• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Made in your image

Tardy Grade

The Page Turner
Welcome to the Nursery.

I am a man of wealth and great Social standing but poor health who has found his life's work to be less than fulfilling.

Not being alone in this sentiment I founded a group of like minded powerful individuals to fund an... experiment.
We are the Profits.

You are a scientist of some renown and have made it your business to spit in the face of death. Following the disclosure of Victor Frankenstein's research into the world upon the death of his trusted lab assistant Igor,as per his master's wishes, the world trembled at the prospect of 'LIFE AFTER DEATH'.

A few decades later man has failed to accept the possibilities his research provided. Chose not to pass through the doors they opened...

But some of us decided to break the windows... some of us could not help but ... peek.

You were chosen because your research and our goals have met at a crossroads. We will fund your endeavors and you will pursue your ungodly work.

Each of you are exiles of society. Castaways with no where else to hide as your predecessor once found himself to be. And like your predecessor you each bear another commonality... You've achieved a partial answer.

You've brought back the flesh but not the soul. Not the memories.

You've made a Monster.

Now we give you the chance to meld your collective imaginations and genius to make an Ideal.

So join us you heathen. You who know not where life ends and souls go but are not likely to wait idle for that point.

You who are impatient and impertinent with eyes unwavering.

And to those who shun you and your cause. To those who would view our work as profane?

Let them come.

Bring fire.

And Iron wrought to Steel.

Once a man and his monster held a castle on a stormy night...

We my peers?

We my friends shall hold the World.

I don't know how many people might be interested in this or how many I can fit in but here's whats going to come from your side if you are.

2 characters (if that is not already obvious) per person.
 A scientist of your making;child prodigy/mad scientist etc.

and

A monster that was once a living creature.

Now in the spirit of invention I'm fine with a slightly mechanized creature or what not. Though it should have some organic basis beyond just slapping a meat suit on it.

I want to see your vision or life after in it's initial stages.

Imperfect and a work in progress.
Unique and unhindered.

I would like the character sheets,ideally in almost a resume format. Or a wanted note or docket of files collected by investigators or news clippings! Let your mind soar gents!

For those who are more religious members here and those who find this offensive I think it's best to look elsewhere if you are not a fan of Mary Shelly's written works and the legacy she's left behind in fiction. 

Though having characters with conflict between their scientific mind and religious souls are welcome.

Rules 

- You can have relationships but nothing intimate as per site rules

- Since you are not a normal person then your predilections may also go outside of acceptable society norms. Go nuts!

- Limit and avoid conflicts outside of characters

- No killing playable characters.

- Understand your mortality and remember this is science fiction.

- If you think your writing is going to go to far overboard please pm before you post.

Things to expect

Helplessness and violence

Human cruelty in the forms your mind can conjure
(While sadly staying in the bounds of the site rules)
(Please inform me of a scene which you find particularly gruesome so I can go over it with a mod)

Places like Morgues, Large Laboratories, Libraries, Catacomb-like tunnels, Cobbled streets that are dimly lit, Impoverished and hateful masses, Losses in many ways shapes and forms.

A harrowing experience.

Any further queries through pm but if you're interested then post
"Damned if I do"
In the comment section below.

Hope those of us ready to take on this path have tonnes of fun 3:3

d369dc369a87652f0d77749f3c26ea80.gif

Glad to have you on-board! :3

Think up a scientist name, specialty and so on as described and I'll keep you posted.

Remember your project isn't perfect yet. It'll improve as the rp goes on however with increase in funding and information and idea you get from your fellow enthusiasts >:3

Aside my projects and observing other things. This holds my biggest interest in sci fi topic. To be a mad scientist and their creation?

Oh yes I am intrigued.

Well that's good. I will need to see some prior writing if at all possible and feel free to start your cs in the mean time.

One para per character from upwards of 6 lines each is a basic requirement.

Hope you enjoy when we start :3

As long as you maintain the basic etiquette of roleplays I don't think that should issue should arise.
Still a sample would be nice to read so I can get an idea. Just pm me or post the sample here in a 'spoiler' box.

Nice interest check—very pulp horror.  I'd like to know more about the world it's set in.

Here's my writing sample: 

Damned if I do, obviously.

Like Merry Shelly intended the world is much like ours was in london during the 1800s. The British were doing pretty good for themselves back then so expect to see flourishing sides trade and active areas at the docks along Thames for Trade.

Our scope of the world would be rather restricted given the stigma we've been branded with as dabblers in the profane. So you'll mostly see London by Gaslight. The only real change is the release of the documents and research I mentioned. 

Perhaps it could have some minor day to day effects too in London but that's unlikely given how the scientific community on a whole would probably squash any thing found derived from his papers. This community is mostly just rich fat doctors who're stuck in their ways as has been portrayed endless times in books and cinema.

If you need more info I'm adding you to our Pm group.

And I think we're done boyzz :3 We have our mad men and to any others who apply please drop your name in case we ever need any like-minded folks for transplants

Well we're off to the races :3 But if any one else wants to join at any point just comment here and I'll get back to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back