• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Let's Travel

Sky smiled she kissed his cheek then ran into the house lily saw Sky and Sky saw lily they let out those girly screams when you see someone you haven't seen in a long time and they Sky pretty much tackled lily with a hug they were both so happy to see eachother. they were now suffocating eachother with hugs and mumbling things to eachother. They continued to hug. "Guys this is one of my best friends Lilian star" "but she goes by lily" lily smiled brightly at the group but then continued to hug Sky.

@TheLovelyDead @PenguinFox @Toxic Infinity @Jasil

Caroline smiled at everyone's reactions. It seemed like a genuine family, honestly. Everyone was happy, laughing, and smiling as if the things they did prior didn't happen. Everything was perfect. That was until Faye and Jasil came in. Now, Care couldn't help but smile at the thought of them together. To be perfectly honest, she was happy that they were together--regardless of any indifferent feelings between Faye and Caroline before. However, Ian's reaction was not at all as welcoming. He looked like a scolded child, and the brunette gave off a confused expression. She only ever took action when he left the room so abruptly. "Excuse us." she apologized to the room as she ran after him. Catching up in the bathroom, Caroline threw her arms up helplessly. "What even? Did you want to flash a neon sign or something?" she looked at him with both concern and pure confusion. "Your lip is bleeding, you idiot." Care added as she grabbed some tissues and turned his head towards her. Without another word, she started an attempt to stop the bleeding. Even though she said "idiot," Ian should know by now if only meant she cared. "Look, we had a talk already. Why'd you go wallowing away, huh?" she asked as she kept one hand under his chin and the other fixing his lip.

Mentions:
@Skylark @Jasil @TheLovelyDead

Talking to:
@PenguinFox

Ian spat some blood out into the sink as Care came in. He shrugged at her first statement. "I don't know, what of? I needed to leave no need to have made a scene about it." he said casually, pretending he didn't know what she was talking about. He carefully pushed her hands away when she started tending to his lip. "Paper in my mouth, gross." he whined but he had a small joking smile. "Let it run it's course. It's going to seem like a lot of blood, but that's just how mouths are: bloody." he spit in the sink again and washed it down. "I'm not wallowing either. I bit my lip, and didn't want to bleed all over the place." he mumbled the next sentence. "Faye would probably laugh if I did." he sighed and sat down on the edge of the tub. @Toxic Infinity

Dwyer watched as Ian and Care left one after the other. Then looked over to Faye and Jas. "It's one of you." he said quietly. "It has to be." realizing they may not know what he means he clarified. "Ian does that kind of thing when he has something pent up that he needs to say. It happened when you two entered. If Care doesn't come back with him then he has something he needs to let out about one of you two. No, I don't know which, it's Ian, kids a damn mystery." @Jasil @TheLovelyDead

[i have something planned for him. It's why he's still cooped up in the bedroom. 'Tis part of the plan.

xD @Skylark ]

Caroline rolled her eyes, "Don't fricken push me away. Don't you do that." she huffed, her words colder than usual. It was more of a metaphorical push rather than what he did when she tried to tend to his lip. "You don't even know that. Stop acting like she rules your goddamn world. If she likes someone else, let it happen. Watch it crumble if it does. You've got people right in front of you and yet here you are: sitting on the side of a tub
wallowing in pent up feelings. God, Ian, don't start this. I know what you're trying to do, so stop it. Let go of this bullcrap and let it play out the way it's supposed to." Caroline blurted the words out like she had been meaning to say them for a while. "I thought we were good there for a minute." she muttered. The brunette ran a hand through her hair and laughed to herself. "I guess I was wrong then." she told herself. The girl threw away the tissue that she was going to use and just stared at the male for the expected line of excuses. She wanted the truth, she wasn't going to get it, and chances are he was going to go right back to square one.

