• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Looking for artists/ roleplayers to help design a Pokemon region from scratch!

Foster

Inheritor
Hey there, thanks for taking the time to check this out!

I'm Foster, a 22 year old male from England and currently enrolled in animal behavioral studies. Long story short, I love Pokémon. This series has had a grip on me since I was 7, when I managed to get my grubby little mitts on a copy of Pokémon Emerald and got lost in the world of battle capable monsters. And this was despite the fact it took me months to realize you could save the game... Anyway on to the interest check itself.

So I've seen plenty of Pokémon roleplays on here but never one designed from the ground up by its players, which is what I want to attempt here. Fakemon (Fan made Pokémon for those of you unfamiliar with the term) are one of my favorite things about the Pokémon community and I feel like most fans of the series have at least attempted to make a pocket monster from scratch. I was hoping to get a small group together that would collaborate on creating a region and populating it with fakemon (As well as canon Pokémon of course) that would then provide the setting for a roleplay. I have a couple of old fakemon ready to go for this but would prefer to work on the region as a group, with everybody pitching in ideas.

Now a little disclaimer, I'm a middling artist at best so nothing to worry about if you're in a similar position! Even if you have no drawing ability what so ever but think you'd enjoy helping with world building and have lots of ideas to bring to the table then feel free to get involved.

I do have a few rules when it comes to applicants:

• 18+ players, sorry to those of you who are younger but I just don't feel comfortable roleplaying with minors.
  • Multiple paragraphs per post (Of course sometimes smaller posts are all that's needed but even then I feel like 2 paragraphs is a reasonable minimum).
  • Literate.
  • Open to OOC, even if it is just about planning the roleplay.
  • Active at least once a week (Sometimes extended absences might be necessary and that's fine as long as you shoot me a message to let me know you'll be gone).
I believe that's it, looking forward to hearing from people so feel free to drop a message on here or shoot me a DM!

Just to clarify there, Foster, do you intend to build the region first and then launch the roleplay itself, or do you want to create it mid-play?

As I am an aspiring cartographer and would love to draw a map for the region, as well as love worldbuilding in general and I'm just curious as to how you wish to achieve this.

My bad, I should have been more clear on that in my initial post.

The plan is indeed to build the region first, then launch the roleplay once it is created :)

Having a cartographer aboard would be excellent, just the kind of thing I'm after!

The plan is indeed to build the region first, then launch the roleplay once it is created :)

Fantastic! I love working on projects. Even if I somehow can't participate in the RP itself, I'd love to help out!

Shoot me a DM and we can work something out!

A cooperative, group-effort, Pokemon-oriented, world-building sesh? Well, if that doesn't check all boxes I don't know what will. I have some experience with worldbuilding. Large and smaller scale. Not huge on animal behavior, but I do know a bit about plantlife and geography!

I'd love to help out, IF I'm not asked to draw anything ;D

I can create the pokemon, (ish), by drawing, but, you'll need to tell me the ideas. I can't create the region, but I can create creatures! I actually already have, like, 60 Creatures already made! Just...some aren't child-friendly (Scary), so I'll need to cut them out!

We'd be happy to have you aboard! And no need to lift a pen/pencil/mouse cursor if you don't want to, I'll carry the drawings myself if I have to.

Although I'm praying somebody better comes along to help me out on that front XD

We'd be happy to have you aboard! And no need to lift a pen/pencil/mouse cursor if you don't want to, I'll carry the drawings myself if I have to.

Although I'm praying somebody better comes along to help me out on that front XD
I love drawing creatures! I'm happy to help! I only draw on Paper, so, sorry if they're hard to see!

I've been working on my own Fakemon Roleplay that takes place in a magic medieval fantasy setting! I am creating a full map for it, along with a full fledged custom Poke dex and multiple information and lore pages that describe the environment and all of the history of its inhabitants! It will be a fully fleshed out campaign once I finish, though it will take a bit of time since I am building all of it on my own, but I would love to help out if you need some guidance or would like a co-partner! I've really been trying to find that one good Pokemon Roleplay that can satisfy my itch for creativity and adventure, so I'm always down for a unique Fakemon concept!

Wow that sounds fascinating, I'd love to take a look at that if given the chance!

Sounds like your experience is just the kind of thing we need, I'd love to have you help out where you can although I don't want to eat into the time your devoting to your own region.

Wow that sounds fascinating, I'd love to take a look at that if given the chance!

Sounds like your experience is just the kind of thing we need, I'd love to have you help out where you can although I don't want to eat into the time your devoting to your own region.
Oh, no worries! I'm taking my time developing everything since it's a side project that I don't want to rush, and I know I can work on it whenever I wish to do so. I actually prefer to work with other people as it motivates me more, and I'm still looking for a Roleplay to actually take part in to curb my itch for Pokemon and writing.

This is a very cute idea, even without the roleplaying I can just see this being a fun group in general!

EDIT: Forgot to mention I happen to have several fakemon concept arts made and ready to be used and shared!

Last edited:
I love drawing creatures! I'm happy to help! I only draw on Paper, so, sorry if they're hard to see!
I'd love your help on this! For the longest time I've been wanting to make a Fire/Grass Type based on the Gloriosa Flame Lily. I could never get into the details of it without having an idea of its appearance.

Heya! I'm in love with this idea, though unfortunately I'm not an artist, but I really enjoy world building and I know a lot about music... not sure if that helps but it's something XD.

Either way I'd love to put my hat into the ring for this project as well if possible!

Worldbuilding is so much easier for me with the right ambiance to listen to! It sets the feeling for what you're trying to create.

Right, I'm super pleased to see the attention this is getting and will happily find a place for all of you on this project!

I'll set up a discord to help organise things if that works for all of you?

Right, I'm super pleased to see the attention this is getting and will happily find a place for all of you on this project!

I'll set up a discord to help organise things if that works for all of you?
Same here, I think discord usually turns out better.

This sounds super interesting! I’m an artist and I’d love to help create some fakemon. I draw digitally most of the time, so perhaps I could refine/organize everyone’s fake Pokémon together for easy reference? I’d also be happy to draw up maps or maybe even references for cities/towns/gyms etc.

PS: I plan on joining the discord server, but my connection is so bad right now it won’t load, so it’ll have to wait until later. C:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back