• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
ec4bmkxuf1f51.jpg
In the world of Grimkar glowing crystals of varying colours are found in nature and inside monsters.
These crystals are solidified mana, known as runes it is how humans and the other races of the lands use magic...
It's well and good, fine and dandy to use a rune no one will deny the time and effort needed to become a Rune master.
Though using a Rune to unleash a magic spell is wasteful in comparison to forging a Magic weapon.

Magical Weaponry
Artefacts, runehammers, spellswords, enchanted arms, many things with different names but all can be recognized as magic weapons. Just as there is a difference in skill between the average rune tosser and a respected Runemaster, magic weapons can vary tremendously in shape form and magical power.
A red rune of fire being used as the pommel on a iron short sword is not the same as mixing the rune dust into steel during the forging process.

Many across Grimkar have created magic weapons, some better then others.
This RP is about members of a Hunting guild who have created or shall create a magic weapon.
Their story of survival and how they became known as legends from the creations they forged and the battles they won.
Your character should you choose to make one for this RP, would start out as a Hunter/rune-tosser whose new to the Fieful Hunters guild.
Your guild master recently assigned the newest recruits a task, a task in which you succeeded! The reward for this task is the neccesary instructions to create a proper magic weapon out of the shit you recently found or killed.

Post requirements is two paragraphs or more once a week, if you wanna play this RP post a idea of what you want your character to create in terms of magic weapons or ask questions below.

super into it! kinda got a minor idea of a magic gun. its main form is a sniper rifle but it breaks apart in small guns or can magically multiply as needed <3

I'm interested in joining. The first thing that came to mind was a katana that could turn it's user and itself invisible an increase their movement speed.

Quick question, what are the rules for this rp?

super into it! kinda got a minor idea of a magic gun. its main form is a sniper rifle but it breaks apart in small guns or can magically multiply as needed <3
Probably won't go crazy on guns in that way but firearms can be made

I'm interested in joining. The first thing that came to mind was a katana that could turn it's user and itself invisible an increase their movement speed.

Quick question, what are the rules for this rp?
That idea works, forgive me though I'm not sure by what you mean by rules...

Like, what's allowed in game? Or post order?

Probably won't go crazy on guns in that way but firearms can be made

That idea works, forgive me though I'm not sure by what you mean by rules...

Like, what's allowed in game? Or post order?
Like, what type of weapons we can use or, PTK.

If it's just the basic rules like, don't make yourself overpowered or don't be toxic, then forget about my question. 😅

Ah ok aha you can use anything that fits a medieval fantasy,
no one is gonna have or make machine guns or nukes etc
I'd prefer people not be toxic and blatantly OP as characters will eventually get better and make better shit to use
as said in the check these characters "became known as legends"

I'd be controlling most npcs and enemies and will give choices in game which can steer the narrative somewhat.

Making a magic weapon can be simplified to
A weapon with a Rune to make a magic weapon capable of the magic stored in the rune.
Katana with clear/glass rune would make that invisibility blade you thought of.
A red rune used in making a rifle could make a gun that doesn't use gunpowder etc

Runes are magic crystals of varying colours used for spells.
A verbal instruction and proper rune equals a magic spell, most common is a red rune being thrown whilst shouting "fireball!!" But shit can go further and complex in that regard.

Ah ok aha you can use anything that fits a medieval fantasy,
no one is gonna have or make machine guns or nukes etc
I'd prefer people not be toxic and blatantly OP as characters will eventually get better and make better shit to use
as said in the check these characters "became known as legends"

I'd be controlling most npcs and enemies and will give choices in game which can steer the narrative somewhat.

Making a magic weapon can be simplified to
A weapon with a Rune to make a magic weapon capable of the magic stored in the rune.
Katana with clear/glass rune would make that invisibility blade you thought of.
A red rune used in making a rifle could make a gun that doesn't use gunpowder etc

Runes are magic crystals of varying colours used for spells.
A verbal instruction and proper rune equals a magic spell, most common is a red rune being thrown whilst shouting "fireball!!" But shit can go further and complex in that regard.
Alright, thanks. Personally for me, I make my character stronger through character development. Y'know, like intense training or a challenging battle. I know that some people just randomly make their character gain a ton of power in like, 5 minutes.

I like the idea about the clear glass rune. I'm just gonna use that, if it's okay with you.

Also, quick question about runes, do different colors represent different abilities?

Yea, different colours = different mana

There's lots of colours and shades of said colours so a little overlap can happen.
Purple being poison and a few rarer types of magic
Orange is healing mana but can be more deadly in knowledgeable hands etc etc

Yea, different colours = different mana

There's lots of colours and shades of said colours so a little overlap can happen.
Purple being poison and a few rarer types of magic
Orange is healing mana but can be more deadly in knowledgeable hands etc etc
Okay, thanks. That should be all for me. Lmk when the rp starts.

When three or four people seem keen I'll tag everyone for the cs page

I can start this if we have enough players to justify me writing the pages up but I've had better ideas/checks than this one

If so I thought I'd drop some character dialog in here

"What do we call a weapon?"

"A simple answer would a be a tool of war or something to defend oneself from the outside world. In reality what actually is a weapon?"

"Is it the two explanations, cut and dried? Or is it more than that? To wield a weapon is a way of life, same to those who wish to avoid it."

"Is the tool the weapon? No I think not it is you that is the weapon. In order to be worthy of a tool that we call a weapon... We must be a weapon ourselves."

- something a character I would make for something like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back