• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking for GM for Solo Game

Arynne

Salmon of Doubt
So, rather than keep creating characters for troupe games that never go anywhere, I'm gonna ask around here and see if I can find someone to run a game just for me. I really, really want to actually have my character's background, hooks, and history explored as well, which is hard to have happen in a game of 6 or 7 people. Here are some of the characters/stories I'd like to play:

Aileen Jonson, gamer from our world lost in Creation.
Aileen.jpg
If possible, I'd like to continue a story she was part of some years ago, whose cliffhanger has always left me itching for more.

Maria Anna d'Este, a bastard daughter of the Marquis of Ferrara:
Raphael Portrait.jpg
She has been invited to a fete at the house of her suitor, Claudius Giovani, unaware his purposes for her are far from matrimonial...

The Astounding Mercuria, (a.k.a. Mercedes Herrera) Dougal sidhe and Las Vegas magician:
1586477557049.png
She gets caught up in the falconing, frolicking and scheming surrounding the wedding negotiations for the heir of the Duchy of Good Fortune (Nevada).

Silvia Orfeo, an Ecstatic cellist:
1586475397888.png
She has close ties with the satyrs and a missing Mentor to find.

Ashen Thunder, the dynamic duo of a royal warstrider (Spring Thunder) and his plucky teenage pilot (Ash).
1586475820540.png
She works equally well as a scavenger in the Time of Tumult, trying to repair the lost technology of the First Age, or as a naive newcomer to the dirty politics of the Era of Dreams (which I've long wanted to play).

Lily Milliner, a quiet, scholarly Giovanni, somewhat older than the average Embrace and little regarded by her family:
1586476853923.png
She's a taphophile or "tombstone tourist", endlessly fascinated by cemeteries and inscriptions.

Mariana Sullivan, Scion of a Death God who becomes a forensic pathologist: she might be a daughter of Baron Samedi (under 1st Edition rules) or Sònpònná (under 2nd Edition rules) or Anpu.
1586477198670.png
A variation for a historical setting makes her the daughter of Hel and an Allied soldier, struggling against institutional sexism and her family's grim disapproval.

An Amenti would-be artist who venerates the classics, bonded with a great 18th Dynasty sculptor who is fascinated by the possibilities of modern media. ("...soup cans? Really? And why do I keep finding myself buying manga when I meant to get a book on Florence?"

An unVisited Scion of Cheeby-aub-Oozoo who doesn't yet understand why she has trouble forming relationships with people. Her giant wolf-dog, adopted from a shelter, is her only real friend.

A struggling middle- or high school teacher who keeps a sharp look out for signs of magic among her students and protects them from those who would exploit or attack them (could be a Hermetic mage or a Scion of Wisdom)

A changeling descendant of Palamedes - either Scathach, eshu, or one of the new Middle Eastern kiths in the C20 Players' Guide - who hunts the Questing Beast.

A lawyer Scion of Hera who bears a suspicious resemblance to Elle from Legally Blonde. She has a law practice focused on women's issues and Amazon paralegals. Tremble, adulterous men, for your cash, assets and visitation rights. And sexual harassers and predators had better pray the police find them first.

...does any of this look promising story fodder to any would-be GMs out there?

In another level of reality, higher then any known to even the Primordials, a being of immense power stares at a swirling portal wondering. It sees past the boundaries of time and space and sees the dark end coming to creation. While normally it would not care for such lesser beings the end of creation would remove one of it's favorite sources of entertainment. Yet, chaos, yes add a bit of chaos into the orderly march to doom and it could be entertaining. Why just the waves would entertain it for a few centuries. It turns it's gaze at the multi-verse. Considering it debates pulling a legend from another world. Suddenly the being smiles. Yes that would be a truly chaotic way to mix things up.

Also it's from one of the boring 'verses so nothing truly great is lost from pulling them.

On earth a series of letters are sent out from White Wolf publishing. The lucky winners would receive a fully paid trip to a special convention held in honor of Exalted. Even as the beings it chose begin to get ready for the special event the being smiles as he waits to close the trap.

The con was one of the best con experiences you've ever had. It seemed as if it was almost custom made as a reward to you. This is the thought that rings through all of your minds. The other thought most likely is anticipation of what is to come that evening. A special game run by White Wolf. Supposedly your characters are going to be either the new canon circle or simply important characters.

Walking into the room you set your various bags of goodies you've found around the con that day. Larger pieces of costumes also taken off for comfort as you are show the personal bar for your enjoyment. The chairs are comfortable even if the chair for the GM looks more like a tacky throne then anything sensible. The door opens and in walks someone who either is John de Lancie or managed to pull off an amazing Q costume. He quickly sits in the throne almost lounging with an amused look on his face. “Sit and relax. Let me open up with congratulating you fine monkeys. Today is the start of a new adventure. One of daring, of adventure, of…oh, you know that routine. Still...have fun--and careful about who you trust.” Even as those words are spoken a flash of light blinds you all.

When your eyesight clears moments later you are no longer in the room. Or more you the room is no longer in the building and the walls are now gone. A soft glow snaps your attention back to the table as you see balls of lights sitting on the table. They seem to surround some sort of shard. You can barely make out writing on it. It looks familiar, hauntingly familiar even as they spike with light and slam into each of your chests.

The next moment is an awakening. You feel empowered. Uplifted. Enlightened. Emotions and feelings rush through you so fast you can almost not comprehend them. You start to see something. Something you know will truly be magnificent. Even as this thing starts to rise above the horizon for you to view a hash of white fills the area. You see your GM's smug face. “Sorry no enlightening messages for you today. That just wouldn't be fair.”

The next moment you are sitting back at the table you see on your fellow players heads...caste marks. You notice in the distance a mountain rising impossibly high even as the sounds of the forest fill the air...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back