• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Lunar Fury - Exalted 2.5e Interest Check

This is interesting, cause I've been waffling on whether or not to take Even Blade style for Grave Cut or Loyal Dancing Lover's Technique (these are mutually exclusive branches I think. One doubles post-roll damage, the other negates all onslaught and coordinated attack penalties)

I'm fairly familiar with Even Blade Style. It's just whether or not I wanna deal with taking a Terrestrial Martial Art and long front-end of deflated effects to get at the real prize at the end of the style.

Another silly option was just taking the Art of Forceful Declaration for Wielding One's Tongue, so I could just dual wield Warstrider Grand Daiklaves.

What books are we allowed to use for martial arts? I'm leaning towards the faster, flightier character personality and combat-wise, but I'm debating what martial art to use for him.

Lunar Hero Style (obviously), Scroll of the Monk, and the styles in the Core Book. Those are the only ones I know.

What other books have martial art styles? I know that there are a couple in the Alchemical book . . .

I was looking through an online set of PDFs for Exalted, and there's an extra book that looks like an addition to Scroll of the Monk with the subtitle "The Imperfect Lotus". Is that one fine to use too? It has various martial arts based off the four Virtues.

I don't have that PDF, so I'm going to say no to that one.

Also, I don't like custom Charms. I have a problem trying to balance them out for cost vs power, so we will only use book stuff, including Glories of the Most High: Lunars.

What about any of the stuff in Dreams of the First Age, assuming we can hit the prerequisite for them.

So long as it is book stuff, like the Charms in Shards of the Exalted Dream, that will be allowed. Just no custom stuff.

Well damn, now I'm a tad torn. I like the idea of a warform soak monster build. Though whether or not to take a Claw Strider Totem with White Reaper Style as a Dragoon has become a serious quandry. It's been so long since I've looked at most of their stuff.

I'm just about ready to post my first draft of my character for Sherwood to look over. I had played Scorpion before in another game and had lots of fun with her. I just had to make a few tweaks to get her in line with this game.

I actually had a design for a character from a while ago that I can make into a Lunar pretty easily. He uses the Celestial Monkey style, so that should be fun.

I see that Psychie has her sheet up already. Not too anxious to play, are you?

Well, dangit. And again I'm too slow. :<

Dunno. Was still in a MAist mood, but, well. Don't know. Can you give me a couple days to think on it? Have a presentation due Friday at work, but can really sit down and sink my teeth into things Saturday.

EDIT: Nevermind. If it's with mostly the same people, I'm just going to run into the same problems from the same players as I did in the other thread. Thank you for inviting me to play, Sherwood Sherwood .

Last edited:
Well, dangit. And again I'm too slow. :<

Dunno. Was still in a MAist mood, but, well. Don't know. Can you give me a couple days to think on it? Have a presentation due Friday at work, but can really sit down and sink my teeth into things Saturday.

EDIT: Nevermind. If it's with mostly the same people, I'm just going to run into the same problems from the same players as I did in the other thread. Thank you for inviting me to play, Sherwood Sherwood .
Not a problem. Didn't want to leave you hanging. Maybe next time.

Wowzers Psychie Psychie , your war form is both super amazing and super terrifying at the same time!!!

To play catch up real quick, I ran through the MoEP:Lunars last night to remind myself of the intricacies of the Silver Pact. So far thinking of a Full Moon who is enamored with the stories of older Lunars detailing the exploits of the Swords of Luna. He agrees with their perspective and views his stewardship as not only a way to defend Creation against its enemies, but also as a way to defend it against itself (such as Dragon-Blood exploitation of mortals). Still playing with the exact location he'll hail from, though definitely a northern location, and thinking his spirit shape will be that of the Snow Leopard (saw them on the Planet Earth II documentary on Netflix, seem like both badass predators and hardy survivors). I'll jump to the OOC conversation for my next posts as I start to stat up my character.

Sounds good to me. Looking forward to seeing everyone's characters and getting started with the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back