• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Mafia Marriage (Private with Hell0NHighWater)

He could understand her pain, the soul wrenching emptiness that consumed her. No parent should have to bare the loss of a child, they shouldn't have had to go through that. It was a miracle she didn't leave him at this point. But he loved her, despite how it had all started, and it was harder for him to see her in so much pain than to accept the passing of his son who hadn't even had the chance to live. Gio stood in the doorway, mutely watching with an expression that didn't give away how much pain he was in. He focused on the way she was wringing that blanket and let out a small breath. 

"Mar." He began, moving towards where she sat and he knelt down beside her. Gio pulled her hands away from the blanket and into his own staring up at her face. "I know it hurts, I'm not asking you to forget but you need to start living." He reached up to press his hand against her cheek, his voice cracking with the agony of watching the woman he cared for more than life itself wither away in depression. "Il mio amore, look at me. There is so much of life to live that sitting here and dwelling on the 'what could have been' is only causing you more grief." He stared into her eyes, hoping that she would understand that this did not just affect her. It killed him. Killed him. To watch her do this to herself. If she needed someone to talk to he could have the best therapists brought over, but he wouldn't force her. If she wanted help she knew to ask. Giovanni just desperately wanted her back. He knew things would never be the same, that it would be difficult for a long time but the world never made things easy.

She looked down at him, her own green eyes dull. They filled with tears again and she sank to her knees next to him, her arms coming up and hugging him as she cried. "I'll be better...but I can't do it alone. I need to...to talk about it Gio. Sono così triste che ci si sente come sto affogando ..." She looked up at him. "I feel like I can't breathe and i just need help and I want you to hold me. Tell me it'll be ok and that we can move on..." She whispered. She remembered the blanket and pulled it between them, carefully folding it and holding it to her chest. "We won't forget...but we will move on." She looked at him, feeling safe again in his arms as she sagged against him, eyes closing as exhaustion took over.

He held her against him in one fluid movement, taking a deep breath as she spoke. He nodded, knowing that he could make some calls in the morning. He wouldn't let her go through this alone. Gio kissed her cheek then her temple knowing that both of them needed this contact. He felt the tears well up in his own eyes, "We will move on...it'll take time, but we will." He mumbled, he couldn't tell her that it would be okay because it wasn't. He wasn't going to lie to her so he chose to say nothing about it but he kept her in his embrace until he felt her breathing even out. Picking her up carefully, he laid her in bed before taking the blanket from her grasp. He set it on the nightstand, pulling the covers over her sleeping form before leaving the room. Even in this state he needed to work and a shot or two of Jack certainly wouldn't hurt.

When Marcy next woke, it was to an empty bed. She sat up and stretched, body sore and eyes puffy. She slipped out of the bed and stumbled to the dresser. Picking out sweatpants and a block t-shirt, she changed into the fresh clothes. The red head then took the blanket from the nightstand and wrapped it around her shoulders before leaving the room to find her husband. Seeing a glow of light from under the door of his study, She quietly pushed the door open to see him asleep on his desk, papers spread out around him and a half-drunk tumbler of Jack near his hand. 

She smiled softly before walking over to him and leaning him back in his chair. She carefully climbed into his lap, curling up against him and playing with his shirt as she wated for him to wake up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back