• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Love Beyond the Stars (WE ARE NOW OPEN! THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE!)

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Good, you'll be with her, then. Avery nodded to himself just as Ariao spoke up.

"Spencer, please. It's the first of the year." Ariao sighed, lifting a hand and pinching the bridge of her nose. Though she could tell from the growl in his voice that he meant it. It was still odd to think about them being something more than human, even after having seen it in person. And if werewolves were real, she could only imagine what else was out there. At his comment on comparing schedules, she jumped slightly, having been thrown from her thoughts by his voice. "Oh, right. Um, next is Chemistry, then I have History and Gym right before lunch." That was something she wasn't looking forward to, for more reasons than one.

Ariao looked up to her father for years. And from what I've heard, her mother wasn't an option. Whatever happened before she started living with him, it sounds like he was the one to rescue her from it. Penelope added over the link as she headed down the hall towards the gymnasium.

Good, you'll be with her, then. Avery nodded to himself just as Ariao spoke up.

"Spencer, please. It's the first of the year." Ariao sighed, lifting a hand and pinching the bridge of her nose. Though she could tell from the growl in his voice that he meant it. It was still odd to think about them being something more than human, even after having seen it in person. And if werewolves were real, she could only imagine what else was out there. At his comment on comparing schedules, she jumped slightly, having been thrown from her thoughts by his voice. "Oh, right. Um, next is Chemistry, then I have History and Gym right before lunch." That was something she wasn't looking forward to, for more reasons than one.

Ariao looked up to her father for years. And from what I've heard, her mother wasn't an option. Whatever happened before she started living with him, it sounds like he was the one to rescue her from it. Penelope added over the link as she headed down the hall towards the gymnasium.

"I don't care if its the first of the year, if he tries ANYTHING, Ariao, I WILL destroy him," Spencer snapped back, putting emphasis on a few words to confirm he was serious. He sighed and shook his head after that, wanting to ignore what Penelope said about her father. He knew better... Kris only wanted Ariao because he wanted to observe how she behaved with the Prince of the Stars bloodline he recalled Ariao told him he purposely pressed to make - the bloodline forbidden for humans to have.
As she read off her classes, Spencer grew uneasy. He didn't have any other classes with her.
"Hmm... I might have to leave Chemistry early and get a schedule change. Let me take a picture of your schedule. One of us needs to have the same one you do." He folded up his schedule and pocketed it, then dug for his phone. He wasn't about to leave Ariao alone with Leo in any of those classes, either - especially since they had all of their classes together.

Ariao groaned inwardly at his words. This was starting to feel like deja vu from last year.... "Spencer, I don't need a guard dog. I can take care of myself." She said as they reached the door to the Chemistry classroom. The whole thing had started back in 8th grade, when her now close friends had been basically hired by her uncle to protect her from her father's influence. And while yes, it would be nice to share classes with Spencer, and maybe Penelope (since Avery still made her a bit nervous, even after all this time, him being a werewolf alpha as well as a few tense moments from when they basically first met) but they didn't have to be glued to her side anymore. "Dad's in jail, he can't do anything anymore. You three don't have to follow that agreement anymore." She added in a whisper, not wanting any of the other students to hear about that.

Ariao groaned inwardly at his words. This was starting to feel like deja vu from last year.... "Spencer, I don't need a guard dog. I can take care of myself." She said as they reached the door to the Chemistry classroom. The whole thing had started back in 8th grade, when her now close friends had been basically hired by her uncle to protect her from her father's influence. And while yes, it would be nice to share classes with Spencer, and maybe Penelope (since Avery still made her a bit nervous, even after all this time, him being a werewolf alpha as well as a few tense moments from when they basically first met) but they didn't have to be glued to her side anymore. "Dad's in jail, he can't do anything anymore. You three don't have to follow that agreement anymore." She added in a whisper, not wanting any of the other students to hear about that.

