• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Mafia Marriage (Private with Hell0NHighWater)

(That line just spoke to me! :D )

Marcy hummed and thrust a babydoll on a hanger at his chest. "Hold this." She moved along, looking at a few other things.

Each passing moment that he didn't apologize made her angrier. And when Marcy Lyon got angry, people knew to appease her. She bit the inside of her cheek to keep from lashing out at the employees who were either trying to help her or making eyes at Gio. She was possessive, even when mad. She pulled a pair of sweat-pants from the rack, handing them to Gio as well before moving on to perfumes. She looked over her shoulder to make sure he was following her.

"I'm not your personal hand basket."

He growled, following briskly after her. He too was starting to get pissed off with her ignoring him. Giovanni D'Amico was known to have a bit of a temper as well, bit he also wasn't one to back down. As he took her sweatpants his irritation with her flared, ignoring the merchandise in his arms Gio grabbed her arm and pulled her around a rack of bras. His cobalt eyes blazing down at her, face contorted into a cold anger.

"Your mad at me for reacting aren't you? What do you expect me to do when I see another man all over you!? Not react!? Am I not supposed to care!?!? Dannazione (God damn it) Marcy! You make me-you make me jealous and crazy and absolutely fucking irrational!" He hissed, struggling with keeping his voice down in the store. His chest was heaving with a mixture or anger and irritation.

(Lol xD )

She hissed when he roughly pulled her. "Of course that's why I'm mad! The least you could've done is asked me who that was. My brother sent him. He's from home! From a place where I was roughly pulled and expected to not care. To conform. I've conformed all my life and done exactly as everyone has told me. 'Be good Marcy.' 'Get married Marcy.' Leave your family Marcy!' So god forbid I see family and give them a hug. And if you cared so damn much, why is it that I had to bring up a ring? Damnit Gio..." She had started tearing up at this point and yanked her arm out of his grip. She swiped her eyes and took a minute to compose herself. "Nadie se ha preocupado siempre lo que quiero. ¿Por qué esperaba que seas cualquier diversa?" She laughed mirthlessly. (No one has ever cared what I want. Why did I expect you to be any different?)

She moved away from him and moved to the exit, she wanted to go to bath and body works. It always calmed her.

His anger seemed to fade as quickly as it had come. Her tears had halted his emotions in their tracks. Tears were not what he was expecting at all. He suddenly felt bad, his shoulders slumping as she left him standing there in Victoria Secret. Gio didn't go after her, his gaze focused on his shoes. He felt like an asshole, well at least more than usual. Mindlessly walking around from where they stood, he stooped down to grab the clothes she had been handing him in random sucession. Smoothly, he walked to the counter and placed them in front of the cashier. Marcy had walked out of the store and to god knows where. His fingers clenched the counter, barely hearing the total as he swiped his debt card. Gio had never once thought about how much she was giving up on this whole arrangement. Breathing deeply, he took the bags and walked out of the store his jaw clenching as he attempted to process where she might be. As the biggest dusche in a 500 mile radius, Gio wanted to apologize to her. At least for this entire marriage if not for the way he acted. He hadn't thought. Then again he had a tendency to jump the gun on most everything anyway. He practically sped out of the store, frustrated with himself more than anything.

Marcy smiled at the cashier as she paid for her bubble baths. She exited the store, barely looking where she was going. She walked past Victoria's and headed to the food court, feeling hungry. She decided to get something incredibly greasy. At least the food wouldn't yell at her. She smiled slightly when she imagined that. She hefted the bag she was holding and looked up, sniffing slightly. She spotted a couple holding hands ahead of her and scowled. She had promised herself to make it work but...it was hard. Harder than she thought. She missed her family. Her best friend. She stopped walking and took a deep-breath, steeling herself. She spotted a bench and sat down, closing her eyes sightly.

Gio was starting to get worried. He had taken the bags back to the car after he left Victoria Secret and felt like a madman running around the mall looking for Marcy. He ran his fingers through his hair, quietly cursing himself for being such an idiot. Someone could have seen her with him, could have taken her to hurt the family, or worse someone could have taken her just to spite him. Giovanni had a lot of enemies. Almost as many as he had friends, but standing in front of the food court now he couldn't imagine anything worse than loosing her. Especially because of something he did. Gio breathed out, turning in a slow circle his eye frantically looking around. Red hair stood out to him, his steps growing wider as he practically ran to the bench. Her back was to him and for a second he thought against letting her know he was there. Maybe she would be happier without him. Jesus, this girl was messing with his head.

"Marcy...."

He whispered sounding more than a bit distraught. His hair was sticking in wild places from where he had run his hands through his hair over and over again.

