Magi: Magic Arising

Hmm, I dunno. Can I use stronger forms of fire in the sense of the color changing to signal that it's stronger? Like if the fire was white then it'd be as dangerous as the sun's surface or something.

Also, I couldn't think of the term RPN uses for them. The DMs and such. The almighty cosmic powers that are RP creators.

Yeah. Was having a brain fart.

[QUOTE="Prizzy Kriyze]What's stopping regular electrons from moving about and having humans function completely normally, then?

[/QUOTE]
An inanimate piece of cloth is hardly the same as a living breathing person. If we're going to assume it is, and pin complete scientific realism to this RP then Time becomes the most useless pendant in the whole thing.

Now that I know what TC means, I can officially thank you for the compliment! This is the first rp I've ever run so I'm really pleased with how it is going. I've written stories before so world building isn't entirely new to me, but this is the first time I've set other people loose in my world and I am enjoying it because they test the limits of the world ensuring that I fully understand it.

[QUOTE="Archangel Galdrael]An inanimate piece of cloth is hardly the same as a living breathing person. If we're going to assume it is, and pin complete scientific realism to this RP then Time becomes the most useless pendant in the whole thing.

[/QUOTE]
Time won't become useless. I view it as the most powerful available pendant so don't worry about that.

Oh, don't worry about it. We don't need to cover those rules at all. I'm just speaking in hypothetical questions here. It's pseudoscience, and let's keep it pseudoscience. I have a few friends who demand some sort of scientific accuracy in everything, and it's the absolutely worst thing about them. Pseudoscience is fine, and we'll keep it at that.

Here, here! There's nothing quite like testing your world by letting a bunch of strangers run amok in it. Most of the other Authors I've had are just like another player, which isn't a bad thing, but you manage more than just the IC stuff and have done a wonderful job thus far. Not to mention the basis for the RP is quite good as well. So, yes, props to you, Hales. Keep up the good work. :)

Archangel Galdrael]Need [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/13759-aurelia/ said:
@Aurelia[/URL] to advance fight... x.x
No. You are waiting on me to advance the fight. I am working on it and something will be up before I go to bed.

Hales said:
No. You are waiting on me to advance the fight. I am working on it and something will be up before I go to bed.
Really? I must have missed Aurelia's post... Unless you mean you're advancing the fight regardless?

Sukana Kyrune

The Warehouse, vs. Lucas

In his frenzy, the larger brute carved the air with his great axe, but so too did he carve openings – literal spaces where she could step in and strike, temporal windows when she could take a half-second to maneuver. Sukana watched these openings wax and wane as he swung his weapon with indiscriminate bloodlust.

Dodging each swing was like sidestepping a guillotine. Sweat was starting to form on her brow, less from exertion and more from the realization that a single slice could be fatal. That was when an arrow broke the tempo of their combat. She scanned the warehouse and spotted a man who seemed a shadow, judging by his silent approach, black attire, and dark demeanor. It would take too long to find out whose side he was on. Preparing to dive out of the way from his next arrow, she was instead knocked completely flat by the charging brute.

Her spear landed a moment later, clattering to the ground. Blood pounded in her ears. In her winded state, Sukana recognized her parrot arcing gracefully through the air down to where she was lying. She strained to move. Her aching side protested as she sat up and clenched the spear beside her.

Then, without warning: lightning without thunder. Everything turned white. After the brilliant light dissipated, she found herself blinking away ghostly white afterimages. If her fall had disoriented her, then the blinding flash had utterly dazed her. There was a green parrot on her knee, her necklace burned incandescently and that was all she knew. She couldn't recognize anyone in the warehouse with her, why some of them had glowing pendants, or how they got there. Even her own hands looked foreign to her.

@@Hales @@Ashen Wraith @@Archdemon @@Lioness075 @@Archangel Galdrael

This was her most recent post...

I completely missed it... Even when reading through... I must've skipped a page...

How unfortunate you removed my first post. Perhaps I can still move on as if it was posted, seeing as your character reacted to it on the second page?

Also, question: Would pendant bearers be able to "sense" other pendant bearers?

First question: yes. Second question: no - maybe eventually but not yet. Most people's pendants are visible so you would be able to see the glowing though.

No. You can make your own description at this point as long as it is circular and mostly silver metal. I don't have time to add that to my list of things to get done by the end of the night.

Ok guys! I know I said I would have a post for Lucas and Mavis up tonight, but I got really distracted by schoolwork and studying for an exam so I won't have it up tonight. I will have it posted tomorrow night for sure if not earlier tomorrow during the day. I am really really sorry.

Hales said:
Posted! I'll leave it to you guys to interpret the meaning of the dice roll...
I'm gonna make a dice role to see whether or not Ren's rapier is knocked out of his hands.

[dice]6085[/dice]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back