• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Liudong Lianhua Monastery] 'I'll Make Them Flourish No Matter What! I Can't Believe My Slaves Are This Capable!'

Saoirse Desrosiers

O6Yjq7i.jpg

From: https://twitter.com/morteraphan/status/1445408350116712460
Mentions: TheTimePiece TheTimePiece
Languages Common | <Beastial>

She was surprised at Melia's furthered praise regarding the frogs. Apparently they actually knew what they were doing. It was likely their goody-two-shoes nature that had them in financial trouble, she wagered, rather than incompetence.

“A fae?” She'd raised a questioning eyebrow at Ryuuji, wondering if she heard that right. The frogs working with a lower caste would be peculiar, but it might be in their goody-two-shoes nature. Considering it had gotten her the results she wanted for her slaves, she wasn't one to complain. “Good, good.” She nodded to hearing Ryuuji might finally be closer to being the value she got him for.

As she joined Dranth, her main attention wasn't on him, but on who he'd brought. When he asked her what she thought, she figured that was the excuse she needed to get up close with them and to attempt using [Appraisal E] on them as she inspected them. “<I'll have to see for myself.>”

The horned one first. “<Hmmm... some sort of criminal, a thief perhaps, turned slave, I'm guessing?>” She asked. The girl had some rogue-vibes going on and the fact that she was allowed to keep golden earrings suggesed she might've not always been a slave.

The next one was a tad more peculiar. “<A Fae druid or something? A witch, perhaps? I'll grand you, that seems like a rare type.>” She said, somewhat impressed he managed to get his hands on one of those. “<If she's somehow even half-way competent, you'd at least have an eye for quality goods.>” Perhaps another magically inclined slave could be a good training partner for Ryuuji? It was a thought worth considering for sure.

That said, the random Human was the most peculiar one by far. “<What's up with this one?>” She asked as she'd approached him to try and use Appraisal. “<Dude's looking like he's staring right into the vast emptiness of the void.>” She commented, as she bunny-hopped up so that she could wave her hand in front of his eyes for a bit, to see if she'd get a reaction.

“<You've got an interesting selection, I'll give you that. Although I won't know much more until I can see what they can do, right?>” She grinned. That's where she'd show him. Perhaps she was a bit too overconfident, but she was already debating which of these might be most worth claiming. Perhaps they should've invoked a formal contract, come to think of it, although she hoped Dranth would be too prideful to go back on his word.

On the other hand, she was surprised by what the frog stated. “<Oh my, how very gentlemanly of you~>” She smiled at Dranth, glad to be given an extra advantage. She was hoping the choice of tests would already be enough, but using equal numbers would be the cherry on top. She laughed at the idea that only one of them could take both of hers. “<We'll have to see, handsome, we'll have to see.>” She replied, rather eager to prove him wrong.

She was a bit surprised he'd have Melia face the horned one, rather than the Human one. After all, it seemed like the Human was bought for more than looks, so she somewhat expected that one to be the most competent. Perhaps not? Peculiar.

Although it looked like Melia was winning, Saoirse kept a close eye. So long as Melia managed to use her ability to drain the opponent's strength, she should indeed have this in the pocket. Even so, the opponent was rather quick and agile, so perhaps she might still have some tricks left. Then again, she felt like Melia might not even be giving this her all either, possibly playing it more careful due to being in a better position if she'd let the opponent wear herself out first by merely staying on the offensive. “Seems like the frogs have indeed taught her some useful things.” She replied to Ryuuji.

She'd speak up a bit more hushed, so that Dranth wouldn't hear them. “It seems like she might fear a beating if she looses. Either she'll find some unexpected strength and put Melia in trouble, or she'll panic and mess up. We won't know for sure until the very end.”

Time: Early Afternoon

Temperature: Temperate

Place: West Empire, Liudong Lianhua Monastery Complex

Mention: Elvario Elvario
Ryuuji Kamimura

Overall Ryuuji was glad that Saoirse was positively receptive to his report. He too was a bit confused, it was also possible that who he had been working with was maybe some combination of Fae and Beast..if Ryuuji understood how this world worked. He wasn’t sure how mixed races played into the West Empire class system.
---
Arranog Dranth
2850be0f-ba1f-410c-aaff-bf1901e00413-1.png

Thankfully Arranog was fine with Saoirse getting close to his slaves to examine them.

“<Course you can check out my handiwork, I think you’ll find them to be pretty impressive.>” He continued to boast which was pretty typical at this point.

Saoirse’s Appraisal E ability would at least let her know that none of them appeared to be so powerful that she couldn’t get an as detailed read on them. It exposed their names and some titles.

Kiora Grenala
106d61f1da53699d418c1c642970456a.jpg

The horned one had some titles like [Agile] [Shady Oak Member E] [Materialistic] [Covert] [Shadow Touched] , a Forgiven C grade Theft title, a Forgiven Abuser F title, and of course [Property of Arranog Dranth] Those titles alone probably suggested that Saoirse’s thoughts weren’t terribly far off.

“<Huh you’re pretty good at figuring this kind of stuff aren’t you? Yeah she was up to plenty of no good before I got my hands on her..>” Arranog Dranth said, sounding a bit surprised. It was pretty obvious he was completely oblivious that Saoirse could use her appraisal ability.

“<Yeah She is pretty impressive isn’t she? Can’t say everyone has a slave who knows about some of the darker aspects of magic can you? Well as I’m sure you know if you’re as good as you say, a lot of those fae don’t really need to use catalysts, but it seems she prefers it, maybe some kind of sentimental value, to be honest she hasn’t talked a lot to me since i got her..but that’s my best guess.>” Arranog said with a shrug.

Zalihn Wylxina
37afe2df6e8458f9f2566ebdb1f35b07.jpg
Saoirse’s appraisal would reveal some more information on the quiet darker looking elf. Some titles revealed included [Brewer] [Survivalist] [Elderberry Coven Affiliate F] [Herbalist] [Energized] [Hot Headed] [Loyalist] [Property of Arranog Dranth]

Garrett Read
e1224f6d009b6c8389e2fd2652788029.jpg
For the next one Dranth of course had to chime in as well. “<Oh him? I know he kind of sticks out like a sore from compared to the harem I’ve collected, I mean after all when I inevitably find that legendary fountain I`ll live forever like the God someone as perfect as me is supposed to be..so figured the women who serve me should be up to my standards and be capable as living as long as I will…but that’s besides the point, I felt kind of bad for him so I just took him in. I guess his family got massacred or something and not long after when he was alone in the wilderness some slavers got him..that’s what they told me at least, anyway he might look kind of out of it but he’s a pretty smart guy for a human in my opinion.>”

The slave did actually look over at Saoirse, but kept the same expression on his face when she hopped up. It was unchanging, and he kept quite silent. By appraising him she’d see that he had some titles including [Mathematical] [Thinker] [Reserved] [Studious] [Perseverent] [Observant] [Property of Arranog Dranth]

Then there was the elf near Dranth, which Saoirse would probably need to go over and appraise if she wanted to learn more.

Of course Saoirse’s words only further fueled Arranog’s ego when she called him handsome, the reaffirmation made him feel more confident and less guarded. It seemed like he didn’t mind some competition either, with how Saoirse spoke, but of course perhaps that was because he was pretty convinced he was absolutely going to win.

“<Right.>” He grinned back when she said they’d see.
----

Ryuuji nodded in agreement at what Saoirse said, as he got down to hear her. Even though Ryuuji hadn’t understood much of the conversation due to beastial, it didn’t take him knowing that to see the look of desperation on the horned slave as she struck, like she was paranoid of some kind of retaliation if she failed.

Melia Hayward
GYOmdVf.jpg

Melia in comparison actually looked as cool as a cucumber like she was completely focused in the fight. As the blocking became prolonged and the overly aggressive attacking didn’t seem to be working for the horned one, even if a few times she got awfully close to hitting Melia, like she was trying to find somewhere where the block was weaker. There was a glint in her eyes suddenly as she turned a strange shadowy purply dark hue and rushed forward sliding before she appeared a distance behind Melia! catching her off guard just as the daggers were raised and it looked like she was about to hit Melia with both of them in the back, Melia was actually able to pivot with her foot work and when the daggers were raised it was at that moment she gave her horned opponent a All Out Sword Attack ability, swinging her sword forward while the horned one was vulnerable, draining her strength, thanks to Melia’s accurate technique core it also let her hit the speedy target easier than it would be for someone else.

The combination of the drain and the enchantment on the training sword proved to be a bit much for the horned one as she let out cry of pain before getting knocked to the sidelines against the outer fencing.

Melia turned back to her and approached sword still drawn ready to strike her again if need be, but given the fact that the horned one was hardly moving and looked like she was in pain it wasn’t too long before the same frog monk who had announced the event came over and exclaimed.

“<Because her opponent is unable to continue I would like to announce Saoirse the winner of this round!>” Very clearly crediting Saoirse's accomplishments over Melia's own abilities.

However as the monk exclaimed this Arranog came right over. “Now just wait a minute! Who said she couldn’t still fight?! That’s nothing but a scratch! Come on get up! You’re tougher than that!” He said clearly ticked off. Raising his voice at the one who was struggling on the ground.

“I ORDER you to get UP!” He’d exclaim again, even as she struggled but failed, before Arranog would let out a sound of exasperation.

“Fine, you get this one..but with this next win, I’ll show you.” he reasserted sounding a bit bitter. Some frogs would come over to the fallen one and help her up off the field before Melia returned to Saoirse with a smile of accomplishment. She had placed the training sword back where she had taken it from.

Melia then gave Saoirse a respectful bow.
"I hope that my performance was to your satisfaction, I know that even if I won that match, there's more I can do to get even better. I plan to give it my all to make sure that improvement happens."

"Moving forward I'll make sure to be more wary that my opponent may not be all that they seem at a surface level, on that note that ability was rather impressive."

“Congratulations Melia, a true testament to Miss Desrosiers' leadership and effort in improving your abilities. ” Ryuuji was quick to state. It had been rather impressive the way she had turned around that dire situation in that moment, combining what she learned with what she already knew. All Ryuuji could hope was that Saoirse would find the showing impressive enough as well..

“And of course your predictions were insightful as always Miss Desrosiers..you could tell just by reading her body language what the likely actions of the dagger wielding one were and she did just that.”

Before the next round started there was a bit of time to strategize with Ryuuji if Saoirse so desired or time to do whatever else as it looked like the Monks were setting up for the next round.

At that Ryuuji found himself feeling a bit more nervous now that his turn was growing closer..what were they going to have him do?

Saoirse Desrosiers

She didn't mind Dranth's bragging, as she was used to it by now. Besides, she had some slaves to appraise. Although the first one, she'd been able to guess things about even before appraising her. “<How much has she been giving you trouble since?>” She asked, rather curious to learn more about the success of his 'method' in trying to keep someone that was once a fairly high level criminal docile.