@PenguinFox

Ian stood up and looked at himself in the mirror. He was looking directly into his own eyes, studying them almost. He was silent for a long moment, mulling over Care's words. He finally looked back at her, a soft half smile on his lips. "You and Mikey both always tried to make me a better person. You always saw the best in me." He looked back into the mirror. "I honestly don't see it, but... I'll do my best to be something better." he nodded to himself almost as if confirming something in his own mind. "Plus I can't pass up a chance to prove you wrong." his usual smile returned. "C'mon. Let's head on back. Thanks for kicking my ass when I need it." he moved towards her and wrapped her in a hug. He wasn't sure if it was strictly platonic or something more but it was the only way he could think of to thank her properly, next to a kiss, but with a bloody lip he decided against it. @Toxic Infinity

(Holy crap, while I was putting my own personality into Ian, his life became mine! The situation Ian is in is almost identical tp the one I was in a few years ago! 0.0 weird....)

tumblr_inline_nvgnzav9iO1soyj99_540.png
tumblr_inline_mho59sYvVM1qz4rgp.png

Faye gave a small smile to herself as she was pulled onto Jasil's lap--a fairly comfortable spot, really. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Lillian." she called over to the new girl with a nod. She hadn't noticed Ian's reaction when she walked into the room, but it was absurdly obvious something was up when he left the room shortly after. The blonde raised a questioning eyebrow at the whole thing, though it wasn't until Dwyer spoke up that she connected all the dots. "It's me." she bluntly whispered, her stare a bit blank. Was this really the time to start acting up? Faye figured the reason for Ian's abrupt departure, especially since the game posed quite a lot of looks and awkward stares prior, but she couldn't help but think how ridiculous it seemed. What did she do to cause this? Honestly, even though it might have seemed obvious to others, the girl was oblivious. That's just how she was; she didn't know the hurt she caused until it blew up in her face later on--something that tags along hand in hand with her compulsive lying. The girl gave a sigh and nodded to herself, "If Caroline doesn't fix it, I suppose I'll go and talk to him." she told Dwyer for reassurance. Breaking people since '99, Faye thought.

Caston laughed at the girls' reaction to seeing each other.
"Ladies, ladies, I'd like to keep my eardrums." he joked with a grin. The male stood next to Sky and looked Lillian over for a moment, "You've grown, Lil' Star." he teased the dark haired girl. Cas looked over to Faye and Jasil who walked in a little while after, but it didn't take him long to shoot a glance at their entwined hands and their behavior on the couch. A soft smile tugged at the corner of the brunette's lips, though. As long as she was happy, Caston was happy. Although the bubbly theme didn't last long when Ian and Care excused themselves into another room. Now, Cas didn't really know the whole situation, but given Faye's later reaction, it seemed something a little awkward happened. He'd go talk to Ian himself --like that time by the lake where he warned the poor kid of Faye's usual attitude--yet with the whispering going around it seemed as though everyone had things covered on their own. Shrugging it off, Caston turned his gaze back to Lily and Sky. "So, how've you been?"

"Cas!" Lily said pulling him into the hug. "Well I've been pretty good" "how about you two" she asked with a smirk she poked both of their sides with a huge smile. "And Cas where is your shirt" she added with a small laugh just noticing the shirtless boy. Lilian stopped hugging them and then pushed Sky into Cas gently. She loved seeing them together it brought a huge smile to her face. Lily was one to sometimes get into other people's business but she didn't do it a lot.

Sky giggled when she poked her side. Sky still couldn't believe lily was here. All of a sudden Sky was pushed into Cas and she stumbled a bit into him.
@TheLovelyDead @PenguinFox @Jasil @Toxic Infinity

Jasil rubbed Faye's arm

"Babe you can't help what Ian is feeling, it's out of your control.

He's tough he will move on."

Jas kissed her shoulder

@TheLovelyDead

Care stared at Ian as he looked at himself in the mirror. She didn't really know what he was doing, but his comments later helped for her to understand. For the small kid Mikey was, him and Care shared a love for knocking some motivation into people. The brunette smiled at the thought, but later shrugged it off as Ian continued to talk. Care was about to say something snarky as a response to his minor self doubt, however, her attempted words were interrupted by the other teen's hug. To say the least, it came as a bit of a shock to the girl. Unsure of how to react, Caroline stood limp for a moment before finally returning the hug--even going a step further and kissing the male on the cheek. "Let's get a move on, punk. You put on quite a show out there." she said as she gave him a playful wink. The girl let go and started for the hallway again. "I wonder what excuse you'll use this time." she muttered, but Ian could clearly hear her if he paid any attention.

