• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Living the Dream

Upon seeing her professor rush by, Shane looked up from her doodling and sighed softly. By the looks of it she had set her alarm for the wrong time, leaving her at college too early for a change. She got up out of her seat and sluggishly walked after him, going to the right classroom instead of this wrong one she had been sitting in. Had she been too tired to even notice there was nobody else around here? If her homework allowed it, she would go to bed early for a change, and dream about the world where she had so much more energy than she did here. Shane rubbed her forehead, -again- readjusted her glasses and with a particularly loud yawn she walked into the lecture room.

"Morning prof... and sorry 'bout the yawning," she half-sleepily apologized. "Guess I didn't sleep too well..."

Shane slumped down on another seat and once again put her book and notebook in front of her, resting her head on her arms until the rest of the class would get there and things would actually start.

@Aine

Dan was just people watching for the time being. What is better to do right now when you live in a boring regular life. Dan saw an older looking fellow starting to approach him as he sat down. Great, what is it? I didn't see a keep off grass sign. He mumbled to himself. The guy looked at his watch, back to him, and then left. Yup, typical. No one has time for me. He stood up, his stomach was growling since he had not eaten for quite some time. A girl with pretty neat hair walked by with a banana and that just set him off in need for food. He looked at hit phone for the time. It was nearing 10. I got time. Gonna get myself a bagel. He looked up wondering if Ty could taste things. Probably not since he was like a robot or something but he supposed Ty could dream of tastes. How about we switch lives for a bit buddy. Talking to himself once more. He went to the Library where there was a cafe inside. He grabbed a coffee and bagel and found a comfy spot outside the building to eat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sean sits down at his usual seat, taking a sip from the flask of coffee that he had prepared earlier, taking a key-chain full of USBs out of his pocket, searching for the correct one for this particular class that he had prepared the night before as the very same girl walked through the door.

"Ah, no problem. You're rather early Shane - there's a good few minutes before class starts" he says, fiddling with the multitude of USBs, then taking a quick look of her homework. "Your work is well written, as always Shane-" he stops himself after looking up and seeing her slumped over the desk already with her head down.

"Shane, are you finding these homework too hard? I don't mind helping you with them, if you need any help that is."

@marorda

The musculature in Volgorl's back rippled underneath the loose flowing short sleeved shirt, the former captain letting out a belabored grunt of effort as he managed to finally secure the at least two hundred pound statue at the center of the shrine. He stepped back a few steps, crossing his massive arms over his chest and chuckled at the work of art. It was a statue that supposedly captured the likeness of one of the many divinities that occupied the pantheon of gods they worshiped. Who the divinity was supposed to be was another story entirely. The features were unclear, almost androgynous. Feminine eyes were on the narrow and angular face, a medium sized body with slight lumps in the chest and a bit of curvature everywhere else. In one hand was a massive sword with the words "Victory, Liberty, Justice" carved in excruciating detail on the blade. In the other, a rag.

"Maybe we must get a new sculptor for our commissioned works, Volgorl." A woman glided next to him, her hair a silvery grey, eyes hazel and all-knowing. Vol chuckled.

"Well, I suppose if you would like accurate portrayals of our revered gods, then yes." They stood together side by side for a few moments, sounds from the worshipers and craftsman floating in from the more open areas of the temple.

"Sister?" One of the many titles for the head of a temple.

"Yes?"

"I think I'll be leaving for today." She nodded.

"Of course. Your help is always welcome here, but I think we all deserve rest from our labors." Vol turned to the older woman, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Here's hoping you don't need any other statues moved."

As Vol emerged from the temple, he couldn't help but smile. It was a beautiful morning, to be sure. Gardens were in full bloom, the sun's rays giving everything it touched an ethereal glow, including the now bustling village, which seemed almost frantic with activity. It wasn't too long ago when a coastal village in Lumina was regarded as nothing more than a trivial accessory to be raided. Now with Alastor in charge, more commerce had been channeled their way.

Time to join that commerce.

