• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Life is Strange Roleplay (Closed)

Rachel watched closely as Chloe began filling up all of the water balloons from the bag, barely being able to contain her excitement as she thought of the `epic battle` that they were going to have, but in reality it was just childish fun, then again was that really so bad? To just relax and let all of their worries fly away, whilst getting absolutely soaked at the same time, no it wasn't bad, it was the exact opposite, this will be so much fuckin' fun, she thought to herself, finally not having an argument with herself inside her mind for once, she laughed as the balloon popped in Chloe's hands, some of it getting onto her, and it was then she realised she was underestimating just how cold the water really was, although she'd suck it up. She followed Chloe out to the backyard, heading over to the basin on the right hand side, chucking her crutch over to the side of the garden as she picked up a bright orange balloon and gave it a little inspection. "Let the games begin." She announced now happily.

Game face on, Chloe knelt by the basin, her aversion to cold, freezing water overcome by the mildly warm day in Arcadia Bay, and the fact that Rachel was with her. She wasn't going to play fair or give an extra heads up. She planned to win a game she'd been playing since she was a little tot running around Arcadia Bay and wreaking havoc even then. Making a cheap shot, she tossed her first balloon at Rachel, a solid, sky blue, that landed inches from her feet, and cursed mentally. Better aim, Chloe. We have limited ammo and one invader. She dug her hand into the basin, which was already cold from the temperature of the balloons.

Rachel had expected at least some kind of starting announcement from Chloe, but she wanted to play dirty and fired the first shot, covering the left side of her with water, she practically hissed out of shock from the sudden and attack and in her temporary fright threw the balloon in retaliation at Chloe, which hit the actual basin she was collecting from itself, the balloon exploding it's water all over the surrounding area. Now grinning that she had gotten a good retaliatory hit by complete accident, of course she wasn't going to admit that, she instantly went for another balloon, this time not taking any moments to wait, throwing it immedinately again, barely missing and hitting the fence behind Chloe, god damn it Amber, try harder next time. She scolded herself for wasting vital ammunition on a fence.

Just as she'd been reaching into the basin to get in another dirty hit, something exploded in her face, splashing her with water. Damn it. She backed up too fast, falling over and hitting her elbows against the grassy ground. "Vengeance is mine!" She let out a fake war cry, crawling back to her bucket and throwing another, as it quite nearly got her in the knee, but just below. There was a time for pittance, and now was not the time. She was growing ambitious with her attacks, straightening up to take the offensive.

Rachel let out a laugh as Chloe backed up and as a result fell over, calling out "You can try!" As she went back over to get another balloon, however Chloe was too quick, and a balloon hit her right below the knee, she'd definitely underestimated either the power of Chloe's throws or the impact strength of those damn balloons, she stumbled over, nearly falling face first but saving herself with her hand placed down onto the ground just before she hit it with her face, smirking as she shook her head, grabbing another balloon and chucking it to Chloe this one hitting her on the waist, she was making herself a bigger target, whether she knew it or not by straightening herself, although now was not the time to stop mid-battle to work out her weak spots, now was the time for action.

"Agh!" Chloe over dramatized the hit of the balloon to her midriff, which was still very cold, but keeled over and pretended to have been shot instead. Edging back over to her bucket, she took advantage of a pink balloon, making aims for Rachel's stomach, which was pretty much an open target. Touche. She took back her arm, chucking it so that it wouldn't land so low, and desperately trying to grab another balloon, but it wriggled free of her grip damn slippery balloons and tumbled back into the bucket. As almost all the games they were doing today, at some point it got intense, and Chloe was breathing quickly, the drops leaking down her shirt, and some still on her face.

Rachel began to chuckle, for a surprisingly long period of time as Chloe over dramatized her hit, but far too late she realised that it was pretty much a trap, as Chloe took advantage of the distraction she was causing and threw a balloon that directly impacted with Rachel's stomach, letting out an unfortunately real grunt as it exploded all over her, and kneeling over a little bit, rubbing her stomach for a few moments before quickly making a move, almost stumbling towards the basin, still a little bit taken back from the impact and grabbed another balloon, chucking this one with a higher amount of force put into it now, headed towards higher up on Chloe's chest area this time, letting out a somewhat quiet grunt as she threw it, now crouching over so in the event of a retaliation the damage was minimized, smart thinking, I know now focus.

