Let's swap stories from our favorite old roleplays

Wixard

Thinkerer
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Pretty much what the title says. Put up a story from a roleplay you were in a while ago. I want to hear about your most memorable experiences in roleplay. Maybe disasters that you work hard to avoid repeating, landmark RPs that became ideals that you strive for, or just shenanigans. Love shenanigans.

I think my cousin's vampire got drunk, switched to alternate ego and danced with my other roleplay's birdman character for at least ten pages.

Ten pages, that's impressive. Let's see, one time I roleplayed a sentient puddle.

I once RPed an insane mage who in the midst of a epic battle sat down and had a tea party with the corpses of the fallen.

I once had a character who simply kept coming back in spite of being obviously murdered by another character.

Though, I'm quite proud of the moment when he finally died and how it slowly dawned on the roleplayers that he's not coming back that time. Tragic :D

Wow, all of those are pretty weird/amazing/lol-worthy. I feel like my roleplay experience has been tame by comparison. Let's see... I feel like the worst I've had to deal with is my doctor character having to bind up a leg that got mauled by a toddler/wolf hybrid. And one of my characters used to be a crazy fighter and was cursed to become violently sick at the sight of blood. That was pretty funny cuz he was so OP ;)  

I remember once introducing a villain character into what was a serious rp only for my partner to suddenly introduce their "villain" character. Turns out their villain was totally obsessed with mine to the point of having walls covered in photographs of them... and was in love. 

Ah, the good ol' days.

@Strawberry Inkthat sounds hilarious. One time, I played as a deformed mage who wielded the elemental power of rot. She scared people

One of the most fun RPs I was in had a war between a massive army of men in mech suits vs an army of vampires + other assorted people with powers. I played a girl who was able to transform into animals and in one scene I was able to summon 10 rhinos that charged and killed several of the men in mech suits.

shoutouts @NeverBetter

Ah, my favorite moment.

This one requires some setup. So, TL;DR context:

>We're the last surviving portion of the human race in a post-apocalypse Si-Fi setting, wiped out by rouge AI's with what is practically what would be a machine capable of ordering god to kill/create whatever the user wants.

>there are 3 Rouge AI's chasing us after we discovered what their plot was- To destroy the other AI's and regain access to the machine once more so they could create their own species, and as a result, essentially become "gods"

>Our party consists of my character, a brains and brawn type, but riddled with personality issues (Like refusing to trust any of the sentient AI's, being a dick(though this is primarily done to keep the groups from fighting each-other and all of them putting their frustration towards him) and refuses to be co-operative, his recent love interest/military extraordinaire (who he does go on to marry/have kids with in a post side-story) A disembodied scientist who created a practically weaponized portal gun (Which was used to launch one of the party's head's into a random section of space earlier- a story for a later time) A semi-silent type hero who occasionally finds comedic situations at his finger tips, a loner anti-hero type who just wanted to escape the past because he felt like he didn't belong there, and a hacker prodigy who was frozen in the cryostasis that brought us all to this time period alive because they finally caught her when hacking sensitive documents and has proven useful by being able to hack her way through most anything.

>We're currently zooming through space to the ruined planet earth in a bunch of mech suits being pursued by the rouge AI with their larger battleships- all of which had been slightly damaged in the fight prior to beginning our journey home so to say, our hacker girl went out Gundam Wing style and nearly blew herself/her mech up and is currently in hot-pursuit now that she managed to get back into the air of the party, and nearing Earth's outer orbit

So we're tens of hundreds of miles above the earth's atmosphere nearing our destination- a scientific lab where the god machine is held for the moment, as the ships catch up.

My character is out of weapons, and he's not the type to go out without a fight of some kind, so I ask the GM what other tech this thing has, and if possible, could it preform the God Finger from G Gundam. Which he did allow, but the method of which he explained the system that enabled the ability opened up another reference attack, one I will never forget being able to pull off canonically in a Si-Fi RP. 

You see, he had it set so there were "vents" in the hand that could release thermal energy as it is built up in the system core. But these vents could be opened and closed at will, and produced more than just a basic heat energy as otherwise it couldn't work in the vacuum of cold that is space.

Me being the Dragon Ball maniac I am, I basically took this outward energy in a similar form to Ki. And if ANYONE here knows Dragon ball, they know what comes next.

So, in the cockpit of a mech my character is PURPOUSFULLY OVERHEATING AND DAMAGING HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES ABOVE THE ATMOSPHERE OF THE EARTH... I fired a Kamehameha at all three enemy ships, severly damaging them.

But wait, there's more.

Very soon after, our Hacker shows up in her battered mech, and if you've ever seen the Gundam Wing do that double barrel buster cannon shot attack where it blows off it's own arm, it then used that and followed up with that one specialty Strike Freedom beamspam attack, you know the one, before crashing into Disney World with it's pilot still alive, and finishing off their ships for good before we uploaded a virus to purge all of the AI's (Including the scientist fellow, he knew well and truly that this would happen should we do so) and we then recreated humanity with just enough to start over from about the stone age.

That is my favorite RP moment.

A roleplay I always find myself going back and reminiscing over is a roleplay where my universe's version of King Ghidorah going to Earth, only to find an alien race of bees is trying to take it over for... stereotypical villain reasons from what I remember. Anyway long story short, King Ghidorah gets stung by the queen bee leader and finds himself in a mental battle of an internal struggle of good vs. evil and in the end brutally ends the alien race. That was an.... interesting and dark RP. One I won't forget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back