappointment. His instincts had kicked in upon seeing that horrific thing. How could he forget her tearing through his platoon on more than one occasion? Now it was working with these girls? The world was more than upside down - it was straight up broken.

-

Fuka had acknowledged the girls wishes and detained Jack, along with the other two individuals. She took note that Jack was willing to talk about the nature of this operation, but elected to hold him until Francesca could show up to have a word with him. Fuka tied all three of them up in one of Pretty Tower's hidden rooms for holding people of special interest. She knew what was going to happen to the nameless two who yet to show any desire to talk. Her employer, Francesca, was going to use them as an example to make sure Jack was absolutely honest with her. In preparation for the interrogation, Fuka began to search the internet for any and all information on Jack's family.

Ocean Side

The Gheist almost had let loose its disintegrating beams, but a combination of pink-light and sound waves caused its aim to be thrown off. It appeared to be trying to avoid directly firing at anything other than the girls. Aimi's distraction had worked, the Gheist's shoulder mounted machine gun fired volatile plasma bullets, but none of them hit their mark. Aimi deftly avoided them all while sending sound waves at the Gheist to pepper it with damage. It was getting sick of this, and was about to bring a fist down to shatter the structures Aimi was making use of, however explosions from Cleo suddenly temporarily blinded the Gheist. This caused it to lose track of where to hit, sparring Aimi from her career prematurely ending.

This gave Lyudmila, who just sprouted wings, the perfect opening to drive her blade right into the back of the Gheist. Previously, her spear had not been able to penetrate, but through sheer force of will the blade penetrated the outer armor of the Gheist. A torrent of arterial, gooey, black-blood spurt out, forcing Lyudmila flying off the back of the Gheist, and if she did not recover from the fall she would find herself safely falling into the ocean.

The Gheist by now had been brought to its knees. The constant stream of lightly damaging, yet effective attacks, had sense its sensors into a wild spin. It could not track all of these fleshy little creatures at once. Its weapons were suited for long range combat against other beings of large size, not tiny little humans. It was about to further re-position, jumping off to a better place, but Annie's mech swiftly caught it right before it did so. Jump as the Gheist sprung itself upwards, Annie flew by at blazing speed, liberating its had from its body. The body still had momentum as it sprung upwards, in a feeble attempt to escape, and its now headless body flung itself into the water. It sent up a large splash, blanketing the area in a short-lived, light, rain. The head fell to the ground, its weight making a small crater. The red-eyes remained glowing, then shifted to a green, and finally settle on a life-less lack of color.

The Gheist was dead...

Aftermath

Following the defeat of the Gheist, Fuka got all the girls out of the city as soon as possible. They would only have time to pack a bag of essentials, or other things that they felt were essential. Fuka did not want the girls to be subject to any questioning from any source. This attack sent panic throughout the world, death totaled to at-least ten-thousand innocent civilians, with countless other missing. In hindsight, only a fourth of New York was under the Gheist's mind control effect, but the attack happened so suddenly that no effective response could be made. Distant cameras caught the ensuing fight between the Pretty Protector's squad B and the Gheist. Once uploaded, this video netted several billion views, making it the most viewed video in history. The girls being hailed as genuine super heroes by many.

Almost immediately after the attack, survivors began to spread word of Aimi's good deed, but some were skeptical of her intentions. No-one in the arena died thankfully to the torrent of water despite what Aimi believed might happen. This raised her music to a new level of stardom and attention. She was not only be praised as an idol, but a savior figure.

It seemed that the girls effectiveness of saving the city, but so many civilians being killed created a misplaced faith. Many raised questions why a few girls are the protectors of the people, but the government had no immediate reaction. The loss of human life only drove anti-NATA sentiment in the population. Within a day hundreds of critical reports, memes, and social media posts were made about NATA's lack of involvement in the situation. Many even went on to blindly propose that the soldiers who fired upon civilians were NATA forces, but no solid proof of this exists. It became apparent that people were losing faith in government and finding new faith in Magical Girls...

One Week Later...

July 12th, 2032

(OOC: List three major events that your girl conducted while in the campground. These can be things like training, making basic equipment repairs, ect...)

