• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Maho Shojo Yōma Sentōki (Magical Burst) [Forum]

Unbridled Originality

Stole your Sweetroll

[media]

[/media]

Sekiro City is dying. It’s happening slowly, almost too slowly to be noticed, but the city is falling apart at its seams. Salary workers go about their days listlessly, all their passion gone. People vanish without a trace, leaving police without a clue. Rot and corruption spread throughout the city unchecked; unseen but no less real for it.

You are a student at Sekiro Middle School, who’s been chosen for some very unorthodox extracurricular activities. For one reason or another, each of you has been cursed with the ability to see strange phantasams and horrifying visions of creatures attacking those around you. They leave no visible damage, but those you see attacked become...different. You may have tried fighting back, but the creatures seem to ignore your existence completely.

That all changes when you are approached by Touma, a small pink rabbit. He explains that he is what is called a “tsukaima,” and shares with each of you a secret; the source of Sekiro City’s problems is magical in origin. The monsters you are seeing are nightmare beings known as Youma, and they've been preying on the hopes and dreams of the denizens of Sekiro for years. But all is not lost! Touma can grant you the power to fight back, should you be willing to make a contract with him. And, as a perk, if you collect thirteen Oblivion Seeds from defeated Youma, he can grant your heart’s desire! What could possibly go wrong?

Some rules:

• We will be using the Magical Burst system. Character sheets for Magical Girls are available here.
  • Characters will start as potential magical girls, as per the rules on page 48. However, all characters will become magical girls, so go ahead and use the normal character generation rules. The potential aspect is mainly a roleplay conceit.
  • Before the game starts, we will plan out the relationship map together on a group Google Document.
  • I'm looking for 3-4 players to start; please post a quick summary of your intended character, including their name, their weapon and costume, their personality, and what led them to become a magical girl.

And remember: "Being meguca is suffering."

Tagging @Thief of Words , @SephirothSage , @CactusAir , @solyrflair , @Shining Lotus Sage from the interest check. I know the latter three were interested in joining later on, potentially.

Name: Shiore Hana

Costume: Cross between Vampire Gothic-Lolita, and Full-Metal Plate.

Weapon: Okay. You take Guts's Dragonslayer Sword.... You take that. You merge it with the Hilt, and overall Aesthetic of Cloud's Ultima Weapon- so you've got this roughly Seven foot long, fuck-off-greatsword, made of what looks like purple and white crystaline-steel magical-fuckery of Illogic. Then you give it to a 14 Year old Girl!

Element: Blood! (For the Blood God!)

Reason For Becoming: Well... The other day.. she.. she saw those things.. had one of those visions- but it was her parents! Her parents! And now they.. their just... their just... Just wrong.... and she feels so alone.. so alone, she doesn't want to be alone... and she's starting to hate those things- Why are they tormenting me!? She thinks. "Am I insane...?" is another common thought.

Personality: Caring, Passionate.... Serious, SERIOUS Anger Management issues. Highly Defensive of her Friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said, go ahead and submit your character ideas. I'll pick the four I think work best to start, then the rest can go on the waitlist for when I'm a little more comfortable with the system. I'd love to have you, Frixz and Vinom. ^_^

Name: Omoi Ishiko

Costume:

Weapon: Osmium / Iridium hammer.

Element: Gravity

Reason for becoming: working on that.

Personality: the phlegmatic to Seph's character's Sanguine. Depressive tendencies. Stubborn. Usually even-keeled when not under effects of depression.

SephirothSage said:
For the last name?
Nope. For the first. Kirafurawa is just transliterating it into katakana, whereas -satsu means murder or killer. Hissatsu: person killer / murderer. Ansatsu: assassin. Hanasatsu: flower killer?

Eh? You gave it an unusual request?

EDIT: Apparently deadly flower is: 萎れた花 or shioreta hana.

Why not go with: Shiore Hana for the name? Her personal name would literally be flower then. Familial name Shiore.

I typed in Killer Flower, it gave me the name I was using. *Shrug* I dunno.

Or did I misunderstand your post correcting me /entirely/?

You're the one that named the contract critter something japanese-sounding. Pretty sure we were just going off of that.