Spencer widened his eyes at Ariao's comment and grabbed her arm tightly in his hand, pulling her back towards him. He leaned in close to her face so he could glare into her eyes. "Do you really think that contract is the reason why we stayed to help you!?" he hissed out, just barely a whisper. "We actually CARE about you, Ariao, so don't even give me that shit!" His eyes flashed with both anger and hurt at her comment. "We aren't in this for MONEY! We're in this because you're our friend, and we WANT to look out for you, because that''s what friends do!" For a brief moment, he paused, looking down at where his hand held her arm.
Nothing.
Even now, when his emotions were at their peak, he still felt nothing special happen when they touched. It was disheartening for him.

Ariao winced when Spencer gripped her tightly by the arm, her heart racing as she felt her eyes widen at his closeness. "And friends just change their schedules at the drop of the hat when it comes to stuff like friendship?" She asked skeptically, her voice quiet. Part of her was hoping for something more, a different reason rather than them just being friends, even as the words left her mouth. And part of her was nervous to hear if such an answer existed.

"Out of the way, lovebirds." A cold voice spat. Jonas narrowed his eyes at Ariao and Spencer, a sneer on his face as he stood with his arms crossed over his chest.

Ariao winced when Spencer gripped her tightly by the arm, her heart racing as she felt her eyes widen at his closeness. "And friends just change their schedules at the drop of the hat when it comes to stuff like friendship?" She asked skeptically, her voice quiet. Part of her was hoping for something more, a different reason rather than them just being friends, even as the words left her mouth. And part of her was nervous to hear if such an answer existed.

"Out of the way, lovebirds." A cold voice spat. Jonas narrowed his eyes at Ariao and Spencer, a sneer on his face as he stood with his arms crossed over his chest.

Spencer was about to respond to Ariao when Jonas cut in. His voice made his wolf stir and his energy spiked again to Delta level. He widened his eyes and whipped around, letting go of Ariao's arm as he did. He moved to stand in front of her. "Why don't you take those stubby legs of yours and just walk around us, Jonas?" he snapped back, clenching his jaw tightly after the fact. He curled his hands into fists.

"Then get out of the way." Jonas said tightly, a muscle in his jaws twitching.

"Hasn't this gotten old by now, Jonas?" Ariao asked coolly, her eyes narrowing as she stepped out from behind Spencer. The two had been enemies since the start of middle school when her father had supposedly locked up his father. Jonas, seemingly eager to blame someone, had chosen her early on and the two had butted heads since.

"No, but how does it feel to be on the other side of the rope, Ariao?" Jonas sneered, drawing himself up.

Ariao clenched her fists at her side, knowing that he was referring to what had happened over the summer with her father. "Unlike you, I don't feel the need to blame others for the mistakes of my family." She said tightly.

"Why you little...!" Jonas stepped forward, his eyes blazing in fury, in an attempt to grab her.

"Then get out of the way." Jonas said tightly, a muscle in his jaws twitching.

"Hasn't this gotten old by now, Jonas?" Ariao asked coolly, her eyes narrowing as she stepped out from behind Spencer. The two had been enemies since the start of middle school when her father had supposedly locked up his father. Jonas, seemingly eager to blame someone, had chosen her early on and the two had butted heads since.

"No, but how does it feel to be on the other side of the rope, Ariao?" Jonas sneered, drawing himself up.

Ariao clenched her fists at her side, knowing that he was referring to what had happened over the summer with her father. "Unlike you, I don't feel the need to blame others for the mistakes of my family." She said tightly.

"Why you little...!" Jonas stepped forward, his eyes blazing in fury, in an attempt to grab her.

But before he could touch Ariao Spencer suddenly and roughly shoved him back, stepping so close to him he was almost nose to nose with Jonas.
"Try that again. I DARE you," he challenged Jonas, his muscles tensing so much his veins began to push against his skin. His eyes flashed as his energy spiked again, Beta level now. One more spike, and he would definitely be shifting.

"You stay out of this." Jonas snapped, glaring at Spencer, barely intimidated by him after having dealt with him over the past few years. He was getting sick of those three getting in his way of revenge on the Gavin girl.