Vol's sandals slapped against the ground as he made his way past the temple gardens and into the ruckus of the trading square when he spotted Oliver's shop sign not too far off. It was a prompt reminder that he needed a few herbs for medicinal potions he used quite frequently when out hunting. Forging his way past the traders(and onlookers), he entered the shop to find a rather interesting hodgepodge of customers, including what appeared to be a...fox? When did Oliver keep pets? He gave the young lady standing near the middle of the shop(Elvish? Looked like it, but you couldn't be too sure these days) a polite nod and smile before calling out:

"Oliver? You do understand you have loyal customers out here waiting?" A smirk came across his face. He enjoyed teasing the boy and as he explained to him when they first met, the more Vol teased a person, the more he liked them.

@The Sparrow @dorkling @Seraph Darkfire @marorda

"Ah? No, it's fine, thank you. I'm having not too much trouble with it," Shane said with a polite smile. Sean was a great professor, always ready to help out the students when they needed them, and not quite a bad person to occasionally talk to outside of class. Shane had read his most recent paper, purely out of interest. An interest sparked by the strange dreams she had been having lately. "I'm just a bit tired. Felt like I can't get a lot of rest lately, almost as if I'm living an entirely other life while I sleep." Sean had some knowledge on dreaming and what dreams meant for the mental state of the person having them, his papers had proven that. Although if she were to explain her dreams to him, he'd probably say the same thing others would day to her; that she had an overly active imagination, and that it was high time she grew out of the childish phase of enjoying fantasy books and escaping into made up worlds. "That, and I thought I was going to be late again, like on my final last semester. Glad I'm not late this time though. That would have been a way to start the semester."

@Aine

Sean's eyes grows in shock, living a different life inside a dream? That is exactly the thing he has been experiencing. In fact, he announced his retirement from scientific research due to this very phenomena; he can no longer trust himself nor his observations upon the world anymore. The more he dreams, the less it feels as if it was a dream, the strange fella called Kura, the strange fantasy world called Terrean cannot be explained by any theory out there - Sean hates being in the unknown

(Accidentally used the wrong colour for Sean before, oops)

"Shane, could we talk after class is over?" Sean says in a very deep tone, his eyes serious. Understandably, Shane was quiet shocked by this - while Sean himself would often offer to help students, he would never do it in such a forceful manner. "...To speak about the dream, I mean." He corrects himself.

@marorda

(That's alright)

Shane chuckled lightly. Typically Sean. Well, as a college professor he did have to be careful with the way he put his questions. It only took one person taking his question wrongly, or simply hating said professor, and there was a risk he would get fired. Or at least send on temporary leave while the matter of "possible sexual harassment" was investigated. It was quite stupid, actually.

"Sure," she said. "But it's probably nothing, really. Just someone with a too large imagination escaping into a made up world. That's what people usually say anyway."

But still she couldn't put the thought aside that the world she "escaped" to felt so realistic. Almost too real to be a dream.

@Aine

Dan couldn't help but feel sleepy after his small meal. The hot sun was shining down on him making him even more comfortable than the cold lecture halls. *Sigh* Yeah not going to class today. They would just complain about my work anyway. Might as well get comfy. He says as he wiggles his body and shuts his eyes. The sun was like a big blanket of heat just for him and he couldn't help but dose off for a little while.

Ty woke up with purple beads for eyes. The orc he had fought a little while ago was still out cold. He took the hilt of the sword and pulled it out of his shoulder to sheath for his new unconscious friend. When he got up clangs of coin and a belt fell before him as they were resting on his lap. I greet well again. He picked up the coins and belt and shoved them into the openings of his body. With clangs and scrapes they fell to the inside of his feet. He put the sword back into the sheath and his eyes turned green. We go buy drink and headache remover. He picked up the orc with little force and slung him over his shoulder. He walked down the streets getting glares of fear. They like us today! He soon came across a building with plants Ty saw other injured people would go to from time to time. He approached the building.

@Aine @The Sparrow @dorkling @Seraph Darkfire

The rest of the lesson went as planned, though other students did feel that Sean was speeding through his lecture a little, and he had a strange look of eagerness on his face.

