• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Literally an RP about worshipping giant robots, nothing could possibly go wrong here

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
A tentative sci-fi interest check. The futuristic section doesn't get a lot of love on here.

Inspired by Transformers, The Dragonriders of Pern, Gargantia, and other various mech anime.

The Order of the Iron Gods – A tiny cult that worship the withering remains of a precursor race of metal giants, known as the Iron Gods.

These soulless husks were once a mighty race of divine warriors that ruled over humans and protected them.

However, some gods turned their backs to goodness and light, and embraced the ways of sin and treachery. These Dark Gods enslaved the people they were meant to protect, and waged endless wars.

There was no force on this earthly plane powerful enough to end these relentless conquests. Desperate, humanity pleaded to Heaven for help.

Heaven responded.

It responded with a bombardment of righteous fury, of mighty boulders hurled from the stars in such a rage that the world was utterly destroyed.

Thus, the great and terrible reign of the Gods ended. Many of them were obliterated, but a few of their nigh-immortal bodies scatter the realm - rusted, hollowed, reclaimed by Heaven and Earth.

Most people believe that era to be over. Done. Closed.

But we believe that one day, our saviors will return again. In our darkest hour, they will return from the dead to smite Darkness once and for all.

They will lead us into Paradise.

. . .​

Y:\Users\Celeste>ping Ravager
Request timed out.

Y:\Users\Celeste>ping Vanguard

Request timed out.

Y:\Users\Celeste>ping Albion

Request timed out.

Y:\Users\Celeste>ping Liberty

Reply from Liberty: time=3.154e+13ms

Y:\Users\Celeste>status Liberty
Error. Contact your system administrator for support.

Player characters are a team of giant futuristic robots that reactivate a thousand years after a very violent end to a very violent war. The local farmers worship you. Shenanigans ensue.

Last edited:
So would that make us the giant robots? Or are we piloting giant robots?
Question of the century! I would like players characters to be the robots, much like how Transformers don't have human pilots.

Question of the century! I would like players characters to be the robots, much like how Transformers don't have human pilots.
How giant are we? And how mentally robot are we?

And why would we care if humans worship us?

D. Rex D. Rex
  1. You are large enough to be taller than your new human friends, but small enough that describing your character trying to interact with others doesn't make you pull out your hair in frustration. So maybe not a sentient air carrier.
  2. You have your directives to neutralize the enemy forces, but your artificial intelligence means you can express emotions and disagree with your fellow deathtraps.
  3. You don't have to care. But they might demand something in exchange for digging you out of the pit you were buried in.
Grey Grey light mode superior

D. Rex D. Rex
  1. You are large enough to be taller than your new human friends, but small enough that describing your character trying to interact with others doesn't make you pull out your hair in frustration. So maybe not a sentient air carrier.
  2. You have your directives to neutralize the enemy forces, but your artificial intelligence means you can express emotions and disagree with your fellow deathtraps.
  3. You don't have to care. But they might demand something in exchange for digging you out of the pit you were buried in.
Grey Grey light mode superior
And what are they gonna do if I refuse? Scratch the paint of the large war robot with their pitchforks?

Count me in. Out of curiosity, what caliber of weapon systems can we expect onboard our new, glorious metal bodies?
Shit caliber, because you've been mostly-dead for a thousand years! Jk, jk... Your opponents in the war would have been primarily other robots, using ordinances that your human creators would not be able to survive against.

There's also support-type robots, if you're into that. The "Celeste" system you see in the intro is one such robot, although they're currently, like.... on the moon. So, you know, not much help there.

You could also play a human if you want, maybe reenact The Iron Giant a few times over.

As a robot can i transform me self into a truck or other kind of vehicle like... a... Horten Ho 229?
On one hand, I question why you'd pick a Nazi stealth bomber. On the other hand, it's a lovely retro design, and while I don't want the RP to turn into "Transformers by another name", I can't really see any reason why a futuristic war bot wouldn't be able to fold up its wings and walk around/move itself while not airborne. Like, that's objectively cool as fuck.

MATAI
LOGGED UPTIME: 825:13:58:42

BOOT SEQUENCE QUEUED

LOSS OF POWER DETECTED, TIME/DATE UNRELIABLE
LOADING OS...

MATAI OPERATING SYSTEM (C) HYDE DYNAMAT INC
VERSION 1.31.122
OS BUILD 27775284

PERFORMING HARDWARE CHECK:
PROCESSOR: OKAY
INSTALLED RAM: OKAY
MOTHERBOARD: OKAY
STORAGE: OKAY
BATTERY: 27%
ORDINANCE: DEPLETED
HARDWARE CHECK COMPLETE

BROADCASTING STATUS
LISTENING FOR TELEMETRY SIGNAL...
NO SIGNAL ACQUIRED

On one hand, I question why you'd pick a Nazi stealth bomber. On the other hand, it's a lovely retro design, and while I don't want the RP to turn into "Transformers by another name", I can't really see any reason why a futuristic war bot wouldn't be able to fold up its wings and walk around/move itself while not airborne. Like, that's objectively cool as fuck.
AcceptableThriftyDutchshepherddog-small.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back