• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Lockheed Orphanage for the Supernaturally Gifted

A.I.S.H.A.

Artificial Integrated Social Human Algorithm

Welcome to Lockheed Orphanage
for the Supernaturally Gifted

download (2).jpg

Well, it seems they've left you no choice. You watch the old stone walls and dark tiles grow as the car approached the orphanage. You stuff your hands into your pockets because the thread bare gloves do little for you in November of 1926. Your parents died in the war. Your mother was a nurse and father was a soldier. In fact, it was the same story for everyone in that orphanage. In a way, its what allowed you all to bond at Lockheed. But that wasn't the only reason you were here. Some time ago, amidst bouncing from from orphanage to the next, you realized something wasn't quite right with you. It started small, but you began to realize you had abilities that no other person could possibly have. Be it moving objects with your mind or starting fires with the snap of your fingers, all of you wound up meeting with a bigwig in a fancy suit and off you went to Durham, England. It was more like a few kilometers outside of Durham proper but it was close enough.

Nevertheless, when you arrived, you were met with caretakers who took your coat and cooked you a warm meal. There really wasn't much to complain about so long as you followed the rules:

1. 9pm Curfew.
2. First Floor ONLY.
3. Go to Morning and Afternoon Class
4. Stay within property grounds

Seems simple enough. It was almost sad that children only stayed for a few years. The youngest were 14 years old and on your 18th birthday, you were sent off into the world with a smile and wave. We would never hear from those who left but something about the orphanage not being listed with a mailing address, said the caretakers. No one had any family to send write letters to anyway.

Some days were happy and uneventful. You woke up, went to class, ate and went back to bed. Maybe some of the older kids stole a bottle of whiskey from the kitchen and you'd eventually get caught after someone knocked a lamp over. But some days felt lacking. Some days, you wondered about the world. Life was nice here, certainly better than what other orphanages around England offered. But was it really worth giving up all your freedom? It was only for a few years, you told yourself. Once you were 18, you'd be free to go wherever the wind took you. Better take the warm meals and cozy beds while they're free.

One thing always did strike you as odd. Who was the Owner? The orphanage was owned by a single woman whose portrait rested right in the foyer and it gave just about everyone the creeps. For good reason:

1A474250-54AB-4E2B-8C93-03A21895C29F.jpeg

Her stare would make anyone's hair stand on end. The Caretakers always said she got her scars from the war but what sort of bullet made scars like that? Too many questions were always met with vague answers, if there was any answer at all but it did do one thing well. It made sure everyone was on board with following the rules (to a certain extent). You guessed she lived in the upper floors. It would explain the footsteps you heard above you sometimes at night but the question still lingered. Who was she? Was she some government official or, as some joked, a sort of mad villain with plans for world domination? One thing was certain, however. There were some curious secrets in the orphanage and any mention of such secrets were quickly stamped out by the Caretakers. Leave it to a couple of teenagers to cause trouble.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This RP will have two roles available to play.

The first is Orphan
The second is Caretaker

If you want to play as an Orphan, you are free to make as many orphan characters as you'd like but you cannot make a Caretaker character.
If you want to play as a Caretaker, you can only play that character.

The reason for this is because this will be a mystery game of sorts. A game of Cat and Mouse and a terrifying Third Thing. That Thing being the Owner.
There is a sinister plot behind the orphanage and its purpose and it is up to you to find out what that is without being caught.

The Orphans will have 1 power available for them in the character sheet. Of course, nothing too overpowered will be allowed. As mentioned previously, telepathy and fire starting are some good examples. It is important to remember that you have also just gotten these powers. Unless you are among the older kids, such powers are unstable or have room to grow. Just something to keep in mind.

As for the Caretakers, do not worry. You will also have 1 power available to you and as you are full grown adults, you have a bit more legroom to work with as far as powers go. Again, all this can be discussed during the creation of your character.

Because this is a mystery rp with a heavy emphasis on keeping secrets, orphans and caretakers will be told different pieces of information at the start of the rp. Hence why I am leaving it so that Caretakers and Orphan writers remain on either side of the cat and mouse game.