If she were to be granted a slave like that, she'd surely find them to be a challenge. Assuming Shady Oak was a thieves' guild, this one might even have allies trying to free or support her. She also seemed like she might be capable of stealing and sneaking off from her owner. A strong contract and seal would be needed to keep such a gal in check and even then, it might be risky. On the other hand, she was clearly skilled and had the whole 'rogue' vibe in which she might come to flourish. Judging for her battle with Melia, a bit of proper training and this one could also become a great training partner for Melia, allowing them both to work towards flourishing.

Then again, the barely dressed Elf druid was equally peculiar. Needing a catalyst wasn't the most troublesome. She had already gotten a rare find of a [Human] that somehow didn't need one, assuming Ryuuji wasn't lying about the results of his training. She hoped, for his sake, that he was smart enough not to do so.

That said, this particular slave had some interesting titles to her name. Brewer, Survivalist... she had no clue where or what Elderberry Coven was. Likely a group of witches, she'd assume. Hot-Headed sounded like trouble for a slave. How'd this one even manage to survive as one? “<She's surprisingly calm for some Fae. Was she always like that?>” She figured that was the best way to ask the question. She also wondered what [Loyalist] meant and who she'd be loyal to.

She chuckled at Dranth's open admission of the others just being a 'Harem' that he collected. Some beast would call it 'gross' that he'd call mere slaves as such and that he'd even add non-beasts in with them. He himself clearly didn't seem to bother. Nor did he seem to bother using that word to someone he was trying to date. Oddly enough, she sort-off like that aspect of him.

For now, however, her attention was on the Human kid. “<A smart guy, huh?>” She looked over at Ryuuji. It felt like she already sort-off had one of those. Smart Human dude. Then again, would having two of those allow them to go up against each-other and make each-other flourish? His titles were, by far, the most promising when it came to making someone flourish. All the signs were pointing in the right direction in that regard. “<Seems like he'd be the type I was talking about, the type that would be really useful to teach how to read and write so they could take care of all the boring paperwork for you. If his entire family got murdered, he won't have anywhere to run to and isn't likely to try anything as a result. In fact, if you make it seem like he'll benefit from earning you money and helping you gain more, he'll like have intrinsic motivation to so to such things to the best of his extend.>”

She chucked. “<Although, I think I've yet to win one more match to show that I'm worth listening too~>” She was, perhaps, just a tad cocky as she saw Melia defeat the other slave.

Although Dranth sounded like a sour looser, she was happy. When Melia came over, there was no need for her to hide as much. “You did great, well done~” She chucked at the promise to do better next time. “Good, good. Although you've shown me these frogs are worthwhile and won me a battle all at once, whilst still being able to critically reflect on your own performance, so I already couldn't be happier~” She was royal with her praise, as she felt like it was earned. She couldn't abstain from giving a smug look at Dranth for a moment. This, this was the ideal slave. Delivering victory to their master, yet still being humble and critical about their performance. This was the type of slave that she was going to make flourish one day.

Ryuuji was somewhat ignored, as this wasn't his moment in the spotlight. Only when his turn was about to come up, did she focus on him again. “I'm guessing that either they'll have you go up against the elven mage in a battle of magic, or in some puzzle or game of logic against the human. If you're up against he mage and learned as much you claimed you did, you should be good. If you're up against the Human...” She clicked her tongue. “Let's just say you'll get a chance to truly impress me. So much so, that should it be needed, I would even allow you to play for reaching a draw.” She decided to be somewhat merciful, as she didn't want to discourage his flourishing potential by setting up expectations that were too unreasonable from the get-go.

That left her with approaching the last slave she'd yet to check, even though she'd been the first one she encountered. The collared Elf Dranth had used as a sword carrier. “>You said you got this one last? I'm assuming that means she won't be ready to go up against mine yet.>” She stated, using the interaction as an excuse to use [Appraisal] on this one as well.

Arranog Dranth

“<She acts out sometimes, but I make sure to put her back in her place pretty quickly.>” Dranth said smugly, as for how much he saw her acting out was acceptable was pretty subjective on an individual owner basis. But it didn’t sound like he exactly had perfect control over his slave, regardless. Forging a more stringent contract might have been wise. Compared to Saoirse who had been able to get her slaves to follow her, her results were likely more promising in that hers hadn’t been rebelling against her.

Saoirse’s observation about Kiora wasn’t unfounded. She was one of the more well established slaves as far as having a history of performance based on her titles. She also did seem to have that unique shadow like ability which had allowed her to move quickly behind Melia, suggesting there probably was greater combat potential there for agility, speed, and skill. She would certainly potentially come in handy for melee training. But there were other considerations such as possibly causing challenges which Saoirse had thought out.

Arranog appeared to also be willing to discuss Zalihn with Saoirse as well. Perhaps it because he saw opportunity to brag or increase his chance of impressing Saoirse, regardless it didn’t hurt Saoirse’s situation any.

“<Always like that? I can assure you she’s just determined to utterly crush yours in the next round. I mean obviously my corrective discipline helped her see there were more useful ways to channel however she’s feeling, but what I can tell you is that even if she looks it she’s probably far from calm.>” the Dragonic Dranth family member would chuckle some. Unlike the others Zalihn didn’t look as paranoid about the next time she’d be beaten or whatever else Dranth deemed as appropriate. In fact if one looked closely they’d see that her hands were awfully tight on her catalyst. Regardless Arranog didn’t seem like he was going to talk terribly in detail about just how hot headed Zalihn could be. The implication was pretty clear that no she was not always like that, if Saoirse would read between the lines, there was a suggestion that her thoughts were likely not far off that it could be problematic.

Ryuuji Kamimura

Ryuuji actually raised an intrigued brow when he heard Arranog mention some fountain of yout, sort of like that real world equivalent of trying to find El Dorado, however in a magic world like IH, perhaps a fountain like that did exist. If it was real he couldn’t help but wonder if maybe he’d geta chance to find it one day and partake in it, that way he could stay in his prime as long as needed and accumulative wealth and prestige long term theoretically. Granted that might also mean an extended time of being Saoirse’s slave if she got in on it too. Truthfully while she was self motivated in many ways as Ryuuji was, she had been a far preferable owner to many Ryuuji reasoned mentally, Dranth was evidence of that, so was the alternative where he could have been eaten earlier had she not bid on him.

He continued to listen in on the conversation since he wasn’t the one who was competing at the moment.

Arranog nodded, “<I mean every once and awhile he says something that makes sense to me, but he’s been pretty quiet since I got him, truthfully I like to hang around the ladies, like I said anyway he’s not exactly the best for holding conversations with at times.. so I can’t say for sure whether or not I really know what type of potential you’re talking about, as far as teaching goes. I’ve been using him as an errand boy for awhile though and he seems to do that well enough.>” Arranog snickered some at the latter part. Once again Arranog showed a lack of utilitarian insight into how he could best use the slaves he acquired.

“<Tch, no need to sound so sure, just because Kiora screwed up doesn’t mean that my methods don’t work, I know how to get what I want when I want and I’ll show her again and again what happens when I’m disappointed.>” The implication being rather dark with Arranog’s words despite him speaking so casually about it. There was also an edge in his voice which suggested that he was indeed salty about that topic, like he was close to brooding about it.

Melia Hayward
GYOmdVf.jpg

Melia took well to Saoirse’s praise, a prominent smile on her face, upon hearing Saoirse tell her that she did great, and that it was a job well done. Even more when she was told that Saoirse couldn’t be happier. Was this face really a surprise? Not only was pleasing Saoirse ideal, but it also allowed Melia to affirm to herself that she could in fact reach her goal of being a great warrior.

“Thank you for your incredibly kind words, I swear I’ll do my best to continue to perform to this quality or better moving forward.” Melia reaffirmed Saoirse with a bow in line with proper West Empire etiquette, it was much lower like before given Saorise’s status and then the nature of the high praise.

She also nodded, “I strongly believe that similar to my opponent here today, there are some others here who are more capable at combat then one might assume by just looking at them.” she said in a bit of a softer tone.

While Arranog was watching this happen, his look was giving some daggers in response to the smug look of Saoirse and the scene unfolding. It really did give off the vibe he was going to make true on his words to remind his slaves who was in charge later and that failure wasn’t an option.

By the time the effects of the training blades had been negotiated in contrast, It looked like Kiora had been trembling much more uncontrollably even since it all had been said and done like she knew what to expect next and the very idea of it filled her with great anxiety and dread.

Ryuuji on the other hand listened carefully when Saoirse did speak to him directly. He nodded, that’s what Ryuuji was hoping for, while he had been a pretty bright guy in his last life to land the type of job he did, not to mention having to perform well on all sorts of exams to get through school back in Japan. He also performed quite well on them, but unfortunately Ryuuji wasn’t sure if everything he had needed to memorize back then was going to translate amazingly well to a fantasy world like this.

“In either case Miss Desrosiers, regardless of who I go up against, I aim to impress.I also appreciate your merciful and generous terms should there be a draw with him. Naturally I hope that it will not come to needing that.”

While it would be nice to really impress her if he could pull it off, he at this moment preferred the safer route, unless that Fae was exceptionally good and he just didn’t know yet; he really wanted a chance to show off the magic he felt confident he could use now to prove to her that he had been worth his purchase price to her, and that his time spent so far would be worth it.

Then Saoirse was able to appraise the collared elf.

“<Tch, if she knew what was good for her she’d be ready whether she's had the practice or not.>” Arranog stated, giving a bit of a side eye at the elf. Once again he seemed oblivious to Saoirse’s appraisal, but his words indicated that Saoise had been correct in her assessment.

Jastira Veidi
elf-1.png

The name revealed on the appraisal was Jastira Veidi. She had some titles [Thespian] [Duplicitous] [Sociable] [Fine Tuned] [Melodious] [Alder Association for the Advancement and Preservation of Fae Kind Member E]

It wasn’t all too long before it looked like the frogs were finished setting up and the same frog monk from before came forward. “<This round will allow two magic users to test their mettle! Participants will take one turn each, to pick their respective targets, as many as they like and show what their magic can do! A panel of three of us will then each score the performance numerically on a scale of one to ten, whoever impresses us more will receive a higher mark! This seems fair enough yes?>” This was ripe for the frogs to make good on their word to Saoirse that they wanted to teach a certain Dranth a lesson about how to treat slaves. There were three frog monks off to the side in a row who looked like they were watching in particular, a podium having been moved in front of the three. Should the terms be found agreeable, the contest would continue.

