• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Love Beyond the Stars (WE ARE NOW OPEN! THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE!)

Characters
Here
Other
Here
From the hidden branches of the giant central tree, a young man with long silver-white hair tipped in red was leaning against the trunk of the tree, his eyes closed as he listened to Yuki's music. To anyone looking into the tree, no one would be there, but it never stopped him from listening in on what was happening around Inubasa.

Yukki continued to play his flute, seemingly content with the melody. His eyes still closed. Music was not of the things that kept him calm. Even if he did live alone. After the song ended, Yukki brought the pan flute down before leaning back on the tree. He hoped the guardian wouldn't mind him just resting here.

Khuzayma opened one eye when the music stopped playing and looked down to see Yukki leaning against the tree. After watching the boy for a while, he lifted a hand and ran it along a limb above his head, faint sparks of green dancing from his fingertips. A few moments later, a small plum fell from the tree, nearly landing on top of Yukki. After the recent infestation among the plum trees, the harvest for the fruit had been pitifully small, so the fact that this one was in tact and soft as it was would hopefully serve as a thanks to the boy for the song.

When Yukki caught the plum he glanced up at the tree. A small smile bloomed on his face. "I'm glad I could be of some company to you today." Standing up he kept the plum close as not to crush the fruit since it had been a gift from the guardian. He did sadden however. He knew how scarce the harvest season was this year. Would he be able to make it through the winter with just his music?

At that point, Tara had reached the tree on her way to the markets. Spotting Yuki, she smiled and waved. "Hello there, Yuki!" She called out cheerfully, making her way over to the boy. She hadn't noticed the plum in his hand yet.

"Oh, Ms. Tara! How are you eating this wonderful morning?" Yukki asked as he gave a small smile towards her, almost instinctively hiding his fangs. He was very subconscious about his Mythical side, he held the Plum closer to him as well, still being careful not to squish or crush it yet.

Even though the link was dimmed, Travis could feel a sense of nervousness from his mate. Smirking, he leaned against the tree on the other side of Hitaka. *You know, if you wanted to hear my voice that badly, all you had to do was ask.* He looked over at the few sparse trees that dotted the roadsides. "School is only supposed to be a half day today, so we'll stick around here for now. Once Genta and Melody get out, we'll start looking for a more suitable place to wait closer to the school."

Ariao saw Leo smile in her direction and turned her head away quickly, hoping the faint heat she felt in her cheeks wasn't showing. "So you prefer Leo...." she mumbled just as Spencer came in with Brandy. Grateful for the distraction, she looked over at them as they came into the room. Seeing her friend look, what she thought, longingly over at the other girl. "You found yourself another friend finally?" She asked in a whisper, though she felt a tightness in her chest as she asked, she tried to force her tone to be cheerful. At his other words, she frowned. "What catch? And how did you manage to get into all of mine so easily?"

"Have you seen those little guard dogs of hers?" Jonas asked with a scoff. "Friends stick up for each other, yes, but those three take it beyond that. They've never left her side since middle school and they won't let anyone close to her. Now, what comes to mind when you think of someone like that? Bodyguards. And why, pray tell, would anyone need people like that? Especially now that her father's been imprisoned? During the trial period? Sure, I could see it, but now it's just excessive."

Melody sneered and slammed a paper down on her desk at Travis's sly remark. *I didn't want to hear your voice, shut the hell up and GET OUT OF MY HEAD!* Melody shouted back through the link.
Genta could be heard wincing within the link in reaction to Melody's cry. Daphne widened her eyes, then glanced Travis's way. "Maybe we should leave her alone until we meet up with her later, Travis," she suggested, baring her teeth.

"It doesn't really matter to me. Everyone just calls me Leo," Leo confessed, smiling at Ariao before Spencer walked in. When he did, Leo frowned and dropped his gaze quickly, paying attention to the syllabus.
Spencer showed her his schedule, resting it on her desk. "Long story, I'll explain that more to you at lunch..." he replied to her, then glanced to the sub as he leaned closer to Ariao. "I have to have tutoring and have perfect attendance unless it's an emergency. Guess who my tutor is...?" he whispered to her, briefly glancing towards her, then towards Brandy. His face softened up a tad when he rested his eyes on Brandy. He was drawn to her for some reason...

"Guard dogs, huh?" Rana asked, quickly reaching for a sheet of paper. "Mind telling me who those... Guard dogs... Of hers are?" she questioned, raising her gaze to meet Jonas's. Her eyes glinted again, this time more dangerously.

Travis huffed and closed his eyes for a few moments. When he opened them, he nodded. *Alright. We'll leave it at that for now. Genta, remember, no shifting.* He warned before letting the link from his end fall silent. "Getting her back to the elders is going to be interesting." He said heavily.

"She has to actually come with us first." Hitaka said, keeping his gaze off into the distance and his head turned to the side.

Ariao blinked at Leo's statement before Spencer walked in. Once he had set his new schedule on her desk, she looked it over, eyes widening slightly. "They let you take these classes that easily?" She whispered before following his gaze towards Brandy. "Who is she, anyways? A friend of yours?" She asked softly with a slight frown. The girl couldn't be all bad, considering she had slapped Jonas in front of the entire class earlier in her defense, but to her knowledge, they hadn't even talked. "I have something I want to ask you guys about at lunch." She added, her mind going back to what had happened with Leo at the end of the last class.

"I know that Spencer guy is part of it. Him, a guy named Avery and that pixie, Penelope. That's all I know." Jonas stated with a wave of his hand. "What does that have to do with any of it?" He demanded, narrowing his eyes as he caught the glint to Rana's.

