• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Magnus Archives OC only fuckery

Araellion

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Howdy!
I'm Araellion, but most people call me Mike. I got into The Magnus Archives and now the lore and worldbuilding won't leave me alone so I thought it might be fun to take that and have some fun with it, almost sandbox style.

Most of the plots I have prepared will probably be pretty self indulgent and random since I'm really looking to take the world, put some OCs in it, and just fuck around. And maybe stumble upon a plot along the way XD

But first, some technicalities to make sure we fit as partners:

+I'm good with writing about all relationship types. Platonic, romantic, enemies-to-lovers, queerplatonic, you name it.

+I'm looking to write an lgbtqa+ centric story just because that's what I enjoy.

+18+ please.

+Communication. Both during the setup and after we have started the RP. Let's continue talking about new things to add and include.

+Length. I don't expect a lot, really. Different circumstances in the story require different post lengths after all. That said, I lose interest very quickly if I'm only given a few sentences all the time. I myself will write 100-1000+ words per post depending on what's going on in the story.

+Detailed. Now what I mean by that is that I love reading all the small things. Body language, thoughts, are they fiddling with anything, etc. What I don't mean is that you have to try and artificially cram in really redundant details, because that can become a tad tedious. Balance. I have already read Victor Hugo's two longest books and really don't want more stuff like that X'D

+I really enjoy adding more characters as we go along to flesh out the world and give us more to work with.

+I am good with any mix of fluff and angst. If you don't want angst at all I'm good with that. If you want pure angst...why? And also, hell yes XD

+Feel free to ask for a writing sample if you want, I have a few I can send over ^^

And now, to the ideas!

First let me start out by saying that nothing is solid or set in stone and I would very much love to hear any and all ideas you have! I do want to kinda stick to the established lore of the show, but also expand on it and twist it if necessary to have some more fun with it.

Also at the bottom will be a list of general tropes I enjoy that I haven't managed to wrangle into a plot/setting idea.

Righty, now for some ideas! More will be added as I come up with them.

So I saw this wonderful video and it really made me want to do some school settings.

First idea is to have some sort of boarding school for young* avatars and have our characters either be people who have just got their powers and are still figuring shit out, or we can be the staff and have some teacher characters and run an office romcom of sorts. Either way it's gonna be pretty slice of life-y with varying degrees of drama and action depending on what we plot.

*Ages between older teens and any age adults.

My other idea was to have a perfectly normal uni where all the professors are avatars, just by coincidence because birds of a feather flock together and all that. As if interdepartmental feuds couldn't get worse. Again, office drama will probably be some of the focus until we get a plot going.

An avatar, possibly very powerful and not quite human looking 100% of the time, takes an interest in a (seemingly?) average human.

Many ways this could go depending on the first meeting and how manipulative and insidious the monster is. Maybe the human was intended as a meal and the avatar changed its mind, or maybe the human caught its interest from the get go.

A group of people start to notice odd things happening (or they stumble across a leitner) and decide to investigate. Their discovery drags them into a world of fear and monsters.

Pretty open ended, the idea here is to take some normal people and see what happens when they discover the fears. How will they change, etc, etc.

Two avatars of opposite fears (think buried and the vast) decide to give dating a go despite their better judgment. Can be a comedy, can be angst, can be both and more!

A story set in one of the Magnus Institute's sister archives. The degree of separation from canon will depend on what we come up with, as well as whether the story will lean more angsty or comedic.

Fake dating
Fake enemies turned real enemies, lovers to enemies
Soulmates
Daemons
Roommates
Enemies-to-friends-to-lovers
Corruption (as in going from good to bad, not the entity lol)
Hanahaki disease
Unrequited love
Queerplatonic relationships
Poly relationships

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back