Fuka had confiscated all electronics from the girls, and even set up a signal-scrambler for good measure. The girls were being kept in a bare-bones RV with barely enough room to fit them all at a campground somewhere in West Virginia. A nearby small town kept them supplies with food and essentials, but the vending machines also served as fine places to find dinner. The girls were instructed to remain as inconspicuous when they traveled out to buy something. These little trips offer them glimpses that the larger situation at hand. It became obvious that gun-purchases were at an all time high, seeing as many people could be seen taking them home. None-the less, Fuka ensured the girls that this living arrangement was strictly temporary until Francesca got a hold of the legal fallout of the situation. It seemed that Francesca took the initiative to fund the repairs of New York City, and even went so far to also fund the recovery of the Gheist's corpse. It was great publicity for the Turner Corporation.

Unknown Location

The room was only illuminated by a dim, dangling, long light-bulb. Three men were seated together in the center of the room, firmly bound and restrained. Two remained unnamed, but the one of interest was Jack Fletcher. The three had been sitting together in this room for days. That living weapon, Fuka, would come in every so often to give them food, and further sedate them. Prior to this arrangement Fuka had laid out the terms of this interrogation to Jack. She ensured him that his family was being taken into protective custody at this very moment, and no harm would come of him, so long as he cooperated.

After an unknown amount of time, the door to the holding room swung open, and was accompanied by a scent of perfume. Jack could make out that she was wearing some gaudy looking dress, and was carrying what appeared to be a parasol. Fuka followed behind her, and shut the door behind them. The perfume plastered woman stood for a moment, sizing the three up. "Jack Fletcher," her voice had an accent, but Jack could not identify it, "Are you familiar with whence that surname derives Mr. Fletcher?"

"Y- yeah," Jack's voice was week from the constant sedation, "Arrow makers n' shit."

Another captive man chimed in, "Don't you fuckin' tell her anything Jack!"

The dressed up woman let out an audible sigh, "Oh dear Fuka - please muzzle this cretin." Without any hesitation, Fuka aggressively gagged the man with rope. "Anyways, Sir Fletcher, in my time many-a Fletcher tried to form arrows that could kill me. Garlic, silver, crosses, holy water, and the like - all made to an arrow." The lady began to circle the trio of men with a predatory glare, "For a time, I was afraid, avoided the weapons fearful futile little men concocted. Then one day, an arrow pierced my breast. A silver one, right to my heart, and yet I still live. Do you know where this goes Sir Fletcher?"

"Uh... you're not a werewolf?" Jack nervously guessed.

The lady let out a posh heartfelt laugh, "Ohohoho," she wiped away happy-tears from her eyes, "No no no. You are an absolute darling Mr. Fletcher, good guess, yet no - I am not a dog-person. The point of which is that they feared me, and believed I was something else. They assigned the moniker of 'Vampire' to me, but I have never thirsted for only blood." She leaned in close to Jack, letting her smooth, refined, pale, features be seen, "Yet that is what I pretend to be, because the truth is far worse. I merely use one ridiculous notion - to hide a sinister one." Jack had a trembling look in face, but the lady offered him a smile.

Jack felt a fear welling up inside him, and spoke out his first concern, "What about my family? Are they okay?!"

The ladies long, ornate, nails affectionately pinched his face, "Oh yes they are, and Sir Fletcher, they are quite the lovely bunch. We had tea and cakes. They were easy to capture, and are adjusting well to their new life in peaceful captivity. Oh and do not worry, if you comply Sir Fletcher, we will arrange many visits."

Jack let out an audible sigh of relief, "Thank god. I'll tell you anything."

The lady backed up back into the darkness, "First, Sir Fletcher, to demonstrate my absolute power, and dominion - I must dispose of your two friends."

All the color fled from Jack's visage at her confident words. "Wait wait!" the un-gagged man cried out, but his protests turned into manic screaming. Jack looked over to see both of the men's bodies begin to soften. Their faces began to twist, their eyes rolled out of their skulls, teeth simply plopped right out onto floor, hair fell out everywhere, and through this all the men were still screaming. They were still alive as their rib-cage suddenly force their way out of the exterior of their body, and organs dangled freely still connected to the network that made up the human body.

Still screaming

Still alive

Their screams only ceased when they were a blue-black paste that coated the floor.

The ladies eyes shone a demonic red, and her voice spoke directly to his mind, "I am Francesca Turner, and you will tell me everything Sir Fletcher."

