• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy M/F or F/F Fantasy

worldxfallsxdown

One Time Luck
It's been awhile since I've exercised my writing muscles, and I'd love to start a line or two with a muse already in my head. Basically, she's a stoner witch and a mix between John Constantine and Dr. House.

I wrote her to fit a more traditional fantasy setting, but I can also write her in urban fantasy/modern paranormal if that's more your bag.

A few notes (rather than rules) to ensure I find the right RP partner fit:

1.) Please do your best with grammar/spelling and being literate. In spite of my rambling character sheet, I'm not picky about length. Most of my RP replies are anywhere from a paragraph to seven, depending on how much description the scene we are in requires. Quality over quantity! But give me enough to reply to, and keep the line going, or I'll lose interest.

2.) I prefer writing over PMs or the boards. I can usually reply once or more a day, again, depending on post detail or length. I'm open to messenger, IF you don't harass me to reply quicker. I have a life, I hope you do too, and roleplaying is an escape not another social anxiety stress.

3.) I am a genre ho. I love mixing fantasy with action, adventure, humor, mystery and romance. But I'm not RPing to get my rocks off, and having an interesting plot line and characters I care about, is far more important to me. I love unlikely or odd relationships that take time developing. I can make Elspeth M/F or F/F friendly, or not have any explicit romance at all, though a bit of tension keeps things fun.

In that vein, let's have a good balance between all genres. If there is a fluffy scene, let's throw a wrench in it and have something depressing or violent, then approach it with dark humor to lighten the mood, or if there's a sexy romance focused scene, let's meddle in their contentment with a new mission or quest so we don't kill the excitement with too much sappiness. I have a bit of a twisted sense of humor, and so does Elspeth, so if you're offended easily we won't be the best match. Elspeth is a healer, and I may get descriptive about gruesome or unpleasant aspects of her duty, all while she's making inappropriate jokes.

4.) Please don't godmode and discuss things like major character death, pregnancy, birth etc. with me beforehand. That being said, I'm a 'go with the flow' kind of writer, and love spontaneous world building and character development as we go.

THAT'S IT! I'm sorry for how long the character sheet below is, but I tend to think characters create plots, so rather than establish one let's come up with something unique. I can't PM anyone myself yet, so you'll have to message me or post here.

I REALLY want to play Elspeth since she's been in my head and I haven't gotten her out. If you'd think we'd jive, but she isn't your cup of tea for whatever reason, feel free to hit me up and I may consider.

I'd love for you to have a character in mind and produce a character sheet of your own (I'll help you think of character concepts if you want), but please don't worry if your sheet isn't as detailed as mine, just a basic bio or paragraph blurb gives me an idea.

Happy RP hunting!

Name: Elspeth. She's very secretive about her full name, so other mages or entities can't use it against her in magic workings.
Race: All human, with an extra magic kick

Appearance
: Long dark brown hair trailing down her back, slanted catlike green eyes, a pointed face with high cheekbones and full lips suggesting aristocratic bloodline at odds with her rustic bearing, pale skin littered in scars, burn marks and even a 'witch' branding on her left hand, always has dirt under her fingernails and splotching her clothes. She's very small and slight, but has a swagger about her step preventing her from being dainty. A belt with pouches of herbs and flasks dangling off cinches around her small waist. Typically wears dark green robes denoting her Hedge Witch status, and a scowl one wonders is to purposefully mask her beauty, as she smokes her pipe. She goes barefoot often, to feel the earth and Hedge's roots better, which offends proper posh types. Only make up she wears is dark kohl around her eyes, to draw attention to her gaze so she can read people better.

450full-darla-baker.jpg

(Depicted by model Darla Baker for reference)

Objects: A sentient grimoire called the 'Hedge Witches' almanac bound with the souls of previous Hedge Witches which offers her all manner of advice and occasionally pesky quests, a long curved engraved wooden pipe rumored to be carved from bark of Tree of Life itself (she bought it at a goblin market), a satchel and belt with pouches of rare herbs and medicines, cauldrons bottles and alchemy devices for potion making on the go, a medieval version of a first aid kit with bandages and the like, and pendants and talismans imbued with protective magic.

Pet(s): Despite stereotypes, Elspeth and cats don't get along too well, because as a Hedge Witch she can't align herself with any deity, and they demand too much worship. Through her earth magic, she has a powerful understanding and respect for wildlife. They sense she's a force of nature just as they are, and she and animals tend to let each other be.

She can occasionally summon a shapeshifting fairy phooka to her aid (his favorite forms are a horse, sheep dog and handsome man to annoy her) because she knows his full name, and he owes her a few favors.

