• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Light or Dark Default?

Do you want to make the default style, Light or Dark? (Please read post).

• Light

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dark

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Though I do love the Dark theme, I'm voting light. Simply because it's more inviting to new members, or even to old members that haven't been on in a really long time and choose to return. I feel like if we change to Dark default it would completely throw them off Not that the update as whole won't already do that while the light would help them feel just a tad bit more at home and at ease with the changes.

I think that you should make it so that there's a way to set your time (or the website to find your time) and depending on the time the website will change from light mode to dark mode. Although, that would be only if the signed in user chooses that option.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as people have the option to change their settings to match their preferences, it doesn't really matter much which theme is the default. That being said however, I agree that the light version is more inviting to new members. The last forum I used to visit a lot had a dark theme, so when I first came to RpNation the lighter background was a welcome change. Took me a little while to get used to, but now I prefer it. 

I vote dark because the light is blinding lol plus the dark theme is more stylistic while the light is more simplistic. Those aren't two good or bad things that's just what I've noticed

EXcuse me i fInD THiS veRy InSULting tO my rACE. I IDEntiFY aS a GRAy ALieN and a MiSing GrAY DeFauLT OpTIon is TRIGgeriNG mE RIGht NOW.

IMO RPnation should stop making updates and shenanigans until they get everything back together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back