@PenguinFox @TheLovelyDead @Jasil @Skylark

tumblr_inline_n2jzc9Jp1t1soyj99.png
tumblr_inline_n9t5ruDMqC1se7x6h.png

Faye gave a low sigh at the thought of it all. Is this the person she was now? Someone who broke others' spirits and led them to more hurt? Why did this not seem like a surprise? The blonde supposed the whole reason it never came as a shock was simply because it happened so often. This was indeed who she was, and the girl really never thought about changing her ways. In her eyes, what she did brought less drama into her life--while unfortunately bringing more into others'. Not that it was intentional or anything, but that was just how it went. It was the cycle of Faye Godrick, and she was put into somewhat dismay as to why no one ever noticed the repetition. Maybe she was better at facades than she thought. The blonde was brought back into reality when she felt the soothing hands of the purple haired girl that she just so happened to be sitting on. Faye bobbed her head a bit, but gave a shrug as an overall response. "The same old, same old, honestly." she said, though the words were mostly directed to herself. As a thank you to Jasil for being so comforting, the girl leaned back enough to plant a peck on her cheek, accompanied with a little smile, of course. There was a good possibility she would still have that talk with Ian later, though.

Caston chuckled at Lily's reaction, and even more so at her response to him being a bit underdressed.
"Oh, right. Well, you see, I left it at the lake. Silly me. I just saw a girl that couldn't be passd up and decided I'd run after her just to sweep her off her feet. Oops." he joked, giving a quick glance to Sky. It wasn't until Lily pushed Sky into him that the male decided to show a little more of his usual goofy and flirtatious persona--the classic Seattle attitude. "Would you look at that? I must be a girl magnet. Maybe I shouldn't wear a shirt more often." he teased with a lighthearted grin. Cas made sure to grab hold of Sky's shoulders to make sure she didn't topple over any further.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lily smiled at the two. When he was making is flirty remarks to Sky lily couldn't help but giggle. "I bet Sky would like that" she said to the last thing he said.

Sky looked over at lily and her face had a red tint. She still smiled though. She glanced at Cas for a moment but then returned her focus to what was going on.

"
Also I think Sky is more of a guy magnet then you're a chick magnet I mean you should've seen her that one night at the party all the guys surrounding her." Lily went on. The dark haired girl had a very bubbly personality she could talk for hours but she usually knew when to stop. Except in this case she started to describe how buff they were and everything. @TheLovelyDead @Jasil @PenguinFox @Toxic Infinity

Ian smirked. "I am the frontman of a band, putting on a show is what I do best." He heard her comment as they started walking back and smiled. "I'll think of something, I always do. I am the master of excuses and the king of all that's said and done." The Sum 41 reference wasn't intentional but Ian was okay with it. He felt the urge to hold Care's hand as they walked back but he didn't want her to think he was using her to get Faye jealous. Feeling a little awkward in the silence he decided to speak up. "I don't know if you heard but Dwyer and Emma broke up." @Toxic Infinity

Jasil wrapped her arms around Faye's waist and tried to put a smile on her face.

Jas wanted everyone to think everything was fine.

(Sorry I'm at a lecture)

The teen closed her eyes in an attempt to turn everything else into white noise. Faye needed some time to her thoughts, and zoning out seemed like the only solution besides picking up a cigarette. She went down the checklist in her mind:

Are you okay?

Yes.

Are you lying?

Yes.

What's bothering you?

My heart.

What's plaguing you?

Emotions.

Can you get through this?

Probably.

Are you happy?

Yes.

Is this where you want to be?

I think so.

How do you know?

I don't.

With that, Faye fluttered her green eyes open with a sigh. There was no way of knowing how many times that checklist helped her, but one thing was for sure: her walls didn't just fool others, they fooled herself. Running a hand through her hair, Faye simply stared into the open room until something actually happened. The calm before the storm, really.