Ariao reached over and grabbed Spencer's arm, pulling on it. "He's not worth it, Spencer." She said, hoping to pull him away from a potential fight.

Over the pack link, Avery let out a growl. *That boy is gonna really be a problem.*

*Don't cause problems just yet. Ariao needs all of us with her, even if she won't admit it.* Penelope whined as she entered the gymnasium.

*Give him a final warning. He tries anything beyond that, destroy him. His aggression towards her has only gotten worse over the years. Moon forbid he turns violent on her.* Avery said firmly over the link before shutting it out so he could focus on the others coming into his class room, one of which was Arianna Rui with a goofy smile on her face.

"You stay out of this." Jonas snapped, glaring at Spencer, barely intimidated by him after having dealt with him over the past few years. He was getting sick of those three getting in his way of revenge on the Gavin girl.

Ariao reached over and grabbed Spencer's arm, pulling on it. "He's not worth it, Spencer." She said, hoping to pull him away from a potential fight.

Over the pack link, Avery let out a growl. *That boy is gonna really be a problem.*

*Don't cause problems just yet. Ariao needs all of us with her, even if she won't admit it.* Penelope whined as she entered the gymnasium.

*Give him a final warning. He tries anything beyond that, destroy him. His aggression towards her has only gotten worse over the years. Moon forbid he turns violent on her.* Avery said firmly over the link before shutting it out so he could focus on the others coming into his class room, one of which was Arianna Rui with a goofy smile on her face.

*With pleasure,* Spencer half growled back to Avery, fueled by the permission Avery granted him. "You want her... You're going to have to go through me, hot-head," Spencer snapped one more time, pulling his arm away from Ariao. "You better choose wisely." His skin crawled and flared with anger. He was like a loaded gun, ready to strike of Jonas wouldn't back down. He didn't really have much of a choice against Avery, or so his mentality and the wolf blood in his veins forged, but he could bludgeon Jonas to a pulp without hesitation.

Leo bashfully continued to let Arianna guide him up until he saw the stand off between Jonas and Spencer, with Ariao next to Spencer. He pulled back from Arianna.
"I'll be in there in a moment..." he wuietlyntold her before he turned his attention to the group.
"Um... Is something wrong here...?" he asked them, careful to keep his distance from them, but concerned enough to acknowledge them.

Jonas turned his head slightly, a sneer on his face. "Tch. I don't have time for this. Stay out of my way, Gavin." He spat before pushing past Spencer and Ariao roughly to stalk into the classroom.

Ariao turned her head to the side to avoid giving Jonas the satisfaction of knowing he got to her this time. When she heard Leo's voice, she jumped slightly, having not expected to see him there. Though when she saw him with Arianna nearby, her mood instantly soured. "It's nothing." She said, turning and towards the classroom.

"Way to ruin the show." Arianna pouted when Jonas left. "Oh well, maybe we'll get to see some action at lunch." She giggled at that as she gave a mocking wave towards Ariao and Spencer before going off on her own.

Ariao clenched her hands tightly as she saw Arianna wave and head off for her own class. Closing her eyes, she forced herself to take a deep breath before stepping into the classroom just as the warning bell rang.

Jonas turned his head slightly, a sneer on his face. "Tch. I don't have time for this. Stay out of my way, Gavin." He spat before pushing past Spencer and Ariao roughly to stalk into the classroom.

Ariao turned her head to the side to avoid giving Jonas the satisfaction of knowing he got to her this time. When she heard Leo's voice, she jumped slightly, having not expected to see him there. Though when she saw him with Arianna nearby, her mood instantly soured. "It's nothing." She said, turning and towards the classroom.

"Way to ruin the show." Arianna pouted when Jonas left. "Oh well, maybe we'll get to see some action at lunch." She giggled at that as she gave a mocking wave towards Ariao and Spencer before going off on her own.