Magical Abilities: Master knowledge of herbal lore, tonics, potion brewing and medicine. Natural green thumb, and can make even a garden full of weeds seem like a thing of beauty. Although incredibly draining and risky to her own health, Elspeth can 'pain-borrow,' and transfer the pain of another onto herself or a host and banish their suffering. As a Hedge Witch, she can travel to other planes by climbing the Hedge's roots where they grow in other worlds. Her title 'Hedge Witch' is a protection, because she is neutral to all races, governments and magical factions, she isn't targeted for violence and can often travel freely through realms, but is still attacked frequently for being a witch anyway. She can tap into the 'mana' or magic from whatever world she's in, and bend it to her will, so long as she doesn't intentionally harm or override Mother Nature too much.

Her pipe is her magical conduit, through which she smokes a wide variety of plants for divination, healing, defensive purposes (you don't want her smoke blowing in your eyes), and - yes - just to get a buzz after a long day adventuring. Or during.

Magical Weaknesses: As a Hedge Witch, she's unable to own a staff or wand or perform any combative or offensive magic. She has to be free of all attachments or biases in order to truly be an effective neutral healer; she can't join a covenant, faction, fight for a side in any war, or even marry or have children. While some of earth magic and pain-borrowing powers exceed normal rootworking and healing, she's drained easily by overexerting her will. She is highly empathetic, sensitive and in tune to the environment, people, animals and everything in between inhabiting it. She has to make a concentrated effort not to let her surroundings effect her mood, or her unchecked emotions can influence her environment, from bringing famine to a farm, a hail storm in the middle of summer, or disrupting any non-magical technology. Because of her healing experience and raw power, she's a mark in spite (or because of) her Hedge Witch status, and has to evade capture on the regular by local governments, magical factions, or demons wishing to make her a deal.

Personality: Mysterious, introverted yet not shy, independent, brazen, sarcastic, dark humored, more street than book smart, stubborn, eccentric, chaotic neutral, vagabond, appears selfish or motivated by own interests but actually so empathetic it pains her, fearful of getting close to anyone, willing to use unorthodox or illegal methods for healing, struggles with addictive personality and escaping through gambling, smoking and bedding farmhands, despises mages, wizards and sorcerers who look down on witchcraft.

Bio: Some call her a street apothecary, shaman, witch doctor, snake oil salesman, charlatan stoner, kitchen witch, cunning woman, or the magical equivalent of a drug dealer. In truth, Elspeth is a Hedge Witch. A neutral healer who by her title is sworn to offer her healing to anyone who comes into her care; from drunk vagrants, changeling fairies, soul sucking demons, to witch hunters who would rather see her dead. Rather than summon demons like sorcerers, or adhere to strict spells and laws of magic like mages, Hedge Witches draw their magic from the earth and nature around them, as well as the nature within themselves.

She can travel to different planes through the Hedge, a barrier of hedge grows between dimensions whose roots are planted in many different worlds. As a healer, Elspeth has had to forsake using a staff, wand, or combative magic meant to hurt or maim. She can guide the undead to the afterlife, restore souls, exorcise or banish demons, heal ailments inside and out the body, but never take away life from that which has a soul. She uses an enchanted pipe and an assortment of magical herbs and talismans to protect herself.

Traditionally, Hedge Witches have been eccentric spinsters with no place in society, just residing at the edge of their village where the forest begins. Elspeth has had to make the entire world her village, because Hedge Witches are dying out, but she's no different. She is brazen, sharp tongued, as chaotic neutral as the force of nature she draws upon for her magic. Elspeth may mend your bones, cool you from the fiery pit of hell, free you from demon dimensions or cure you of your plague, but she won't be gentle, and her sarcasm may sting you more than your wounds.

Because she is unable to swear alleigance to any person, her friendship and loyalty is hard won. She never forgets a debt, though, and will have your back if only to remove the knife someone else stuck in it, chiding you all the while for being foolish enough to turn your back in the first place. It's up to you to decide whether Elspeth's healing hands are worth her verbal b*tch slaps. When you've traveled the astral planes, returned souls to the power hungry who just sell them again, stopped the bleeding of your enemies who spilled the blood of your friends, it's hard not to be a cynical girl.

Last edited:
Greetings, I am actually looking for a witch myself to start out a Demon(Spirit)/Witch role-play.

Maybe you would be interested?

Realistic/Modern - The Demon and the Witch

This is a link for a general idea. Maybe you would have some input on it yourself? I would love to discuss plot points and a general idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back