Last edited:
July 19th, 2032

Another week passed, the Pretty Protectors found themselves arriving at their new home. Fuka had not bothered to inform them where they were going. Instead, she simply just crowded the girls onto a plane just big enough to hold all of them. Thankfully, the trip only persisted for about two hours. Once they landed, and exited the craft, they would be greeted by a humid southern summer. Cicadas chimed in unison greeting the Pretty Protectors. The airport they landed at was a far cry from a traditional commercial one, and was more so a strip of dirt with one hanger. On the far-edges of the airport men in military gear watched the girls from a distance. One man from the group called out, Fuka went over to talk to him, and ordered the girls to wait in the bed of the truck that would take them to their destination.

From a distance, it did not seem like the man was afraid of Fuka and her strange method of communication. Instead, he stood stalwart with a 'no-nonsense' kind of look. All while this happened, two trucks with several men in the back of them came barreling into the airport. The hoods of both of these trucks had decals of a Confederate Battle Flag. If any of the girls were well-versed in the news it would become apparent that this was one of the militias popping up in the in the Southern U.S that are opposed to the merger with Canada and Mexico. Despite not officially being in control, many of these militias held enough power to influence local policy in many Southern-States.

The men from the arriving trucks formed a perimeter at the woodlands edge, and the two men remaining in the trucks used them to form a blockade from the single road leaving the shabby airport. Looking back over to Fuka it seemed that she was done talking to the stalwart looking man. She began to walk alongside him over to the girls. His features came into a more clear-view once he got closer. He had a large scruffy beard, a nasty scar on his face, and a dead eye stare. The dead-eye'd man kept a rifle in hand before opening letting out a sarcastic message, "Welcome to Georgia little ladies!"

He walked over to the side of the truck, "Call me Stonewall, as in Stonewall Jackson, but I really doubt ya'll listened in history class." Stonewall paused at the rear of the truck, "Listen up and listen good n' we wont have any trouble - specially' zipper face over their," he nodded in Aimi's direction. "I dun' really give a fuck about who, and what ya'll are. Your boss does good business with us, and that's why we are agreeing to keep quiet about yuns' being down in our lil' abode."

Stonewall took a step towards the truck, "Just got two simple rules. Real easy-like ta' follow." Stonewall raised a single digit, "Dixie Witches reach out to ya'll cause you share common blood then yuns' report it to us, better yet just waste em'." Stonewall raised two digits, "Ya'll are free to wander about into the nearby town, and those people know good and well to keep their traps shut, but I'll tell ya'll this just once. You don't let ANYONE know you guys are bein' kept down here, or else you will regret it." Stonewall stood still for a moment sizing the girls up, "Well, if yuns' need some persuadin' because I don't think I'm bein' taken seriously, then let this be an example." Stonewall reached into his his pocket and produced a handful of photos. He tossed them into the center of the truck bed, all of these photos were of a young Liv and her father. "That make it clear?"

He turned around walking back over to his men, "Ay! Cletus! Get em their housewarming gifts!"

Khaliunaa Bayanbold

Una was glad to be on her way to a new home that was hopefully furnished with a fluffy bed all for her. She was also happy that they were moving quietly. Having someone take Una's picture in her current state would be troubling. However it was unsettling that they were being assisted by the crazy Americans that wanted the United States to separate itself from its neighbors again. She recognized the symbol from the news she was able to find in the groups time at the campground. Hell, this was the last group Una expected to be meeting, much less receiving help from. Una assumed it just meant that Francesca had helped them in some way, and they were repaying the favor. Una watched from afar as Fuka spoke to a hairy-faced man.

"Why are a bunch of crazy Americans helping us?" Una asked aloud to the girls around her. As the hairy man and Fuka turned and began to head towards them, Una was able to make out his features much more clearly. "This guy looks like he came straight out of a low budget action movie," Una whispered to Pamela, with a sly grin. When Fuka and the man stopped before them, Una made sure to straiten up and smile.

"Welcome to Georgia little ladies!"

Oh, is that where they were? Una was never that great at geography, especially the United States and their million states or whatever. At she knew it was south... or something. The rest of the things he said were about what she expected, but his voice was rougher than she had assumed. At least he seemed pleasant to be around.

"Dixie Witches reach out to ya'll cause you share common blood then yuns' report it to us, better yet just waste em'."

Dixie Witches? What the heck are those? Magical girls? Una refrained from asking right then and there, but made a note to ask someone later when they had settled into their new home. However, Una's relative comfort in the situation ended when the man tossed out the pictures of a young girl and her parents. Una didn't know who the people on the photo were, but when she saw Liv's reaction, she connected the dots rather quickly. With furrowed eyebrows, Una's eyes raised up towards 'Stonewall'. She was ready to threaten him in her own way, but was cut off by him yelling for some fellow named Cletus to bring their 'gifts'.

