• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

King Deo

Far beyond the West Sea lies an island shrouded in mystery. For centuries, civilizations new and old have attempted to breach its earthen fortresses, to discover or conquer the island's secrets. All who challenge the island are devoured in its fog, from naive mapmakers to the mighty kings who sought its power.

In your time, it is called Rearel. Whether by accident, or on purpose, your sails have led you to its shores. There were others whom shared in your objective, whatever it may have been, but now, you have awoken on a dark, nightly shore. Alone with your wit and the few tools with which you washed ashore, you must find the remains of your crew, and survive the perils of Rearel. Tread carefully, for on the island dwells the lost souls of countless legions and explorers, and an ancient force at the island's core which soon shall awaken. Will you succeed where innumerable journeys have met their end? Or will the island claim its next lost soul?

Greetings! You can call me Deo. I've been roleplaying and co-writing stories for nearly ten years, but lately, my pool of rp partners has run a bit dry. Thus, I have come to this site in search of someone who fancies getting involved in a rp encompassing dark, brooding atmospheres, themes of perseverance in the face of hopeless odds, and to build upon a world filled with mystery and intrigue.

If the obvious isn't screaming at you by now, one of my biggest inspirations in roleplaying is the Dark Souls series, and to a wider extent, Fromsoftware's game catalogue in general. Something about the fill-the-gaps, interpretive and environmental story-telling really translates to my style of rp. Also, the prompt above is exactly that. It's just a prompt, to give a general idea of the kind of rp I'm looking for. Anything is up for discussion and subject to change according to the preferences and parameters we decide to set going forward.

There are a few criteria which I would like to lay out before anyone decides they want to jump in this boat. The first is length. While I'm not too picky about the length of posts, one-liners simply won't do it for me. That, and posts which lack meaningful detail pretty much signal a lack of interest to me. If my partner is putting effort into their posts, using them as a means to add to the atmosphere, lore, tension, character, etc., of the roleplay, that tells me we're on the same page. A paragraph minimum will almost always be passable, but I absolutely won't object to posts which are longer! Just know I average around 1-2 paragraphs per post, but have no qualms writing more myself if the content is good!

The second thing I'd like to make clear is that I typically roleplay as the world to my partner's protagonist. While this isn't strictly necessary, I find it much more enjoyable to add in and play multiple characters than to limit myself to one. This gives me the freedom to create a thriving world in which the main character of the story can navigate however they choose. Typically, my partners tend to play the protagonist of the story and no one else, though imo, the more characters you wish to add, the better, so long as quantity doesn't take precedence over quality.

Tertiarly, romance is totally acceptable, and if it is used to influence a character's development and decisions in the world, then it is even encouraged! However, I do prefer it doesn't completely overshadow everything else thematically. I'm not opposed to much in this sphere, be it multiple characters hooking up with the protagonist throughout the adventure, or something a bit more tightly-knit between two characters, but like I said, I'd prefer it doesn't become the main focus of the roleplay.

Lastly, communication is key to every good rp! I like to branch out, experiment, try new things, and introduce lots of ideas into a story, some of which don't always pan out while others take things to whole new level. That being said, I do prefer roleplaying in an original setting. Obviously it'll be derived to some extent, but I find it way easier to flex my creativity when the world in question is one we're creating for ourselves, rather than from a fandom which already has a preset cast and setting. Plus, it is easier to change things around and make adjustments if one of us is having a problem enjoying it the way it is.

I think that pretty much wraps it up! If you read this far, include the phrase "Praise the sun!" somewhere in your response! While I've listed my main source of inspiration for writing this post, I should also mention that there are several other fandoms I draw inspiration from as well, though definitely not to the same extent as Fromsoftware games. Some of those inspirations include Persona, JJBA, and Lovecraftian fiction/cosmic horror. There are many more beyond that, but they'll probably have negligible influence, if any. If any of this has caught your interest, hit me up in PMs. In-thread replies will most likely be met with a response directing you to my PMs, so it'll just be easier for both of us to start there anyway. Looking forward to finding another creative soul here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back