• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Magnus Archives / Protocol Catchall!

crossfox

eyes upon eyes upon eyes
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello! For quick introduction, I'm in my mid-20s and I've been RPing for well over a decade. I'm happy to provide samples if needed.

Various broad strokes before I get into the nitty gritty:
  • I'm open for writing any sort of relationship: platonic, romantic, familial, mentor, etc. I very much adore intricate character dynamics and live for seeing the way that characters evolve.
  • I can work with any RP length, ranging from single paragraph to 800+ words in a single response. There's no pressure to match. I much prefer traditional and only write in third person.
  • I'll RP most places, though Discord, CheRP and email are definitely the most convenient. The only major preference I have is that the RP is in private!
  • I've already written most major characters, and I can try to play pretty much anyone. Broadening my horizons is a great time!
  • I'm very patient! There's no rush to reply immediately. That being said, I'm also happy to chat OOC between replies, and I'll do my best to warn you if I need more than a couple days to respond. Life happens.
  • I don't do canon/OC ships, but I'm happy to write OC and canon interactions in general!
Characters I've written (that I can recall), vaguely in order of how interested I am in playing them:
  • Jonathan Sims
  • Martin Blackwood
  • Gwendolyn Bouchard
  • Sasha James
  • Danny Stoker
  • The OIAR bots (Chester + Norris + Augustus)
  • Tim Stoker
  • Daisy Tonner
  • Eric Delano
  • Jonathan Fanshawe
  • Basira Hussain
  • Michael, of the Shelley and Distortion varieties
  • Jonah Magnus
  • Elias Bouchard / James Wright (I prefer to write him against Peter)
  • OG Elias Bouchard
  • Gertrude Robinson
  • Gerard Keay
Characters I haven't written but am craving to:
  • Melanie King
  • Alice Dyer
  • TMAGP!Gerry
With ships, I'll write the vast majority of things, whether it's Jmart, JonElias, Doorkeay, Melanie/Daisy, etc.
I'm willing to write canon-compliant, divergent plots, or complete AUs, and I love all dynamics, but I've got a weakness for enemies to lovers and work relationship turned romantic. Since it's typically easy to blossom something from canon, I'll instead put some of my AUs below, with notes of who I'll play within them:

Under Scrutiny's Eye [Jon, maybe others]
A Somewhere Else AU where the Extinction has comfortably integrated itself in with the other fears. The fears are under a different categorization, with the primary one being Scrutiny, the Monitor, the Aperture, or any other myriad of names. Jon became an avatar fresh out of university and now works as a researcher and software engineer for Panoptic Communications. Panoptic is a company that specializes in surveillance, which boomed into success (and the government's favor) after many successful developments in biometric security. Jon himself has been the pioneer of their most recent developments in facial recognition.
Jon sits comfortably in power in London, and I'd love to see him clash with other avatars from his world, or with an Elias or Martin that got dragged through into Somewhere Else and are now trying to grapple with this new reality.

Cult of the Spider [Jon]
Web cult! More specifically, Jon is an escapee from a cult compound near Bournemouth. In his travels to get to Scotland, he finds himself involved with Y/C in some way. All it'd take is a swift push to send him spiraling, but whether that's into madness or power is undecided.
Jon had been in that commune for the majority of his life. He'd been exposed to the Web's influence before he was ever introduced to his grandmother's faith, and after she passed he was swept into a sheltered and controlling environment. Most of what he knows is the cult. He has a lot of conflicting feelings about his faith, about fate and free will, about the supposed fates that he has visions of. Given what he's gone through and his desperate need for knowledge and understanding, he's essentially one near-death experience away from avatarhood.

I'd love most characters for this! Elias especially, given that the Web has essentially dropped a disciple into his lap, but I will gladly take anyone. Feel free to get really out there with the concepts, like Martin as a killer who picks Jon up while he's hitchhiking.

Archivist Sasha AU [Sasha, Jon(stortion), Tim, Daisy, others]
What's on the tin. I love Archivist Sasha. I could ramble all day about this AU, but I'll stick to the broad strokes of plot that I tend to keep to.
- Martin gets taken by the Not-Them, or falls to the Web early on.
- Jon becomes the Distortion during S3, becoming a face that Sasha is even more sympathetic towards. Jon does not take his inhumanity well.
- Tim survives the Unknowing but is on the brink of becoming a Desolation avatar.
- Daisy's time in the Buried makes her snap back into becoming a Buried avatar instead.
- Due to her affinity for tech, Sasha drifts into being more Extinction-aligned than Jon, and that shows in how she develops as an avatar and in the world post-Change.

I've got a special weak spot for this AU. Want to play Jon while he and Sasha discover Not-Martin or Not-Tim? Want to play Sasha or Tim meeting Distortion or Webbed Jon after the Change? Want to play Gerry surviving to point Sasha in the right direction for the Unknowing? Want to see the old archival assistants crossing paths with everyone while they're still in research and the library? Want to throw a random avatar Sasha's way to see what she'll do? Toss it at me, and I'll go for it.

Paranormal No Archives AU [Jon, Melanie, Sasha, Danny, Martin, Tim, Daisy, others]
A very self-indulgent AU that is really whatever we want it to be. What characters are is not set in stone, but here's some plot hooks I've got:
- Jon and Sasha are witches that run an apothecary / occult bookshop. Despite years of practice, Jon is incredibly oblivious to the supernatural and is liable to deny that someone is a creature right in front of him. Sasha, on the other hand, is a bit too keenly aware, but her focus has been gradually straying away from her work.
- Tim was taken by the Unseelie court when he was young, leaving a changeling, Danny, in his place. The Stokers chased down the Circus to get him back, but they decided to keep Danny and raised them as twins. They've both lived a good life, but now the Circus wants Danny to finally join their troupe in their Samhain performance.
- Melanie is a ghost hunter, both as a hobby and a profession. She delves into haunted locations in order to prove the existence of the paranormal and to put any poltergeists to rest. She's the go-to person if a place needs to get checked out, which means she often gets called on other various monsters. She's also a good resource for any ingredients made from the restless dead that someone might need.
- Martin is a vampire, originally born in the 1600s. He was cursed from birth to become one, and after he died to disease he came back as one. He's since fled his old hometown and has been living in England for centuries, with a variety of jobs. There's various other details I can talk about, but the biggest one is that he requires meat to survive, with fresh raw meat working best.
- Daisy is a shapeshifter that is essentially an apex predator, her body ever-shifting into the best adaptations for the current hunt. The problem is that her shifting is very uncontrolled, and she's never tried to reel herself in until Basira steps into her life.
This is by no means a complete list (notably, it's missing avatar Martin) and I'm open for anything! Feel free to message, I'm happy to discuss and work something out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back