Other Magic the gathering. Discussion

Moonie

S.T.A.R.S
Hello all!

So I recently decided to pick Magic the gathering back up. And I just wanna talk about it and maybe take some tips from people.

So here you can discuss anything to do with mtg. Deck ideas, favourite colours and why and anything else

So my favourite deck colours are blue and white. I like them because you can build up a good offensive whilst somewhat controlling the flow of the game. I'm kinda sneaky when it comes to instants and sorceries so blue/white is good. My commander I use for my b/w deck is Noyan dar because he has the landfall ability which helps since I cast a lot of instants and sorceries during a game.

So that's me. Anyone else?

I play a bit of magic myself, though it has been a while since I got back into it. As for my favorite colors, it's Black, White, and Green, standard Abzan colors, simply for the fact that it's a good survival build. My deck runs enchantments, and enchantment creatures that proc their constellation abilities whenever an enchantment or enchantment creature enters the field.

I have four legendary creatures to act as my commander, Teneb, Obzedat, Karador, and Dragonlord Dromoka, but my main commander is Karador...mainly because I would want to get my creatures back out into the field.

I play blue, because I like to annoy people who think they're about to make a winning play.  I also like black and red.  I least prefer green.  White is okay, I guess. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So is mine, especially since most of my enchantments usually involves deathtouch and lifelink...plus some of my creatures burn life without me having to attack, lol

xD

Deathtouch is fun. I'm waiting on some money to get an eldritch moon fatpack. Apparently is pretty good

I've been getting Journey into Nix packs (Nix creatures have constellation abilities), though I'm planning on getting one myself. Already got the 2015 core fatpack, the khans of tarkir fatpack (Abzan ftw), and recently, the Kaladesh fatpack

Eh, Kaladesh is mostly for players that run artifacts, I run enchantments, but I do get a few good pulls to trade for something that peaks my interests

I love MTG. I still play today, though by myself  because all my friends that played dropped it. One of my main decks is red white and black (agressiva former boros deck now made a little more into a token generator) and the other is blue white and black (a deck idea about bouncing creatures, long before MTG itself was making decks about it). I don't usually play in any formats , as I really just a casual player. I have, however, experimented with the commander format at home and have participated in a few...what were they called again? The thing when you go a week before the cards launch officially... ah, pre-releases . I also went to some MTG Friday's. 

I am not very competitive and would classify myself as a "Johny" in the Jonny/Spike and...the other name I don't remember. Basically I make my decks around finding creative new strategys and whacko combos , rather than playing to win. 

I have tried starting an MTG RP a few times, but it died before it started every time. 

My my favorite colors are blue and black. 

I like to use forest decks personally since I find them fun to play with.My style is plenty of spells and man's rather than creatures. I've recently started and would be thankful for any advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back