• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Lycan Roleplay

Mantarok

The Primordial
Plot
Lycanthropes, also called Lycans, are a separate breed from traditional Werewolves. Werewolves are rabid beasts who have lost all their humanity and are incapable of reverting to their human forms. Lycans, on the other hand, can not only transform at will but retain their conscience while in lupine form. However, humans are distrusting of the supernatural and regard Lycans no differently than Werewolves. Some organizations, like the Knights Templar, wage a holy crusade against the Lycans and any unholy monster like them. The Templars are fierce warriors who are frighteningly efficient in dispatching monsters. This prejudice has driven Lycans to seek each other out, forming small communities or packs. Some packs of these Lycans mark territory to protect humans from their more savage counterparts, even if it means chasing humans away for their own safety. Our characters are Lycans from one such pack, protecting the borders of their territory, warding off any humans who wander too close, and preventing Werewolves from hunting them. However, a betrayal from within brings the Templars to the pack's home, where they wipe out much of the Lycans present, save for a select few who managed to escape. Without a home and without a pack, all that's left is to survive the harsh world as they hunt down the traitor and deal with other threats.

The Commandments of Mantarok
  • I shall not engage in roleplay with minors. I am a timeless being, but my mortal vessel is in its early twenties. Thus, it would be... awkward to engage with anyone below the age of 18.
  • I am a casual to advanced role player. I often write in my spare time, so you can expect at least a couple paragraphs from me, or even more if it's called for! Of course, this means I am not one for "one-liners". I will show how engaged I am through writing and I politely request that you do the same!
  • I can reply at least once a day or two. If I have free time, I may even reply several times a day! But I will always keep in touch and attempt to inform you ahead of time if I will be absent. Primordials lead a busy life, you know! It's not all watching the meanderings of mortals.
  • This appears to be an obvious, recurring rule, but I shall restate it for posterity. Please, do not god mod your characters. I may be a godlike being myself but I can assure you my characters have faults of all shapes and sizes. After all, the greatest stories come from rising above tribulations after a great struggle!
  • Another given, but please do not attempt to hijack my characters. First, well, it's rude! Two, I may be kinder than most primordials, but circumventing me in such a manner is a huge pet peeve of mine. Please do not press that button.
  • I am very open to OOC chat! Please do not be afraid of my eldtitch nature, I can be very amicable!
  • Yes, I am open to what you would call "doubling". I believe in fairness and if you play someone for me, I have no problem doing the same for you!
  • Poking. Why would want to poke a Primordial? Most would melt your face off for such a transgression! Oh, you mean through DM? Sure! I have no problem receiving light pokes every once in a while... just not once every twenty minutes.
  • Plotting. I have little problem winging it, but I would greatly prefer to have a rough idea of what the plot if about. Of course, some spontaneousness can keep the roleplay interesting, but I believe it's vastly more beneficial for all parties involved if we have an idea of where to go, instead of just... what's the human term, riding by the seats of our pants?
  • This can either be romance or platonic. Either or.
  • As a final note... fun! Why would you even roleplay if you don't have fun?

Are your wolves from the underworld series? Seems to have a very similar feel.
They are inspired by the Underworld series, in the sense that lycans and werewolves are different strains. However, the whole blood feud with vampires isn't in this. That's more between certain clans than the entire species.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back