"Alright, that's it for today - remember to pick up the homework assignment on your way out - and remember, if you are struggling on anything, feel free to come see me before it's deadline, you'll probably find me wondering around this department or the science departments or just sitting in my office, you can just email me if that is more convenient."

Sean waited in eagerness as the rest of the students leave, and as soon as the last student apart from Shane left, he gestures her to follow him into his office. He sits down "Please, explain everything in detail. Leave nothing out." he says while pulling out a pen and a small notebook from his bag, placing them on the table. He looks up and looks at Shaune eagerly - though he does feel quiet sleepy for some reason.

@marorda

Shane finished scribbling down the last of her notes before packing her things again and waiting for all the others to have left. She followed Sean into his office and sat down on a chair opposite of him. She took a deep breath and sighed. This was it. The moment he was likely going to either declare her insane, or think she had spend way too much time studying and needed to take a break. And maybe that really was just it.

"Well," Shane started. "It's probably really silly... I've had these dreams for a while now, and I can't exactly trace down the point where they started. What I do know is that I'm starting to remember more and more of my dreams when I wake up. Whenever I fall asleep, I find myself in this... strange world, similar to those of the books I might be reading a bit too much. A bit... Middle-Earth-ish, maybe? I'm this other person there... A traveler, I think. With a hat. She wanders the land, and has seen so many things. There's something strange about her, a bit of a sad feeling I can't quite trace. Like even this dream person doesn't want me to find out what's going on in her mind, even though it is me. Most people are really poor, and there seems to have been a war some time ago. The name of this person is... Alice, no... Lisa? Or... Elena? Eloisa? Not a very difficult name, but I can't remember it. And the land was called... I forgot, but I think it might have something to do with the moon. But the silliest of all is that it feels so real... Everything she sees, does, hears... It's very vivid, but unlike with lucid dreaming I can't take control of what's going on."

Olivier put the tea kettle filled with water and the butterbur leaves inside over the fire he started. "Olivier? You do understand you have loyal customers out here waiting?" He heard a familiar voice call out, of a man he would call ally. If it was another stranger that entered, Olivier would have probably kicked everyone out. Lumina was a place that took the occasional group of travelers, but the recent influx of strangers was a bit strange.

"Now, now, Vol, you know I am a one-man band," Olivier said with a small smile as he emerged from the backroom and into the main room of the shop. But before he went over to the shelves that held the Angelica, Anise, Bay Laurel, and Bay Leaves since he couldn't catch the last of what the dark haired woman said since with the whole elf fainting charade. He then went behind the counter, retrieved a bag and put the herbs in, before walking over to the woman. "Here's most of what you asked for. You can pay later or not at at all." He often let the poor villagers go free of charge, even passing travelers that were injured and had a great journey.

He then turned to the fox demon, giving Vol a look through the corner of his eye. "I'll be with you in a second, loyal customer Vol." He knew that Vol would make a joke about pets and Olivier had to suppress a laugh. "How may I help you?"

Sean stared in awe - everything matched the description of exactly what happened in his dreams as well, maybe it's just due to his dream journals that he is able to remember more. "Listen carefully, Shane, I believe everything that you said." He says, "Please, keep dream journal from now on - I know it's stupid for me to ask a busy student such as yourself to do something like this, but please - just trust me with this." There was a small pause, "Please, I am going through the exact same... thing..." Sean's voice slowed down, his words dragged out as he slowly falls asleep on top of the table.

Kurak faces a rough awakening, even though his chest hurts (probably due to a broken rib or 2), as well as violently shaking from being carried over the back of the machine he assumes was called Ty. "Let me off ya crazy bastard!" he shouts, trying to wiggle free from it's grasps. "Where the heck are you even taking me anyways?!" As strange as it seems, Kurak finds a little bit of joy in being carried; no one has been able to do that as his size proves to be too big for many to even lift him for a short period of time. He also remembers about his father's sword, which after a few moments of searching, he found was sheathed and strapped to the side of his waist, founding it amusing how someone could be so caring to an opponent after battling them - laughing loudly as a response, "You really are one crazy machine!"

