• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking for a writing buddy!

Writingel

You Must Be Out of this World
Hello! My name's Writingel, as you can probably infer, and I'm looking for some original roleplays. Fandom stuff is nice, but I'm generally looking to create a world and inhabit it with our own characters. I've put several hastily-scrawled together ideas down below, but we aren't necessarily limited to those - feel free to come with your own ideas, or to add any thoughts you might have onto the ones I put down there!

As for the particulars of what I'm looking for, I'm generally in the mood for a story with a decently big cast (though we only have to have one principle character each, if that makes it easier - the rest can just be supporting!), and a good story to put them through. While I lean on the more cynical side of storytelling, I don't really like going full grimdark - I think part of the fun of making things so down is the idea there is always something better on the other side. Romance isn't a must, as I'm always good with just purely platonic relationships, though I can't deny I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic as well.

As for the rules, I'm generally pretty easy going, and I'm ghost-friendly too! The rate of replies I'm generally looking for is once a week, something I will gladly and easily match, though if you aren't able to, just let me know! I like to think I'm fairly understanding about that stuff - we all have lives, after all. Word count isn't super important, a couple paragraphs that can advance the story are all I need, though the more words the better imo. And finally, I love brainstorming, for the world, the characters, the setting, all of it! So feel free to come at me with all your ideas!

(Also in terms of pairing, right now I'm feeling a MxM, but pairings of all shapes and sizes are welcome, and I won't turn down any you might have!)

One Night
A time-sensitive roleplay: as a warning, this one inherently can only go on for a limited amount of time.
A group of boys get together to spend one more night together, because the next day, for whatever reason, their group will be forcibly split apart. So, in an attempt to make the most of their limited time together, they elect to stay out all night and do whatever they want - after all, it's their last chance to do so as a unit.
This one will also require the playing of multiple characters, though we can work out if all of them should get equal narrative importance.

Eternal Winter
Set in a fantasy land where it's been winter as long as anybody knows, two people decide to make a trek to the fabled south - legend says, unlike their cold and desolate home, the south might hold a life where one can live, instead of simply survive. However, it's a journey spoken about in legend due to the treachery: indeed, those other few who made the attempt were never heard from again.
Whether because they never came back, or they perished along the way, the two decide it doesn't matter either way: if they're going to die, they may as well die trying to find something better.

Paranormal Investigation Group
More of an urban fantasy, this features a group of people who take it upon themselves to tackle all paranormal activity occuring around their city. However, as they're vigilantes, they are still generally operating outside the law, and thus have no real aid. In addition, its done on the members free time, which unfortunately means they have to balance all their personal lives, problems, and jobs with their duties as opponents of malevolent hauntings.

A World That Can't Remember
One day, somebody wakes up. The world seems the same - it looks the same, acts the same, even the history has always been the same. If it wasn't for one tiny detail, it would be the same.
The problem is that nobody recognizes them. Not their friends, and, if they had a partner, even they treat them like a total stranger. They aren't sure what happened, but with seemingly no way to undo whatever happened, they're forced to start from scratch, in just about every regard.

Living a Double Life
A more ambitious one, this one would involve someone gifted with the ability to purposefully transport themselves between two different worlds. Both worlds would have their own cast, and their own respective storylines. The central theme would be how this one person balances dividing their attention between these two entirely different worlds and the lives they lead in them, and ultimately, where they'd rather stay.

It's a Crossover!
Somehow, through some means, two separate universes are smashed together in some cataclysmic, cosmic event, and in the ensuing confusion, people find themselves not only confronting that their reality isn't the only one, but the life, the history, and even the rules of the one they just bumped into are very different. This one might requiring a lot of work, and it's mostly an experiment in just exploring the differing natures of two different realities, but it could be fun.

And those are the main ideas. Down below, I have a couple of just general pairings, ones we can either put into the above ideas, or develop a whole new story around them instead. Either way, they're mostly here for flavor text or free-thinking, rather than any concrete ideas.

Divine x Mortal
Superhero x Civilian
Tough x Gentle

Alien x Human

And that's pretty much it. Fair warning, I'll likely update this thread with more story ideas and pairings and stuff as they come to me, so just consider this a little template. Anyway, happy writing, and I hope to hear from some of you beautiful people soon!​

And you have wonderful ideas, and I do really like those ships - the first one could have so much drama

Hello! Are you still looking for a writing partner? I'm new to the site, mostly have only ever RP'd in games or with friends on Discord but lately I've been craving more and somehow landed here. Not sure how this works or how to get started but, I suppose let me know if you're interested!

Oh, hello! Sorry I missed your first post way back when - yes, I do do roleplays, and I'm still open for some!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back