• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Light or Dark Default?

Do you want to make the default style, Light or Dark? (Please read post).

• Light

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dark

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the light theme is more inviting to newer members.  That said, I'll continue to use the dark theme because it doesn't feel the need to wrap my username.

Personally, I like the darker theme, but the lighter theme is inviting. Also, could you [put some way to see if someone is online, 'cause I like to know how about long I'd have to wait between post replies..

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the skin layout for light but the dark theme is so much easier on the eyes. My vote is dark but only if it gets an upgrade.

I highly enjoy the Nightlife theme, but I think the Light colour scheme is more welcoming and presents a better idea of the site.

(Perhaps a more obvious button/menu to switch themes, though?)

I just tried the dark theme for the first time, and it's actually really nice. Not for long, prolonged periods, but for a change of pace it is nice.

Personally, I like the darker theme, but the lighter theme is inviting. Also, could you [put some way to see if someone is online, 'cause I like to know how about long I'd have to wait between post replies..

You can hover the cursor over people's avatars and the green dot that shows is self explanatory. Unless you're on mobile, then this method is rather inconvenient.

Anyway, I prefer the Light theme. Gives a great atmosphere for me. Although, I wouldn't mind switching to dark every once in a while since it's also neat and as others say, doesn't hurt the eyes but still I like the Light one, especially when considering the opinions of new people to the site ^-^.

Dark, because the ever-obnoxious banner is mostly hidden underneath the other forum graphics in that style. I've never been a fan of the gigantic site symbol at the top of every page, and this way it's not as annoying. Though seriously, wouldn't a simple emblem on the top left of the screen be alright? Also, what happened to Color Me? Shouldn't that one be in this poll too (not a fan, but technically speaking)?

You can hover the cursor over people's avatars and the green dot that shows is self explanatory. Unless you're on mobile, then this method is rather inconvenient.

Anyway, I prefer the Light theme. Gives a great atmosphere for me. Although, I wouldn't mind switching to dark every once in a while since it's also neat and as others say, doesn't hurt the eyes but still I like the Light one, especially when considering the opinions of new people to the site ^-^.

ah... Probably why I don't see it. I don't have a computer, so that's out. But thanks anyway ?.

Personally, I found RpN by just searching google for rp websites.  I chose RpN in part because the theme wasn't dark like the others I looked at.  I don't know, it just felt warmer and more inviting.  I think it's grate that we can switch to a dark theme, but I don't think it'd be such a grade idea to make it the first thing people see.

I'd prefer to have a light theme as RPN's default, I feel that it contributes to our unique identity. Lots of RP sites have a default dark layout. Not nearly as many have a light one.

where is the 'why not both?' button? jeez this is why i hate some polls. these are great options.heck dark mode can help with people trying t save on power if is at 50 or lower. however since i have to choose im going dark. like i said its energy efficient and looks cool with the right design

Light, I feel it better fits the energy, spirit and presence this site works to convey. Plus, I foresee a lot more issues for folks with formatting their posts if dark is the default. The dark is a great option for those that want it but I think it should stay that, an option. Something that people can turn on and off as they wish. 

where is the 'why not both?' button? jeez this is why i hate some polls. these are great options.heck dark mode can help with people trying t save on power if is at 50 or lower. however since i have to choose im going dark. like i said its energy efficient and looks cool with the right design

I think we will still have both, the poll is just asking for what the defult should be.  Like which one will people see first the first time they see RpN. :)

Dark, much easier on my eyes. The bright color can be a bit blinding to me. I don't mind lighter colors but so much white becomes quite overwhelming to look at. 

Wel this is why i like you..you get my puns :)

0606dc9e03f7bd8f603e121d2d8f9bb36b98fb7a8a2540ff35757bd10a91d8c0.jpg

The Dark/Night Life theme is much easier to read, both mobile and laptop/pc. 

For the default I believe it should be the light. After all it gives that original feeling for those who are new to the site. After that everyone can change to what they want. Plus a lot of other sites have that dark look by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back