• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Life of the Guardians [Interest Check]

Which of these would you prefer for the RP?

• Action/Adventure (As it was in the original incarnation)

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • Slice of Life

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

NeonArmageddon

gae for women
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello good people of RPN, I am Neon (she/her), and I come to you today with an RP idea.

This is kind of a revival and a revamp of an old RP I did on another site years ago, though I have two different ideas on where to go with it, thus the poll.

The gist of the idea is this: the world is protected from harm by the Guardians - they are, in a way, like gods, each of them having control over an aspect of the world. Some have control over the elements - Fire, Water, Ice, Lightning, Earth, Nature... some have more complex domains to control, such as Time, Soul, Life, Death... regardless, each of them is supposed to use their powers for the good of mankind. All of them are under the watchful eye of the Mother Goddess, Eternia, who created the universe, and then the Guardians to have someone to help her maintain peace and balance in her lovely creation.

In the original version, the Guardians lived in an ancient forest that had spells placed on it that would scare away any trespassers and keep the Guardians' existence a secret, but I'm considering changing things up a bit. I was thinking they would have a floating island with a whole town on top of it, and be able to travel around the world with it. In addition, I'm not sure if their existence should be a secret, on one hand it does encourage the Guardians to interact with each other, on the other, it kind of makes it, so the Guardians can hardly interact with the world they're supposed to protect... definitely let me know what you guys think about these ideas.

In the original version, the story was supposed to start with Eternia being killed by a strange, unknown force, and the Guardians would have to deal with this new threat on their own, without the guidance from their creator, but I was also thinking that it might be a fun idea to just have these characters kind of living their lives as the protectors of the world... you know, going to have smoothies one minute, having to save a city from a fire the next, something like that. For this version of the RP, I'd probably still throw some threats at the characters every now and then, but nothing as serious as their creator dying and leaving them with barely any clue how to deal with an actual global-scale crisis. The focus would be much more on the relationships between the characters, their friendships, potentially even romance.

The OOC will probably happen in a Discord server, unless a majority of the people interested in the idea are against it. There would be an OOC thread either way, but I'll make it and the CS thread once there are at least a few people interested.

I also had a whole list of the Guardians' elements for this RP, some of which I realize are kind of silly and overlap (idk why I made Color an element, for example) but I can post it for inspiration in the CS thread, I don't really want to limit your element options, so as long as you can explain how your element works, I'll allow pretty much anything. Multiple characters are also allowed, I think 2-3 per person is fine, so that we have a decent sized cast for this.

I’m interested c:
And I’m all for a discord ooc, they give notifs way more consistently than rpn does
I’ll probably go for a nature themed character

I'm interested! I think I'd go for a lightning/electricty/energy character.
I'm cool with a discord OOC, and I like the action/adventure idea.
We could start the thread "slice of life-y" before jumping into the action. I'd be in the thread for the long-term, so it wouldn't matter to me when we actually got to the main action.

I haven't done group stuff in years and I'm a bit rusty, but I'd love to give this a go! Discord OOC works great for me. I have a few ideas for my character. I'd love to work with something like disease or aging, maybe even time if nobody else jumps at the chance to grab that up.

I don't mind the idea of starting with a more slice-of-life style setting before delving into action, but I do like the idea of there being a more concrete adventure to sink my teeth into!

I’m interested c:
And I’m all for a discord ooc, they give notifs way more consistently than rpn does
I’ll probably go for a nature themed character
Yeah, RPN is kind of terrible with notifications, and Discord having channels makes things easier to organize as well ^^

I'm interested! I think I'd go for a lightning/electricty/energy character.
I'm cool with a discord OOC, and I like the action/adventure idea.
We could start the thread "slice of life-y" before jumping into the action. I'd be in the thread for the long-term, so it wouldn't matter to me when we actually got to the main action.
I haven't done group stuff in years and I'm a bit rusty, but I'd love to give this a go! Discord OOC works great for me. I have a few ideas for my character. I'd love to work with something like disease or aging, maybe even time if nobody else jumps at the chance to grab that up.

I don't mind the idea of starting with a more slice-of-life style setting before delving into action, but I do like the idea of there being a more concrete adventure to sink my teeth into!
Hm, combining the two a bit might not be such a bad idea, but we'll see what the consensus is when more people join

Also, happy to see so much interest already!

I am interested, looking at water or ice. I have to go to work now but I will be back later to share my thoughts and interest more :)

Saw this, this looks pretty cool, totally down to join and I'm cool with discord for OOC

I'm interested in this if you've still got room! I think I might have an idea for a character, but I'll run it by you first!

I'm interested in this if you've still got room! I think I might have an idea for a character, but I'll run it by you first!
Absolutely, there still is, only just posted the CS thread a while ago (here), so there's plenty of free spots ^^ And I'd love to hear the character idea

Don't know if this is still open. Stumbled on the CS thread and it looked interesting so here I am! Interested if there's room.

Im Interested! Not sure whether or not to pick Chaos (If that is allowed Neon) as my element. or Fear.

Last edited:
I too have interest in this! I have no idea what sort of God I’d be, if I’d even choose to be a God (I always love playing underdogs) :D

Don't know if this is still open. Stumbled on the CS thread and it looked interesting so here I am! Interested if there's room.
Interesting concept! If ya still taking peeps, ill be interested into this-
Im Interested! Not sure whether or not to pick Chaos (If that is allowed Neon) as my element. or Fear.
I too have interest in this! I have no idea what sort of God I’d be, if I’d even choose to be a God (I always love playing underdogs) :D
Plenty of elements are already taken, but if you can work with the ones left, or come up with different ones then absolutely, feel free to hop onto the discord server ^^

Hey there, so I saw you posted your sheet, but I don't see you in the Discord server? That's where all the OOC stuff is happening, so just making sure you can/are willing to join it. The link is in this message:
Alright, the Discord server is up: here
Gonna start working on the Character Sheet thread now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back