• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Mafia Marriage (Private with Hell0NHighWater)

His eyes narrowed, blue orbs studying the grooves of his desk. Part of him still wanted to rebel against this whole arrangement, to reassure his father and the other bosses that he could fix this. A muscle in his jaw twitched, a feeling of cold anger settling over him briefly as the door behind him finally opened. Standing to his full height now, he adjusted the suit jacket he was wearing swiftly. One of the guards posted outside walked in through the thick wooden doors.

"Sono arrivati, Giovanni."

Gio nodded slightly in acknowledgement, his lightning blue orbs watching the man leave just as quickly as he had entered. Rolling his shoulders back, he strolled out of the room and down a large flight of stairs. His father, a burly man in his late fifties stood at the base coupled with a few other figures.

Marcy stood next to her father and father-in-law as they waited for her soon-to-be husband.

"Princessa, look at me." Her father whispered, tilting her head up. "Princessa, I hate to leave now but I must. I have it on good word that they will take care of you. Give Papa a hug."

Marcy choked back a sob and bit her lip before throwing herself into her father's arms. "I'll miss you Papa." She whispered back.

Her father than turned to leave, leaving a slightly sniffling daughter behind. Marcy stood quietly now, head down and occasionally reaching up to wipe her eyes.

She was dressed in a gorgeous white sundress that hugged her ample curves and her curly red hair was pinned back. slightly behind her were two suitcases that held everything she owned.

Gio's father smiled a bit tightly at Marcy, trying his best to seem welcoming though the bad blood between the two families had kept her arrival a secret. The last thing the man needed was to cause an uproar. The only people who knew of course where his wife, son, and Lorenzo. Mr. D'Amico let out a small breath, waving over for a couple of guards to grab her suit cases. "I will have some men take your things to your new room, I'm sure Giovanni will be more than happy to show you around." His voice was gruffly accented, but he was making the attempt to seem welcoming even though he was known for his ruthlessness. A fact that Marcy was most likely aware of. Footsteps rounded the corner a clacking of heels ringing across the marble flooring. A woman appeared from a separate room, she was short and rather curvy herself with grey threads of hair pulled up into a messy bun. Laugh lines creased her features and she seemed to carry a calming feeling about her.

"Benvenuto a casa nostra, Welcome to our home!" She mused as she reached the two standing by the front door. Bypassing her husband, she took the girl's hands with a broad smile. "My name is Maria, it is wonderful to finally meet you Marceline. I have heard so many good things."

The voice of his mother reached Giovanni's ears as he descended down the endless flights of steps, his attention suddenly pulled to the woman with red hair. For a split moment, his mind couldn't register who she was. She wasn't at all what he had expected, then again he didn't even know what he had truly expected out of this whole arrangement. "Giovanni, il tuo culo qui! Hurry up, or we'll all die from old age by the time you get here." His mother called out, the Italian curses causing him to flinch a bit. Picking up his pace, Gio walked towards his parents and the redheaded girl. His cobalt orbs never seeming to leave her as he kissed his mother on the cheek and mumbled an apology. "Marceline, this is my son, Giovanni."

He barely heard his father's introduction, but kept his expression unreadable. Reminding himself that no matter how pretty she was, he detested this whole thing and would rather drown then marry a woman he didn't love.

Marcy curled in to herself when her father-in-law spoke. She wrapped her arms around herself, hugging herself. She nodded. She jumped when Maria took her hands. However her kind words put her at ease and she smiled at the woman. "I...I guess I'm glad to be here...Mama. You, don't mind if I call you Mama and Papa?" She asked, voice soft.

Marceline Cosette Lyon's mouth dropped open when she saw her husband. "Giovanni..." She breathed. She remebered him! He had been her protector at school. But...did he remember her? "¡Fuiste tu! Fuimos a la guardería juntos, ¿no se acuerda? It was you! Don't you remeber?"

That was the thing about Marceline. When she got overly excited, she spoke in rapid Spanish. She moved closer to Maria, her rose-bud lips slightly open in surprise, her bright blue eyes wide as she looked at her new family.

