• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Like Blood On My Tongue OOC

Prodigious Mage

Well no one died, that's always a plus in my book.
Pretty much what it says on the tin, yeah?

This is the OOC Chat for 'Like Blood On My Tongue... Er, once people join that is.​

Okay, basic Vampire Lore.

There are Five Type's of Vampire's currently running around in story, including Dhampyr's.

Vampiree #1: Dead. Cannot come into contact with silver. Cannot see their reflections in mirrors backed by silver. Can be staked with wood through the heart and will turn to dust. Frozen at the time of their change. A little faster and stronger than humans. Can turn into bats. Have fangs. Have slightly heightened senses. Obsessively need to count things in mass quantities. Burn to a crisp in sunlight. Must be invited in. Have venom that can change humans into vampires and kills werewolves. Can die by werewolf bites.

They usually cannot control their thirst.

The eldest ones of this type of Vampire counts as their Pure Line's.

Cannot have children with one another, and just impregnate human woman, who will typically die because the fetus will devour them from the inside out.

Those turned by them are typically the same type as them, but can transition into a Type #2 Class Four if their first feeding is from a pure lined vampire.

Can feed from each other, but tastes like acid to others.

Vampire #2: Alive. Born as what they are typically. Weak to sun but don't burn from it. Can see their reflections in anything. Harder to kill. Cutting off their heads won't really work as they can be reattached in time and will heal. Usually have some kind of ability that runs in their families. Far faster and stronger than humans and have supernatural senses. The older ones can turn into an animal of their choice. Some have the power to turn humans into vampires and if the changed vampire does not drink the blood of the one who changed them, they'll go mad and have to be killed off.

Can feed from each other, but crave the blood of those they love, platonic, familial, or otherwise romantic, the most.

This is where the True Pure Line's descend from, they have a hierarchy consisting of five classes.

Class One - Pure Lined vampire's, those without an ounce of human blood in them, typically married siblings to each other for generations to keep powers in certain families, (oddly without adverse affects besides rising mental instability), most families have since transitioned away from this due to modern times, but make sure to at least keep marrying pure lines to other pure lines, and some still practice it due to greed.

Are typically treated like gods by the other classes, the only ones able to turn others in this class.

Currently only have about six to nine families per large country.

The strongest class.

Those descended from a union from a Pure Line and Human are immediately regulated to Dhampyr due to... Their freaky genetic make-up, and are shunned.

Immortal unless killed.

Class Two - Those with enough human heritage to pass for them, usually have powers, but not enough to be considered a Dhampyr.

Even if they only married siblings to for the rest of their existence, the already present human blood would never go away.

Have an absolute maximum lifespan of about three thousand years.

Class Three - Their version of Dhampyr's, those with enough human blood to not need blood to survive, but still crave it with every ounce of their being.

The abilities they're granted are very minor, and are usually regulated to extreme bidy enchantments.

Have a general life span of about five hundred years.

Class Four - Turned Vampire's, those turned by class ones.

Treated as little more than trash.

Need to feed from the Class One that turned them or they go insane after three months, and think, crave, and talk about nothing but blood.

Have no powers beyond the aversion to sunlight being completely absent in them.

Class Five - A rare mutation known simply as a 'Ghoul' who crave flesh instead of blood.

Usually killed, because they cannot ingest anything other than flesh and will, without question, go rabid at some point

Vampire #3: A mix of 1 & 2. Frozen in their state forever, but can eat and drink normal food like humans. The only differences between them and the Type #2 Vampires were the fact that the human has to die with the blood of this type in their system in order to be changed at all, that they can wear enchanted jewelry that can stop them from burning in the sunlight, and that they're extremely weak to the vervain herb.

Cannot feed from each other.

Typically have a witch #5 on speed-dial.

Can sustain on animal blood.

Vampire #4: Frozen in time. If changed too young, cannot mentally grow past where they'd been changed, which meant no changing children. The fastest and strongest of the Vampire Types, with the best senses. Few entered their immortal lives with quantifiable natural talents, but they were recorded with examples of Sight, Elements, and Shielding. Bodies like granite and with venom so light and a lack of pores that their skin gave a prismatic effect in the sunlight. Their feeding habits also determined the colour of their eyes. Black for hunger, red for human blood, gold for animal blood, and purple for blood from magical creatures. They were constantly cold because of lack of blood flow and granite-like skin and preferred living in dark places.

Cannot feed from each other.

The ones that actually have a problem with Werewolves.

Vampire #5: Completely human beyond the fact that they need blood to survive, and can use magic.

If they forcefully kill someone while feeding, they'll turn into a mix of a #1 and Class Five #2.

Their Dhampyr's are typically given jobs as bodyguards towards them, and are pretty much treated like shit.

A union between a Dhampyr and a normal vampire of this class is seen as taboo.

i made a cs i hope its good
also i think that with the kinds of vampires that can be turned as soon as they are turned they can be more powerful because of the remaining human blood in thier body

So that he's still figuring himself out, a young adult, likely just released from his parents.

Typically born vampire's mature at a very slow rate, so he could be about... Two hundred, but only physically nineteen and mentally about mid twenties.

So that he's still figuring himself out, a young adult, likely just released from his parents.

Typically born vampire's mature at a very slow rate, so he could be about... Two hundred, but only physically nineteen and mentally about mid twenties.
hm alright ill do that

Mages and witches are two different things, mages use arcane magic, and witches use herbs and the like to come to their spells. Mages can control magic at will while witches cannot.

lmao you could do that I believe, but I would check in with the owner of the rp first of course. I'm debating on making my werewolf a mage later on or if I should just keep her as a werewolf

I was thinking that the bat itself is an enchanted weapon, and becomes more powerful the stronger the user's fighting spirit gets. My character's (name pending) fighting spirit gets stronger the angrier he is, so when he's really angry, he's very strong, but also impulsive and super hotheaded.

I was thinking that the bat itself is an enchanted weapon, and becomes more powerful the stronger the user's fighting spirit gets. My character's (name pending) fighting spirit gets stronger the angrier he is, so when he's really angry, he's very strong, but also impulsive and super hotheaded.
thats kinda like what my character does, he can turn off his morals and knowledge and become a mindless murderous vamp

thats kinda like what my character does, he can turn off his morals and knowledge and become a mindless murderous vamp
Well they'd probably be terrible partners because neither of them have anyone to reign them in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back