As far as backgrounds/ backstories go, you are welcome to come up with one of your own that talks about your life prior to coming to the orphanage. Keep in mind that all Orphans and all Caretakers will have a similar backstory in relation to coming to the orphanage itself. The Orphan story is detailed above and the Caretaker one will be given after a CS has been accepted.

Last but not least, I need to cover the stakes. The final tag for this RP is horror. Your character can fall into very real danger if they slip up whilst breaking the rules. This goes for both Caretakers and Orphans. There will be certain notices that I will place under your post to let you know if the Owner has stirred. What does that mean? Well...:

For Orphans:

Something is lurking nearby...

Something is very close...

Fairly self-explanatory. Your character will sense that and you are free to move forward as you wish. It will serve as a warning that pressing further will incur some sort of danger for you and if you are caught. Well... don't... or pray that one of the Caretakers finds you in time. The first yellow warning means you'll need to be careful. The second red warning is a sign that you've been noticed, spotted, or seen.

For Caretakers:

The Owner is Not Present

The Owner is Watching...
The Owner is Listening...

The Owner is Displeased...

The specifics of this will be discussed once I get some folks checked in and it looks like this could be something worth pursuing.

This is one more system regarding
MADNESS that will be applying only to caretakers but orphans will not know the specifics of it just to keep some things wrapped in mystery

As far as orphanage layout goes, I'll be putting that together in the mean time! Let me know if you guys are interested I would love to see how many folks are down for this sort of thing!

GREAT NEWS ALL!!! The official RP threads are up and you are free to start posting Character Sheets! Fantasy - The Case of Lockheed Orphanage for the Supernaturally Gifted

The Discord Channel is ready! Here is the link for you all to join: Join the Lockheed Orphanage for the Supernaturally Gifted Discord Server!

DUE TO A HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICANTS, THE RP IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Last edited:
Alright, I'll ask this question first, what kinds of powers are we limiting to, perse?
Well, it’s pretty wide open so long as it’s tempered. Most people I find choose a big súper power and then tack on limitations after the fact. You’d find more success just going for a minor super power that offers more utility than actual raw power. Snap your fingers to start a fire on your fingertips like a candle. Being able to mold a substance like playdo, nightvision, camouflage, foresight, etc. don’t do much in the way of raw power but can help you solve a problem or hide if needed.

My advice? Raw power won’t do you any good. It’ll just put you in hard mode because they usually solve problems in a loud and messy fashion which does little in the way of subtlety. Utility would be best. If you want to, say, breath fire that could burn down a whole forest, I’d probably tell you to tune it down to maybe starting a campfire instead. So, utility > might

Hope this helps!

Well, it’s pretty wide open so long as it’s tempered. Most people I find choose a big súper power and then tack on limitations after the fact. You’d find more success just going for a minor super power that offers more utility than actual raw power. Snap your fingers to start a fire on your fingertips like a candle. Being able to mold a substance like playdo, nightvision, camouflage, foresight, etc. don’t do much in the way of raw power but can help you solve a problem or hide if needed.

My advice? Raw power won’t do you any good. It’ll just put you in hard mode because they usually solve problems in a loud and messy fashion which does little in the way of subtlety. Utility would be best. If you want to, say, breath fire that could burn down a whole forest, I’d probably tell you to tune it down to maybe starting a campfire instead. So, utility > might

Hope this helps!

Cool, then the power I have in mind is more than viable in this situation lol.

Im starting to get an idea for the layout of the mansion and I’ll be posting more on that soon. As far as info on Caretakers go, I’ll share more in the CS’ which will also come soon. Orphans and Caretakers will have two separate ones I believe.

As far as how the RP will be structured, it will be mostly free-range! I want to give you guys lots of freedom to interact, especially at the beginning.

Breakfast, Morning Class, Lunch, Afternoon Class, Free Exercise, Dinner, Bed

Will be the general order of things and your character is basically allowed to do whatever and go wherever.

As far as Owner activity goes, she will be more active as more of the orphans and/or caretakers begin to stretch the boundaries of what’s allowed.

