Advice/Help Looking for an RP "co-writer"

MagentaDreams

A garbage can. But it's pretty cute
EXPLANATION
So I love making RPs, developing universes and lore for an RP in particular. I have a real passion for this, and have filled up many, many text files just for RPs that I've never even got around to starting. However, every time I write out an idea I have for an RP universe, I always run into some kind of frustrating problem with it. Sometimes it's a huge plot hole that fundamentally ruins the premise of the RP that I can't figure out how to reconcile, sometimes I have trouble figuring out how the universe I've written will actually function as an RP, or sometimes I need to come up with something for a certain aspect of a universe but I straight up just can't think of anything. In short, I kinda feel like the George Lucas of RPs: I can come up with tons of crazy ideas that have potential, but I'm really terrible at actually turning them into something worth releasing and I need someone else's help in refining my ideas

WHO/WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR
To put it simply, I'm trying to find someone here who can function as a sort of "co-writer" for my RPs. Someone who can look at some of my rough draft RP ideas, help me work out the kinks and/or further develop my ideas into something that's workable as a fully developed RP. Of course, I intend for us to work together and discuss ideas between each other, I'm not asking you to just do all the work yourself, haha. Preferably I'd also like someone who is friendly and is easy to get along with as well obviously (though I realize that might be asking for a lot, beggars can't be choosers as they say)

MY RP STYLE AND PREFERENCES
First of all, I only do group RPs (I don't think I've ever even done a 1x1 RP before, in fact). The type of RPs I like to make are usually in the vein of action/adventure, and I tend to go for a fairly light tone with a fun, pulpy, out-of-the-frying-pan-into-the-fire kind of storytelling vibe. I gravitate towards "genre" RPs, as in RPs that take an established type of story or setting (medieval fantasy, cyberpunk, space opera, etc) and intentionally play up the tropes and cliches associated with that type of setting. I also tend to make a lot of RPs with an anime style/aesthetic (mostly shounen anime, which is probably not very surprising lol). The RPs that I'm currently actively working on (and having trouble with) are:

A space opera RP, inspired by Halo, Starcraft, Star Wars and Gurren Lagann
A shounen anime tournament arc RP, inspired by shounen anime tournament arcs (obviously) and fighting games
A space western RP, inspired by Fallout: New Vegas
A comic book universe RP, inspired by the Marvel and DC comic book universes (and a little bit by the Marvel Cinematic Universe)

There are other RP ideas I have in mind, but I haven't given them too much thought or properly written them down yet. If you're interested in helping me or have any further questions, please feel free to respond in a post or a PM. Thanks for taking your time to read this ;3:

Last edited:
Hello, I'd be interested in a lot of the genres you just mentioned and I've also found myself looking for someome to brainstorm/bounce ideas off of. I definitely feel the part about calling your own plot holes and feeling stuck, been there, thrown that idea away.
Anyway lately I've been tossing around the idea of an Old Man logan style DC universe. The Justice league gets killed off, and the world gets divided up by villains. Anyway, I'd be super interested in being your creative partner so to speak :)

Ooh, I definitely understand the sort of problem you're having! It's one I've seen several of my friends go through, where the world is super diverse and exciting, but what principles should be set in place to provide a semblance of order to the story? Well, I can certainly lend you my assistance!

I believe I could be the person you're looking for, in that many people have referred to me as easy to talk with. I've also worked as a professional editor in my former college, so I have experience in analyzation which could prove useful.

To make things even better, I believe we use very similar roleplay styles, and even roleplay preferences! I'm more of a group roleplay person as well, and ones set with a fun premise that has edges of seriousness is my favorite. I'm most comfortable with adventure/action based stories, and cyberpunk settings are my favorite.

Anyways, I would love to work with you, but if not I hope you find a capable roleplay assistant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back