"I..." He paused and swallowed, looking defeated. "Am...sorry. for everything, this arrangement. Your family....everything."

Marcy heard someone calling her name just behind her. She sighed and turned. Her forest-green eyes popped wide open when she saw who it was. She stood up and walked to him. "Gio...what's wrong? Why do you look so...upset?" She asked quietly. She cupped his face, her small fingers fitting perfectly against his angles. She pulled him closer, hugging him. "It's okay. It's not your fault. I'll grin and bear it, like always." She kissed his cheek and pulled away to smile tiredly at him. "Food?"

She was upset but...she had always had to grin and bear it. Being the eldest child of a mobster was no easy task. She felt horrible though, that Gio looked so distraught over her. She was fine, if a little distant.

"No. It's not okay, there is no reason for you to 'grin and bare it' anymore Marcy." He grumbled, shoulders sagging as she hugged him. Giovanni wrapped his arms around her in return, allowing himself to take a couple deep breaths. This couldn't be easy for her either, no matter how she seemed not to let the situation bother her.

He ignored her comment about food, pulling away so that he could steel his gaze on her. "I'm sorry." The words flew past his lips and he winced a bit. He wasn't one for apologizing, usually he never had to. He puffed out a breath of air dragging his gaze away. He was at a loss for words, unable to correctly express what he wanted to and it irked him greatly. He sent a couple of glares towards a few people who had paused to watch them.

Marcy frowned and put her hands on his cheeks, pulling him down so their foreheads touched. "Apology accepted. Now can you promise something for me? Promise that you'll at least talk to me if something is bothering you. Promise me that you'll try to make the best of this situation." She whispered, her green eyes piercing his cobalt ones, holding him in place. Her thumbs kept sweeping over his cheeks as she held his face n her hands, watching him, waiting for him to promise. She ignored the people around them, they didn't matter right now. She knew that he may not return her feelings be he could at least be her friend. Besides, they did have to produce an heir at some point.

Gio's mind stumbled for a response, not knowing if he should actually promise what she was asking of him. There were some things that he shouldn't and probably wouldn't tell her, for her own safety. But he could at least promise to try, there was no harm with trying. "I promise." He voiced huskily, his arms slipping around her waste and allowing the embrace to continue for a moment before he pulled away. "Now, do you want to get something to eat? I'm sure you have more shopping to do." He stated with a carefree smile.

The girl nodded, letting him hug her like he needed to.

Marcy smiled but didn't move. She stretched up on her tip toes and kissed his cheek. "Yes please, but you have to tell me why you were so desperate to find me." She smiled softly, taking his hand and leading him to an empty table. She sat and looked at him, waiting for a response. She knew that he would have enemies but she doubted they would try to harm her in the middle of a busy and crowded mall.

"I'm not going to lie to you Marcy, it's going to be dangerous being my wife. Perhaps more so than before you came here..."

He trailed off not wanting to really add on to what he was describing. He cared and if it wasn't blatantly obvious before it was now. Gio steered her towards a taco bell as he thought about what could have happened if he found out someone took her. It wasn't a pretty thought. (Sorry for the quality, I'm a little rushed and I just wanted to get something up)

Marcy smiled. "I knew that. But you forget I fought some of the dirtiest people in the underbelly of this city. I can handle myself." She let Gio steer her towards food as her stomach grumbled again. She looked at the menu and made a face. "I guess I'll have 2 chalupas ad a side of fiesta potatoes, please." She told the cashier. She turned to Gio. As he thought, she moved so she was tucked under his arm, smiling at the expression on the cashier's face.

(I understand.)

Giovanni contimplated her response while he browsed the menu, ignoring the warmth he felt as she seemed to snuggle into his side more. "I'll have a Volcano Nacho with a diet coke." He added to the order, oblivious to the ogling he was getting from the cashier and the tiny glares she was sending Marcy. He fished out his wallet, handing her the cash for the food before steering Marcy off to the side so that they could wait for their order. "I understand that you're no Damsel in Distress Marcy, but that doesn't mean I don't worry." He muttered, glancing down at her before looking away to the people who passed by now concerned with their own business.

"Aww, you worry about me?" Marcy teased, grinning up at him. She bit her lip and turned so her back was facing him. She leaned against him and sighed. "I'm sure, novio, but I'd like to see someone kidnap me. They wouldn't walk straight after I was done." She muttered darkly. She spotted a free table and pointed it out. "I'm gonna go sit." She left, swaying her hips as she went.

As she sat, a man came up to her. "A girl like you shouldn't be alone." She frowned, leaning away. "I'm not alone." The man kept trying to chat her up and Marcy did her best to ignore him."Gio." She finally snapped.