Maria smiled warmly at the girl, shaking her head softly. "No, not at all." She mused out softly, ignoring the way her husband shifted a bit uncomfortably with the affection like vibes in the room. Maria's brown orbs flickered to her son's, instant disapproval written on her face. She detested tardiness and the fact that her son had kept his lovely new bride waiting almost made her rip him a new one. But, she didn't want to frighten her daughter-in-law with her temper yet.

Gio's eyebrows lifted in confusion, studying the redhead a bit more. Her Spanish was lost on him, he didn't know any words in the foreign language besides the ones that corresponded a bit with Italian. He shifted his weight a bit, still trying to come up with what she meant by remember. He hadn't had dalliances with a redhead like her before, he certainly would have remembered that and he didn't think she was hanging with the same crowds he usually did. He couldn't picture her at street races or a parties around New York, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles. Nor could he imagine her being one of his old college classmates but there was something about her that he thought was familiar. He just couldn't put his finger on it. During his thoughts, his head had tilted to the side a bit. His blue gaze meeting hers, almost searching for an answer in them.

"Uh...." Gio started, clearing his throat as his face settled back into one of less confusion. "Remember what-?" He started to ask when he felt his father clasp a hand on his shoulder. "Giovanni, why don't you take Marceline around the property and get to know each other a bit? I will send someone to get you two when dinner is ready." His father stated bluntly, ushering his wife away and leaving the two young adults by the front doors. Giovanni glanced back to Marcy, his right hand rubbing the back of his neck uncertainly.

Marcy smiled at her Mother in law. She blushed darkly when the parents left her alone with her old crush. "Remember...Well...Us. We...You went to preschool with me." She whispered, looking down and twisting her hands. Her red hair fell like a curtain around her face. "N-never mind. Can I see my...our room? I'd like to change." She asked. She took a step closer, eye firmly down.

The reason no one ever saw her out of her family's compound was when she did leave, she disguised herself. She put on a blond wig and brown contacts. As well as bright make-up, dramatically changing how she looked. She was well known in street-fighter circles under her alias, Vampire Queen. She was a well-known champion and as such, paraded her status at all the under-belly parties of New Haven. Well respected and liked, she had gained access to everywhere while under disguise. As she looked at Gio, she wondered if he could be trusted with her secret and if he would let her continue.

Giovanni stared at her for a long moment, taking in her short explication about how they went to preschool together. Thinking back, he tried to remember her but only came up with the image of a short little girl with a few teeth missing. Her hair was different too but he couldn't remember why or how.

"Sure. This way." He stated quietly gesturing for her to head up the stairs behind the two of them. He figured that he would show her to the guest room. She didn't have to stay in his room, not if she wasn't comfortable at least. Not that he would have minded. Shaking his thoughts out of the gutter, he followed her up the stairs and down the long hallway. He stopped her at the last door on the right, opening it up for her. "I had my Father set you up with your own room...until..." Gio stumbled, trying to think of something other than the wedding in a few weeks.

"Listen, I'm not a fan of this whole arrangement and I don't want to pull you away from your own life. If there's anything you need, my room is right next door."

Giovanni smiled at her, picking up his usual relaxed atmosphere before moving out of the guest room so that she could get herself situated.

Marcy peeked into the guest room, a frown on place. "But...aren't we supposed to share a room? I mean...what't the point, the wedding is so close." She looked up at him and smiled sweetly. "Besides...I cuddle. Even at home, my sister and I shared a bed." She came closer to him and placed her hands on his chest, fingers spread wide. She tilted her head up to look at him. "I'm sure you won't mind." She slipped past him to the next door, letting her hand trail over his chest. Opening it, she froze, her face becoming cold and angry. "Giovanni. Care to explain why there is a nearly naked woman on your bed?" She said, voice dangerously low.

If he was cheating on her...The devil himself wouldn't save him. Everyone knew, Marcy's wrath was something to be feared.

A dark blush began to creep into his face, his lips parting in an attempt to refute her statement about them sharing a bed. He barely knew this girl, hell he could barely remember their aparent time together in kindergarten. His aqua orbs flickered to her hand on his chest, feeling tingles shoot down his vertebrae from the contact. He swallowed hard, watching her with an expression that mirrored a deer caught in the headlights of a car. Cuddling? Giovanni D'Amico didn't cuddle. At least not with a girl, the longest time a woman had ever been in his bed was to catch her breath afterwards. Then he usually made sure the girl was gone by morning.