“First on behalf of Arranog Dranth, Zalihn Wylxina will take her turn to impress the judges! Please select your target(s) and show us what you can do! Cast when you are ready!”
Zalihn Wylxina
The judges weren’t the only ones watching Ryuuji looked like he was watching her moves with great scrutiny when he heard she was heading up. This was good, it might let him learn about what he could do to out do her performance, feeling a bit relieved it had been her at that.

Silently the scantily clad slave made her way up with her catalyst in hand to the field area, and it looked like she was eying down one of the wooden figure like targets which had been set up a distance away.

She approached the target until she was about 15 ft away, “I Hope you’re all ready for this!” She announced a steely glint of determination in her eyes as she eyed the figure down. She began to twirl her staff around and chant softly in some odd language Suddenly a sinister purplish hue began to envelope her strange catalyst until some sharp vines broke through the ground where the target had been standing leaving a terrible purplish miasma in the air where they erupted coming out of the ground. The wooden figure was knocked over by the vines, splintering and began to break down like the purple stuff was dissolving it.

Ryuuji noted that she chose to use an offensive magic of some kind. What was different however was how she had only used one target..Ryuuji knew before he came here people were capable of hitting more..was it possible she had specced into the offensive spell but hadn’t mastered other aspects? Nevertheless he waited while the frogs deliberated until the three of gave their responding scores: 5, 7, 6.. He just needed to beat that score, feeling his heart rate increase a bit. Zalihn didn’t exactly looked thrilled that she hadn’t gotten all perfect marks, but it wasn’t terrible either, Ryuuji had to take into consideration that maybe the frogs were just being strict, but he knew it wouldn’t be long until it was his turn now.

Saoirse Desrosiers

“<Hmhm.>” She just nodded at the notion of the thief one acting out sometime. Skill wise, she was highly interested in that one. She followed a clear 'rogue' archetype, the kind of quick-footed quick-handed thief. She wondered if there was a way to make such an archetype flourish. Theft wasn't legal, sadly enough, so she could hardly have her go steal things. Unless.. perhaps steal form criminals? Like some sort of folk hero, except without the heroic parts, as she'd keep the earning herself and use them to increase her earnings. Could someone flourish as a thief? The idea excited her. Yet loyalty would be a clear issue. How would she ensure someone like that would follow her well enough for her to develop them? She clicked her tongue. That was the real issue, wasn't it?

The witch/druid, however, was quickly loosing appeal to Saoirse. Having to make someone with personality issues flourish might be obnoxious. Besides, Dranth had already done some work on her, it seemed. “<I'll grant you that you taught her well how to hide her anger.>” She was willing to give credit where credit was due.

The sole guy was still an enigma. From what Arranog told her, he might hold some real untapped potential! Or he could be a total bust... She clicked her tongue. He did seem like he'd be the most obedient, but he reminded her of Ryuuji as well. She wondered if those two would mesh well together or if they'd clash well together. Either could work for as long as it'd help them develop... Yet if she couldn't get a guy like this Garrett to start doing s tuff, he'd just be dead weight. How would you get someone with such titles to his name to develop? Hmmm... Was there flourishing in being a scholar? Possibly. Even so, she wasn't entirely sure how she'd approach it. The boy would be a high risk case. Could be a dull and boring dude that lead to nothing, could be a hidden genius that could develop into a mastermind that'd also help her streamline her process of developing slaves... She wondered if that'd be a chance worth betting on. At the very least it'd allow her to claim a slave without angering Dranth a lot, should she wish to keep some of that relation going, as it was clear he wouldn't miss the boy.

She waved away Melia's words of gratitude with a hand motion. She'd given credit where credit was due and there was no need to thank her for it... even though she did like it when people did that. That said, she did wonder. “Do you think the girl from just now would make a worthy training partner, if she trains more?” She might as well get some of Melia's input on it. If she were to pick that girl, saving her from future beatings (assuming she'd not actually deserve them even by Saoirse's milder view) might grant a modicum of loyalty and gratitude that Saoirse could abuse. It was a thing worth considering.

She nodded at Ryuuji, as it was his term to perform. He was clever enough not to outright claim he wouldn't need to aim for a draw, merely saying he hooped he'd not need to do so. That's what she liked about him. He knew his place, but also his limits. He played things tactical.

The last Elf made her feel annoyed. Why? She had no cue what a [Thespian] was or what [Duplicitous] meant and she'd be dead before she'd admit to such a thing. She also wondered what a person could do to be considered [Melodious], for that matter. To top it off, she was associated to some sort of Fae organisation? She clicked her tongue. Didn't seem good. Nothing to develop, only trouble. If anything, she worried this one might as well a spy sent by that weird Fae organisation. “<How'd you get this one again?>” She asked, regarding Jastira, not sure if he'd even told her to begin with.

She paid some attention to the duel, but the Fae mage's performance made her loose even more interest. To brag about her attack, yet perform mediocre at best... Someone like that would be tough to make flourish. Also annoying. She just hoped that Ryuuji would be given a task that'd allow him to show he was better in a way that even Dranth would have to admit too...

Arranog Dranth

Arranog gave Saoirse a smug look upon hearing the praise, “<Of course I did, and no one should expect any less, whatever I work toward I excel in, it's only natural for a Dranth, especially when you’re among the best of the Dranth.>”

Melia Hayward
GYOmdVf.jpg

Melia listened with great focus when Saoirse spoke to her, at attention once again, as she did, Melia looked over at who had been her opponent, before looking back at Saoirse.

She had to think for a moment not responding to Saoirse immediately, like she was replaying the battle she had in her head.

“Truthfully I believe that she has potential. While her attacks were desperate which caused their quality to suffer, It is of my opinion it was largely because of how concerned she was about the way she would be treated were she to anger her master. The way she held her stances and held her weapons suggested experience to me. Part of the reason I also believe she has potential is because of that unique ability which she used when she turned all dark..I am uncertain what it was, but she did manage to get behind me pretty quickly, and I only just guarded against her attack with a split reaction, if I had been just a bit earlier she would have stabbed me somewhere vital had it been a fight to the death, so I do think there would be an opportunity for us to learn from one another to become better at combat.” Melia thoughtfully articulated to Saoirse.

Thankfully even with Saoirse’s apparent confusion as to what some of the titles were exactly meant to be mean, Arranog was more than willing to fill her in on it.

“<Well yeah, bought her from some slave traders while I was traveling around the West Empire. I asked them where they got her from, and apparently she had been traveling on tour performing..I guess she’s good at singing or something, least that’s what they told me, I kind of just assumed since she was a elf she’d be good at the bow so I gave her a quiver and one of them, but she hasn’t really gotten a chance to try it out much, anyway, she was near the border of the West Empire and the Grand Duchy, and while she was traveling she got taken by a group of marauders, who she then got taken by the slave traders from apparently, not really sure what happened to the marauders, maybe they all got killed or enslaved, anyway, that’s how I got her and the background I was told she has.>”

Of course when Zahlin’s scores were announced, it wasn’t too long before Arranog’s mood shifted for the worse. He clenched his fist and stomped his foot, his tail swaying back and forth, then up and down violent briefly. “<That stupid elf is going to cost me some serious money..>” He said under his breath. Not seeming like he was expecting anyone to hear or comment on what he just said, as he readjusted

The frog monk who had been announcing the contest then continued, “<Okay Saoirse’s slave Ryuuji Kamimura is up next! Please show us what you can do with your magic so that the judges may determine which caster is more valuable! Select your targets and let us know when you are ready!>

Ryuuji Kamimura
191375bb603b38aa92b3af07a1830856-1-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

Ryuuji gave a formal bow before he headed out onto the field. It seemed like just as it was Ryuuji’s turn, a clustered groups of frog monks who had been training vigorously early came near the front of the crowd, many of them looked like had, had a pretty long day some having some bruises on them. Ryuuji had an idea of what he could do next presuming that his magic was in fact going to operate the way he had envisioned when he selected the necessary skills before he was reincarnated in this world.

He moved about 29 ft away from the group of tired looking monks, before he raised a his hand, the black and white energized pattern taking hold on either of his arms and hands, as they began to glow.
He then took a dynamic pose crouched, extending one palm out flat in front of him, the other closer to his chest.

“Observe, with my power I need no catalyst, and I will help resolve fatigue with the move of my hands.” He announced before using the ability I Swear I'm Just a NPC Healer! - Magic School Hands of Restoration F (Heal F), Magic E, Componentless Magic E, Magic Range F, Magic Area of Effect F, - Grade E 1 Post cooldown.
Ryuuii heals minor injuries, aches, and pains up to 30 ft away from him, within a 15 ft AOE.

He targeted the center of the group and suddenly all the monks caught up in it were looking more rejuvenated compared to before. And suddenly they were all looking pleased, talking about how their aches and pains had gone away, even pointing out how their bruising had faded away.

Ryuuji let out an internal sigh of relief upon seeing that he felt his magic flow properly and that his ability went off as he had envisioned. Of course he would need to get much stronger, but this was a big step in the right direction.

Now he felt his anticipation build..he just needed a higher score and he’d be all set. However he couldn’t help but feel a bit confident given just how conveniently those monks seemed to appear in the perfect way to show off his magic.

Eventually the scores were revealed as 8-8-9.

Meaning that he outdid his opponent’s score. He looked over in Zahlin and Dranth’s direction looking a bit smug himself now. Too bad so sad, it looked like the circumstances were just in his favor.. He made his way off the field, however as he was walking along his face changed to one of surprise when suddenly vines shot up in front of him from the ground. Yikes, those totally could have impaled him had they been closer.
Zalihn Wylxina

“You totally cheated!”
A voice came out from his opponent.

“I’m supposed to believe that some stupid lowly human can use componentless magic?! Someone in the audience is loaning you, or this was a set up from the start!” Zalihn exclaimed indignantly with a stamp of her foot.

Arranog looked even more upset from before seeing what transpired.

“<There’s no way…>” He didn’t even appear to be concerned about reprimanding his slave for almost damaging Saoirse’s.

“<ALRIGHT THAT’S IT! NO ONE MAKES A FOOL OUTTA ME!>”

“<I’M READY TO MOVE ONTO ROUND TWO, SO IF ANY OF YOU MONKS ARE SCREWING AROUND WITH ME YOU’RE ABOUT TO BE IN FOR A WORLD OF HURT!>”

He said moving aggressively into the open field himself.

“<Since this human ‘healer’ just made you bunch feel better, why don’t you all come and take me on like we discussed earlier?!>” He exclaimed obnoxiously, assuming a combat position.

"<And one of you bring a rope, I'll do it with one hand tied behind my back just like I said I would!>"

Instead of addressing what was being said, Ryuuji continued to move around the vines and calmly walk off the field to be near Saoirse, before turning back toward her.

“I can assure you nothing of the sort was taking place, it’s just talent.” He responded, sounding polite as could be as if there had been no transgression against him.

This only prompted a huff out of Zalihn and glaring daggers from her eyes.