Those swaying hips where going to be the death of him. He let out a low whistle as she sauntered towards a table. Gio averted his gaze to grab the food, raising an eyebrow at the cashier who had not so stealthy adjusted her top when she saw him coming. Shrugging it off, he grabbed the tray before waltzing to where Marcy sat. His eyes narrowed a bit at the sleaze talking with her and the way she said his name made him a bit happy that she wasn'tenjoying the attention.

"Marcy."

He mused cheekily in response setting the tray down before squaring his shoulders. His blue orbs met the russet ones of the slightly shorter man looming at their table. "May I help you?" He questioned cheerfully, putting on a smile even though he was glaring daggers at the guy.

Marcy turned to him. "I kindly asked him to leave me alone."

The man stood tall and looked at Gio. "Yeah, I was aking the lady here if she'd leave you to date a much cooler guy." He grinned. Marcy huffed and crossed her arms. She stood up and took Gio's arm. "This is my husband. So, back off, or I'll let him have his fun." She said. She sat again and pulled the food towards her.

Gio's eye twitched in irritation, glaring at the man before him. He looked to Marcy, shrugging off the way she so casually informed the man that he was her husband. He let her take his arm, shrugging a bit at the guy before taking a seat across from her. When the man didn't move Giovanni finally let out a small sigh to irriatation, his features loosing their cheerful expression. "Well, I guess I have you beat buddy. Why don't you just run off and find a girl more on your lower level, si?" Giovanni smiled sharply, reaching for his drink and taking a sip of it dismissively.

The man huffed and looked at Marcy again before stomping off.

"Asshole." Marcy muttered. She glowered at her food before she began eating. She shifted in her seat when her phone vibrated against the table. She swiped it open and snorted before locking it again.

"So...are we going to talk about the ring, novio?"

Gio rolled his shoulders to get the bit of irritation left in his system. His gaze flickered to Marcy as her phone went off and she began speaking to him again. "It was my Grandmother's. She gave it to me so that I may give it to the girl I would marry. The only condition was that I had to give it to a woman I loved.." He muttered, poking at his food a bit before eating a bite. He showed her the ring on his right hand, the one that bore his families crest. "This was my grandfather's, the family crest and a mark of nobility in Sicily." He replied cheekily before leaning back, "Anyway the rings are a pair so don't blame me for being a bit hesitant to give it to you." He remarked coolly, making sure that she knew he meant no harm to her about the explination.

Marcy paused. "I understand. So Now I have two questions for you. Can you give me a different ring in the meantime, as you'll have to because the wedding is in 3 days, and can you grow to love me?" She kept her green eyes locked on the table as her cheeks flared. She shivered and peeked up at him from beneath her lashes before turning back to look at the table. "Just...yeah. I'm in the same position so..." she mumbled as an after-thought, tucking tendrils of her hair that had escaped her bun behind her ear. Her phone buzzed again but she ignored it this time.

Giovanni stayed quiet for a long moment, just watching her. He noticed her phone go off again but he ignored it as she seemed to be doing. "As soon as you're finished we can walk up to the jewelry store and I'll buy you whatever ring you want." He mumbled, not really answering her second question. He was sure that he could grow to love her, if he wasn't already starting to fall for her but he didn't feel comfortable with answering that specific question. He shifted a bit in his seat as he finished his food mutely.

She looked at him, pushing her food away. "Gio. Answer the second question or I'm not leaving." She said, voice stern but eyes soft. She finally picked up her phone, swiping it open and responding. She sighed when it buzzed and held up a finger to Gio. She answered. "Hi mom. What, not yet. Yes I'm fine. Sure. Hey daddy. I miss you too. Mhhmm. She mentioned it. Ok. I love you too. I'll try. Give my love to Leo and Mimi. Bye."

She sighed and wiped her eyes before turning back to Gio. "Answer me."

His nostrils flared in irriatation, giving Marcy a hard look as she picked up the phone. He collected the garbage as she talked, throwing it away before coming back to the table. Giovanni leaned down towards her, purposely brushing his lips against her temple. "If you need me to answer that, then you're more helpless than I thought." He whispered cheekily before straightening.

The red-head's cheeks flared and she pouted prettily. "Whatever. Lets go. I need to go to DSW, Forever 21 and a few others." She said, standing up. She straightened her top and picked up the bag of things she had gotten from the body shop. She began walking out of the food court, unaware of all the males watching her hips.

If Gio wouldn't answer her, she'd make him show her. She smiled to herself as she thought about it. "Gio...are you still going to the race tonight?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back