Gio shifted, willing his lips to part again when she slipped past him. His eyes following her, subconsciously watching her hips sway before his view of her was obscured by his bed room door. Hearing March call his name caused his feet to move after her, sticking his hands into the pockets of his slacks coolly. He leaned around her, averting his attention from the shorter female in order to take note of the girl who was indeed sprawled out on his bed. A sheer piece of silk clinging to her milk chocolate curves. Gio rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, fumbling for a way to answer Marcy.

"Who are you!? Gio, who is this!?"

The other woman beat him to it, sitting up abruptly with as much sass as she could muster. Giovanni let out a small sigh, running tanned fingers through his short hair.

"Shauna, how did you get in my house?"

He asked exasperated with how his high decisions where coming back to haunt him. Perhaps the party the other night hadn't been the smartest idea in the world, but it sure as hell got his mind off the fact that he was getting married soon. Shauna ignored him, marching her way towards him and tugging on his bicept in a feeble attempt to pull him futher away from Marcy. Gio didn't feel the warmth from earlier when Marcy had touched him, instead it felt cold and surprisingly wrong. His face growing serious, he tugged the half naked woman into the hallway and removing her from him.

"I'm sure you know your way out?"

He questioned cheerfully, a wide grin on his face but his eyes said that he was anything but thrilled with her presence.

Marcy growled. "I'm his wife bitch. Mantener las manos quietas y no voy a tener que destripar con mis propias manos." She moved closer to the other woman, her hands curling into fists. She lifted herself onto the balls of her feet, getting in a slight fighting stance. She knew that Gio would notice this and sent a prayer skyward that he wouldn't comment on it later. "Like he said, you know your way out. Puta." Then without waiting for a response, She turned and flounced into Gio's room, intent on getting herself settled and changed into something that wasn't a dress.

She spotted her suitcases in one corner of the room and went over to them. She picked the smaller one up and placed it on the bed, opening it. She rummaged for a while before removing some exercise capri pants, a sports bra, and a light jacket. She slipped her feet out of the sandals and put on socks. She gathered her clothes and went into the bathroom, closing the door. She changed, folding her dress and tying on some trainers. Exiting, she put her dress and sandals away before zipping up her suitcase again. Looking in a mirror that was in the corner of the room, she restrained her fiery curls in a ponytail and sighed happily. She had never felt at ease in dresses. But in normal clothes...she felt free. Easier to fight too. She then sat on the bed, waiting for Gio to show her around.

GioVann hadn't missed her stance, the way she looked as if she where ready for a fight. He personally had never steeped into an actual ring but he could recognize the posture anywhere he had seen and been in too many random fights not to take notice of the way people stood. He was a racer though, rarely hung out in those underground rings but there was something about the way she looked that he recognized. Ignoring it, Gio closed his bed room door watching Marcy move about the room. With a sigh he headed to the bed, flopping down on it face first as he waited. After a while he felt the bed dip, his head turning to look at Marcy sitting on the other side. Pushing himself off the mattress, he looked her over quickly holding back his nod of approval, slowly getting to his feet so that he could show her the rest of the gigantic house.

Marcy smiled as she followed him. "So, you aren't opposed to us sharing a room?" She asked. Her eyes roamed everywhere as they walked, taking in her new home. She peeked out the window and held in a gasp at the beautiful garden outside. She loved planting and hoped she might have a chance to start a vegetable garden here. She reached forward and hooked her arm through his. She smiled sweetly at him. At least he hadn't brought up her fight pose.

His eyes slowly glanced behind him at Marcy, holding his bedroom door open for her casually. "Am I supposed to be? It's not everyday I get to share a room with a beautiful woman." He flirted, his lips quirking up a bit as her arm looped through his. She was interesting, he had to admit that. Also, there was something about her that just made him forget his womanizing ways. Gio watched closely as she took interest in everything. He was steering her towards the back exit that lead to the garden. From the way her eyes lit up he figured it was a safe bet for her to see it in person and not from the otherside of a window.

"So, Marcy, who taught you how to fight?" He finally asked, dragging that cobalt gaze to her as soon as they were outside.

She snorted, eyeing him from the corner of her eyes.