Saoirse Desrosiers

She chuckled a bit at Dranths continued prideful nature. At this rate, he was really risking to set himself up for a deep fall down, wasn't he? She was getting a little excited. It'd be sort-off hot if he could live up to his own hype, but also pretty hilarious if he'd fall from the pedestal he claimed to be on. Either way would be an interesting outcome, at this rate.

However, she was more interested in what Melia had to tell about her opponent. Businesses before pleasure, after all. “That sounds promising.” She stated, happy with her slave's thorough assessment of the opponent. The horned girl shot up high on the list of interesting slaves to 'take over' later.

“<A singer, huh?>” That was something she hadn't imagined yet. Trying to make some sort of performer flourish. That could most definitely be of interest. The way she was taken was a bit peculiar as well, but nothing too uncommon.

Ryuuji making a show out of his abilities was met with a chuckle from Saoirse. Especially as he managed to live up to it, based on the scores. Good, good. He really was showing to have been worth the money and effort. This was a good start of his flourishing potential.

“<Ah, so there's the anger.>” She stated, a devious laugh upon seeing the Elf loose her cool. That explained the title. She would've been a tad angry had she actually hit Ryuuji, but with it missing, there was no need to further mention it.

As she saw Dranth move into the field, however, she had an idea. He wasn't thinking clearly right now, was he? She could totally abuse that. “<Hey, why don't we make this even more fun?>” She called out. She got out a Slave Contract made with [Law F] and her [Slaver] Education. It was a bit of a shame she wasn't in the position to enslave someone like Dranth himself, but she could go with another fun option.

“<My slaves have already won, so you already owe me one of yours, but I'm willing to play a bit more... So how about this? If you win against the frogs, I'll take a slave of your choosing off of your hands. It'll just be a chance to unload some dead weight, right? Not only that, I'd certainly be in the mood for a date afterwards~>”

There was, of course, a catch. “<If the unthinkable happens and you somehow loose against these frogs, I'll take my time to inspect and question your slaves in order to pick the one I like the most instead. Not only that, you'll also promise to have your remaining slaves trained by them.>” She showed him the contract. “<Not a bad idea, right? You get to reduce your loss and go on a date, simply due to beating up some old frogs you were already planning to beat up!>”

She held out the contract from him to sign, with all those present as witnesses. Should Dranth win a match against the frogs, he'd only have to let go of a slave of his choosing and Saoirse would humour him with a date. Should he loose, she'd get her time to pick a slave of her own choosing and he'd have his other slaves trained by the frogs for at least three entire months. Why? She was merely curious to see if the frogs could make this situation work to improve the slaves' potential to flourish, even under the ownership of a guy like Dranth. She also figured she'd build up some good reputation with these frogs to abuse at a later date. Oh, right, she also just wanted to see Dranth really suffer if he was foolish enough to lose now. Breaking the dude's spirit might be fun.

As Ryuuji approached her, she'd compliment him. “Well done.” After which, she'd grin. “The real show is about to start now, it seems. You've earned your right to sit back and enjoy it, for a bit.”

Last edited:

Melia Hayward
GYOmdVf.jpg

Melia smiled at Saoirse's words since they suggested she had done a good enough job of explaining what was on her mind. Even if the mental stuff wasn’t exactly Melia’s focus point of strength, it was clear she had developed her ability to articulate, probably from wanting to make satisfactory responses to Saoirse’s questions.

Melia did look over curiously upon hearing Saoirse laugh, but then saw what it had been in reference too with the way Saoirse had been looking.

“Well that certainly was bold of her wasn’t it? If her magic gets too close to Ryuuji for your comfort I can handle it.” Melia reaffirmed like a good slave who knew that her mistress’ property was valuable to her.

Arranog on the other hand was looking pretty pressed still, looking over at Saoirse, an aggregated look still on his face.

Zalihn Wylxina

While this was going on Zalihn still wasn’t placated with what had transpired, with Ryuuji’s response or the frog’s judgment.

“Like I’m supposed to believe that! What’s that pendent around your neck huh That wound’t happen to be a catalyst would it?!” She’d exclaim pointing her catalyst to it on Ryuuji, pointing out his Pandoras' Pendent D.

“You and I both know they wouldn’t have scored you as highly if you had to use a catalyst! I want that pendent appraised!” She demanded.

Eventually one of the frogs came over, who looked older, hunched over with a twisted wooden catalyst/walking stick, “Very well then, I’ll take a look at it.” One of his eyes glowed a faint green color looking at Ryuuji’s pendant, while Ryuuji sort of just stood there still not entirely sure what he should be doing, looking to Saoirse and back at the appraiser.

“Well I can confirm one thing it’s a magic ite-”

“SEE! I TOLD YOU! HE WAS CHEATING BY MISREPRESENTING HIMSELF!”

Arranog Dranth

Before Arranog looked over, “Oh is that so?” His aggressiveness turning to a bit more of a smug look once again.that was until it shifted to the way it had been before when he heard the next words.

“But I can confirm it is not a catalyst, it is only a magic item which would not augment his magical abilities, I cannot detect any catalyst on him, therefore I determine that the scores are just.”

This caused Zalihn to make her way off the field fully stomping her feet some, before crossing her arms and standing by the other slaves of Dranth.

“<Very well then..It looks like you have that one Saoirse..>” Dranth said with a tint of resentment in his voice.

Before he acknowledged what he had been saying before, “<Yeah Yeah, fun, I’m all about it and it looks like you are too if you’re willing to make a deal like that, where you’ll just be going on a date with yours truly!>” Even with Arranog’s usual arrogance there was still a sense that he was far from pleased at the recent development, one of his fists tightened.

“<Of course I’ll agree to that, I’m Arranog Dranth, losing just isn’t in my blood!>” He said taking the writing tool and swiftly signing the document, his penship was actually decent in the beastial from the looks of things, with so many eye witnesses it would definitely be binding from all the monks and slaves who had been watching this development.

“<Just you watch I’ll put on a good show just for you and I’ll make sure to absolutely annihilate them.>” He said, giving Saoirse a wink.

The old frog monk who had been training Melia came forward and said, “<I believe those arrangements are agreeable, we can train Arranog’s Dranth’s slaves in the case that he loses for the time period described.>”

The other monks who listened appeared to be in agreement.

It looked like once again Arranog didn’t see there being a possibility where he could lose so he hadn’t spent much thought on the downsides, if one was observant they’d even see that he had been listening somewhat listlessly when she went over the terms should he lose against the frogs.

Ryuuji Kamimura
191375bb603b38aa92b3af07a1830856-1-1-1-1-1.jpg
Upon seeing Dranth sign the contract with Saoirse..a bit of a smirk returned to Ryuuji’s face. That's right you dense lizard, sign away, whenever she brings out a contract..I just know that it’s going to be good for one of us… He thought to himself. Saoirse had already won either way, she was still going to get someone else’s slave as part of the agreement for the first part, he reckoned at least given the language barrier as soon as he got enough experience he’d try to acquire it, as that’s what Ryuuji had come to understand how this world works.

“Thank you Miss Desrosiers.” He gave her a respectful low bow once more. "I’m certain you’re correct, from what I can see it looks like you’ve gotten most..favorable conditions.” He said more quietly toward the latter part with a tone to his voice which suggested he was well aware of the sort of thing she was plotting, now that they were all presumably off to the side of the field once again to spectate. For now Ryuuju stood by and waited, while a young adult frog monk came over and secured Arranog’s hand behind his back with some sort of enchanted looking rope with the slight green glow it gave off.

“<ALRIGHT THEN BRING IT ON!>” Suddenly dragonic wings began to spread from out of Arranog’s back materializing in a fiery orangy red haze, spread out quite a bit, as he assumed a combative position with his one arm out.

There was a group of at least 12 or so frog monks on the other side who looked diminutive in comparison to him, some of them had no weapons, others carried a bostaff, then there was the one who had trained Melia once again, carrying his training sword, this time one which had a similar enchantment on it which had been used during Melia’s brawl.

“<Big mistake bringing your toys to a real fight when you’re up against someone like myself!>”

“<Cause believe me when I say I’m not in the mood to hold back!>”

One of the monks had brought out a gong which was hit when it was time to begin and everyone was confirmed to be in position, Arranog on one side of the field, the monks on the other.

Upon hearing the gong Arranog flew up into the sky, before he began charging what looked like a sizable fiery ball of energy in his hand, which then began to spread up his entire body as he was engulfed in some sort of fiery intense fiery aura.

Kane was actually a bit surprised to see this..this guy knew fire magic? What grade was this guy even? He hadn’t gotten a chance to appraise, but this was looking pretty advanced just from looks alone.

Arranog then aggressively came swooping down toward the frogs looking like he had picked one out which he wanted to deliver a devastating blow too. However the other frogs had started to move about, and then Arranog’s fist appeared to collide with his target frog sending the smoking blackened body flying on impact out of the confines of the field.

“<SEE! Completely out of my league!>" He began to laugh. Ryuuji was visibly surprised at just how brutal that had been, but it wasn’t until he noticed..one of of the other frog monks nearby who had some sort of wooden necklace around his neck who appeared to be chanting words in beastial softly too himself before suddenly the very same frog who looked like he had gotten punched so he went flying suddenly appeared behind Dranth looking fine, and gave him a solid kick to the back of the head, causing him to stutter forward.

“<W-WHAT THE HELL?!>” Arranog sounded pained, enraged, and disorientated. The some fiery aura now intensifying even more as the very ground beneath Arranog began to crater inwards some around his feet.

Another one came up and hit him in the right leg with a bo staff at the joint causing him to buckle forward a bit more..

Arranog then immediately tried to give another powerful punch at first the one who had kicked him, leaving him open to another strike on the other leg with the bo staff. The fiery aura singed the tool where it made contact but it was still operational.

“It would appear their skillset is more diverse than I thought..but it is undeniable that Mr. Dranth would be..a very formidable opponent.” Ryuuji would have had to have guessed the two frogs were working together, one of them intentionally making themselves an easy looking target, giving Dranth something that felt like his hit had connected while the other one used some kind of illusion magic to make it look like the frog had been hit.

Saoirse Desrosiers

During the conversation, Saoirse picked upon something very interesting coming from the frogs. Something that she hadn't known before, even though she definitely should've known about it. As Dranth was busy getting ready to fight the frogs, Saoirse eye's turned to Ryuuji with a mildly intimidating (F) gaze. “I was not aware you were carrying a magic item with you.” She stated, a cold hint of displeasure audible in her tone of voice. If she wasn't in a great mood due to having pretty much assured herself a free slave, she might've been a lot more inclined to immediately confiscate it. For now, however, she decided to go easy on him. Probably too easy, but she did have a front to keep up with these frogs as well. “You can explain it to me later.” She eventually stated, letting him off the hook for now.

