• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Lockheed Orphanage for the Supernaturally Gifted

I wanna have an oc who can turn on and off their "autopilot". This means that when autopilot is off, the oc has normal awareness. When it's on, then their mental presence isn't there, and can thus not be hypnotized/ mind controlled, but can't control what their body is doing. Is that okay as a power?

Last edited:
So, from what you described, you essentially wanna have the power to essentially switch your character's consciousness on and off? Kinda like how the brain has a manual switch for the Fight or Flight instinct?

I honestly can't wait, still got so many questions lol
Keep asking away. Honestly, if you reached a limit to what I want to reveal, I’ll let you know. I wanna give you guys a LOT of freedom to interact and play with the environment but that doesn’t mean there isn’t anything to “trigger” as an event or speed up or delay. It’s truly going to depend on how well you guys maneuver the challenges ahead. The whole idea for the warning system is literally there to act as a guide for how far you can push before really pushing your character into some true danger. Death IS a possibility so to avoid surprising anyone with it, I created this system to make sure you guys had a heads up for real issues. Outside of that, I genuinely hope you guys have a blast exploring the mysteries of the orphanage

So, now that we got the idea for the first portion of the layout, I have a second question. Are our characters new arrivals here, are they current residents, or should we try to make it a mix of both? Cause if some of us have been here awhile, one thing I think would be an interesting topic amongst the orphan players is determining friends/enemies and cliques amongst us, if that's an interesting thought to anyone else?
Your characters can be old vets or new arrivals! You’ll all be at the same starting point tho, at least in the sense that none of you have thought to start bending or breaking the rules until now. The starting event for the rp with the volunteer caretaker and orphan will give you guys an easy road to motives and desires to start pushing your boundaries (more on this later of course)

I wanna have an oc who can turn on and off their "autopilot". This means that when autopilot is off, the oc has normal awareness. When it's on, then their mental presence isn't there, and can thus not be hypnotized/ mind controlled, but can't control what their body is doing. Is that okay as a power?
Yes! This will be useful so long as they activate it on time! Many creatures operate around MADNESS, so it will certainly be useful but a moment too late, and well… ouch. Don’t worry, though, this isn’t relevant until you all reach the second, third, and especially the fourth floor. You have time.

Soon. But I’ll leave you in the suspense for now
I can live with that, lmfao. Is it a hard rule that if you're going for a Caretaker character, you can only play as that one character for the roleplay, especially if its to 'fill' the roster out? Or would you be open to letting those RPers make Orphans somewhere along the line too?

So you all are aware, MADNESS, will only affect the Caretakers directly. The orphans are generally safe from the effects of this… half-disease. But as the caretakers incur more MADNESS, the more troublesome the task becomes for the orphans. In a way, the orphans and the caretakers will be pitted against each other, but it also in the interest of the two groups to work together if either of them hope to survive. The Owner is merciless. She will torture everyone with the most excruciating character and moral choices. I’ll see to it that this happens…

I can live with that, lmfao. Is it a hard rule that if you're going for a Caretaker character, you can only play as that one character for the roleplay, especially if its to 'fill' the roster out? Or would you be open to letting those RPers make Orphans somewhere along the line too?
It is possible that later on in the game, caretaker writers will be able to create orphan character. As I have it though, you will be unable to cross create so to speak. This is justified purely cause I wanna make sure orphans and caretakers are divorced from each other knowledge wise for as long as possible. You will most certainly have a ridiculously unfair advantage if you have access to both orphan and caretaker knowledge so to be on the safe side of metagaming, I’ll keep y’all separate FOR NOW. It can change in the future depending on how the story develops

It is possible that later on in the game, caretaker writers will be able to create orphan character. As I have it though, you will be unable to cross create so to speak. This is justified purely cause I wanna make sure orphans and caretakers are divorced from each other knowledge wise for as long as possible. You will most certainly have a ridiculously unfair advantage if you have access to both orphan and caretaker knowledge so to be on the safe side of metagaming, I’ll keep y’all separate FOR NOW. It can change in the future depending on how the story develops
Good to know! I definitely agree, its best not to 'cross-contaminate', at least not until we have our bearings. What is the 'literacy' requirement btw for this? Is it semi-advanced literate, etc;?

Ah, following a similar system with Darkest Dungeon, affliction wise, adding a madness system, I like it. Quick question, which war are you exactly referring to? Im assuming WW1?

Good to know! I definitely agree, its best not to 'cross-contaminate', at least not until we have our bearings. What is the 'literacy' requirement btw for this? Is it semi-advanced literate, etc;?
Theres no hard requirement for literacy but do your best to correct any typos, spelling, grammar and whatnot. If anyone is genuinely trying to improve their writing, I’m open to any questions and I’m sure the rest of us are happy to chip in!

Ah, following a similar system with Darkest Dungeon, affliction wise, adding a madness system, I like it. Quick question, which war are you exactly referring to? Im assuming WW1?
Bingo. The war being referenced is indeed WW1. Being contemporary with Lovecraft’s writing so clue you guys in on some stuff hehe

CHARACTER SHEETS ARE HERE. This is just for y’all to start thinking about. Don’t post any CS’ yet, I’ll be posting the official RP thread early next week:

FOR ORPHANS

Appearance:

Name:

Personality:

Oddity (this is your power):

Hobbies and Interests:

Backstory (Fill it in with the story of your parents dying in the war and you arriving to the orphanage. What was this experience like for your character?):

Historical note- WW1 lasted from 1914-1918 so keep in mind your character age. The present year at the start of the RP is 1926.

Trauma Points (What are your character’s greatest fears?):

Other:

FOR CARETAKERS

Appearance:

Name:

Personality:

Oddity (this is your power):

Hobbies and Interests:

Backstory (What was your life before the orphanage?):

Trauma Points:

Other:

Hey I'm definitely interested! I'm more than happy to play either a lovely lil caretaker or to fill out the roster of cannon fodder innocent orphan children

Users who are viewing this thread

Back