• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Looking for Star Wars group?

SomebodyElse

Caught in a storm
Does anyone wanna run any star wars RPs?

I'm abit too full to run a RP of my mine but I have plenty ideas I'd love to work on with someone who has more in-depth knowledge on Star Wars.

I'd love to have a sort of Jedi Knights adventure series where a group of padawans/knights go on various adventures. Perhaps a group of students to Luke or something that takes place around the Republic Era.

Or maybe even something more close to KOTOR Era.

I don't really know... I'm just looking to start something.

Star Wars? Hell yes.

also, I'll go with either or because I LOVE THE OLD REPUBLIC!

I think I'd be willing to Co-GM this. If we get a substantial amount of interest, then I'd willing to probably do something where Luke tries to form a new Jedi Order and has a bunch of force sensitive kids.
I think I have some ideas as to who the villains could be and what the big overarching plot might be but I'd like to make this more episodic with each mission kinda taking the focus while a story is built over time.

Well there are a couple of stories from the new Canon that I find interesting.

The first one involves R2-D2 going on a one droid killing spree to save C-3PO, the other involves the concept of the partisans, a rebel group so radical that they were ostracized from the alliance as a whole.

I'll port my OC's over depending on the era, as I have one Grey Jedi, and one Clone Trooper (unassigned/unranked for purpose of character development.) You'd have to excuse my limited understanding of Star Wars in terms of Legends continuity.

I will throw my head in the ring. Playing a rebel group without ties to the alliance initial sounds good as it is not all force fielders. His says though likely going to play a force wielded.

Maybe we could do a clone wars (legends) RP. and for the record the CGI clone Wars cartoon does not fit into legends continuity as it conflicts with too many established events.

Having never watched the animated series and really only the movie saga (disregarding the last two), that's about all the knowledge I'm armed with. I know more about Halo than Star Wars. If people are willing to be patient I'd certainly give this a try for what it's worth.

I'm interested! Maybe we could do a compromise, and mix and match stuff from the two canons? For example, I really like how lightsabers are handled in the new canon, as it makes each one feel more unique, but I like everything after ROTJ better in the EU. And the Clone Wars show was amazing period, so yeah.

The point I was trying to make was that the clone Wars cartoon also known as TCW, can in no way shape or form thick into legends continuity.

My apologies. Again, TCW (or at least when I think of it) is the three-year long showdown between two of the largest superpowers in the galaxy (for that era)- being The Clone Wars. I really don't think of the animated series, but that's just me. I'd look to Episode II.

Well, mainly because I don't know much about Legends. Most of my knowledge of the EU is about the Old Republic era, and a bit about post ROTJ (only Jedi Outcast, really.) And I honestly just prefer how Clones were handled in the Clone Wars over Legends.

But it's not realistic to have the republic winning almost every battle and still be losing the war. Not to mention the fact that the clone Wars cartoon completely disregard some of the most interesting characters in Star Wars legends from that period.

however the most unforgivable thing they did, was they turned general grievous from the most prolific Jedi killer until Darth Vader, into a mustache twirling incompetent cartoon villain who spent more time retreating than actually fighting and killing Jedi, the one thing he was created to do

I'd be inclined to agree. While (the animated) TCW differs vastly from AOTC, it expanded upon, at the core of a Character body, what a Clone really is beyond being more than just a backdrop generic infantryman. Excluding conflictions between Canon/EU, I think there could indeed be some sort of compromise, or even word-building if the creator felt so inclined to expand upon the latter.

I'm going to admit that I wished more of Legends got into the show. Fordo, some of the EU Jedi that deserve to be canonized, and of course, Revan. I feel like they had to play it safe, since it was such a big show. Like I said, I can compromise, definitely. Just throwing out ideas.

One thing that would have to be excluded would be the character of ahsoka tano, at least having her in the role as Anakin's apprentice as Anakin simply is unfit to be a master to anyone let alone someone as reckless and as impulsive as he is.

Another thing that needs to be excluded are the biochips. As the rank-and-file clone troopers we're Bred to be dependent on a command structure and effectively hardwired to be loyal to the republic above all others, including the Jedi.

In addition the presence of the biochips would effectively make any refusal of order 66 impossible, in addition the presence of the biochips also creates the problem of order 66 getting triggered too early.

And don't even get me started on the mortis story arc call mother last sigh say about that train wreck the better.

Also they ruined the character of asajj ventress, turning her from dooku's pet psychopath into ashadow of her former self going from one bad parental figure to another.in addition the nightsisters are not the only witches of dathomir

I don't actually have the time for this anymore, so this is pretty much closed. I didn't expect to get more interest after a week and a half, at which I had already moved on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back