• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy lore heavy interest check?

sunshineysoul

entertainer at the house of asmodeous
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
howdy folks,

no code for this as the rp i'm cooking up isn't completed BUT, i just wanted to gauge the vibe and see how much interest there is for this concept?

so it'd be VERY lore heavy, i'm doing my best rn to build the world and provide the lore; i know a lot of people aren't a fan of lore heavy rps, that's why i wanna be upfront about it. but without further ado, there's the little preface i have for this rp:

Elosirah, the realm of the eight elements. A land that was blessed with elemental magic when the 8 Elder Dragons sought to create something all people of Elosirah could use. To better life, to connect with the elements; Earth, Water, Air, Fire, Shadows, Sun, Moon and Stars. Everyone lived in harmony; Dragons, Elves, Fairies, Mermaids, even the Vampires, Werewolves and Orcs; everyone. In the beginning, there was no overarching government, just likeminded people thriving together.

But of course, all good things are brought to an end by power-hungry people. A Shadow Elf created her own kind of magic, dark magic, that went against everything the Elder Dragons created magic to be in the first place. The Shadow Elf stowed herself away in the darkest caves, to grow her power in the darkness of the shadows. She eventually created her own curse, wrote it on a scroll and hid it in the depths of her lair. The curse? Allows her to possess people through their shadows, control them like puppets. Never once had their been a kind of magic that took someone's power to control their own thoughts and body.

As the Shadow Elf grew more powerful, she shared her ultimate goal to her followers; to plunge Elosirah into darkness, into eternal shadows. If she could achieve that, her and her people would become all powerful, being the new rulers of the realm. Being able to move in the shadows, the Elf was able to sneak her way to the dominion of the Sun Magic, & blacken it out. Plunging the realm in darkness for an entire week.

The Elder Dragons came together, once again, to seal away the Shadow Elf and all Shadow Magic for good. In order for the seal to be strong enough, the Shadow Dragon sacrificed her soul, to act as the seal. It was with a heavy heart, but the other Dragons knew it had to be done. Sealing Shadow Magic away for good was the only way to protect Elosirah in the future.

That was 7000 years ago, and a lot has changed. There are now only seven elements, Shadow magic is no more. The remaining Elder Dragons each constructed a kingdom, expanding on their dominions as a way to protect their magic and create a sense of order throughout Elosirah. There's been mostly peace and harmony throughout the land. That is, until a certain trinket-collecting Elf stumbles across an ancient scroll? What harm could a piece of paper possibly do?

the rp would follow the trinket-collecting elf and others throughout Elosirah as the mystery of the scroll is unravelled; the group would try to solve the mystery and travel Elosirah to try and stop the consequences of the scroll! there's a bunch of different species, all the elements, etc etc & yeah!
again, the rp wont be up for a fat minute, i just wanted to see if this interests anyone!

howdy folks,

no code for this as the rp i'm cooking up isn't completed BUT, i just wanted to gauge the vibe and see how much interest there is for this concept?

so it'd be VERY lore heavy, i'm doing my best rn to build the world and provide the lore; i know a lot of people aren't a fan of lore heavy rps, that's why i wanna be upfront about it. but without further ado, there's the little preface i have for this rp:

Elosirah, the realm of the eight elements. A land that was blessed with elemental magic when the 8 Elder Dragons sought to create something all people of Elosirah could use. To better life, to connect with the elements; Earth, Water, Air, Fire, Shadows, Sun, Moon and Stars. Everyone lived in harmony; Dragons, Elves, Fairies, Mermaids, even the Vampires, Werewolves and Orcs; everyone. In the beginning, there was no overarching government, just likeminded people thriving together.

But of course, all good things are brought to an end by power-hungry people. A Shadow Elf created her own kind of magic, dark magic, that went against everything the Elder Dragons created magic to be in the first place. The Shadow Elf stowed herself away in the darkest caves, to grow her power in the darkness of the shadows. She eventually created her own curse, wrote it on a scroll and hid it in the depths of her lair. The curse? Allows her to possess people through their shadows, control them like puppets. Never once had their been a kind of magic that took someone's power to control their own thoughts and body.

As the Shadow Elf grew more powerful, she shared her ultimate goal to her followers; to plunge Elosirah into darkness, into eternal shadows. If she could achieve that, her and her people would become all powerful, being the new rulers of the realm. Being able to move in the shadows, the Elf was able to sneak her way to the dominion of the Sun Magic, & blacken it out. Plunging the realm in darkness for an entire week.

The Elder Dragons came together, once again, to seal away the Shadow Elf and all Shadow Magic for good. In order for the seal to be strong enough, the Shadow Dragon sacrificed her soul, to act as the seal. It was with a heavy heart, but the other Dragons knew it had to be done. Sealing Shadow Magic away for good was the only way to protect Elosirah in the future.

That was 7000 years ago, and a lot has changed. There are now only seven elements, Shadow magic is no more. The remaining Elder Dragons each constructed a kingdom, expanding on their dominions as a way to protect their magic and create a sense of order throughout Elosirah. There's been mostly peace and harmony throughout the land. That is, until a certain trinket-collecting Elf stumbles across an ancient scroll? What harm could a piece of paper possibly do?

the rp would follow the trinket-collecting elf and others throughout Elosirah as the mystery of the scroll is unravelled; the group would try to solve the mystery and travel Elosirah to try and stop the consequences of the scroll! there's a bunch of different species, all the elements, etc etc & yeah!
again, the rp wont be up for a fat minute, i just wanted to see if this interests anyone!
sounds fun, might be interested!

I officially posted the interest check for this idea!!
here is the link for it! feel free to hop on over and take a peek!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back