• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy [Looking for More] Idas: Song of the Riftsea

_Line 213

| || || | __
Countless worlds drift throughout the endless field of life and spirit we call the Riftsea. Yet, there is only one world known to us. It is known by many names, yet the most common is a simple one; Idas.

Long ago, the Waygods, the countless travelers of the Riftsea's currents, found our world, smooth, formless, untouched. They and the energies they brought forth from the Riftsea carved mountains and valleys out of the earth, filled deep ravines and wide flats with water, and saturated the land with the life needed to give rise to tall trees, small grasses, great beasts, and us, the Upright Races of Man, Elf, and Rhagakin.

Yet, we of the present know little of the Riftsea; it was closed long ago after great conflict, and even now, whispers of great and terrible predators that pose as great dangers to even the most powerful of the Waygods remain on the lips of our hallowed benefactors. Why, then, would there be so many, both mortal and immortal, who wish to see the ways to the Riftsea opened again?

Whilst an Empire to the east expands into quiet, simple lands with machines never before seen, whilst ancient secrets stir in windswept sands beneath the plateaus of the south, whilst the Elven Kingdoms in the world's forests fall silent, and whilst the Waygods of our world scheme and fight against each other like mere men, a group of humble travelers, brought together by mere circumstance, are entrusted with the words and the Ashes of a lone, fallen Waygod, brought low by a witch with unknown intent.

Unknowingly, this small band now ventures into parts known and unknown, carrying--whether they are aware or not--the last hope of a celestial traveler who wishes only for peace...

This is a JRPG-inspired roleplay currently looking for a few more party-members. Though there are no mechanical elements in this roleplay, the flavor and tone takes cues from games such as the Tales series, classic Final Fantasy games, the Fire Emblem series, and others. We've been going for a little while now, and the party has just reached their first major stopping point with some major plot beats to follow, so this is a particularly good time to get in on the action.

Characters fit best into the party when they have their own niche to fill; in light of this, here are some short summaries of the current party-members so that, if you're interested, you can begin thinking about how your character-to-be may fit into the party:

The Bookish Barbarian: Kolu'luka Oondaemate: A large, greatblade-swinging dungeon delver from the southern sands, Kolu travels the world somewhat aimlessly, plumbing the depths of aging ruins and forgotten places in hopes of making an archaeological find that will earn her her place in the history books. Though she may seem like a savage at first glance, Kolu is a fully-fledged member of the renowned Delvers' Guild, a grand institution of fighter-historians from all walks of life who study at the city of Greatspring amongst the sands.

The Solemn Summoner: Luna Morgan Windsor Ashbridge: Once a mage of high ambitions, Luna cast off her weighty family name and great stature following an accident that stripped her of her magical abilities, and the ravaging of her town by a great monster soon afterward. Tasking herself with slaying the beast on her own, she tracked her quarry across the world until a trick of fate put her in the company of an unknown Waygod. It was then the girl realized that her gift of magic had been substituted with something far stranger: the ability to give physical form to the normally incorporeal Waygods.

The Tiny Tinkerer: Maribel Schwefel: Wherever the Empire goes, technology follows. Having grown up amongst mining machines and Imperial magitronics, Maribel surpasses a great many others when it comes to the sciences, past and present. What she lacks, however, is worldly experience; having realized that such is nothing that can be granted solely by spending time in a workshop, Maribel resolved to head out into the world herself on a quest for greater knowledge--and, for better or worse, fell into the trap of an unexpected quest as a result.

The Fiery Foxmage: Maximilliana “Maxie” Grinstead: Found upon the side of the road by her soon-to-be magical master, the vulpine Rhagakin Maxie is the latest in the long line of legendary Grinstead mages, known for their knowledge and effectiveness, as well as their extremely unorthodox methods of acquiring such. Holder of the enchanted Book of Grinstead, a portable yet nigh-endless repository of generations of magicians, Maxie travels the world with the aim of completing the last leg of her apprenticeship: learning all that her book has to teach her, and perhaps add a little to it along the way.

Punching-Priestess Pitah: A devoted priestess, Pitah is a member of a society of Taurus Rhagakin who have modernized their worship of the Waygod Pit, a cyclical being of creation and destruction, marking themselves as heretics in the eyes of their kin. Having received her Waygod's blessing, Pitah began a pilgrimage to gain greater insight into the world and its many different cycles of birth and rebirth. Not a pacifist in the slightest, Pitah is more than willing to set such a cycle in motion herself; indeed, it's quite possible that her Waygod would smile upon her for doing so.

The Swindling Shooter: Varis: Magical trickster and forest ranger, Varis has never been one to let anyone on about his true origins. His tale changes by the day, his jobs change by the hour, and by the time you realize that his story doesn't quite line up, you realize that both he--and the better portion of your funds--are gone. He's hard to track, hard to pin down, and even harder to find again once you've lost him. The more perceptive people who have had the (dis)pleasure of coming across him might even say that he's running from something...

If you're interested, and have a character that you believe would fit snugly into the above lineup, feel free to start by reading over some of the lore here; it isn't too long, but if you're short on time, I'd recommend prioritizing the sections on Waygods, Magic and the Riftsea, and Peoples and Races.

That said, the character creation process is rather open; players are free to create new races and societies / civilizations if they see fit, so long as lore for said societies is included in the character sheet. There is also a discord chat for this roleplay; if accepted, you'll be given entry. If there are any questions, feel free to ask below!

Last edited:
Sign me up, glorious GM (I assume?) I've been looking for something like this, so once I've read through the lore, I'll get started up on a character and a few nations I have pre-made... sort of.

Quick Question, am I allowed to use 2 characters?

At present, I'm keeping things at one per person, though this question has been asked by a few other people, so I've been thinking of allowing individual guest characters / temporary party members from time to time. Probably not at the outset though, unless there's a compelling story reason for it. I'm always open to hearing things out!

OK, thanks for answering calmly. Some people can get real offended like you're supposed to know an unspoken rule. I'll get on making my character now.

Are permanent spells a thing? Just a minor illumination spell permanently affixed above my character's head. Makes him resilient to cold. He doesn't really have any idea why it is there. I have read the lore, for the record.

Last edited:
Are permanent spells a thing? Just a minor illumination spell permanently affixed above my character's head. Makes him resilient to cold. He doesn't really have any idea why it is there. I have read the lore, for the record.

Is there any particular reason behind-the-scenes for it being there?

Also, only telling people about 6/13 of the characters is a little bit misleading lol. I'm still up for this, though.

Also, only telling people about 6/13 of the characters is a little bit misleading lol. I'm still up for this, though.

The other characters are no longer present in the roleplay, so there was no reason to mention them.

Got space for 1 more?

I'll allow space for one more person, sure! After that, though, I'll likely close up applications for the time being.

Oh, that makes more sense.
Yeah... some... accidents might of occured and they are currently not present. Don't worry about it, its nothing important to know about. That and those who dig too deep and ask too many questions have been known to disappear as well.

Yeah... some... accidents might of occured and they are currently not present. Don't worry about it, its nothing important to know about. That and those who dig too deep and ask too many questions have been known to disappear as well.

*Wordlessly digs a ditch six feet wide.*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back