It was practically a mini storm of rain, aimed right at her chest, and it was fucking freezing. Chloe let out a little shake as the water seeped into her shirt, and caused a shiver to run down her spine. Getting up to jog away from the same spot that she kept being hit, she tried to get another one at Rachel's vitals, but Rachel seemed to be learning quickly, and the balloon only brushed up with her leg before splashing at her feet again. Chloe Price is not going down! She declared indignantly to herself, running back to get another balloon, but in the process risking getting hit again.

Rachel couldn't help but feel a little smug in hitting Chloe in the chest and causing her to shiver, although she knew that she shouldn't have been happy at the hit, she did, it was all just the thrill of the game getting t her she guessed, as she wouldn't have nromally reacted like that, then Chloe tried to reposition herself in order to have a better chance, a balloon from the opponent hit her by the feet, fortunately only a little bit of water seeping into her boots, otherwise the trip to the beach would've been uncomfortable and she otherwise would've had to get a new pair of something to wear, throwing yet another balloon at Chloe as she attempted to get more ammunition, it was a flimsy throw and she doubted it'd get an effective hit, her arm still a bit tired out from the last forceful throw. Damn..

The balloon did hit Chloe, but it didn't have enough power to explode by contact. Instead, it ricocheted off of her, and splattered on the ground. Laughing as she let out a whoop that she hadn't been hit, although her shirt already stuck to her stomach, and some of her hair was wet, Chloe launched another of her balloons, watching as it went up in the air, and hoped that it would get Rachel. Look at the two of us. We're acting like kids. Waiting for our parents to get back from work so we spend the day here, fooling around. Chloe smiled in thought. She was glad that Rachel liked to do these things with her. No one else would.

"Curses, foiled again!" She laughed out as her pretty much pathetic throw didn't even effect Chloe, grabbing another balloon just as Chloe's one was launched up into the air, and of course hitting Rachel right in the back, splashing as she hit the ground fully now, letting out a quiet groan as she rubbed her back, still smiling none the less and saying "Where did you learn how to use balloons as artillery Commander Price?" She asked humourously, grabbing another balloon and quickly chucking it towards Chloe's stomach area again, these balloons really packed a punch, and the evidence was the fact that her back was on fire, must'a hit a more sensitive spot, but she'd live, karma for sending her to the ground with my balloon at the basin she guessed.

"They recruit only the best!" Chloe called as she was pummeled in the abdomen again. Man, really assassinate me then. She had to lean over as her shirt was now sopping wet, and rest her hands on her knees, trying desperately not to laugh at how silly they were acting. She was down to her last three balloons. The game was getting tougher by the minute, and Commander Amber was not letting up in her assault. "I am indestructible!" She wailed as a second balloon caught her on the left thigh. Spoke too soon. She gave her all into one of her final balloon throws, hoping it made its mark.

"Then why did they recruit you?" She asked with yet another laugh, looking down into her basin and realising she only had two balloons left, god damn it, converse ammo Amber. She instructed herself, throwing the balloon already in her hand and it made it's mark in her thigh, now still having two balloons left in the basin itself, she grabbed another one before a balloon from Chloe hit her directly in the chest, actually sending her backwards onto the ground, letting out a wheeze as she hit it, the balloon in her hand magically not bursting onto her, she kept it hidden under her left arm as she put her right one up. "I surrender! Come help me up Commander Price." She said, trying her all to keep the mischevious look off of her face, and somewhat succeeding as she extended her right arm for Chloe to help her up with.

"Arghh. You're too cheeky." Chloe stuck out her tongue, but stopped her battle as Rachel raised an arm in defeat. "I have won!" She declared, still dripping from all the excess water, as she came over to help Rachel. Her arms felt heavy and a thin line of sweat dripped down her face. Good job. She reached down to help Rachel up, a look of pride and of happiness bright on her face, which was flushed pink from the light jog she did in their game. Never did she suspect there would be any tactic that would surprise her, as she gasped Rachel's hand, which was slippery itself, and started to pull her up.

"Yeah, looks like you've defeated me.." She said with an exaggerated sigh, Chloe heading over to her absolutely dripping, and that went for the both of them, Chloe looking very happy with her victory, and that was when Rachel started thinking about her whole decieving plan, she looks so happy, should I really ruin it? Ugh god damn it..why am I such a nice person? She groaned inwardly, as Chloe pulled her up, she sighed and handed over her hidden water balloon to the victorious blue haired girl, looking down at the ground now as she said. "Go on, smash it against my head I was planning to trick you." Damn it Amber you had her right where you wanted her, such a pussy.. All of this she pretty much knew already, but honestly she'd have to be a major asshole to want to ruin such a happy mood for someone, then saying. "I didn't want to wipe that gorgeous smile off your face pretty much." With a chuckle, now awaiting Chloe's decision on whether or not to give her a splash over the head with the balloon.

