• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

OOC Little Talks

Ah, Kaerri actually likes combat because it reduces the necessary thinking into "us vs. them," setting aside good vs. evil philosophy for later. Of course I enjoy the philosophy and hard decisions, too - and they tend to be more important to the story overall - but sometimes I just want to smack the bad guys into shape, too. ( ;) )

Alright, good to know Kaerri. There is that :)

Still afraid her options are too limited - especially with the lack of system mechanics - but thanks for letting me know how you feel. I am thinking up a freeform combat system based on Amber Diceless RPG that I might try to introduce but it's more likely that I'll leave it for the next RP I run *woof*

Enjoy the smacking, but unless Maggie walks over to the front line or the front lines are pushed to her, she is unlikely to participate in any actual fighting as things stand now.

And I'm proud to say that none of you could possibly anticipate what exactly I've got in store for you *rawrrr*

p.s. and for @Doctor Calgori if he gets there before all the enemies die of boredom

Map updated.

@Grey your people need you *woof*

@Doctor Calgori to hop into or not to hop into, that is the question! But drama aside, the treasure is not out here.

Dir6amx.jpg

Erk, sorry. Work and trying to get all my games updated slowed me up. Sorry Wolf. Will post today.

Of course, of course. I am always keeping in mind the sheer amount of games on your plate and I acknowledge that STing your own roleplays must always take priority. That is why I always give you a minimum of several days before woofing down on your door *woof*

I was actually worried you stopped getting alerts again ( ;) )

Does Maggie have time to run up and Silence Arianis, or is the spell already going/she's too far away? Alternately, does Maggie have time to run up and Divine Shield the group Arianis appears to be aiming at?

Maggie can indeed move + attack (use miracle in this case) just like she did previously, however since Arianis is already casting the spell Maggie cannot get there in time to stop her current cast. In other words, one fireball is definitely going to be launched regardless of what Maggie chooses, but she still has two main options with miracles:

Silencing Arianis, while not preventing the first fireball, will disable her from casting again for one minute. This is what you as a rule of thumb eventually want to do when fighting enemy magic users. The sooner the better, though sometimes it might not be possible from the start. In this particular case you'd have to let the first fireball slip by in order to stop any more from coming.

Shielding her targets will protect them against the first fireball, but will also leave Arianis free to cast again as it will be her turn next. You would likely find yourself facing the same choice again in that case, again and again until either Maggie runs out of shields or Arianis runs out of magic points. And if Arianis is casting only lvl 1 Fireballs, it is safe to assume that she can launch more than Maggie can stop.

While it might seem like the Silence choice is better, the Shielding tactic would work just as well provided that someone else is able to distract Arianis meanwhile which would in turn stop her from casting.

Normally I wouldn't elaborate in this much detail and leave it to you to figure it out with some hints, but seeing as the combat mechanics are so vague that even I am still working them out it wouldn't be fair to leave you traipsing in the dark *woof*

@Grey you realize that Valtieri has been standing right in the center of things, equidistant from all fighting lines? His Undead minion is separated from him, having kept walking and engaging the enemy on autopilot. Valtieri's order is fine even from a distance - no worries there but I was at first confused as to what he is doing himself. You said he takes cover behind the construct, which would mean he went into the upper front but then you have him withdraw so... I'm guessing either he stayed in one place or he went there and back again lol, in any case he is where he was *woof*

Updates for all coming up soon enough *rawrrr*

Map update.

NIB1k14.jpg

I jested, but jokes aside, no it is not. However I have learned much for my next game *woof*

We're done with map updates for the big group, but here goes a map series for @Doctor Calgori's pleasure *rawrrr*

uElfkIj.jpg

@Grey & @Kaerri

I was waiting on you two to post (Petal already did and Calgori had a valid excuse for the delay) but it just occurred to me that perhaps you don't have anything you want to post. This is perfectly fine - though I imagine your characters would have something to say lol - just make sure to tell me in the OOC if one of my updates leaves you speechless/clueless. That's one of the things this thread is for *woof*

However you also might have been planning to post but something else grabbed your attention. This is alright too. As this particular reply is not of critical importance, I will advance the storyline tomorrow night (which is about 24 hours from now) regardless of whether you two post or not. You can always write a hindsight paragraph if you like.

Brace yourselves. The end is upon us *rawrrr* ( ;) )

Oops. I went with option B. ( :P ) Going to go do what I'd been planning to do now...

Just a subtle reminder to @Grey and @Doctor Calgori

At this time all I've expecting is a series of shorter post - though by all means you are free to post more if you like, I just mean that there is not much that your characters can do physically. It's about exploring your surroundings and trying to navigate in order to find out what is going on, whether you're in the blinding dark or blinding haze *woof*

Sorry, I've been a bit busy with some unexpected RL stuff (specifically work, and Alexandra having some serious health issues).

Had the thread open to post over my lunch break but I guess I'll have to fold it into whatever's next, now.

*facepalm* Doh! Sorry. Meant to, forgot.

@Grey - of course. I couldn't know but will take that into consideration *woof*

@Kaerri - that's ok ( :P ) btw you are RPing Maggie very convincingly. Have you played a similar character before?

@Doctor Calgori - understandable *rawrrr*

@Petal - throw in your reply when you get the chance hon <3

Thank you! I was going to say no, but then I realized that's not quite true. Maggie is unique among my characters, but I do have some that share her faith in, well, faith. ( ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back