Ariao clenched her hands tightly as she saw Arianna wave and head off for her own class. Closing her eyes, she forced herself to take a deep breath before stepping into the classroom just as the warning bell rang.

Leo glanced between everyone, acknowledging everything that was being said to him. Soon enough, it was just him and Spencer in the halls as the rush began to thin out.
"Uh... Was everything okay...?" Leo asked Spencer, sincere concern in his voice.
Spencer watched Ariao go with worried eyes, but then hardened his face again when Leo spoke. He snapped his gaze to him.
"How about you just mind your own damn business and stay where you belong?" he spat at Leo, sneering slightly.
Leo was taken aback by Spencer's hostility once again. He felt a pang of guilt in his heart. "I... I meant no harm, I was just trying to help-"
"Well, you didn't, you only made things worse. Go run back to your popular little fangirl," was Spencer's last bitter comment before he turned and hurried into the classroom to find a seat next to Ariao.
Leo watched Spencer go with a gaoe of surprise across his face. He shook his head. *I don't understand why these people are so hostile towards me... I haven't done anything wrong to them... Have I?* he questioned himself before he frowned and dropped his gaze, trudging heavily into class just before the final bell rang.

Ariao just barely acknowledged Spencer when he came into the room and did her best to ignore the happy giggles of girls around her when Leo stepped into the room and the final bell rang. Now in a worse mood than before, she pulled out her text book and a new notebook for notes, now just wanting the day over with more than ever.

(I think I'll have Ariao have her next class with just Leo and Jonas and then he can start piecing together what's going on with her without Spencer, Penelope or Avery interfering. xD)

Ariao just barely acknowledged Spencer when he came into the room and did her best to ignore the happy giggles of girls around her when Leo stepped into the room and the final bell rang. Now in a worse mood than before, she pulled out her text book and a new notebook for notes, now just wanting the day over with more than ever.

(I think I'll have Ariao have her next class with just Leo and Jonas and then he can start piecing together what's going on with her without Spencer, Penelope or Avery interfering. xD)

Sounds good. Since he's pretty oblivious if I haven't made that clear enough ? He's friends with Arianna but only knows who Jonas is, nothing more, so it'll probably be him Leo addresses about the issue))

Spencer looked to Ariao as he settled into the seat to the right of her, gazing at her sympathetically. He continued to gaze at her worriedly as he slipped off his backpack and dropped it carelessly onto the floor. All it had in it was junk, anyway. He wasn't much of a scholar and didn't really care about his grades or performance in class. He was really just going to keep her safe.
Leo entered the room and noticed the seat to Ariao's left was empty, but also the seat next to one of the giggling girls that was purposely saved for him. He gave Ariao one last guilty look before he headed to the seat saved for him. Maybe Spencer was right... Maybe he should just leave them alone and stick with the people he already knew. He settled next to the girl, smiling briefly at her as he set his desk up for class.
Even after the bell rang, it seemed Ms. Magia was running late. She wasn't anywhere to be seen in the classroom just yet.

Last edited:
As soon as Leo sat down next to one of the other girls, it seemed as if the others around him shifted to try and say something since Ms. Magia was nowhere in sight.

Ariao let out a sigh, feeling a pair of eyes on her. "Spencer, I'm fine." She said, finally lifting her head to look at her friend, though the smile on her face was strained at best. Despite everything, Jonas' words had gotten to her, and it showed in her voice now more than ever.

As soon as Leo sat down next to one of the other girls, it seemed as if the others around him shifted to try and say something since Ms. Magia was nowhere in sight.

Ariao let out a sigh, feeling a pair of eyes on her. "Spencer, I'm fine." She said, finally lifting her head to look at her friend, though the smile on her face was strained at best. Despite everything, Jonas' words had gotten to her, and it showed in her voice now more than ever.

Spencer narrowed his eyes at Ariao. "I know you better than that, Ariao. You may be able to fool Avery and Penelope, but you can't fool me. You've been like this since school started. That ass Jonas didn't make anything better for you... But theres another reason you're like this." He scanned her for a brief moment, then leaned in close to her and whispered, "You went to see him, didn't you...?" He may not like school, but Spencer was very smart.
Leo continued speaking with the people around him, but he glanced up at Ariao and Spencer occasionally.