((Believe me, I wanted to go through with the plan, but given the personality I've built up for Rachel I don't think she'd have the willpower to ruin another person's mood, unless you wanted me to do it, in that case I'm really sorry :3))

The balloon emerged from nowhere, and yet was still being held in Rachel's hand moments later. She would have yelped 'you jerk', had the balloon been smashed into her face, but instead she was given the water balloon back, and she was still in the process of lifting Rachel back up. Her smirk fading into a genuine smile as Rachel finished her sentence, she didn't take it for a moment that her friend was too weak to have thrown that balloon. She was simply too gracious a person to manage a low blow in the final moments. Chloe instead had the insane urge to do quite an opposite action, but resisted. It's too early, Chloe Price. Calm yourself and throw away that stupid balloon. That she did. With a sploosh the balloon hit the fence, and their game was no more. "That was nice of you." She said, leaning over to get Rachel's crutch before walking back inside. Now what to do about these soaked clothes.

((D'aww. That's so adorable :3. Well I don't think it would ruin Chloe's mood, but whatever your choosing would be, I would be fine with.))

Rachel's natural instinct was to flinch and squeeze her eyes shut when she heard the splash, only to feel no water splash against her head, or feel it run down her face or down her back, opening her eyes now as she looked back up at Chloe, only to see that she'd thrown it against the fence, now on her way over to get the crutch, she gave off a smile before following Chloe back inside, the two still soaking from their game, "Don't worry about it, I'm just a nice person." She said with a shrug, now looking over to Chloe as she asked "What are we doing about our clothes, we've only got about half an hour till sunset." She said, now a little bit concerned about their time schedule, now having soaking clothes that needed tending to and a deadline to get to the beach, then an idea popped into her head. "We could go swimming? Away from the town obviously, but still on the beach, perhaps you know an isolated place on the beach for us?" She asked and proposed at the same time.

"Swimming's fine. We don't need pants for that." Smirked Chloe. No, her pants weren't the main issue. It was her shirt, but she could say farewell to that too, if she found a secluded area on the beach like Rachel was suggesting. "Yeah. I mean, there's barely anyone on the beach nowadays, mainly hold up in their dorms I guess, so we could have the beach pretty much to ourselves. But there is a part where the rocks jut out from the cliff, and you can't see much unless you're directly besides the rocky face of it. She started, handing the crutch to Rachel. "Water takes a lot of the weight, so the limp won't affect much." She reasoned. Guess we could get a move on? It's almost time to go. She started locking up the back door so that Joyce didn't come home and think an intruder was in the house.

"Oh, I like the way you think." She replied to the now smirking Chloe. She'd be relieved to hop out of those soaking clothes and into the coastal water for a swim, they could lay their clothes out on the sand and let them dry while they had their swim together as well, so it was a win win essentially. And the fact that nobody was going to be there was more than what she could've asked for, to be honest she hated the beach when it was full of other people, it kind of ruined the experience for her, as she always pictured beaches as serene and relaxing locations and not busy, loud and crowded. She was also happy to hear that the limp wouldn't hinder her swimming, although her doctor probably wouldn't be happy with her using her foot so much, she'd have to take a rest tomorrow or something to let it heal. Taking her crutch and positioning it under and onto her arm like it should, she checked back up at the clock. "Yeah we've still got like 28 minutes or something."

"Just tell me when I should start the car." Recalling that Rachel had said they should do the drinking for later, she'd brought out a small cooler that she kept underneath the sink, piling some of David's generic shit inside, and feeling smug about it. That'll be a lot of sober nights for you, David. She reasoned, maybe selfishly, but she didn't much care for him in the first place. While she resisted the temptation to dig herself out of her sodden shirt that stuck to her chest and made the outline of her stomach pretty damn obvious, she knew it was only-what had Rachel said-28 minutes till they could go tearing through the beach. Thank goodness too. She stopped once in a while, as she paced across the room, to give side glances at Rache's form, kind of admiring, while feeling guilty.