@marorda @Bolts

One of the small beads of green slides across the visor of Ty's head as his new friend woke up. His eyes got a little brighter. We get help plants then drink. He said as he let him down since he asked so nicely. He points to the shop where plants were being grown. Ty leans down and unhinges a strap connecting his foot to his leg and lets a multitude of wealth pour from it before reattaching the strap. We grab plants that help your head! Then we greet more people. That what other me likes to see! He picks up the gold that fell to the ground and started heading towards the building where other people seem to be at. He was very confused at the word machine and stopped for a moment. What is machine? Greeting move?

"Sean?" Shane carefully and lightly shook his shoulder. What did he mean by that? So she wasn't the only one dreaming up an entire world full of wonder, magic, and strangeness? That was odd, but surely there had to be differences between their dreams, right? There probably were. Heck, it'd be very odd if Sean, in his dreamworld. was a traveling girl. Not impossible, but quite unlikely. "Well, if the professor decides to take a nap while at work, who's stopping me from going home and get some more sleep?" she mumbled to herself as she quietly stood up, flicking the small sign next to Sean's office to "busy" so nobody would interrupt his nap. Before getting back on the bus, she briefly stopped by the college book store to get another empty notebook, one she would use as dream journal, as Sean had recommended. Sure, it might be silly, but it could be interesting also. Who knew? Maybe she could eventually spin an interesting story from her dreams?

----

Some time later in Lumina, the passed out elf found herself waking up on a couch, her head throbbing as though she had slammed it onto the hard wooden floor when she passed out. She carefully sat up and rubbed her head. "Ouch... I am so incredibly sorry," she apologized to the owner of the apothecary. Elisa's eyes darted over the several other people here. Had she just really fainted in front of all these new people? Her cheeks colored a bright red in embarrassment. "I never meant to cause any trouble, if I did... I hardly remember what happened. Just getting dizzy and then all went black... and I'm rambling, aren't I? Again, I'm sorry..."

@Seraph Darkfire @dorkling @The Sparrow @Aine

Kurak's body makes a great crashing sound has he steps back onto the floor, "You don't know what machines are?" Kurak yells in a friendly manner, patting on Ty's shoulder as he says so - making loud gongs on contact. This also attracts the frightened stares of many townsfolk, but Kurak paid them no mind - as for once - he finally has company, even if it was a strange machine thing, "You're dumber than I thought!" There was a pause allowing Kurak to think, "Wait, you don't know what you are? Ha! Crazy!" Kurak begins smacking Ty on the shoulders in a friendly manner again as well as laughing loudly in his loud and booming voice, as they both walked towards the apothecary. "Ya know, I don't think you'd need anything there," Kurak announces loudly, even though the only one he was talking to was Ty. "The stuff here are for the smaller humans - nothing works on neither me or you, probably. Anyways, you're all made of iron! What do you even need from a herb shop anyways?" Kurak thinks for a little bit, "Ah! What the heck, let just go anyways, I'm in a good mood!"

They both approach the apothecary shop, the combined mass of their bodies makes small thuds for every step that the two take.

@Bolts

Indeed this orc was the greatest greeter Ty has ever come across! How did he not win the money and belt? I see many hurt people go, I take you for head. Ty thought it was awesome the way his friend wanted another hug by the way he was slapping his shoulder. He resisted though since he didn't want him to sleep again for a little while. As the two loomed over the rather small door for them Ty took the knob and twisted it, the brass metal was crushed but the door stayed intact. You have thing for large friend? He said with various clings of gears moving to produce speech. There were lots of people in the building but he knew proper manners of not saying hello in shops. Last time he did that they got mad. We can say hello outside afterwards!

@Aine @marorda @The Sparrow @ProfessorSpy @others

Austen hurries from the bus stop to the daycare, yawning as she opens the door. She was so tired, she'd worked the night shift for the past three days. Luckily, her neighbor worked at the daycare and loved Isabelle, so she was taken care of until Austen could pick her up. "Morning, Lisa," she says as she picks up her carrier from the counter. "How was she?" Austen doesn't really listen to the woman, and mutters a thanks as she opens the door to the infant room. Finding her daughter as quickly as possible, she picks up the tiny, premature baby and holds her to her chest. Nothing was better than reuniting with your baby after a long night of work. Isabelle wakes up and stares at her mother as she is strapped into the carrier, gurgling quietly the way babies do.

