• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for reciprocal 1x1 campaigns

Tzer

Recipes from the Congo
Hello! I'm a competent writer and role-player looking for a like-minded individual to tell some stories/play some games with. I'd prefer someone who can post at least a couple times a week, and can match my competency (or lack thereof) in the English language. Now that I'm settled into my new house and gainfully employed, I have a more consistent schedule and time to set aside for writing.

I prefer serious games with mature themes (without being needlessly explicit/obscene- or to use some RPG buzzwords, pointlessly edgy or grimdark). The games that I run have a recurring tone that I try to evoke with my writing and the events of the story. I like to make characters uniquely suited for each game I play in rather than recycling concepts- in my opinion, reusing (narrative) concepts waters down the emotional potency of a story, especially if it doesn't match the theme. My characters, ideally, have a realistic internal process with motivations and urges that make sense, and aren't contrived to make a self-insert power fantasy.

Games I feel confident running: Powered by the Apocalypse Engine games, the 40k RPGs, Night's Black Agents, Vampire: the Masquerade, Vampire: the Requiem, Hunter: the Vigil, Numenera, Savage Worlds, Unhallowed Metropolis, Call of Cthulhu, New Delta Green. Please feel free to inquire about any of those games for more details on them and ideas for potential campaigns I might have.

Games I would like to play: Apocalypse World, Urban Shadows, Rogue Trader, Black Crusade, Exalted 3e, Delta Green, oWoD or nWoD, Shadowrun 5e (newbie). I'm open to suggestions, but I won't play D&D, Pathfinder, or anything of that nature.

Thanks for taking the time to read! Respond here or via PM if you're interested.

Group campaigns definitely a no-go? Because I frequently run nWoD or oWoD conversions to nWoD mechanics. You are also the first person I've met in years who knows Unhallowed Metropolis.

I very rarely 1x1s - they take more work than group games and that's energy I'd rather put into my actual writing.

@Grey

They aren't a no-go, and if I see group games I'm interested in, I apply to join them. I am already running one group campaign on another site and I have one in the works here. That's all I'm interested in running.

@vinom 2e or the new 3e rules? I'm pretty vaguely familiar with it but I don't know the rules.

I only know the second edition rules my self, as I don't think the 3rd edition is out yet.

There's a new Unknown Armies inbound?

This decade definitely has upsides.

It isn't definitively out, but there's a beta playtest packet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been contemplating running an Unknown Armies game here once my work schedule stabilizes.

I've never run a WoD campaign before, was always a player. I might be interested in dabbling in running a small one, it might take a little time between story archs for me to refresh my memory and do my research...

I'm always interested in playing though haha. I have the books for WoD and V:TR ( and Exalted/Lunars, and Numanera)

Last edited by a moderator:
What are your campaign ideas? i'm willing to learn to play basically any system(play by post makes it easy) but from your list, i know how to play savage worlds and powered by the apocalypse. I'm not super big on the high fantasy genre but if the plot hook is interesting then i'd be willing to do it!

I'd be more than happy to run AW or Savage Worlds, but I am looking for reciprocal 1x1 games. So what would you be willing to run?

Meaning basically gmless where we're both gming it for eachother? I'd be willing to run either of them since AW has explicit gm rules(they're easily transferable to any game though) and Savage Worlds is like my go to game. Really either one is fine tbh, Savage Worlds does have that classless flexibility tho!

No, not GMless games, two separate games. I'd run anything you'd like to play that was on my list, and I'd play anything on my list that you'd like to run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back