I suppose later I could also share the RP’s opening event. I’ll Probably pick a volunteer Orphan and Caretaker for that opening event. To give you a hint (not really): Someone goes missing ;)

I volunteer not to get the volunteer lol, kinda wanna set my character up to get a kind of guide for some of the fellow orphans to be fully honest

Might be interested in playing as an orphan ^^ I have a basic idea for an ability but I’ll think it over some more

Def gonna be an older orphan who is a bully 😏
this you?

spider-man3-tobey-maguire.gif

Lmfao but fr, love it. I'm probably gonna for a caretaker that's gonna be the embodiment of "don't do school, stay in drugs, kids"

HIYA FOLKS. I BRING TO YOU SOME NEWS:

I went about planning the layout for the FIRST floor of Lockheed Orphanage to give you guys a better idea of where you’ll be living in. Note: I will post all this stuff up in the RP info threads and in Discord once I’ve got that going.

So here goes!

19C49541-D1B0-488B-9E68-30D20827D02A.jpeg

Entrance/Foyer: When you walk into Lockheed, you are met by this room. It is also central to all the other rooms on the first floor. Simple enough yeah? Not quite.

There’s a staircase here. The only one in the orphanage in fact. If you tried to run the stairs and reach the second floor, you just… can’t. The stairs end abruptly by a wall, a ceiling, or don’t end at all, spiraling infinitely upwards and when you turn around, you find yourself back at the bottom of the stairs.

67EE8D96-CD78-4360-83A8-C4B780F468AC.jpeg
7BF0CBC6-2A32-4B0C-A57C-0A08B38A7EF7.jpeg

The Library: Ok so I lied. There is one other staircase in the first floor but the library has no doors on its second floor. Only more books on bookshelves. Here you can enjoy all sorts of stories collected from centuries past. There are some new books though! The Great Gatsby was recently published by an American author and it’s been critically acclaimed by many papers. It should prove an interested read at least.

0160D3EE-90C6-4509-B3D3-DC8FC380AE58.jpeg

The Dining Hall: This is for supper. Gather here when dinner has been prepared or risk losing your chance to eat!

13D33A78-1BCC-4734-B661-9015DAC956FD.jpeg

The Breakfast Hall: Located on the opposite wing of the orphanage and closer to the bedrooms, the Breakfast Hall is a more comfortable setting for both the morning and afternoon meals. It’s more casual setting is far less strict than the Dining Hall. While you risk missing dinner if you aren’t on time, you can generally come here to eat at any point in the day so long as one of the caretakers happen to be operating in the kitchen.

14AE2081-8C9A-4302-B014-D081A38500D2.jpeg

The Kitchen: Self-explanatory! All food is provided by the kitchen and a weekly delivery (every Sunday) is made with all sorts of ingredients to last the orphanage for quite some time! There is bountiful extra space for proper storage and preservation of meats, vegetables, and other goods!

86A4CFCE-1113-4933-B845-BD02612D1400.jpeg

The Hall: This hallway connects the two wings of the orphanage beyond the Foyer. Here, bother the Caretakers and the Orphans will reside. The Caretakers being at the end of the hall with their individual rooms like below:

B12F76CF-084B-4AB2-A644-1B8B87A8542D.jpeg

And the Orphans in rooms of 4 with two bunk beads available to them! You are free to group yourselves into 4 groups however you like!

F8D5BC51-BA67-4807-BDDD-12F9DA90F4B1.jpeg

Additional note: There is more information to be given, particularly around how the orphanage changes after a certain time but HOW the orphanage changes and WHEN EXACTLY it changes is Caretaker info only 🤫

So, now that we got the idea for the first portion of the layout, I have a second question. Are our characters new arrivals here, are they current residents, or should we try to make it a mix of both? Cause if some of us have been here awhile, one thing I think would be an interesting topic amongst the orphan players is determining friends/enemies and cliques amongst us, if that's an interesting thought to anyone else?

Gonna be my character's contraband smuggler, huh? Lmao
Lmfao who knows~

A.I.S.H.A. A.I.S.H.A.

And eyy awesome >:) Love the pictures, they really help set the scene. Asking out of a place of hopeful eagerness, when you planning to drop the character sheet thread? 👁👁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back