Caston gave a simple smiles to the two girls before Lily started rambling about other guys at some party. The brunette couldn't help but think of that night in Seattle where there ended up being a tussle with two pervs wanting some attention from Sky, but he shrugged the thought off and tried to flash another chipper smile. "Alright, I think I get the picture." he joked as he tried to stop Lillian from going into any further detail. Cas absentmindedly kept a hand on Sky's back just to keep her close throughout the time Lily talked, though. He supposed the memory of the night made him go on a form of alert, but he didn't really think much of it. "So, will you be joining in the antics, Lily? Or are you just stopping by?" Caston inquired with a curious expression.

@Skylark @Jasil

3e9028b092c5c3d16325022fc8d8e38d.jpg

Lily stopped talking "
sorry" she mumbled but then her bubbly personality came back "i think so if its ok i mean i dont want to intrude but i've been alone for awhile and it would be nice to hang out with people!" Lily then noticed Cas's hand on sky's back a small smile grew on her lips but she stayed quiet. i mean she didn't want to ruin things and well she was fangirling.

img-thing

Sky thought about the party night it sent a shiver down her spine. all those guys wanting to hook up with her. Sky never knew why but guys always well try to hook up with her. Sky hated it. Sky felt Cas's protecting hand on her back and a small smile grew. she looked at lily "
Oh yes you have to come!" sky said wanting one of her best friends to join her in her adventures. @TheLovelyDead @Jasil @PenguinFox @Toxic Infinity

Jasil could see something was wrong with Faye.

She reached up and whispered in her ear.

"What's wrong baby?"

Jas rubbed Fayes thigh, her face full of concern

A sigh passed through the girl's lips when she heard Ian talking about thinking of an excuse. Technically her statement about it was sarcastic. Caroline didn't want him to make excuses for his odd behavior--and to be perfectly honest, she had a feeling he knew it bugged her. Making excuses like that just made everything worse. It puts people in corners, hides the real emotions, and advocates that everything is hunky dory when in reality, it's falling apart. Care had some serious opinions about that kind of stuff. As someone so emotionally invested in others, Caroline found it ridiculous how people compulsively hid their thoughts and feelings from everyone else. Granted, it wasn't like she wanted people to hold a neon sign stating how they really feel, but it wouldn't hurt. The mention of Dwyer and Emma caught the girl off guard. "Wow. Well, I didn't know. It's a good thing you told me too because I was about to inquire some time soon. I didn't really stay in contact with anyone so..." her words kind of trailed off as her lips formed into a fine line. How awkward. "I suppose I should catch up with the lad." she noted about Dwyer. Once she reached the living room, Caroline hopped onto the couch with a smile. "Hey, girlies." she said generally to the room--regardless if there were males.

Talking to:
@PenguinFox

Mentions:
@TheLovelyDead @Jasil @Skylark

"Still haven't even fully caught up with me though..."Ian whined jokingly. He had a normal smile as he walked down the hall to the living room, but when he entered said room it weakened. There was still a smile, to keep up appearances but it wasn't really his natural smile, nor was it very big. He made a concentrated effort to put a glance in Faye's direction but once he succeeded he kept his eyes generally away. Instead he looked at the rest of the group of misfits, a more natural smile slowly rising. An idea came to him suddenly. He knew how he could get his mind off things and have a little fun. "I'll be right back." he said to no one in particular before running off to his room and returning a few moments later with his guitar. He tuned it for a few seconds well aware that all eyes were probably on him. Sitting on the couch on the opposite end as the girls he began tapping his foot loud enough to serve as a drum beat. He then began playing and after a few more seconds began to sing as well.

"She says she's no good with words but I'm worse

Barely stuttered out a joke of a romantic stuck to my tongue

Weighed down with words too over-dramatic

Tonight it's 'It can't get much worse'

VS 'No one should ever feel like'

I'm two quarters and a heart down

And I don't want to forget how your voice sounds

These words are all I have so I write them

So you need them just to get by."

