• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for some people to write with

AlbaGuBrath

"Scotland Forever"
Hey there, I'm Never! So, I'm looking for some people to write with! Yeah, I guess that's kinda obvious... Not necessarily anything super involved, since I do have school and a busy summer, but something fun and relaxed sounds pretty good. I'm good with just one person or a small group.

There are more guidelines and genres on my profile, but I'll just give a summary so you don't have to read through as much of my rambling.

• So one thing it seems like people want to know about is post length and activity. On average, I usually write about three paragraphs per post, though that changes depending on my inspiration. I like to talk about what the character is thinking, details from their past, the reasoning behind their actions, etc. I think this is great for learning about the character, but I am aware that it can be difficult to reply to a post if everything is going on in the character's head. I try to keep that in mind, but that is still my tendency. You don't necessarily have to match if you don't want to, but I would like at least a paragraph or two whenever possible. As for activity, I usually check my computer throughout the day, but do have school. I'm not online during the weekends except for checking messages on my phone. I understand life happens, so just a heads up would be appreciated, but I'm not going to get too bent out of shape.
  • I'm not particularly interested in romance. I know, I know, what a stick in the mud, but there it is... I'm just not very comfortable with it, and certainly not anything physical. If a relationship develops naturally between characters, I'm not against letting it continue, but I'm not going to pursue it or make it a major part of the plot. I'll also only consider mxf relationships, I'm not comfortable with others...
  • I would prefer that excessive violence/gore/language/content/ etc. be kept to a minimum. I'm not going to be too bothered if something comes up occasionally, but I don't want to deal with filth.
  • I don't mind if you use canon characters, but I'll almost exclusively use OCs. I might be convinced to try a canon character, but no promises.

So, the part you're actually interested in, genres! I have some ideas for a couple of these, which I'll mark with *, which you can find on this thread. There's also some of my characters/WIPs underneath that post, if you want to glance through them. I'm only listing a couple, so feel free to suggest!

Historical(ish)

-Pirates - Sea, sky, space... They're all cool! I do prefer something at least vaguely historical, though. I have an old character who could use some refurbishing I'd like to work with.

-Scottish or Irish History - I'm a huge geek here, so this will definitely catch my attention. Depending on the time and events, I may have to do some research, but that's fine with me. I have a particular interest in cultural and political nationalism.

Fantasy

*-Egg-Hatching - I haven't actually seen any of these around here, but I think they're great fun! I have one that's a bit different from the usual quest-oriented storyline, but I think it could be interesting.*

*-Open-World - Just come up with a world and explore it. There's a world of possibilities! -badoomboom- I have a sea-kingdom thought up, if you'd like to work with it.*

-Dragon Riders - I was thinking something structured kinda like Eragon, but I'm flexible.

-Mythical Creatures - Haven't really done much here, but it sounds fun. I have an old vague concept, but it's far from fleshed out.

Fandoms

*-Star Trek - I love Star Trek, especially Next Gen and Voyager! Each one has its pros and cons, but they're both great... I have an idea for a Voyager-ish plot.*

-The Once and Future King - A long shot, I know, but this novel is one of my favorites... I especially loved Wart's childhood and the Orkney brothers (especially Gawaine), so something with that would be awesome! Never tried it, though...

*-Skyrim - You may have seen me relentlessly stalking calmly talking to people about this recently, but here it is if you haven't. I'm really craving this right now, especially if we can do something with the war. I have a Stormcloak character ("Long live King Ulfric!" -ducks flying knives, mugs, forks, etc.-) I would love to explore personal beliefs and motivations with, especially challenging the notion that "other=enemy".*

-Disney - Maybe? I've never done this, but it may be fun. Probably at least 90% of the movies I watch are animated Disney and/or Pixar films... (x

Aaand I think those are the highlights! There's other stuff as well, but those are the ones I'm really feeling right now. Feel free to suggest other stuff that you think I would be interested in, or to just sit and chat. I try not to be too weird... (:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Alba I am new on this page but know my way around detaiiled Rps :D

I read ur ideas and i like the disney and dragon riders as im a big Eragon and disney fan :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back