On the topic of being in a good mood, she chuckled at seeing Dranth fail to take down one of the frogs due to the usage of an illusion. She'd reply to Ryuuji somewhat hushed, as to not let others listen in on them too easily. “He's very strong, but he's underestimating them way too much. Besides, I've given them a good reason to really give it their all by having him promise to let his slaves be trained by them. These goody-two-shoes will see it as an opportunity to show him to be nicer to his slaves and give it their all, perhaps even risking their own well-being, for the sake of his slaves.” Her smiled brightened. “People trying to be overly nice are so easily to predict~ All they need to do now is to show they at least live up to something~ If not, I'll have a date and we'll be out of here, but I've got some hopes for them, now that they're extra motivated.”

Ryuuji Kamimura

Oh great, he definitely recognized the intimidating gaze which Saoirse sent toward him, and her tone of voice. The pendant in question which she was referring to was something he had ended up when he arrived in the world, and it was actually something that hadn’t even crossed his mind to tell her about. Of course it was understandable why she was far from thrilled. It was the very reason as to why he had been so careful to show her everything he found when they had been scavenging at the razed village site.

He knew that he needed to react accordingly so as to not make the situation worse than it was at the moment.

“My sincerest apologies Miss Desrosiers, I meant no offense, the item in question..slipped my mind, I certainly should have told you immediately.” Ryuuji replied with a very low bow given her height once again.

“Thank you Miss Desrosiers, I’ll do that whenever you deem fit.” He was quick to say again still down low, essentially prostrating himself in front of her.

This was the only way he felt he had any chance of not severely setting back his relatively positive relationship with her thus far.

He of course got up again when it seemed like the right time and listened to what she had to say attentive. He gave her a nod, speaking back silently. “I believe underestimating is a most appropriate word in this situation.”

Ryuuji smiled some upon hearing her plan, it was more one which veered on mischievous rather than friendly or soft, it was all calculated, this Dranth fellow had taken Saoirse’s bait, and regardless of the situation it sounded like they still came out on top. She was still going to get a free slave, with the news of the pendent dropping he wasn’t sure what the status of him getting the slave under his wing was, but frankly Ryuuji was okay either way, there would be other opportunities to prove himself.

Now with the fight popping off and Dranth taking hits, Ryuuji had a sneaking suspicion that this dragon guy was about to unleash some more powerful moves in order to try to win. Ryuuji took notice that all the other slaves were watching the scene intently, with the exception of that younger one who looked like he was sort of just looking off into the distance.

Arranog Dranth

“<I’VE HAD ENOUGH OF THESE GAMES!>” Suddenly the fire aura around Dranth got even larger, the earth beneath him shifting into a mini crater even more, cracking , the frogs monks moved around hm quickly suddenly Dranth was getting pelted with rocks from some sort of sling from one of the faster moving frogs, while they weren’t the most lethal they were still aggravating him more and sometimes leaving marks where they struck. The fire aura had clearly made it more difficult for some of the melee frogs to get in and hit him as they were assessing him for weak spots.

One of the bo staff carrying ones got a bit too close and Dranth gave them a pretty gnarly gut punch causing the frog to go flying and land on his back, out of breath completely.

Another one got a hard swift kick which sent them sprawling.

Arranog’s enraged state, raw strength, in combination with his aura and quick reflexes was playing to his advantage as that was at least two frog monks who were down for the count, on account of not only taking heavy hits but also being singed by the fire aura.

“<KEEP COMING, I’LL KEEP KNOCKING YOU DOWN!>” Arranog taunted after the first two fell, before he struck another one in the face who fell and hit the ground hard. However there were still several more, the rocks continued to hit him causing him to sprint forward toward the one who kept pelting him with them, but it looked like this was a calculated move on the side of the frogs because that’s when the older frog who Melia had been trained by stepped forward with his training sword and exclaimed.

“<Way of the Wudang! Lotus pond Reflection Technique!: Hundred Images!>" suddenly about 12 or so of the exact same looking frog man seemed to appear all around Dranth, who had suddenly stopped.

“<W-What is this?!>” He started to try to punch at the identical looking frog men who began to rapidly move around him. Now Arranog was charging up fire balls in his fist and sending them forward

“<Come out and fight you coward!>” Arranog said still sounding exacerbated, when Arranog was midway attacking on the reflections, while he was still being pelted with rocks by the other one, suddenly all of the reflections at once all appeared to move toward him at once and strike, this prompted Arranog to go into a desperate block his aura intensifying further but it was no match for the non-illusioned older frog man who struck Arranog in the back decisively with his enchanted training stick with a slash of incredibly cold water coming off of it causing Arranog to let out a cry of pain, it had cut right through his fire aura. But that wasn’t all a flurry of identical strikes started to hit Arranog as he was being ensnared by watery tendrils from the ground, each one caused him to let out more cries of pain and rage until suddenly another one hit him and when the impressive ability was all said and done Dranth finally slumped over to the ground.

“<You have much to learn young mind.>” The old frogman declared.

“<You are strong but you do not think enough before you act. Just as you don’t always think before you act with your property.>” Normally this kind of talk might have sent Arranog off again, but instead he was feeling too exhausted and hurt to say anything but let out a grumble.

“<Fine..you win..this round..I’ll have my..slaves train at your stupid..complex..and pick whoever you want.>” Arranog muttered bitterly, still conscious, sitting up, looking between the frog monk who just schooled him and Saoirse.

Saoirse Desrosiers

Ryuuji had made the right choice by apologising profoundly, as combined with what seemed like her inbound victory, she was quick to get in a better mood again. The Gnolls wouldn't be fed today. She was still a bit sceptical about how he might've truly forgotten it or if he was lying to her, but she was willing to give him the benefit of doubt and let it go for now.

“Hmmm...” She hummed, seeing Dranth do a number on some of the frogs. That said, he soon enough got the tides turned against him. “Oh my~” She stated, seeing Dranth eventually defeated and slumped onto the ground. When he got up a bit and admitted defeat, she smiled. “<It's been a pleasure doing business~>” She figured that was all she'd say to him, as that was already humiliation enough for him to go through. Besides, she had better things to do, as she headed for his slaves.

“Now, let's see.” She clicked her tongue. Figuring she'd get their attention quickly and in full. She headed for the human boy first, snapping her finger in front of him. “Kid, if there's ever a time not to blankly stare into the abyss, this would be it.” Hopefully getting his attention with that, she used one of the tricks up her sleeve to get and keep that of the rest of them as well. “Kiora Grenala, Zalihn Wylxina, Garrett Read or Jastira Veidi...” She called them by name, likely making them wonder how she'd know each of their names despite only some having been mentioned. Or wonder why she'd care to call them by their full name to begin with. “As you may or may not have picked up already, your master and I made a bit of a deal~ One of you might soon be under my command... Yet in order to figure out who, I'd like to make an offer.” She smiled, but behind her eyes was a glint of obsession.

“Excluding calls for freedom, tell me what you wish to achieve in life and so long as it interests me and so long as you serve me well, I will give you a chance develop yourself towards it.” She paced along them, giving all four another good look-over. The mage was mostly discarded already in her book, but she'd even give her a chance to speak. “Unlike mister Dranth, I value the quality of my slaves and measure said quality by their competence, which I'm even kind enough to try to accommodate towards a competence in whichever area they lean towards by nature. Convince me of why I'd want you and in turn you'll be able to find out that being a slave of mine is even more desirable than freedom might be.” Those were some big words, but part of her seemed to legitimately believe in these words. “In simpler terms, this is your chance to escape mister Dranth's methods and become one of my precious projects instead~”

Although she firmly believed herself to be giving them a great offer, part of her speech was pure strategy. She'd want these slaves to have the confidence to be open enough about what they'd want to achieve, in the hopes of getting a more realistic imagine of whom and what she could make flourish, but she also wanted to crush any useless chatter about wanting freedom from the get-go. Such things would only get in the way of figuring out what she'd be able to do with them. Besides, if any of them were still foolish enough to chatter about freedom, it'd be easily enough to discard them as options. It's why she painted a brighter future for them, but one that would still be bound by servitude towards a master. Just under a much better master than anyone else, as there was none like Saoirse Desrosiers.

Arranog Dranth

Arranog grumbled in response to Saoirse’s pleasure doing business line, eventually getting himself up and not saying another word to her. It looked like he was now stewing over the fact that he didn’t win.

Ryuuji Kamimura

Ryuuji on the other hand had been a bit impressed when Dranth had started dropping frogs sort of like they were flies just reiterating that his assessment of him had been correct, he was quite strong. However he wasn’t as strategic as he should have been in an outnumbered fight, it was pretty clear to Ryuuji had Dranth been more discerning in how he fought rather than being overly aggressive and extending in places he shouldn’t have he might have had a better chance, whether or not he would have won was pretty dubious given how powerful that old frog man had been, the monks working together pretty well, the ones who had been devastated were largely so because Dranth was just too fast and strong, maybe..they were calculated costs, perhaps another strategy to draw Dranth into a false state of feeling superior like he had it in the bag? That might have been it. The monks had been highly calculated,..it really wouldn’t have surprised Ryuuji if that was part of their plan all along.

As Saoirse called the slave’s names Garrret and Jastira looked rather surprised, perhaps unaware that the appraisal they had felt earlier was Saoirse’s doing. Kiora and Zalihn however weren’t as surprised by the fact she used their names but by the fact that she chose to bother using their full names at all.

Garrett Read
e1224f6d009b6c8389e2fd2652788029.jpg

The young man looked back at Saoirse, blinking a bit before giving her a nod that he at least acknowledged her presence. However his expression was unchanging in how he looked pretty serious.

Kiora Grenala
106d61f1da53699d418c1c642970456a.jpg

Kiora almost seemed to light up a bit when she heard Saoirse say that there was an opportunity to get away from Dranth, like that was the best thing she had heard in quite some time.

Jastira Veidi

elf-1-1.png
On the other hand Jastira also looked relieved at this notion but for different reasons entirely, while Kiora looked like she was excited at the opportunity, Jastira looked incredibly relieved more than anything.

Zalihn Wylxina

A determined look fell upon Zalihn’s face as she listened to Saoirse’s words, a similar steely glint of conviction like she had when she had gone up against Ryuuji.

Surprisingly the one who had been the most distant spoke up first.

“I’ll speak first.” Garrett said.

“Frankly Miss Desrosiers, my abilities are being wasted in the service of Mister Dranth. All he has me do is errands that you could get a basic construct to perform. On the topic of that, while it is true I grew up on a farm, I believe my skillset would serve well as a Tinkerer. Those around me have said I would be well suited for an academy setting, but unfortunately what Mister Dranth said is true, my immediate family members are deceased.”