Ian looked at everyone with a wide smile. "I know you guys know the words, you got to sing with me here." he said pausing the song so he could speak. @Toxic Infinity @Skylark @Jasil @TheLovelyDead

tumblr_inline_nyhgoqdk0h1soyj99_540.png
tumblr_inline_mho5jlVLnb1qz4rgp.png

Faye was still zoned out, her eyes staring at a big thing of nothing, and her body felt like jell-o. The blonde only snapped out of her quiet daze when Jasil whispered in her ear--a voice that was sure to send electricity through the girl. She turned her head slightly and gave a small smile of reassurance, "Nothing to worry about, love." she replied. Granted, there were still worrisome thoughts and questions in the girl's mind, but she wasn't exactly lying to Jasil. There was nothing to worry about, at least nothing that the purple haired girl needed to fuss over. Faye's attention switched from Jasil to Caroline when the brunette finally came in. At first Faye thought she came out alone--inevitably meaning the blonde would have to go talk to Ian and lay down the facts--but it was both to her relief and her surprise that the male did indeed stroll in with her. The girl was about to say something until Ian ran in and out of the living room just to get his guitar. It was that time of the day when music was the best option for pastimes and silence fillers. The chords Ian strummed immediately sparked the interest of the blonde as she knew the Fall Out Boy song by heart. Props to you, she thought to herself as she gave a soft smile in Ian's direction. When he took the time to ask others to join in, it didn't take long for Faye to get out of her comfort zone and finally sing in front of others. For as bold as she was with her flirting, the girl always hesitated to sing while others were in the room, but considering Lily and Sky were harmonizing together while Ian played the guitar and tapped his foot, Faye decided that her voice would probably blend in with it all so she was mostly unheard--something that she quite liked in this instance. With that being said, the blonde chimed in with the chorus and the majority of the verses to Dance, Dance. It was a true wonder what music could do to bring people together.

When everything was all said and done, Cas excused himself to go find a shirt once again. Yes, he could have gone out to grab the one still soaked by the lake, but at this point he really didn't care; after all, he could run out there and get it in the morning. The brunette found his way to the room he shared with Sky and pulled out a loose, grey t-shirt just for the hell of it. However, in mid-pullover, Cas felt a buzz in his pocket. Now, Caston wasn't much of a social butterfly back in Seattle, so the fact he was getting a text came as quite a shock.
Quinn
them
She's with you, right? Caston, please tell me she isn't in some goddamn desert. Where is she? Obviously she isn't coming back, is she?
me
Quinn, stop. Tell me you didn't text her.
them
No, I didn't, Cas. I'm worried though. You're with her, aren't you? Where are you?
me
If you didn't care about Faye before, then don't bother doing it now.

The male huffed and carelessly threw his phone onto the bed. The farther away he was from it, the happier he would be at this point. Quinn was, to say the least, an odd teenager. Granted, she was the only one that gave a damn about Faye in their messed up family, but she cared at the wrong time. Faye had snuck out several days ago, yet it only occurred to the sister that it was high time to inquire about it? Really? Caston shook it off, though. This was what happened when friends become so close their family: the real relatives start pointing the blame to anyone they could get their hands on, regardless of blood relation. Cas, who decided that keeping Quinn's text a secret was the best option, put on a passable smile and returned to the living room--with the replacement shirt on. It was nice to see everyone joining together like some Kumbaya circle, actually.

@Jasil @Skylark @PenguinFox @Toxic Infinity

{Mwhaha, family problems. Also, if you're looking on a phone, the texts might get cut off. Looking on a wider screen should be easier. The coding was being a butt, honestly.}

Ian noticed that as he sang the lines 'Why don't you show me the little bit of spine you've been saving for his mattress' and 'I only want sympathy in the form of you crawling into bed with me' he happened to glance over at Faye. He was unsure if it was intentional or not, but it definitely happened. He shrugged it off so he wouldn't get off beat, as he was doing three different musical parts at once. When the song was done he looked around at everyone a wide grin on his face. "I will now take requests. I'm not that good though so don't expect miracles." he said looking down a little, a sheepish smile on his face. Ian loved to play but his self confidence was never that great. He never felt he was really that great any anything, even his number one instrument; the drums. He always found excuses or other ways to belittle himself. In reality he was actually fairly talented, but he is his own worst enemy. (Great song by Lit) @Toxic Infinity @TheLovelyDead @Skylark @Jasil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back