"Gifts? What could you possibly give us?"

Pamela

Pamela was getting tired of being moved from place to place suddenly and without knowing the destination so she was pretty relieved when they finally landed. The fact that they were with Americans who were crazy about a seperate United States bbothered her since she was also Mexican. Her Papa often complained about them back at the restaurant and often allowed her to chase them out if they caused any sort of trouble. The brunnette sighed and hoped Francesca had some business with them, which was probably the case. She watched as Fuka went to talk to a man with more hair on his face than he probably should have.

"Why are a bunch of crazy Americans helping us?"

Una asked, a question that Pamela didn't have the answer to. She shrugged

"Probably because nobody is crazy enough to come here?"

Pamela said. It made some sense, since they went into a camp after the gheist attacked. The hairy man came up to them with Fuka by his side, his appearance making her raise her brow.

"This guy looks like he came straight out of a low budget action movie,"

Una whispered to her, making her smile. Pamela's relationship with the blonde celebrity increased since the attack. It was nice to have someone to talk to who didn't make her mad most of the time

"Yeah, like a zombie movie that didn't have any merch"

Pam said, chuckling. She had seen people far more intimidating during her days running the restaurant.

"Welcome to Georgia little ladies!"

Pamela's good mood vanished once she heard the rough voice of the hairy action movie guy. Little lady? Little!?.
Her eye twitched and her hands curled into fists as she glared at him but didn't do anything rash as this could bring in unpleasant situations.

"Dixie Witches reach out to ya'll cause you share common blood then yuns' report it to us, better yet just waste em'."

"Ya'll are free to wander about into the nearby town, and those people know good and well to keep their traps shut, but I'll tell ya'll this just once. You don't let ANYONE know you guys are bein' kept down here, or else you will regret it."

Dixie Witches? Were they expected to know them? Were they another group of Magical Girls? Pamela's frown deepened at the warning. She knew that because of obvious reasons but did he mean outside of Georgia? Her train of thought hit the braks when he called some guy to bring them their gifts. Una was also protesting

" We appreciate it, Santa but who told you we wanted your gifts?"​

Claire sighed as her senses were bombarded with the humid summer heat, the cool air conditioning of the plane abandoning her skin and leaving it to moisten immediately from the oppressive warmth. Her dizziness only increased as the chirping of cicadas rang out all around her and the scent of dust filled her nose, and she wondered if her headache would build up into yet another wave of nausea. Even after having spent a mere two hours up in the air, there was something about airplanes that always made her motion sick, no matter the length of the ride.

Her curiosity barely managed to override her nausea as she observed her surroundings. The airport was less than impressive and the distant clusters of men in what looked like military gear unnerved her. Her discomfort was amplified by the ambush that her squad had experienced a couple of weeks in the past. Claire's mind wandered to Jack's whereabouts, as she had not seen him since the events of that fateful day. She thought of him from time to time, but never got around to asking about him. She trusted that the Pretty Protectors had him in good care, and thought it was safe to assume that he was peacefully returned to his family. She wondered if he had chosen a different path, or if he still showed dogged commitment towards taking the lives of others. Claire had always wanted to make a deep change in someone else's philosophy, ever since she observed her mother's work with her clients as a child. It would deeply touch her if she affected Jack's life path; inversely, it would wound her to know that he'd so easily fallen back on old habits. She considered asking Fuka about him when she next found an opportunity, for the sake of finding closure.

When Stonewall approached the girls, Claire couldn't help but take note of the man's grimy appearance. His scraggly beard, deep scar and dead-eyed stare added a certain roughness to his demeanor that, alongside his heavily accented voice, seemed designed to intimidate. Regardless, Claire tried to put on a brave face, hiding the exhaustion of motion sickness and the wariness of being in an unfamiliar environment. It was obvious that Fuka hadn't chosen this place for sightseeing; the group of girls were on a mission, and Claire tried perhaps a little too hard to leave a good impression on a potential ally. Besides, she made it a rule to avoid judging anyone based on appearances alone; he spoke and acted like a thug, and even assigned a rude nickname to Aimi, but he was investing his time into instructing the girls for the sake of their safety. He couldn't be that bad.