“Despite this I’ve looked at a lot of materials, my memory is quite efficient , If you can provide me with the necessary materials, I’m certain I could bring in a serious cash flow making my acquisition worth while.”
The youth said, sounding pretty confident in his proposal.

After Garrett said all of that Kiora was quick to speak up next.

“You’re seriously saying that you’d be willing to take us in and help us get better at what we do best if you’re impressed?! Hah, while Garrett might promise you profit eventually if you let him work on something he can’t even promise you will work or sell, I can assure you one thing Desrosiers, I can help get valuables. I was a member of a certain guild..which lets just say made valuables disappear.”

She paused with an excited smile before continuing,

“I still know how to find the right people, and targets to make it happen, not only that I’m quick on my feet, and I’m pretty great with daggers. But honestly, If I’m being real, I wanna get rich, like FILTHY rich, and I’m determined! I’ve been with some pretty rough crowds, and never let danger get in my way for something shiny, which of course would mean a lot more shiny things for you!” She sounded rather confident.

Zalihn spoke up not long after. “It’s simple, in my life I want to be the best at whatever I do, whether it’s brewing or casting spells to crush my targets. I cannot accept any less. And I’m telling you right now there’s a much larger and more accessible market for potions then whatever mad science experiment that boy is thinking about cooking up. And don’t even get me started on Kiora, are you really gonna trust the words of some criminal?”

“I’m also knowledgeable on how to survive in the wild and make due with what you have, I lived in the forest for most of my life after all so I know my way around those parts.”

Jastira then piped up, going from the incredibly worried look to a much cooler and collected one, perhaps even a bit smug.

“Tch, I find it rather laughable how a witch of the forest with anger issues thinks herself much better than a criminal! Conversely, I am of a most elegant and proper background, I am capable of producing a melody with my voice which is sought after by many, not only that but I have a profound stage presence unlike many others.” With some reading between the lines it was pretty clear Jastira had shifted so quickly between looking nervous to how she actually felt as a means to show off her ability to act.

“In my life I strive to become a star, adored by many, that’s what I was heading toward before I ended up in this..most interesting situation..but please I implore you, Miss, I promise you I’ll make it worth your while, put me in front of the right audience and see the opportunity for positive relationships with those you deem valuable..I offer not only the opportunity for wealth but for influence and support that only adoring fans can provide..” Jastira at least seemed to know how to sell herself. She was even pretty good at concealing how it was likely she actually felt. Regardless it was pretty clear she wanted nothing to do with Dranth any longer.

Melia Hayward
GYOmdVf.jpg

Melia looked at each of the slaves with interest as they spoke, it looked like based on her expression she was thinking about them as they spoke, and what it might be like to travel with one of them moving forward for the long haul.

Ryuuji heard them out and he saw several opportunities for making money, the majority of them being a gamble but potentially viable, based on what that being had told him before he was reincarnated, even the criminal could steal from other criminals and not incur any legal penalties, Ryuuji was also well aware just how much sway idol types had in his home country, so having someone who could get Saoirse influence by association was far from a bad thing…thne there was the ambitious youth who promised he could delivers impressive goods if given the materials and time Ryuuji gathered, while they might be higher price items when they sold, he wasn’t sure what the market was as far as affordability was concerned. Getting someone who knew how to brew wasn’t a terrible idea either, that could definitely be monetized too, and she would be someone else to practice magic against, perhaps dealing damage which Ryuuji could then practice healing but her personality was..less than desirable.

Ryuuji was curious to see what Saoirse would value out of her options, it would give him a better idea moving forward too of the types she was looking for. While all of this was taking place many of the monks had started to clear away from the area and go about their daily business now that the main event was over, some also starting to clean up the area from the contest.

Saoirse Desrosiers

Having gathered the attention of the slaves, she was carefully taking in their words, giving them a score in her mind. Garrett was at a -1 for having looked like his wasn't all there, yet his willingness to go first and ability to start formulating his request quickly got him back to 0. She had to agree his abilities were wasted, his titles spoke of there being some use to him in that regard. She didn't like the fact he added needless chatter. She didn't ask him about his family situation. A tinkerer could be useful, but it was one of the lesser-marketable crafts. She wasn't sure if she could have him make armour and gear for Melia all that easily, but if she could, that'd be a big saving and perhaps a future profit... “What type of goods would you create?” She figured she'd give him a shot to try to convince her further. His major plus point thus far, however, was that he had the right obedient attitude. Possible future savings, good attitude, clever kid, good titles, something to develop and make flourish... She'd estimate him at about a 5/10 when it came to potential as it was.

Sadly enough Kiora was also adding needless chatter in her statement by going after Garrett first. Saoirse didn't like how there wasn't a title either, just 'Desrosiers'. Whilst Garrett hadn't used 'mistress' or something more suiting, he'd at least used 'miss' first. This one didn't use anything like that at all. The way she sold herself lined up very well with the titles she owned. That said, her desire was troublesome. A slave would never truly own a thing, as they and their belongings were their master's. If this one wanted to get rich, she'd never get there. Worse, even, it sounded like she'd be a risk of trying to go against her somehow. She'd have to really get this one on board with being a slave... She decided to confront her about it. “You are aware that a slave can never truly own anything?” Right now, Kiora had more immediately useful skills, yet an even more problematic disposition. Worst, however, was that she didn't have an innate desire that involved self-development. Getting rich wasn't a way towards flourishing. Just like that, she'd dropped from being considered the one with the most potential, to the one with some of the least; 2/10.She'd better have a really good reply ready if she'd want to stay in the race.

Zahlin started at a -5 from being a hot-head and trying to attack Ryuuji. Both of those had been highly stupid moves. That said, wanting to be the best was a good start on the way towards flourishing. Zahlin did have a strong innate motivation, which was highly useful. Sadly enough, bad-mouthing the others and not addressing her anywhere near properly were two major set-backs. Right now, even with how much weight her seemingly strong internal motivation was pulling, 1/10 seemed generous. “What if you had to chose between your brewing and magic, would you be willing to give up on one entirely?” She asked, wanting to know the type of answer she'd get as much as she wanted to know the contents of the answer.

Jastira couldn't help make Saoirse chuckle a bit. A slave calling themselves elegant and proper, despite not even being beast, was rather humours. Truthfully, having an actress on board was highly intriguing. There was, however, one mayor issue in Jastira's please. “Adoring fans, but they'd be your adoring fans. To them, I might only be the evil slaver keeping the object of their adoration captive, no?” She really wondered if Jastira could get a good enough reply out, as right now, the idea of trying to make Jastira famous was a really appealing prospect with regards to making someone flourish. Jastira also seemed to have some good social sensibilities. At the moment, she might be in the lead; 6/10.

Garrett Read
e1224f6d009b6c8389e2fd2652788029-1.jpg
Garrett was quick to answer her question.

“Most anything with moving parts which could potentially be developed for utility or military purposes. I’m not certain if you’ve ever seen what the gnomes are capable of, but I reckon with enough practice I could do similar if not better.” Referring to the ‘flying’’ like devices and firearms which those beings had been heard of creating, as well as more complicated moving parts which served functions in larger machines.

“But truthfully one day beyond firearms, utility gear, mechanized trinkets, or systems for larger projects, I’d strive to make constructs, regardless of what the others say, it’s undeniable that there’s use and demands for those.”

Kiora Grenala
106d61f1da53699d418c1c642970456a-1.jpg

Kiora’s expression shifted to one of thought as Saoirse dropped that bit of fact that slaves were really only allowed to have what their masters permitted them to use, any goods could be stripped away at a moment's notice.

“I guess you're right…I hadn’t thought about it like that.” She sounded a bit more subdued now, before she continued,

“It’s not just getting the shiny things, it’s the thrill of getting them! If you think I’m satisfied where I’m at..there’s no way, this is a way of life for me! I want to keep aiming for more impressive feats, I wanted to take over as leader of the guild but I could settle for putting my effort toward however you deem my skills most valuable ! If being owned by you means that getting to keep whatever I take or not is decided by you, then..that’s still more preferable to staying with Mister Dranth any longer!”

She exclaimed, looking more determined now. That was a pretty bold move to just say outright with him not all that far away, it sounded like she was quite keen on getting out from being under his ownership. That much was understandable from the presumable beatings he gave out from time to time as evidenced.

Zalihn Wylxina
37afe2df6e8458f9f2566ebdb1f35b07-1.jpg

When Saoirse spoke to her she looked back, the same determined look not leaving her face, but much like the other’s Saoirse’s question left her with something to consider. She looked to her catalyst, then back to Dranth’s direction, and then back to Saoirse’s.

“If I had to give up on one entirely, I guess..as much as I absolutely hate to admit it..it’d be the magic, I was always better at brewing..thats why I even have this catalyst here, because for some reason..I should be able to do what HE can do..but here I am, so yeah..I’d strive to become the best damn potion brewer this side of the world has ever seen.”

Jastira Veidi
Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 2.06.28 PM.png

Jastira looked back at Saoirse as she too was now in thought but unlike the others she took significantly less time, smiling a bit Saoirse’s way as her ears picked up on the bit of chuckling.

“Oh, I can assure you, I have ways of preventing problems like that..” Jastira then once again changed her tone and the way she presented looking like any bubbly and caring idol type would be.

“In addition to all of your support, I would like to give my sincerest gratitude toward my ever supportive, and my most beloved owner Miss Desrosiers! Without her It wouldn’t be possible for me to get better each day and be here in front of you all to give this special performance which was made just for you!” Jastira really played up the friendly, extroverted, and caring look, before she reverted back to the more somewhat snooty vibe she had.

“Of course I would only be speaking the truth..based on the far from above average conditions of your property.” She’d gesture to Melia and Ryuuji

“ I'd go as far to say I'm certain that would be the case. Plus, after all you’d be the one accredited for really allowing me to improve and choosing to share me with the world as not only my owner by manager, rather than keeping me locked up in someone’s group..” She’d glance over to Dranth then back to Saoirse.

Ryuuji Kamimura

Ryuuji during this process stayed rather quiet waiting and observing, listening to their answers which thankfully they had used common so far. Garrett didn’t sound like a bad choice if he could make good on his skillset constructs could be high price items, or even working in tandem with the West Empire military and get paid there wouldn’t be bad.

Kiora and Zalihn if truthful could also provide them some income or be of use depending on how Saoirse wanted to operate, they really could get a proper adventuring party going at this rate depending on who was picked, which wouldn’t necessarily be bad.

Then there was Jastira…Ryuuji couldn’t help but get a gut feeling..she was perhaps closer to how Saoirse or himself operated. Which wasn’t bad to have as an ally, it was pretty obvious to him she was the sort who could be manipulative if she desired, and she was rather attractive..as far as he was concerned, she shouldn’t be hard to sell, gaining influence in areas through her fans sounded far from a bad thing too.. granted he wasn’t entirely sure how popular she’d be with beasts but that was mostly because he wasn't one himself, but he was sure they could find the right demographic if her voice was as good as she implied.