The busride home is uneventful, consisting of Austen cooing at her daughter to keep herself awake. As soon as she's home, however, she puts a pillow on the side of the bed and a pillow beside her and lays Isabelle down between them, laying down for a well deserved nap.

~~~

The waters were calm in Avisa's small alcove near the town. Near the apothecary shop, but far enough away that she won't be seen unless she wants to. Currently, she's waking up from a nap in the sun, and sand sticks to her back. She flips her fluke, splashing the water, and looks to her right. In a hole dug in the sand, filled with water, was Mahi, peacefully asleep. The little merbaby was only slightly bigger than Avisa's hand. The mermaid picks up her child, creating a picturesque view of mother and daughter, with the sunlight behind them. However, the creaking and groaning of metal draws her attention. An animated suit of armor was walking, with an orc, of all beings, toward the apothecary shop her friend, Olivier, managed.

@Bolts @Aine @marorda @The Sparrow @ProfessorSpy @dorkling

"Look, this is the best deal I'm giving you. 8 gold for a prime rabbit skin, how's that, hm?" Akakios leaned onto the wooden counter of the stall. "That's a real bargain." He raises one eyebrow. "It's worth at least that and a half."

"Well then, where's the rest of the rabbit? Eaten, I expect. And I'll have you know I could buy a better skin for at most 6 gold! You can't possibly expect me to pay out 8 for that." The owner of the stall crossed his arms.

"Ha, if you're joking, you need practise. But, your loss. I'm sure your Yasgik wouldn't mind buying this for the price I'm giving you." Akakios smiled. "So?"

The shopkeeper looked like he'd explode. "Gah! Fine! Take your money and go! Honestly, people these days..." Walking away from the stall, one rabbit skin lighter and 8 gold heavier, Akakios smiled. Another succesful trade. Now, he just had to find some work somewhere...

"What are you doing?" Asks Kurak, as he noticed that Ty has broken the door knob, he takes it out of Ty's metallic hands and throws it behind him He then gently nudges against the door, checking if it was still functional, but it did not budge. "Now we can't go in!" Kurak says, looking back at at Ty.

"I think your door is broken herb doctor! Can you let us in from the inside?" Kurak exclaims while knocking on the door.

@Bolts @The Sparrow

Stowing away the gold, Akakios glanced over to the left. An Orc? Hm. Unusual for these parts. Well, at least he recognised the giant armoured figure. He'd been in a few fights he'd viewed in the arena, and genuinely seemed to enjoy the combat. He wasn't sure what race he was under that armour, but whatever it was, it was something big, and tough. Always subconsciously, Akakios turned and started walking towards the apothecary they were outside. Judging by the throng of people he could see through the glass windows, it looked like there might be gossip, and that was always useful.

@Bolts @Aine

Accacia quirked an eyebrow at the owner, crossing her arms slightly.

Does he seriously think that I can't afford pay for myself? That I can't rightfully afford it?

She scoffed internally, despising the thought of him pitying her.

What Accacia had was her independence. No family. No friends. No home.

But she had her independence.

She clung onto that and was even inwardly upset when others question her independence, or would always deny the help of others even when she greatly needed it.

A small sigh escaped her lips as she fished through her coin pouch and tossed the coins on the counter(?).

"
No, I'll pay now.. " There was a small hint of irritability in her silky tone, grabbing the herbs and spinning on her heel.

But then something caught her attention.

The elf girl that passed out, finally awake.

Curiosity got the best of her and she turned back around, heading towards the girl, hoping to question her.

"
Any reason why you passed out..? Or...do you know why? " She asked calmly.

@The Sparrow @marorda

As the Orc threw the brass knob away from the door Ty instinctively went to retrieve it. His years of scavenging has taught him nothing is really trash. He looked up to see someone coming towards the building. New friend! He grabbed the orcs shoulder and turned him around and pointed to the smaller figure coming to them. Ty's body shut down for a second and came back on. Oh, other self wake up now. Then shut down falling to the ground with an audible thud and shaking ground to back it up.