Name: Chīsana Shijesutā

Costume: A Grim Reaper themed Halequin

Weapon: Scythe of course!

Element: Death and the Preservation of Life!

Reason For Becoming: There had to be an end to these things, their own version of death. And what better to combat these things then by becoming their very own Reaper.

Personality: Distant, Sardonic with an off putting sense of humor, stiff at times, naive and sometimes unsure of herself.

I thought it was supposed to be all weeabooish!

Name: Mohana Nakamura

Costume: A odd fusion of a Shinto Priestess's uniform and power armor. The Haori and Hakama are made of actuated lamalar plates with the plates of the Haori made of ivory, while her Hakama's plates and her boots, gauntlets, and visor are made of a polished unearthly red metal.

Weapon: A pair of curved blades of the same red metal. These blades can be linked together at the hilts to form a Yumi, a japanese long bow.

Element: Time

Reason for becoming: Death was placed by the Kami at the end of the path of people's lives. These demons of fear and darkness, greed and hate, they cut this path short. But every step happens guided by the ancestors and the gods... one step untaken is one change made to the lives of others not made.

Personality: Well-read, wise, and aloof. She doesn't care about the day to day high school trivialities or the popularity wars.

Name: Omo Ishiko or 重 石子

Costume: Crystalline power-armor styled armor (think osmium crystals for appearance) with a skirt that looks like a flowing, shifting black hole.

Weapon: Hammer with Osmium head, Iridium engraving on head, and platinum haft. (First, second, and third densest stable elements).

Element: Gravity, weight, attraction, repulsion.

Reason for Becoming: Ishiko became aware of the Youma quite some time ago. She saw the monster that caused the construction 'accident' that took her father's hand. No one believed her, though. But after that accident...well, everything changed. Her father fell into a dark place of self-pity and self-loathing. Her family, which had been so happy, began to strain at the edges. She had to start working part time jobs until one of her younger sisters got old enough to help out too, since her father's wages were cut down to the 10.3% payout of disability. Mom had to get a full time job, too. So she also had to act as the head of the household her perennially drunk father was incapable of being.

Ahhhh, dang, these are all really cool ideas. ^_^

I'm gonna give it a few hours or so, but if no one else posts, then we'll just go ahead with these ones. ^_^

Gloria King was the daughter of a successful Japanese businesswoman who married her American corporate counterpart, moving to New York and raising two children. When Gloria was seven they divorced, and she and her older brother were taken back with their mother to Japan, where they lived in luxury until her tragic death one year ago. As her brother was the older one, he became Gloria's legal guardian, and she's become increasingly rebellious out of protest. She's brash, argumentative, possessive, and a rebel without a cause; the goal of collecting Oblivion Seeds keeps her focused for now, but she honestly doesn't know what she would wish for, or even do with her life, if she actually succeeded.

Her theme is Gold and her weapons are a Mace and Shield. The shield, seen below, has additional tricks and properties. Her magical girl costume consists of an ornate billowing long-sleeved shirt, a long skirt with a frilled trim, golden armor pieces attached at the shoulders, forearms, and feet, and a winged white helmet trimmed with gold.

6npD4xr.png

I fought off the urge to go with Bone for an element and go MAGICAL BODYHORROR in favor of always having hair standing up everywhere

Name: Tanaka Saki

Costume: A white leather duster with matching boots over a black button up shirt and skirt. The derpy ensemble is completely with a black witch's hat that has a wide brim and a white ribbon tied around it. Oh! And black thigh-high socks. ULTRACLASSY

Weapon: A pair of entirely metal falx connected by a lengthy chain

Element: Lightning/Magnetism

Reason for becoming: JUSTICE There's a lot wrong with this city, all the old folks keep saying that things aren't the way they used to be. I believe them. There is something wrong with this city and I know it's tied to those monsters that are attacking people. Could be an invasion of pod people, could be a crazy alien flu that survived falling from a meteor. Either way it needs to be stopped

Personality: JUSTICE Saki is blunt and direct with her words and actions. Possessing a strong belief of what is right or wrong, she seldom frets too much about perceptions from others. (Not tsundere. Nope.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back