Ariao flinched when Spencer asked her that. "He's still my father, Spencer. No matter what you and anyone else says, that's never gonna change." She said quietly, looking away. She was afraid that if she kept looking at him, it would give away everything, and after the trial, that was a hard pill to swallow. When she turned away, she felt another set of eyes on her and turned her head slightly to see Leo's gaze now on her. Not really sure what to do now, she turned her attention back to her blank notebook and opened it to a page, her hand almost instantly picking up her pen to start idly doodling the pattern of the Prince of the Stars bloodline before she was even aware of what she was doing.

Ariao flinched when Spencer asked her that. "He's still my father, Spencer. No matter what you and anyone else says, that's never gonna change." She said quietly, looking away. She was afraid that if she kept looking at him, it would give away everything, and after the trial, that was a hard pill to swallow. When she turned away, she felt another set of eyes on her and turned her head slightly to see Leo's gaze now on her. Not really sure what to do now, she turned her attention back to her blank notebook and opened it to a page, her hand almost instantly picking up her pen to start idly doodling the pattern of the Prince of the Stars bloodline before she was even aware of what she was doing.

Spencer just stared at Ariao. "And HE will never change, Ariao. Just remember that," he replied firmly to her before he dropped his gaze to her doodling, aware but ignoring the fact she just looked to Leo. He made a face, then reached over and rested his hand on her arm to stop her and get her attention back.
"Just... Next time, don't go alone..." He squeezed his eyes shut and swallowed hard. "I'll go with you." That was a tough pill for him to swallow, but he wanted to be sure she would be safe.
Leo glanced over to Ariao again and looked down at where Spencer was touching her. He wondered if they were together, with how close they always were.

Ariao's hand twitched when he placed his on her arm and she froze, finally seeming to notice what it was she was drawing. Pulling away, she tore the page out and crumpled it into a ball, a shiver running down her spine before his final words sank in. "He can't hurt me in there. And he never did." Though her voice trembled a bit at that last sentence, she shook her head and swallowed. "It was...never physical..." Though it was hard to choke the lie out now, she couldn't bring herself to admit to that part, even during the trial, though Krioff had tried to get her to confess about it, she never did. She couldn't even bring herself to look at her friend as she said it, barely able to keep the memories at bay.

Ariao's hand twitched when he placed his on her arm and she froze, finally seeming to notice what it was she was drawing. Pulling away, she tore the page out and crumpled it into a ball, a shiver running down her spine before his final words sank in. "He can't hurt me in there. And he never did." Though her voice trembled a bit at that last sentence, she shook her head and swallowed. "It was...never physical..." Though it was hard to choke the lie out now, she couldn't bring herself to admit to that part, even during the trial, though Krioff had tried to get her to confess about it, she never did. She couldn't even bring herself to look at her friend as she said it, barely able to keep the memories at bay.

At how badly Ariao was shaking, Spencer felt the anger rise in him again. "Bullshit. The way you're acting says it all, Ariao. Stop lying to yourself about it. That's only gonna make you feel worse." His grip on her arm tightened slightly, then he softened his face. "Running from it is only gonna make the pain worse. I would know..." He dropped his gaze solemnly for a moment just as Ms. Magia came in, a frazzled mess.
"Oh my, children, I am very sorry, my deepest apologies for my late arrival, I hope it wasn't an inconvenience for any of you." She hurried to her desk and let the papers and books she held in her arms spill out onto it, then she quickly booted the computer, kicking the rolling chair out of her way as she did.
When Ms. Magia came into the room, Spencer quickly pulled his hand away from Ariao and folded them both in his lap, dropping his gaze to his desk. He gave an annoyed sigh, though it wasn't clear why.
Once Ms. Magia came into the room finally, Leo turned all attention onto her and prepared to write.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back