((I MUST GO. ;=; I hate having to leave at such a neat moment. Great rp, I shall return tomorrow! ))

"We should get going now actually." She said, it'd taken a few minutes to get into the center of Arcadia Bay, where the diner and clinic were, and that was around the same area if not across the street from the beach, so they didn't actually have a lot of time, she looked over to Chloe as she began to grab the beer from the fridge and stacked it all inside a cooler she'd gotten from under the sink, neat, now we've got the cold beer all to ourselves. She thought, now making her way over to the door, waiting for Chloe to come over and open it, she'd caught the glances that Chloe had been sneaking in on her,and that brought a fond smile to her face, it also made her realise somehow just how close they'd gotten in two days essentially, she still couldn't wrap her head around it, but Chloe was pretty much a miracle for her, saving her from the generic preppy life she was beginning to dread and dropped into a fun yet at the same time relaxing punk life, and she wouldn't trade it for the world. Guess it's just the Amber family luck dropping in to say hi again..

((Aw, that's a shame. Although I STILL agree when it comes to the brilliant RP's we have every day. See ya! :P ))

"Alright. I'll start the car." It felt like a beach party that she'd never had. Getting ready with a friend, trying to gather up the beers in the cooler, and then driving down to the coast. I wish I could start every weekend like this. She didn't have to force herself to believe that, because she already did. Loading the cooler into the back of the pickup, she hopped up into the driver's side, her shirt feeling more and more like a large, weighted net. Don't worry. We'll be there soon enough. Already, from the light pink that was soaking into the blue of the sky, she could tell their sunset would be unremmitting. As she waited for Rachel and fumbled with her car keys, she tried to be mindful that it had only been about two days. Two days. Already, the bruises were kind of gone, and she hadn't even taken the chance to check on them. She was grateful for that, for what was much more than a distraction and equal to a friend. There were a lot of things she wanted to tell Rachel, but only half of them would ever be said.

Rachel followed Chloe out to the pickup as she loaded the cooler into the back, Rachel getting into the passenger's seat as she layed her crutch down next to her, the soaking clothes now slightly numbing her body, not a good sign but I'll only have to hold out for a few more minutes, she thought, besides even if she had to survive the car ride over to the beach in soaked clothes, it was definitely going to be worth it to see the sunset from the beach with Chloe, happy that she was spending her friday evening like this and not how she would usually, either in her own dorm just going onto Facebook or some useless crap like that or `gossiping` in Victoria's room, and by gossip she meant that she''d sit there and listen into whatever Vic had to say as she really had no comment on it at all, it was uninteresting to her, for the most part. "Alright, time to start our 2nd adventure for the day." She announced happily, noticing that the sunset was giving telltale signs of it's arrival before it happened, it was almost time. I can't fuckin' wait.

"Let's go." Chloe sped out of the driveway and onto the road. The smooth platform of the asphalt making for easy driving, the sun inhabiting the car once they turned around the bend from the small slope of Cedar Avenue. Both of them were sitting in utter, dank shirts, ready to get down to the beach and kick off the shoes as the sea water swallowed them whole. Chloe drove down the main artery that the two had been across numerous times by now, and saw the Two Whales coming up ahead. She didn't consider turning down to the side of the beach until she saw the sand-speckled parking lot, a couple of posts holding up where it was forbidden to ride across the beach in the car. Cutting past the corner that made a direct entrance to the beach, she felt the sun in her face as it hit her eyes. It was still barely risen above the horizon, and the waters looked prismatic as a reflection. Chloe had to shield her eyes because the sun was that much stronger, directly in front of them. She got out of the car, grabbed the cooler from the back, and started walking towards the shore. Halfway there, she kicked off her shoes and socks because who wants to walk around with boots on the beach?

It hadn't taken long after they drove off of Cedar Avenue that the sun began to show itself towards them, Rachel almost instantly being distracted by it, even though it was still hard to see from how bright it was they began driving down Arcadia Bay's main artery that was right next to the shore, the very peak of Blackwell's tower being seen in the distance, the Two Whales, the clinic and the lighthouse all being able to be seen from where they were at the moment, it's only been two days and we've already done this much.. The pickup then parked as the two got out, Chloe grabbing the cooler stacked with beer and Rachel deciding to leave her crutch here for the time being, both now walking onto the rather warm sand, Rachel closely following behind Chloe as she kicked off her shoes and slid off her socks, the sand massaging her feet perfectly as they got closer to the sea itself. "This view..everytime we go somewhere I think there's nowhere else that can beat it, then the very next place we go beats it." She said with a laugh, but she was really still distracted by the reflecting that the sun was putting onto the water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back