Ryuuji supposed worse case scenario if Saoirse made an unfavorable choice she could just sell off the slave or trade them for another.

Melia Hayward
GYOmdVf.jpg
Melia had largely stayed quiet too, also listening still until she did speak up a bit more softly looking toward Ryuuji. "I wonder who she'll pick..this selection has some promising people for different reasons.. I'm sure whoever she picks It'll be the right choice." Melia said having faith in her Mistress.

Ryuuji nodded responding softly back, "Right you are..we have ways of making it work..whatever the case."

Saoirse Desrosiers

She looked at Garrett and nodded. What he promised to offer sounded incredibly useful, but she realised the biggest downside was that it would take a lot more than just for 'him' to be her slave. She'd need to get the guy a workshop, tools, perhaps even personnel. As highly appealing it seemed to have a slave that could essentially build more slaves for her, in the form of constructs, she knew he'd be not be able to offer her much at the very start.

Kiora was interesting for sure, but Saoirse, when it came down to it, was too lawful to risk it. It was clear Kiora lacked two important things as well, motivation to serve her and play along and motivation to really develop her own skills. Although her skills might deliver the most instant benefit, it was clear they'd also be the most risky and most likely to result in trouble later down the line.

Zahlin, to her surprise, choose for brewing. Could someone that perfected brewing be considered flourishing? It was a truly interesting thought, but Saoirse's issue with her was the same as it had been with Garrett. She'd need too many resources to really help her out with that in the short term. Even more to make it profitable.

However, Jastira was quickly winning her over. The act was convincing. She was quick-witted. Clearly, she also had the wits to sense Saoirse's intention and to reply in accord to that. Not only could this girl be amazing for her reputation, she could be great at helping her win over customers and potential future slaves alike. Her singing might even be an immediate possible source of revenue, without needing any expensive tools or set-ups. Not only that, the girl delivered the finishing blow by expressing both a willingness to develop herself to flourish as a singer as well as a willingness to do so under Saoirse's guidance, like she'd known exactly which buttons to press to get Saoirse hyped up.

As Saoirse's smile widened, she took out the contract from before and, having made her choice, signed the name [Jastira Veidi] on it to complete the official transfer of property. “Congratulations Jastira, you're in.” She stated, clearly suggesting it was a hefty prize that Jastira just won for herself. “Whenever we stay at a public place, I'll allow you to perform, both as a way to practice and gain fame, as well as to generate revenue.”

She then turned to the others. “As for the three of you, I have a different proposal. Right now, mister Dranth has signed a deal that'll have the three of you be trained by these frogs for three months, meaning that he will have to adjust to their regime as well. Take this as your chance to show him you're worth more than he gives you credit for...” She then spoke at a hushed voice, a lot more mischievous... “or work together to use this exercise to break him altogether and turn the tables on him.” She chuckled, acting like she'd never said a thing at all. “Either way, I'm afraid I currently do not have the capital or resources to fully provide for either a Tinkerer nor a Brewer, but should I acquire those within the next three months and should mister Dranth suddenly be willing to sell his slaves for some reason, I'd be willing to buy you from him.”

She turned to Kiora. “As for you, take these months as a time to find out on what you might wish to develop about yourself. Being rich would be great, but I do not believe that it would lead to flourishing. If you find something to strive towards, to develop yourself towards, I would consider extending my offer to buy you as well, should the time come.”

Truly, she was a saint, giving even the rejects a chance to sell themselves to a better owner. That said, she saw some degree of potential in all of them and simply hated seeing it go to waste. Oh, right, the fact that the next three months might mean Dranth effectively gets broken down and gives up to the point he might sell them for cheap was also a fun prospect. Either that, or the frogs would change him so much that he'd free his slaves, which would be a waste, but it was a calculated risk she'd have to take.

She then turned to Ryuuji. “Get rid of the bruises on our newest companion, will you? We can't have this future start be looking like her master would abuse her.” She smiled, already imaging future possibilities. “Right, you might as well practice on the other three as well, now that the frogs are in control, that would be a logical thing, no?” Perhaps she could still get these three to develop something of a saviour complex towards her, even though she didn't take them right away.

For the immediate future, she could sell Ryuuji's healing and use Jastira to draw in customers and/or get tips by performing, whilst Melia would ensure that nobody would try anything stupid. She smiled at Melia next. “Seems like I can't give you a training partner just yet, but she should definitely be of use getting us funds for new gear.”

Time: Mid Afternoon

Ryuuji Kamimura
Ryuuji watched this development with interest as Saoirse was deciding which slave to pick. He had been continuing to quietly assess the risk of each choice and what would bring them value as a group, afterall a useless slave was pretty much just a resource sink which they didn’t want as far as he was concerned as he was sure Saoirse felt pretty similarly.

When he saw Saoirse write down a name he felt some anticipation build, as to what her choice would be. When he heard Jastira, he felt a bit relieved. Thank goodness, that would surely be a safe bet if they could get someone like her some fans..if she was half as good as what she claimed to be at singing of course that was. It would also mean there was some revenue to be made pretty quickly if Saoirse could get her working. Since she had picked her some thoughts went through Ryuuji’s mind since he had last been in Japan, he had seen idol groups in his time, maybe he could make some suggestions to Saoirse based on that and see if employing some of the same strategies might help Jastira become more profitable for her. Surely there was some sort of cheap magical stick that glowed which could be passed out to audience members to participate no? There were all kinds of possibilities in Ryuuji’s mind now..yes this was a good choice, if he had to be enslaved then..Saoirse was turning out to be most ideal.

Jastira Veidi

Jastira looked back at the others who had once been enslaved along side her with a bit of a smug look upon her face.

“Of course, I promise that you made a wise decision my managing mistress~” She responded looking back to Saoirse before giving her a bow.

“I think that’ll be a grand arrangement. Of course even if I know that I’m simply meant to be on stage in front of the masses, you have to start somewhere..Mister Dranth wasn’t exactly great at helping me keep that public momentum going..” She said looking a bit distastefully in his direction.

Garrett Read
e1224f6d009b6c8389e2fd2652788029-1.jpg

Upon seeing Jastira get selected instead of himself, he clenched his fist, and looked down a bit, his eyes just out of view by his hair now, however he looked up again when Saoirse turned to speak looking curious at what she had to say. Garrett nodded at Saoirse’s words.

"I’ll show everyone what I'm made of then…Thanks for the opportunity. And thank you for keeping the possibility open.” He said looking determined. Even if she hadn’t bought him she had given him the ability to try to show his worth so he could be doing what he wanted and it was apparent he was thankful for that. His eye also looked intrigued at the latter part of her suggestion like the thought hadn’t crossed his mind, about turning the tables on Arranog, even as it was obvious he understood he did not comment on that bit.

Zalihn Wylxina
37afe2df6e8458f9f2566ebdb1f35b07-1.jpg

Zalihn however visibly stomped her foot, and grumbled under her breath to herself when she saw that Saoirse wasn’t picking her, not only that but she glared daggers Jastira’s way when she had given that smug look, it wasn’t unreasonable to assume that Zalihn wanted to slug Jastira in the face or perhaps throw a spell her way.

However she did listen to Saoirse’s proposal as well if more agitated than the others while she did it..however when she heard there was still an opportunity to be possibly purchased later the same steely glint of conviction took hold in her eyes, when Saoirse mentioned possibly turning the tables on Dranth she looked over his way with daggers and then looked back to Saoirse.

“I’m gonna train really hard, and when you see me again I’ll prove that I AM capable of being the best damn brewer the Spirit King has ever laid eyes on!” She exclaimed sounding highly motivated to prove to not just Dranth but everyone that she was in fact capable, given the really quite bold claim.

Kiora Grenala
106d61f1da53699d418c1c642970456a-1.jpg
Unlike the other’s Kiora’s reaction manifested in the way of her excitement at the prospect turning into what looked like a deep disappointment and pout on her face, before glancing over at Dranth and the same concerned look from before took hold upon realizing that she might have to deal with more beatings if whatever program the frogs had in store didn’t get through Arranog’s skull.

However she did look a bit intrigued when Saoirse mentioned turning the tables. A somewhat mischievous glint in her eyes, unlike the other two she didn’t proclaim that she’d show anyone anything more like she was in thought, but when Saoirse addressed her more specifically she looked over at attention.

"I'll prove that I can flourish in whatever I set my mind! No matter what the others said about my background! I’ll be a worthy purchase yet, I swear!” She said, sounding more determined once again, the tone shifting.

“Of course Miss Desrosiers.” Ryuuji was quick to respond to her with another low bow with her height in mind.

I Swear I'm Just a NPC Healer! - Magic School Hands of Restoration F (Heal F), Magic E, Componentless Magic E, Magic Range F, Magic Area of Effect F, - Grade E 1 Post cooldown.
Ryuuii heals minor injuries, aches, and pains up to 30 ft away from him, within a 15 ft AOE.

This time he didn’t even make a grand gesture, he didn’t need too with componentless magic, the skin that was exposed on his hands gaining the glowy lines once again, until suddenly the bruises on Jastira went away, as did any of the bruises on the other few slaves. He got a thanks from Garrett and Kiora, however Zalihn still seemed rather bitter over the magic issue, pouting a bit after being healed up.

“My my, who would have thought a human of all things would know how to really use magic like that?” Jastira commented, looking at herself, evidently pleased the bruising had gone away.

“Must be a testament to your abilities if you can even get something like him to cast like that, without a catalyst no less?” She said turning to Saoirse.

Melia Hayward
GYOmdVf.jpg

Melia looked to Saoirse first. “Thank you for your generosity Ma’am, Of course you made a stellar decision as usual and new gear will definitely come in handy, I’ll make sure to keep our new friend safe too, ” She replied while eventually looking over to Jastira toward the part about protecting.

“Well if your human is capable of casting like that, and I already saw what that one was capable of in her fighting..then I imagine what she says is true and I will be in safe hands.”

After that was all said and done Some of the remaining frog monks then proceeded to brief Arranog and his remaining slaves as to what they could expect. Mainly that Dranth was expected to not lay a finger on his slaves to harm them, and that the assets needed for their respective skill sets would be provided in part at Dranth’s expense as part of the agreement the frogs wanted which surprisingly it looked like Arranog was willing to go through with since he had made that deal.

Saoirse, Melia, Ryuuji and Jastira were free to do as Saoirse saw fit for the rest of the day.

Saoirse Desrosiers

Managing mistress? That surely had a fun ring to it. If she hadn't been convinced of her choice already, she'd been even more convinced now. She was a tad surprised the other three were hopeful and took her words to heart. It honestly meant Dranth had done a great job, in a sense, as he'd made these slaves desperate for a better future, which made them an ideal bunch to pick up and try make flourish. Perhaps she should target more slaves like this in the future? Either way, she'd be curious to learn what she'd return to after three months, should she run into Dranth again.