Marcy followed eagerly, excited to see the garden she had glimpsed. She nearly pulled him out the door, freezing when he asked her that question. "Fighting, hah...I don't know how to fight, what gave you that idea?" She chuckled, refusing to look at him. She was afraid he'd take her hobby away if her knew.

"Your stance", Gio mused looking down at her as she stopped walking. He leaned down closer to her with a wicked smirk coming to his features. "I tool boxing lessons as a kid, Tesoro. I know what a trained fighter looks like even if yours is a bit reckless." He allowed his words to take on a husky sound, the Italian word of endearment rolling off his lips with ease. He figured that if they were to spend a lot of time together until the wedding he might as well have fun with the whole experience. Gio let his lips hover over hers for a moment before pulling away completely with a lopsided grin. He shrugged before starting to walk again. "It's a good thing, Marcy. It means I don't have to worry about that cute little ass of your getting hurt." He mused with a wink, the full force of his usual personality hitting him full force now.

She blinked as he called her "Treasure." Her breath hitched as he came closer and his voice huskier. She followed as he began walking again, blushing when he called her ass cute. "Well...have you ever heard of Vampire Queen?" She asked. She came closer to him and stopped him walking with a hand on his arm. She looked around before pushing him to sit on a bench. She quickly straddled his lap and grinned. Her look clearly said "two can play at that game."

She looped her arms around his neck and wiggled, trying to get comfortable. "Vampire Queen is my street fighter alias, novio." (Babe) She reached behind her and pulled her hair out of it ponytail letting it tumbled down around her shoulders as she bit her lip and looked at him through half-lidded eyes. "I street fight, every Friday night." Then quick as a flash, she was off his lap and running deeper into the gardens. "If you want to know more, you'll have to find me!" She called back, laughing.

Gio visibly stilled, his heart completely stopping. His brain had registered that she had pushed him down on one of the benches, but he still couldn't wrap cognitive thought around the way she had straddled him so quickly. An amused glint entered his eyes, watching her sift on top of him. He was a little worried that she would cause another situation to arise, but kept that line of thinking to himself. Giovanni's blue orbs continued to drink her in, his hands moving to place themselves on her hips when all of a sudden she was off his lap and sprinting. His teeth clenched a bit as he stood up, intrigued by the way she said she was a street fighter. He chuckled a bit, stuffing his hands in the pockets of his slacks and smugly sauntering after her. "What makes you think I want to chase you?" He called after her, pulling his hands out from his pockets to lay them flat on the top of his messy hair. His expensive leather shoes kicked up some dirt, but he had hardly seemed to care as he walked after her. His gaze following after every turn she made around a piece of shrubbery. "Vampire Queen huh? Tell me, bella (beautiful) what inspired such a name?" He questioned loudly, subconsciously picking up his pace.

Marcy looked over her shoulder, grinning smugly. "Because I intrigue you." She hopped over a short bush and disappeared into a copse of trees. Her melodic voice drifted out from the trees, one of which she had climbed up. "Vampire for the night, Queen because I was always on top." She unzipped her light jacket, dropping it on his head. This clearly left her in just her sports bra. She sat on a high branch and fanned herself, grinning down at him. "Is it just me or is it warm out here?" She teased, her nose wrinkling slightly. Her hair flowed out behind her in the slight breeze and she gathered it together, moving it all to hang over one shoulder. "La miel, que me va a atrapar o voy a marchitarse aquí?" (Honey, you gonna catch me or will I wither away here?)

Guo huffed in reply, her explication rolling around in his head. She did in fact intrigue him, more than he would actually like to admit. He was starting to remember a bit from what she had talked about an hour or so ago. About them being classmates in kindergarten or first grade. He had a very faint memory of pushing a little girl on the swing set. He also remembered her being in the younger kids class. But, besides the ocasional protective feeling associated with the memory he couldn't remember much about it. Gio followed her into a cluster of trees looking around the trunk of one with a confused expression. It didn't occur to him that she had climbed up until her jacket dropped over his head. Pulling the fabric off his face, he glared up playfully. He was starting to have hope that they could be friends and that this whole death due us part thing wouldn't be so bad. Even if they never loved each other. Giovanni wasn't even sure if he wanted to fall in love with someone anyway, it made you do unreasonable shit. His eyes caught sight of her bare skin and he felt blush start to build in his face. Pushing it down forcefully he gave her a charming smile, setting her jacket down beside the tree carelessly.

