• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Magic vs. Science RP

Steel Accord

One Thousand Club
Magic vs. Science

There's a prevalent motif I'd love to explore in a number of settings. The idea of competing ideologies as expressed through the characters. Specifically, positioning a setting's form of magic, mysticism, and/or spirituality against the setting's same form of scientific theory, technological application, and rationalism. Now, the idea isn't to propose that one idea is right and the other is wrong. Although one or both of our character's might think that. The idea is merely to have the two explored through confronting their opposites and reaching a synthesis. Either that it takes both or an agreement to live and let live. If it's all the same, I'd prefer to play the magic side of these things.

The setting's and characters I could think for this would be . . .

Star Wars: Jedi vs. scientist, smuggler, solider, droid, potentially anyone not a Jedi really. Alternatively Darth Vader, Inquisitor, Ancient Sith vs. Cylo Directive, ally Imperial.

Pokemon: A mystic trainer trying to understand the more esoteric aspects of the Pokemon world vs. A more scientifically minded trainer trying to understand the more esoteric aspects of the Pokemon world. (Again, neither side is supposed to be wrong.) Each one with a team to match. Fairy and ghost for one electric, ground, etc. for the other. With psychic types overlapping.

Transformers: Mystical beastformer vs. scientist class Autobot.

Shadowrun: Mage, Adept vs. Hacker, Rigger, Street Samurai

Warhammer 40K: Grey Knight, Word Bearer, Chaos Cultist, Eldar vs. Tau, Inquisitor, Imperial Guard, Mechanicus(? Kind of?)

Game of Thrones: Septon, Anointed Knight, Red Priestess vs. Maester, atheist Lord or knight/northern warrior

Avatar: Particularly spiritual bender vs. ex-Equalist, Mech pilot, Warlord, Mayor

Saga: Wreath Knight vs. Landfall soldier

Street Fighter: Ryu, Dhalsim, Rose, Kolin, M. Bison, Akuma vs. C. Viper, Cody, Cammy, Necro, Q

Overwatch: Zenyatta, Hanzo, Genji, Reaper, Junkrat (yes really) vs. Moira, Torbjorn, Sombra, Winston

Or even an original setting where two opposites are thrust into each others way to achieving the same goal and must either cooperate or beat the other. A Shaolin Monk or Samurai vs. a Cowboy or English Great White Hunter.

Maybe a superhero story where one of them is like Dr. Strange, Dr. Fate, Thor, or Captain Marvel (Shazam) and the other is like Iron Man, Batman, the Flash, or Spider-Man.

Steampunk explorer vs. old age mystic. The possibilities are endless.

As for technicals, don't sweat post length. Make a post long if you think the information needs to be conveyed but not if it doesn't. Thread based. Post here or PM me for interest and specifics.

Ehhh not sure I’d want to RP as God. Don’t feel like I can do him justice. I’d be more up for RPing a Philosopher in disagreement with another but that kind of drifts from what the prompt was for.
I kinda got inspuration from doctor cimmarien on youtube where he wrote a story of it, its not so much a fight more of a "you arent god, oh yes i am" debate

I kinda got inspuration from doctor cimmarien on youtube where he wrote a story of it, its not so much a fight more of a "you arent god, oh yes i am" debate

Oh wait, you mean the SCP bearded old man “God?” Uhhh. I guess I wouldn’t be against playing him even if I’m not exactly foaming at the mouth.

To be honest, I’d love to do a separate SCP Foundation RP involving the different factions like the UIU or the Serpent’s Hand.

Oh wait, you mean the SCP bearded old man “God?” Uhhh. I guess I wouldn’t be against playing him even if I’m not exactly foaming at the mouth.

To be honest, I’d love to do a separate SCP Foundation RP involving the different factions like the UIU or the Serpent’s Hand.
Ooo for sure, pm me and we can talk their

Avatar, Star wars, Game of Thrones are what i know best but I'm okay with anything as long as I'm the spiritual one!

I mean are you sure? I don’t want to just assert my will if that’s what you wanted to play.
haha its all good we could flip for it if you want lol (I'd trust you to flip) but im fine with it either way
i know i wanted to do spiritual but im adaptable

haha its all good we could flip for it if you want lol (I'd trust you to flip) but im fine with it either way
i know i wanted to do spiritual but im adaptable

Well if I did play the techno part, it’d be in a villainous role rather than a cooperative one.

It is! Sorry ive been busy!

So here’s two ideas.

An Avatar RP where I’m a bender and you’re an Equalist or something armed with like an exoskeleton or something meant to enhance martial arts aptitude to rival what a bender is capable of. (Or just a mech suit or whatever you want.) Rivals to friends sort of thing.

Or a Star Wars RP where I play an Imperial officer tracking your Jedi character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back