• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic [M4A] A world with androids!

SqueakyWriter

I never quite realized...
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
2023 - An emerging company by the name of LifeTech introduces their newest product at the Consumer Electronics Show - an prototype android simply dubbed as 'Type: Ally'. A brief montage flashes on the jumbo screen, showing the potential uses of the unit: various scenes of Ally doing household chores, answering children's questions, ringing up customers at a gas station, and even doing police and firefighting work all accompanied by cheerful music. The prototype itself is still far from perfect, best described as an humanoid amalgamation of machine and obviously fake skin. The general reaction is skeptical, although the gamble was successful: LifeTech secured investors. The company keeps progress on the project under tight wraps for years.

2027 - LifeTech returns to the stage of the Consumer Electronics Show, the presentation is made by a tall, slender woman with white hair. The montage displayed behind her is similar to the one from years before, albeit a few added scenes: Ally units shown in military uniforms protecting cilvillians, teaching in schools, working in hospitals, and driving cars. The presenter answers the audience's questions flawlessly and without hesitation, her tone remaining void of emotion. Eventually, the inevitable question of what the company has actually accomplished comes up. A smile spreads across the woman's lips, before she looks down. "Well." She simply states, before the room goes pitch black. A few tense moments pass, before two icy blue orbs light up from the stage - the presenter was secretly an android all along. LifeTech had pulled it off seemingly.

The lights cut back on, and the applause roars throughout the room. The CEO of LifeTech steps out, patting Ally on the back - who bows for the crowd as wave after wave of camera flashes illuminate the room further.

2030 - After the obscenely successful presentation in '27, LifeTech has ascended to the likes of Apple and Google. Fuled by uncountable amounts of investors and a almost cult-like fanbase, their invention takes the world by storm. Factories are rapidly constructed around the globe. From the big screens of Times Square to the millions of screens playing YouTube, promotional material flurries everywhere. LifeTech is practically now a megacorp, with influence everywhere. Type: Ally units are getting more common in general, and work in virtually all fields from cashiers to firefighters to bank tellers - just like LifeTech envisioned.

Not all is perfect, however. The general public fears these machines - what's to say they won't dominate the job market? They don't need breaks, can work 24 hours a day and multitask flawlessly. All while being roughly 50% faster at a job than a human would. Not to mention how fast they learn - Type: Ally units need merely 30 minutes to learn a new job on average. It costs less to 'hire' them too, LifeTech has many financing options thanks to partnerships with most large banks. This has resulted in mounting protests, and a general dislike for them. Especially after footage showed a cashier Type: Ally getting robbed. Weighing in at just under 300 pounds depending on what's equipped, Ally units can punch hard enough to dent solid steel. The robber was killed, the impact hitting them in the chest - the force alone stopped the man's heart before crushing his ribcage.

Resentment increased ten-fold overnight as outrage grew. Many cities erupt in massive protests against LifeTech, some protesters even destroying Ally units. Weeks later, protests have calmed some, but tensions remain high despite PR efforts to normalize Ally units.

Greetings! I'm currently looking for partners to play out a plot in this world, where my character would befriend one of these 'Type: Ally' units despite the odds as a start.

What I'm looking for in a partner:

Quality replies: I generally don't mind how long/short your replies are. However, constant one liners can quickly make a roleplay boring. Quality, not quantity is what's important here.

Other: As a general rule, I usually like my partner to play an older/taller character than mine. The differences don't have to be insane, but there typically has to be at least some. OOC is appreciated as well! I will try to warn you if I'll be gone for a couple of days, I ask the same of you if possible.

If you're interested, please pm me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back