Despite paying close attention, Claire had no recognition towards the faction flags that were scattered throughout the area, and trying to consume all the little details at once left her at a loss. It didn't help that Stonewall's accent was just a bit too heavy for her to fully comprehend his words. She felt disheveled and her nausea had not completely worn off, but she got the gist of what was going on. The girls were to go into town without revealing their identities and avoid the Dixie Witches. Whoever they were.

Claire was briefly alarmed by the photos of Liv and her dad that Stonewall produced, before he called out to someone so that they could receive some kind of gifts. She was taken aback by both Una and Pam's apparent outrage towards these 'gifts'. "Calm down, guys! Gifts are supposed to be good. You should be grateful that he's showing so much hopsilat...hospily...hos....selflessness!" Claire blushed in embarrassment as she blanked on the word 'hospitality', and her show of stupidity caused her to give an apologetic glance in Fuka's direction.

Liv skipped a little as she exited the airplane, greeted by the humid southern air. She’d only been on airplanes a handful of times in her life, her father never really having much money to spare for vacations. It was the first time she ever brought one of her sweethearts on a ride. Jerod was seated on her lap for the entire trip, letting out countless “ooh”s and “ah”s as he watched the scenery from the window, despite there having been only mostly clouds. Needless to say, the ride was as fun for Liv as it was for Jerod.

As she joined her fellow Pretty Protectors in waiting for Miss Fuka, Liv produced a dainty, handmade handkerchief from her dress pocket and dabbed at her forehead. Jerod clinging at her shoulders also made a sheen a sweat form at her neck, so she maneuvered him to sit next to her on the bed of the truck instead.

“Very hot here, isn’t it?” Liv said, to no one in particular.

“Is it?” Jerod scrunched up his nose and looked up at the sun. “Huh. Can’t tell.”

Liv hummed. She learned soon after becoming a magical girl that her sweethearts cannot feel most sensations. Things like temperature or pain didn’t affect them, which could be troublesome, considering they could still be damaged regardless. Liv tucked away her handkerchief, then touched her wooden arm. She couldn’t feel anything there either, whether it’d be the heat or her own touch.

“Hey Liv, what are those?” Jerod piped up curiously with a tug at her dress, pointing to some trucks.

”Oh, those are the... Confederate Battle Flags, I believe?” Liv replied unsurely. She wasn’t the best at school in the first place, and after opting to quit college to join the Pretty Protectors, most academic knowledge that had no direct link to her life escaped her head.

“Americans and their flags,” Jerod said with a roll of his eyes. “All about that freedom and patriotism.”

Liv giggled nervously as the man Miss Fuka was talking to walked up to them right as the words left Jerod’s mouth. He was certainly intimidating, and she quietly hoped that he hadn’t heard what Jerod said.

With an unmistakable southern accent, the man welcomed them to Georgia. He spoke gruffly, introducing himself and drilling the house rules into their heads. The name Stonewall Jackson definitely rung a bell, but again, Liv drew a blank when she tried to remember where she heard the name from.

“Is this what cowboys sound like?” Jerod whispered in awe, then grunted when Liv gave him a little shove with her elbow.

"Well, if yuns' need some persuadin' because I don't think I'm bein' taken seriously, then let this be an example."

Stonewall took out a stack of photos and unceremoniously dropped them onto the bed of the truck. Liv craned her head to get a better look.

Immediately recognizing her father in the photos, Liv’s heart leapt to her throat.

And the little girl next to him... It must be herself. It has been a long time since Liv even thought about looking at her and her father’s old photos, so how...?

With trembling fingers, she sifted through all the photos, finding that they were all of her and her father.

“That you and your dad?” Jerod asked, taking a photo.

”Yeah,” Liv replied hollowly. Was this how Jack felt when they interrogated him back at the tower?

“Huh,” Jerod took another photo and scrutinized it. “Well, your dad was pretty hot when he was younger. No wonder you’re so pretty, Liv!”

A surprised laugh escaped Liv. She looked at Jerod and saw him wearing a cheeky grin. With a smile of her own, she fondly ruffled his hair. Her father would be safe, Liv told herself, so long as she played by Stonewall’s rules. It’ll be fine.

Liv shifted her attention on the “gift” that Stonewall mentioned, and the girls’ varying reactions towards it.

”Mm, did you mean to say hospitality, Claire?” Liv absentmindedly supplied. She didn’t want to judge before getting to know Stonewall and his men better, but just by the threat with her photos, she wasn’t sure if those “gifts” would be something to look forward to.
Sacrosanctis Sacrosanctis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back