• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Looking for a Detective themed rp!

Short Round

Just one of those things
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello!

I hope everyone's having a good day!

I've been experiencing a craving for a detective themed roleplay lately. Think Sherlock Holmes.

Romance isn't a must, but I'm completely open to it.

I don't have anything set in stone, so if you're interested, comment or shoot me a pm so we can talk it out. If you want to try a different plot idea, I'm up for that too.

A little bit about me
I'm a 19 year old dude, so I feel a little more comfortable roleplaying with those who are 18+. I like being able to incorporate darker stuff into my rp's.
Reply times will vary from daily, to once every 2-3 days. I'm busy with school and work, but I want to make time for this stuff.
Average response length will be about two to three paragraphs (500 words ish), but I'm fine with shorter responses if the situation, such as in dialogue, demands it. Please, just give me something to work with!
Lastly, I really hate getting ghosted. If you want to stop for any reason, just tell me.​

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Zatanna.
I have never done a detective / mystery roleplay before but it does sound interesting! If you are interested we could talk more about plot. I don't really have any plot ideas but I'm sure we can come up with something~
Let me know!

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Zatanna.
I have never done a detective / mystery roleplay before but it does sound interesting! If you are interested we could talk more about plot. I don't really have any plot ideas but I'm sure we can come up with something~
Let me know!
Hey, nice to meet you too! I'd definitely be interested in talking about figuring something out. Thanks for giving my post a read. :) I'll pm you.

I have a one on one detective story that becomes a horror story set in 1990's New York. It's definitely adult in nature, indeed I would hope it might become searingly so. The intro post is written for a female character, but I'd be happy to change it to a male character. I'm a lot older than you and I pull no punches.

Intro post:

2:45 PM July 12, 1999 – New York City

Sweltering summer. It says 96 degrees on the bank sign thermometers and the humidity is well over 90 percent. Reporters for the twenty four hour news shows are frying eggs on patches of blacktop. The wall mounted air conditioning units in the FBI field office are howling but it has to be over 8o degrees in the cubicle farm that has taken over the 23rd floor at the Federal Building in downtown New York. Tempers are short. Clothes are sticky. Special Agent Miranda Rees is pretty certain that several of the men are looking at her as if she has a piece of toilet paper stuck to her backside. She’s checked herself a couple of times in reflective surfaces, but as far as she can tell her wardrobe is unsullied. Then one of the executive assistants for the guys with corner offices clues her in.

“They’re taking bets that if it gets any hotter in here, they’ll be able to see your nipples through your blouse,” Gladys in Accounting whispers at the copier.

Fun aside, it’s a busy day in the city. Rumors of terrorist plots swirl in chat groups on the Internet. Organized crime low-lifes are selling their souls for a chance at redemption in the interrogation rooms in the basement, and there are rumors that the NYPD has a serial killer on their hands. There’s a healthy rivalry between the two police forces in the city and until they ask for help or the crimes cross state lines, the FBI has no jurisdiction over what happens on Manhattan Island. The rumors are unconfirmed.

“Rees! Get yer tight ass in here!”

Deputy Assistant Director Peter Dawes is middle aged, over weight and has been passed by on the promotion ladder so many times he knows he is not going any higher. It’s made him angry and petulant. He was always a sexist asshole even before his career collapsed. But he’s one of her bosses, and the effort of reporting him for harassment would ruin her own career as well.

At least his office is a good ten degrees cooler than the bullpen. So much for the chance of sweating through her clothing. She can almost hear the groans of disappointment behind her as she closes the door.

Dawes has been shunted aside to be a liaison with the NYPD. He’s not in charge of any of the inter-agency task forces that have been so successful in recent years, but he is the person the police contact when they have to involve the FBI in a local crime – usually because some aspect of the crime has crossed a state line and they need federal authority to access another police department’s records.

She’s a bit surprised he’s picked her to be his gopher. Her skills are more specialized than most and usually it would be one of the newly minted agents that would be dispatched to hold hands. Nevertheless, the relief from the drop in temperature is enough to make her receptive to what he has to say.

“Need a liaison in the Holland Tunnel,” he grunts, tossing a print out on the desk in front of her. “Several bodies. Nasty. Some in New York, some in New Jersey. Active scene. What the fuck are you still doing in my office?

The print out is a single sheet:

Detective Jake Morris, Canal Street Station, Broadway and Harris 3:30 PM (212) 678-3322

Users who are viewing this thread

Back