Jastira was further proving to fit right in when she complimented Saoirse for Ryuuji's magical capabilities. That said, Saoirse was gracious enough to share some of that praise. “My only ability was to spot and verify his potential and assuring he'd be trained rather than eaten by gnolls. The rest is thanks to his own work and the training from these frogs bringing out the potential.”

As for deciding on their tasks for the rest of the day, Ryuuji was lucky that Saoirse had forgotten about his pendant and was debating their next moves instead. “Considering the frogs proved their worth, we'll stay here a few more days to ensure we get the most out of them.”

She turned to Jastira. “These frogs have a fairly large library that we'll be digging through. What we're looking for are areas within the Empire with a population wealthy enough to pay for entertainment and healing, but poor enough to not be able to afford those things regularly. You should look up what type of folk songs and topics are popular in these areas in order to prepare some songs on them. Matching what's already popular in such areas would be a great start, especially considering you're not a Beast and might not draw in any attention or negative intention if your songs seem against our culture. You should also let me hear you sing, come to think of it, as I'm curious to know what I'll be working with.”

She turned to Ryuuji. “You're free to come help out in the library as well, in planning our next journey, but your main focus should be training your ability to cast a lot. We'll be selling your healing to the masses soon, so you'd best be able to keep up. Ah, right, I'll also give you permission to use the baths in the evenings.” She decided to be generous and give him some time off to recover, as things had gone exceedingly well thus far.

Then she turned to Melia. “I'd like for you to continue your training with the frogs for now, although we'll meet again at the baths tomorrow.” She hesitated for a moment, but figured some team-building might not be a bad thing. “Jastira, you'd be welcome to join us as well.” With that all planned out, it felt like their time here was definitely some time well-spent. It'd already earned her a free slave and and some future potential candidates and increased Melia's and Ryuuji's powers, after all.

Time: Mid Afternoon

Jastira Veidi
Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 2.06.28 PM-1.png

“So humble too, he best be thankful that you graciously saved him from such a fate…Only so many I know of who would have even bothered.” Jastira spoke matter of fact.

Ryuuji Kamimura

Ryuuji of course nodded, “Naturally I’m ever thankful to Miss Desrosiers for saving my life and giving me an opportunity for..many great things, I look forward to working along side you Jastira."

Jastira looked back at him and just nodded with a smile, truthfully Ryuuji was already getting the vibe she probably met the Fae stereotype he had heard in which many of them saw humans as much lesser beings too, Ryuuji knew from experience with the sorts of smiles he had gotten in the office which reminded him of hers, the sort which were given when someone just wanted to get the interaction over with again. Well too bad, she’d be working with them whether she liked it or not, was the thought that crossed his mind.

Melia and Ryuuji both confirmed to Saoirse that they understood her intentions for staying longer.
Since they had proven valuable Ryuuji supposed Saoirse’s moves were calculated as far as not trying to extort the frog for unbalanced deals on the goods he saw, she was probably in the building good repertoire phase with them between Dranth and acting kind, should she come back later she’d have leverage to collect on her benevolence..exactly the type of strategy Ryuuji could understand and appreciate.

Jastira was immediately at attention when Saoirse spoke to her, at attention. “Of course I can provide a nice test demo so you can hear what you’re working with, I think you’ll find it most pleasant.” It was pretty dubious that Jastira was pleased to hear that she’d have to sing songs focused on things beasts would respond to, to start, but even if she had displeasure she did a good enough job of masking it and being respectful to Saoirse.

“And I will admit you are correct, it is the nature of business to appeal to local tastes, I’m certain I’d be able to put together a list of relevant topics and songs once we figure out where we’ll be going next.”

“That..would be most appreciated change of pace, I’m afraid..that Mister Dranth had a tendency to want to.bathe..in closer ways...”
She almost shuddered when she said this.

Ryuuji couldn't help but almost grimace a bit at hearing that, but he stayed calm and collected.

When Saoirse got to the bit about training, Melia continued,

Melia Hayward
GYOmdVf.jpg

“Sounds like a plan, I think I can get those fundamentals down from that sword guy, and then I’ll be even readier to rumble, and thank you once again, you humble me by allowing me the opportunity to accompany you.”

Ryuuji also looked agreeable, “Very well, I have a feeling there are likely still more skills and ways of using magic which will improve my abilities.”

He nodded at the library bit, “I’ll assist there too then there are probably some useful maps we could access and information about strategic areas , but as you say my priority will be perfecting my magic for our benefit, and I too appreciate the opportunity to bathe in the water, and if we’re fortunate perhaps we'll see some of those special qualities manifest in my casting abilities.” Ryuuji felt qualified for both at this point with how well everything had been going, between the magic finally working the way he intended and he already knew he had the booksmarts skills from his last life to help with library work.
---
From that point the plans came together...as well planned. Ryuuji worked on his magic to get it down further for healing purposes. Melia continued to train with the elder frog so that she had a much better fundamental stances which would compliment her own fighting style for offensive and defensive purposes. Jastira demonstrated her singing abilities which it was apparent she was quite capable of hitting high notes as well as those in a more reasonable range, it was also more obvious why she had been on tour to begin with she was simply better than many who would try to do the same. In Ryuuji’s off time he helped for the research, there were in fact maps of the West Empire in the library as well as information on areas, which they would be able to determine which ones best fit Saoirse’s criteria and wouldn’t kill their budget on travel ideally. Jastira also tried her best to find information on what was popular in the area(s) which Saoirse deemed appropriate.

Meanwhile Dranth and his slaves diligently held out their part of the deal and let the frog monks teach the trio. One working on Tinkering, another on their melee combat, theft, and stealth, and another one who had the opportunity to perfect her brewing skills. After the number of days Saoirse deemed appropriate for them to spend their past, the group was ready to move onto their next ambitions, having solidified a better repertoire with the monks and the opportunity for later profit.
---
Narrator Note: Do not add rewards to character sheet until confirmed by grader.

Narrator Reward Suggestions:

Saoirse Desrosiers

Optional title- [Liudong Lianhua Monastery Affiliate F]
Character has made a positive impression on the Liudong Lianhua Monastery faction. Character is more likely to be trusted, be received well, and receive aid from faction members.

A Grade Narrator Reward (35 points): Companion F Jastira Veidi
Jastira Veidi
Goals: Become famous and gain fans.
Become the best Songstress.
Live a life of luxury and comfort.
Equipped Titles: [Fae] [Elf] [Educated] [Property of Saoirse Desrosiers]
Height: 5’6
Weight: 144 lbs
Current Life: As a world native, Jastira Veidi comes from an affluent privileged background from the See of Fae. Due to this she grew up wanting little, some might say to the point of detriment in her personality, the word ‘no’ not in her parent’s vocabulary frequently. She also inherited the belief that fae are the inherently superior race and that the lesser races should know their place in the world, partaking in a Fae supremacist organization with her family designed to preserve fae culture and maintain the status quo. Jastira is proficient in knowing how to work people socially to get what she wants when she wants it.Thanks to her privilege since she was young her natural singing ability was allowed to be honed which enabled her to try her hand at a career in singing and becoming well known.She had use in diplomacy for her family through her singing, who used her well. However on a fateful day while she was on tour her caravan was attacked and she ended up getting taken by slavers who brought her back to the West Empire. From there she was purchased by Arranog Dranth, a brutal slave owner who liked to use physical discipline.While she is capable of putting on an overly friendly, caring, bubbly and social persona which she knows will do her public performance career well, Jastira is much more self focused on a personal level, and holds prejudice toward those she deems lesser than her. Despite these qualities she is extremely driven to carve a path for an easy life with fame and fortune, with adoring fans who’ll make hers just that much easier.
Acquired Titles:
[Fae]
[Elf]
[Educated]
Jastira was trained how to be a Songstress from a young age, involving how to sing and present herself on stage effectively.

[Mundane]

[Property of Saoirse Desrosiers]
Slave belonging to Saoirse Desrosiers.
Points at Start: 70
Points Earned: 0
Points Spent: 70
Points Not Spent:
Stats:
Strength - F
Precision - E (7)
Intelligence - B(28)
Vitality - F
Speed - F
Character Grade= E
Skills: (list skills here. List skill name, grade, and defining numbers associated with skill like distance for skills like Range. Skill List is further down on page. Purchase and Upgrade them as you see fit with points you have.)
  • Feature:[Ears: Pointy] (0)
  • Magic F (7)
  • Educated [Songstress] F (7)
    Jastira was trained how to be a Songstress from a young age, involving how to sing and present herself on stage effectively.
    Performance [Singing] F (0, Educated)
    Deception F (0, Educated)
    Etiquette F (0, Educated)
  • Persuasion F 7
  • Focus F (7)
  • Heightened Sense F (Hearing) (7)
  • Seduction F (0) (Born For This 7 point discount)
  • Feature: Perfect Pitch (7)
Abilities:
  • All for you! - Performance Singing F, Etiquette F, Persuasion F, Deception F, Focus F - Jastira sings to try to entertain and win over her audience. E Grade 1 post cooldown.
  • Just Trust Me -Persuasion F, Deception F, Focus F, Etiquette F - Jastira attempts to socially influence her target to see things her way. E Grade 1 post cooldown.
Equipment:

Items:
  • Basic White fabric shirt
  • Basic white fabric shorts
  • Basic wooden sandals
  • Rations
  • Waterskin
Assets:
(

Change Log:
  • Creation 1/28/2024: B intelligence (28), E Precision (7), Educated Songstress F (7) (Performance Singing, Deception, Etiquette) Persuasion 7 Magic F (7), Focus F (7) Pointy ears (Fae Mundane/Elf requirements met) Heightened Sense (Hearing) F (7) Seduction F (0, Born for This discount) Feature: Perfect Pitch (7)

Last edited:
Isekai Hell Grade

Elvario Elvario TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

Got strong pokemon vibes. Is that gary oak? Good effort narrating all the npcs. One of the few slave master things in IH that isn't coming off as weird. Little curious if this was meant to be critique on certain types of slave management or if it just came off that way.

Aftermath:
N/A

Ryuuji - 102pts (narrator)
optional title acquired [Object] - Character has been objectified beyond the norm. They are but a tool of their master's whims.

Saoirse - 68pts
optional title acquired - [Liudong Lianhua Monastery Affiliate F]
Character has made a positive impression on the Liudong Lianhua Monastery faction. Character is more likely to be well received, and receive modest aid from faction members if it doesn't put them out much.

optional skill acquired [Companion F Jastira Veidi] - if skill is taken, add 35pts to earned and spent portions of the character sheet. Jastira's block will match what time outlined above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back