Let's talk about our favorite retro games

I'm very thankful to Iwata

Respects.

Also, I have a lot of fighting games that I'd love to have fun with going against other people, but sucking so hard at first is just really discouraging, and there's really no way around it for me besides a total mindset change.

I'm mediocre at Smash 4 and noobish at everything else, basically. The problem is that I don't really have people to play against for some of the more obscure games I like.

@Ammy

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like this is the start of the special snowflake/ born in the wrong generation posts, so before I leave:

"Oooooo boy, looks like we are dealing with a special snowflake!"

download.jpe

Last edited by a moderator:
Released on ps3 from the psn store was Legend of dragoon, beyond good and evil, and harvest moon back to nature.

I have been geeking out replaying those :D   Legend of dragoon is being Dart who is trying to find the black monster that destroyed his hometown. I am on disc 3 and this game still gets to the feels !

Beyond good and evil I player more than ten years ago I think not sure. But it really broadened my horizons. Mini conspiracy theorist suspecting and finding out the military was aiding monsters kidnap people. Still wondering what Jade and Pey'j are all about. Hope there is a second one. 

And back to nature, I was always just a little envious of my brothers gf having a thriving farm I just knew I wanted one haha dont care about the girls but I guess I have to . To finish the damn thing takes forever.

I feel like this is the start of the special snowflake/ born in the wrong generation posts, so before I leave:

"Oooooo boy, looks like we are dealing with a special snowflake!"

View attachment 217616

Can't speak for anyone else, but I just like old stuff because it does things better than new stuff. Well, there is the new DOOM and several other newer games that are really good. I actually want to get into game development in the future, maybe as a story writer.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I just like old stuff because it does things better than new stuff. Well, there is the new DOOM and several other newer games that are really good. I actually want to get into game development in the future, maybe as a story writer.

How do you even get to be a VG designer? I'd draw characters for the rest of my life and be happy.

Parasite Eve 1 and 2

Resident Evil 1, 2, Code Veronica

Shenmue

Ninja Gaiden on Nes

Super Mario World

Pilot Wings on N64

Earthbound

Secret Of Mana

Chrono Trigger

Goldeneye

Shadow run

Persona-the original ps1

Xenogears

Silent Hill, 2, 3

Chrono Cross

Final Fantasy VII

Elemental Gearbolt

Tekken, 2, 3, 4, and tag tournament

Gran Turismo 2

Road Rash 3D

Clocktower

The Bouncer

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles(Turtles in Time)

Killer Instinct

Hexen

Contra

Dino Crisis 2

Parasite Eve 1 and 2

Resident Evil 1, 2, Code Veronica

Shenmue

Ninja Gaiden on Nes

Super Mario World

Pilot Wings on N64

Earthbound

Secret Of Mana

Chrono Trigger

Goldeneye

Shadow run

Persona-the original ps1

Xenogears

Silent Hill, 2, 3

Chrono Cross

Final Fantasy VII

Elemental Gearbolt

Tekken, 2, 3, 4, and tag tournament

Gran Turismo 2

Road Rash 3D

Clocktower

The Bouncer

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles(Turtles in Time)

Killer Instinct

Hexen

Contra

Dino Crisis 2

Someone thought it through! Haha nice

No, there in no particular order. My favorite is Xenogears. One of the best JRPGs to date. Great story, characters, and battle system even as turn base.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back