"Bella, we're going to have to work on your Italian if you think I'll understand that Spanish gibberish."

He chuckled, fingers nimble as they unbuttoned his suit jacket before shrugging it off completely. Under his jacket was a smooth dark blue dress shirt, the top two buttons where undone showing parts of his bare chest underneath. Finding a grip, he started to climb the tree after her. Swinging his legs over the branch he sat comfortably on the other side of her with a boyish grin.

She pouted at him. "Italian is hard Novio. Why not work on your Spanish instead?" As she looked at him climb up after her, she was struck by how he hadn't changed at all from when they were little. He was just older. He was just as playful. She blushed as she recalled the crush that had never really gone away. Marcy Lyon knew she was already falling hard for her husband. She hopped he would at least try to make it work. The red-head turned slightly and leaned against Gio, her arms over her stomach as she watched the sunset from the trees. She wondered when someone would get them for dinner.

"Italian is easy, bella. I'll teach you, at least that way you can understand when someone in my family talks to you."

He mused, swinging his legs back and forth a bit as he looked at her. Gio noticed the pink dusting on her face but chose not to say much about it, but the smile on his face proved that he had noticed. "Ciao means hello," He started, looping his arm lazily around her shoulders in a friendly way. He still wasn't sure how to act around her, she hadn't been what he had imagined when his parents had signed the peace/marriage contract between the two crime families. But she wasn't worse than what he had thought in the beginning, in fact after a few hours of just talking with her she was rather pleasing to be around. So, he just figured to treat her how he would treat any other girl his age. "Arrivederci, is Goodbye. See? Not so hard now is it, bella?" He mused, blue orbs flicking off to the sunset.

"Giovanni, La cena è pronta. Affrettatevi prima che mamma soffia una guarnizione o qualcosa del genere!" A voice called from beyond the garden, it's voice was masculine but held a slightly higher tone than Gio's. The voice belonged to another young man, around 18 maybe, who was standing over by the house with his hands on his hips looking disapprovingly at the two figures in the trees. Gio let out a mellow dramatic sigh, "In a minute!" Giovianni replied back in English, sending Marcy a sheepish smile. "Guess, dinner is served." He stated but made no move to actually get out of the tree or remove his arm from her shoulders.

Marcy mouthed the words as he spoke them, tilting her head back slightly to look at him upside down. "No...I suppose not." She mumbled. Marcy liked the feeling of his arm around her and snuggled closer, closing her eyes as she did. She started slightly when the other voice called out. The red-head turned her green gaze on Gio. "You have a little brother?" She asked, sitting up so that his arm dropped off her shoulders. She started climbing down as she waited for his answer. On the ground, she picked up her jacket and put it on, zipping it so she looked decent. She left her hair free though. She turned her head up to watch him and smiled. Maybe the arm was more than a friendly gesture? Either way, she could hope.

Giovanni sighed a bit, following down after she had shrugged off his arm. His feet hit the ground with a soft thud since he had just dropped the rest of the way. "Yes, two of them actually." He said quietly, picking up his own jacket but instead of tugging it on he slung it over his right shoulder. He nodded towards the house, cobalt eyes meeting hers. "Tony, Antonio, was the voice you heard a few minutes ago. He's the youngest of the three of us." He stated in a almost matter-of-fact tone. Though it was clear from his face that he loved his brothers, the tension in the way he spoke said that they all didn't get along very well at all. He kept pace with her as they walked toward the house, secretly dreading the family dinner that he knew his mother had put together.

Marcy quietly slipped her small into into his larger one as they walked. She figured it was a way to offer some sort of support. She squeezed his hand. She was just a nervous, not sure what to expect. "You don't sound like you like them very much?" She said quietly, her green eyes on the ground as they continued toward the house. "I have an older brother and a younger sister...I miss them. Very much. I...I wasn't given much time to say goodbye." She added in a whisper, her teeth worrying her bottom lip. She used a free hand to wipe her face discreetly. "Anyway...what can I expect from this family dinner?" She asked, voice tight with the effort of holding back tears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back