• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking for an RP partner (fandom or original)

Feli

Baby linguist
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hii. :ghostv: While I'm not new to rpnation, I'm still relatively new to roleplay. I would like to start my journey with some fun 1x1 roleplays – please reply or PM me if you're interested! My interest in RP has been revived recently because I've gotten into Dimension 20. I also thought this would be a good opportunity to practice writing before my creative writing elective next semester.

About Me
  • 21 years old
  • he/him
  • Uni student, studying linguistics and anthropology
  • GMT+10 but with a varied sleep schedule
  • Bi, slightly prefer writing queer characters
  • I have a tendency to write a lot, 2 paragraphs minimum
  • I am pretty busy so I definitely won't be able to rp every day, but I'll try to keep you updated on my availability : )
  • Ghost friendly - don't feel pressured to continue rp!! And feel free to take long breaks!!

I will add some writing samples here later so you can get an idea of my writing style!

About You
  • Must be 18+
  • Comfortable with queer themes and LGBTQ+ characters (though you do not have to write any yourself)
  • Highly preferred that you write detailed replies containing 2+ paragraphs (there is no upper limit)

About the Roleplay
Original
I’ve written some story ideas plus a list of topics and game mechanics I’m usually interested in if you want to create a different original story. Click on the spoiler tag to display the story ideas! :ghostv:

Topics and mechanics I'm interested in: high fantasy, politics, enemies-to-lovers, complicated/twisted relationship dynamics, constructing languages, university, secret relationships, introspective / character-focused stories, revolution & rebellion, royalty, isekai, time travel, unreliable narrators, mental health, fairytales, mythology, steampunk, idols & fame, adventures, many interconnected characters and plots, lots of worldbuilding for different cultures, magic systems, stat building, nation building, dice, and dnd.

Arranged Political Marriage (Fantasy)
Two rival kingdoms on the brink of war decide to arrange a political marriage between their heirs, forcing the two characters to navigate their strained relationship while dealing with political intrigue. Would like to include fantasy races and magic.

Onstage and Offstage Personas (actors or idols)
Explores an ambiguous relationship between actors or idols who must navigate their complicated feelings for each other. The ambiguity arises from the stark contrast between their offstage and onstage personas. If they are actors, their characters in the play or movie they're working on are deeply in love. If they are idols, they are a highly popular ship, often participating in fanservice to cater to their adoring fans. As they develop feelings for each other (or perhaps one of them has had feelings for much longer), it becomes harder to distinguish between what is real or acting.

Rebellion
Two characters who have been close friends find themselves at odds when their society undergoes sudden and drastic changes. As their world shifts, one of them advocates for violent and revolutionary action in response, while the other believes in effecting change through peaceful resistance and working within the system. These stark ideological differences drive a wedge between them, especially since they are not equals under the new oppressive regime. Friends-to-enemies-to-lovers. Can be in a fantasy setting. (Inspired mostly by Code Geass and somewhat by Babel).

Royalty/spy
A forbidden romance blossoms between the rightful heir to the throne and a skilled spy working undercover for the rebellion. The spy, leveraging the heir's trust, gathers valuable information about the corrupt nobility to aid the rebellion's cause. However, as unexpected emotions surface, the spy finds themselves entangled in a dilemma they never anticipated: they have fallen deeply in love with the royal heir. The heir could really have any personality — they could be frustratingly ignorant but eventually support the rebels' cause, impossibly kind despite the cruel rule of their parents, or an intellectual who is aware of the corruption and secretly plots to overthrow their parents (unbeknownst to the spy).

Steampunk
The magical reserves that have been maintaining the world after the mysterious disappearance of magic centuries ago are running out. Reports come of floating islands falling into the abyss and magical creatures dying without the necessary magical energy to sustain them. Simultaneously, whispers ripple through the populace, carrying tales of a man who conjures sparks at will, a girl capable of freezing water with a mere thought, a boy whose drawings spring to life upon the pages, and a myriad of other accounts that defy logical explanation. Are these rumours just the product of naive hope in a dying world, or is magic truly returning? With these rumours a prophecy is born — an ancient artifact that holds great power is bringing change to the world we know, and it could very well fill the world with magic once again. Adventurers, pirates, scholars, and politicians participate in an intense race to verify the existence of this artifact and harness its powers... to save the world? Or do some perhaps have other intentions? Multiple characters and storylines. Set in a world with flying ships, floating islands, and magical creatures/races. I would play multiple characters and GM, possibly incorporating other game features alongside narration, like dice rolls for combat.

Damsel in distress
Following the typical story of a knight venturing to save a princess locked up in a tower, our hero discovers upon reaching the tower that she has already died. Crestfallen, the hero prepares to return home, but he is not alone in the tower. He is either prevented from leaving, realises he is being watched and stays, or makes it home but unknowingly brings something magical with him. In any case, he finds out that the damsel/princess has become a ghost. Despite the gendering in the description, characters can be any gender (f/f, f/m, m/m) – someone plays the damsel, someone plays the hero.

Alternative story: two male rivals fall for each other as they compete to save the princess from the tower first.

Isekai
The character gets transported into a fantasy world. I haven't thought about this in detail yet, but I think it would be a fun opportunity for in-depth worldbuilding. I would like to GM. It could be adventure focused with skills, levels, and XP, and you essentially spawn as a level 1 adventurer in a fantasy, game-like world. Or it could be more romance focused and/or like the being reborn as a villainess trope.

Fandom
Below are some of the fandoms I'm in, what types of stories I'd be willing to RP within the fandom, and any particular ships. There are forgotten or obscure fandoms I haven’t listed, so you can always ask even if a fandom isn’t listed here.

Hunter x Hunter
This is my favourite anime! I am okay with anything - it can be just OC, canon and OC, or only canon characters. My main ship is Killua x Gon, I'm okay with side Leorio x Kurapika but wouldn't RP a story centred around their ship. I think a HxH fanfic would be fun with other game mechanics like dice and stats, as well.

Hunger Games
Most interested in OCs without including canons. However, would be willing to explore a canon divergence plot with exclusively canon characters if it peaked my interest. Haven't read The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes yet.

Naruto
I think Naruto is a great world for OCs so that's what I usually gravitate toward, though I'm fine with or without canons existing and interacting with the OCs. My major ship is Gaara x Naruto, though I am fine with Sakura x Naruto and Hinata x Naruto (I dislike how their relationship was resolved in the series, but she was my favourite character alongside Gaara as a kid). I think it would be fun to implement game mechanics related to levels, xp, skills, etc. Side note that I never finished Shippuden because it was still coming out when I was watching it, but I would likely rewatch Naruto if I got into an RP for it.

Durarara!!
While writing an OC for Durarara!! would be fun and I'm very willing, I'm mainly interested in Shinra x Izaya because there is such a dearth of Shinzaya fanfics. </3

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
I think I would be most interested in a story centred on OCs without any canon characters (or at least, even if they still exist within the universe, they do not play a big role)!

Hannibal
Only interested in RPing Will x Hannibal.

Babel by R.F. Kuang
I would probably just RP this for Ramy x Robin. This is my favourite book.

Code Geass
Probably just for Suzaku x Lelouch, though I am happy to have a wider plot instead of only focusing on their relationship.

Ouran High School Host Club
I think most OHSHC RPs are canon x OC, which I'm fine with doing! My favourite character is Kaoru.

Future Diary
An AU that uses the plot of Future Diary, but with original characters participating in the game instead of canon.

Harry Potter
I'm not actually in this fandom, but I think it makes a good universe for RPs. My wizardly knowledge would have to rely upon the wiki because I never finished the books.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back