Dan woke up to the sound of students walking around making noise. I should head back to my place then. He grunted. He picked himself up and walked to the bus stop.

@Aine @ResonantStorm

"Huh?" Akakios leant over the fallen armour, and nudged it slightly with his foot. "What was that? D'you think he'd mind if I take a quick look under the armour?" He crouched down beside it, trying to peer into the visor. "Hm... Can't see anything. But, I've been ignoring you." He stood up again, and looked up at the Orc. "What brings an Orc into these parts, hm? I thought your kind stayed up North most of the time. Or are you an exception?"

@Bolts @Aine

Johan straightened himself out from his hunched position over the engine he was tinkering with, his arms arching up and then down to either side as he slowly rolled his head, a shoulder lifted slightly to rub against his forehead, careful not to smudge to much oil and grease over his face. A quick glance up at the hanging clock reveals the late hour, Johan shuffles over to the workbench quietly placing all his tools away, tracing a finger down each one slowly as he does so, odd and old habits. "Phill, i'm off. That engine is nearly sorted just needs a little more work and she will be good to go!" That being said he barely waited for the reply, pulling a rag from his pocket and gently attempting to clean his face.. in vain. He quickly removed and hung up his jumpsuit before making his way home, it was a decently long walk he never minded... especially not with his dreams, or were they dreams?

He became something out of legend, an elf.. A ranger, an entirely different life, he was free to travel and yet bound by oath, he had a purpose. Here, in this city on earth he was just some other person straight outa school and trying to manage, but he still had his family he could walk down a few blocks and go visit them. This, Nynd could not do that...

Johan turned towards his door, fumbling for a moment with his keys before opening and entering the door creaking slightly as it always did, the third step behind always groaning under the strain. He mooched his way upstairs, getting himself ready for bed overtime always left him feeling a little dead... Then again, would he really sleep? He would simply close his eyes.. then open them somewhere else...

That is exactly what happened...

Nynd awoke, nestled into the tree that he had spent the night in, his left leg was numb not due to his position but due to the creature he had shared the tree with. A light whisper and the little grey cat let out a chirp quickly stretching itself out, purring loudly before bounding off down the tree. Nynd then stretched, pushing his arms behind him wrapping against the branch beneath him before he lightly pushed up from the branch, grabbing his cloak, wrapped carefully around his bow for the night. Holding these in one hand he glances around his surroundings, his piercing blue eyes darting around the foliage for movement, spotting nothing, save his cat he jumped to the ground, landing on his toes and falling into a crouch before rising lightly, unraveling the cloak over his bow.

A quick glance down at Smokey, whom let out a soft mewl
"I suppose you want some of that fish" Nynd swept the cloak over his shoulders, pining his family broach in the center, holding the cloak on. He crouched slightly, left hand moving to a pouch on his hip, with a light flick of his hand a small chunk of dried fish flew towards Smokey whom jumped at to catch and paw at the food. "Little pest, there you go" With a light smirk upon his lips Nynd quickly flicked his quiver over shoulder, his bow resting upon the quiver as he pulled another chunk of dried fish for himself, observing the bag was nearly empty.

"Towards town then, you eat so much for such a little thing", that being said Nynd set of towards town at a brisk pace, his cat bounding around but never to far away... That was an impossibility..

Making his way back to the apartments, Dan decided to check his mail. Taking out a smaller key compared to his others he unlocked the small locker for any mail. There was a few letters sent to him but there were also some for his upstairs neighbor. Ugh, I tell them every time that they put them in the wrong spot. They will never listen. He shut and locked the small door and headed one more flight of stairs. He got to the space that would be right above his place and knocked on the door. Hey, they did it again. Come on Miss, come get your letters. He started knocking on the door even louder.

@Trombone Geek

Users who are viewing this thread

Back