"Oh, I've been well. This town is good for sharing among others in times of need." Tara said, looking up at the tree before bowing her head and clasping her hands together in prayer for a moment. Once she was done, she turned back to Yukki. "I was about to go and see what the markets have today, would you like to join me?" She offered, a soft motherly glow in her eyes. She knew Yukki was alone too, and, like she did with many of the others of Inubasa, she made it her mission to lend any help she could to them, no matter what they needed.

Brandy sat quietly in the back, arms crossed over her chest. She had been deep in thought for most of the class, ignoring the information she would need for the new upgrade she had received. At first her thoughts were simply on when was the best time to retrieve her bag, whether to wait until the end of class or excuse herself now to go get it, but the more thinking she did, the more she got lost in the thought of how to best approach her new tutoring gig.
A feeling started to set into her, almost like she could feel something or someone, causing the hair on the nape of her neck to stand. Confused, she looked up to find Spencer looking in her direction. She raised her eyebrows, holding his gaze for a moment. It was a typical look she gave, almost like a smile, but without the effort.

"Oh, I've been well. This town is good for sharing among others in times of need." Tara said, looking up at the tree before bowing her head and clasping her hands together in prayer for a moment. Once she was done, she turned back to Yukki. "I was about to go and see what the markets have today, would you like to join me?" She offered, a soft motherly glow in her eyes. She knew Yukki was alone too, and, like she did with many of the others of Inubasa, she made it her mission to lend any help she could to them, no matter what they needed.

"I wouldn't want to butrden you too much Ms. Tara..." Yet he decided to take up her offer anyways. "Only if you're comfortable with having me around.... I am but just a musician after all." Yuuki wasn't really a social butterfly as he was when he was younger. The only socializing he truly did was with Ms Tara, now that he was alone. He didn't truly understand the logic in having many friends.

"Not at all, dear." Tara said pleasantly with a wave of her hand. "I don't mind at all." As they started back towards the markets, she smiled at him. "How has your music been coming along? I heard a bit of what you were playing just now. It sounded lovely."

Travis huffed and closed his eyes for a few moments. When he opened them, he nodded. *Alright. We'll leave it at that for now. Genta, remember, no shifting.* He warned before letting the link from his end fall silent. "Getting her back to the elders is going to be interesting." He said heavily.

"She has to actually come with us first." Hitaka said, keeping his gaze off into the distance and his head turned to the side.

Ariao blinked at Leo's statement before Spencer walked in. Once he had set his new schedule on her desk, she looked it over, eyes widening slightly. "They let you take these classes that easily?" She whispered before following his gaze towards Brandy. "Who is she, anyways? A friend of yours?" She asked softly with a slight frown. The girl couldn't be all bad, considering she had slapped Jonas in front of the entire class earlier in her defense, but to her knowledge, they hadn't even talked. "I have something I want to ask you guys about at lunch." She added, her mind going back to what had happened with Leo at the end of the last class.

"I know that Spencer guy is part of it. Him, a guy named Avery and that pixie, Penelope. That's all I know." Jonas stated with a wave of his hand. "What does that have to do with any of it?" He demanded, narrowing his eyes as he caught the glint to Rana's.[/cheeks

*I know, I know...* Genta replied back through the link before he too fell silent.
Melody sneered and covered her ears again as class began. She couldn't focus on anything with all those random voices in her head. "Shut up, shut up, shut up!" she whispered sharply to herself, clawing into her scalp.

"Like I said, its a long story," Spencer replied to Ariao. He glanced up at Brandy. "She has our lunch. I can see if she can sit with us so I can explain the situation to you, Avery, and Penelope." As the sub began reading the syllabus, Spencer lowered his voice. "And what do you mean? What do you need to ask?" He looked in Ariao's eyes, searching for the answer.

"A lot, actually," Ranna replied back firmly, writing down the names Jonas listed off. "Do you happen to know the last names of those students?" She glanced up at him with another devious glint in her eyes.

Brandy sat quietly in the back, arms crossed over her chest. She had been deep in thought for most of the class, ignoring the information she would need for the new upgrade she had received. At first her thoughts were simply on when was the best time to retrieve her bag, whether to wait until the end of class or excuse herself now to go get it, but the more thinking she did, the more she got lost in the thought of how to best approach her new tutoring gig.
A feeling started to set into her, almost like she could feel something or someone, causing the hair on the nape of her neck to stand. Confused, she looked up to find Spencer looking in her direction. She raised her eyebrows, holding his gaze for a moment. It was a typical look she gave, almost like a smile, but without the effort.

Spencer quickly dropped his gaze from Brandy when she met his eyes, a blush forming in his cheeks and met Ariao's gaze evenly. Maybe he could somehow pass her a note asking...

Ariao frowned at his response, though when he met her gaze, she fell silent. With Leo sitting on the other side of her, she wasn't entirely sure if it would be wise to talk about things that might have to do with the Mythical side of magic. As the sub droned on, she soon found herself carefully tearing out a piece of paper, making sure the noise didn't attract unwanted attention. Once the page was out, she cast a quick, wary glance at Leo before quickly writing a note down for Spencer.
I physically bumped into Leo on the way out of our last class and the weirdest thing happened. I just want to make sure I'm not losing my mind just yet.
Once it was written, she folded it up and passed it to Spencer, sliding it onto his desk when the sub had his back turned.

Penelope tilted her head slightly, hearing Melody's muttered words. "You sure you shouldn't go to the nurse or something?" She asked quietly in concern. Who exactly was she telling to "shut up"?

"I barely bothered to remember their first names, why would I know their last?" Jonas scoffed, waving a hand dismissively. At this point, he was getting impatient and annoyed with the conversation was going, not even bothering to question why Rana was so interested in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back