• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Let's Escape by Writing (1x1 Search Thread)

ItsMaia

Magic Eight Ball
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Who are you, how long have you been writing and what kind of things do you like to write?

Hi! My name is Maia, I have been roleplaying for so long! I am semi-chatty and love to just plot ideas for everyone so we will all enjoy the rp!

I enjoy anything with fantasy, it gives such freedom to incorporate creatures, magic, literally anything we desire! But I am willing to roleplay more modern if needed, I am very flexible!

How long do your replies tend to be and what is your writing schedule like?

I range from 5-6 paragraphs! Around 2,000 per character! I live in Japan so my time schedule may be different to many, but I am constantly on my phone. So I can usually get multiple replies out a week, but I am also patient and can do once a week. Another partner of mine, we do posts around once every 2-3 weeks. So I am very patient, I do check in after a while of silence but it's just to check if everything is ok!

I would love a writing sample from you if it's ok, I just want to see your style of writing!!

“Dance for me siren!” The men chanted, circling around the redhead as they clapped and whistled in hopes of catching the siren’s attention. At the center of the crowd was a young woman, a bright smile plastered on her freckled face as she twirled to the beat of their clapping. She felt so free whenever she performed, her aura just gleaming with youth and excitement. Her arms were spread out as she twirled, her dress spinning alongside her as the men only eyed but never touched--their fears of being handled by her brother haunted them enough to behave. The last time someone touched her, that man lost a hand and a few teeth. The tavern they frequented was the only reputable one in their town, one that knew not to even attempt to piss off Thane and cross the two. But it seemed that fate had something else in store for the two, a rather well-known pirate captain came knocking on their tavern with a price that made even Thane keel over. They were hesitant to make an agreement with a pirate, their history only involved heartbreak and violence--enough to make them wary of any pirate that was semi-interested in the lot. The amount made the two suspicious but they knew they couldn’t turn down what could change their lives so they agreed to board the woman’s ship. And as of that moment, Maia found herself entertaining some of the crew as she already forgot her worries for the time being. The redhead wasn’t going to admit it but she was very intimidated by the notorious captain Saphina, her aura was very brutish and she could sense the woman had taken many lives under her belt.

The ship itself was beautiful, it had history to it and she couldn’t deny it was a beauty but at what cost did it come with? The redhead’s thoughts were pushed deep into her mind as she focused on the crew cheering her on, her lungs burning as her body began to scream for more air--beginning to sing a melody that floated through salty air. As soon as her mouth opened to sing, the men’s cheering began to slow and they sat in silence and awe as if in a trance. The group was quiet, some of the men standing began to take a knee as the melodic tune reached some of the other men attending the ship. Even looking over at her brother, he seemed to be captivated, knowing very well he was proud of her talent which she never thought too much of. She honestly never thought her singing was too great, but when she first was found on the ocean their mother told her she was humming a strange melody. Maia never really remembered anything before that, she was gravely injured and had a wound below her heart--as if put there purposely. She was raised by her mother who became ill in the head, Thane was the one who truly raised her and she became very attached to him and did her best to look after him over the years. He was always putting his aggression into picking fights with pirates or finding a loose woman to empty his troubles into. Maia really didn’t like it and promised to bring in the money if he could not cause so much trouble, not liking when he acted out and got into drunken brawls in the pub. It was enough that their town was scared of the man, knowing he would beat anyone who crossed him or his sister into a bloody pulp on the streets like a dog.

And when they boarded the pirate’s ship, Thane made sure to let the crew know that if anyone tried to lay a finger on his sister--he would gut them. And though she appreciated the protection, she did want some sort of freedom sometimes from her overbearing brother. But she couldn’t blame him, he lost his father before she came into the picture and then they lost their mother and home to the Syndicate--a well-known pirate band known for their horrid deeds across the seas. They never knew why they targeted their home and family specifically, but she knew that there was nothing they could do to ever get their mother back. Instead they had grown an intense hatred and prejudice against most pirates, grouping most as the violent drunken slobs who were truly vile humans--if even one. So if she truly were to be stuck on a boat with a bunch of pirates, she was going to make it as pleasant as possible for herself. She had been an obedient child in her upbringing and would always strive to be the best law-abiding goody two shoes girl, though it wasn’t what it was all cracked up to be, it was her safest option as a woman. She never drank alcohol, never hurt another human, never broke a law or even wanted to hurt others feelings. Perhaps there was a tinge of fear of what humans were truly capable of, or maybe she was just a very reserved woman who was clawing to be free from all those rules secretly. Some nights she drifted off to the sea, trading her legs for a tail as she just explored the vast waters to her liking. It was a nice dream, to have such freedom and travel the world without the fear of pirates or evil intentions. And this is why she convinced Thane to go on this journey, as they boarded this ship she could sense this was a new change for them. If the pirate truly paid them, they could leave that town and buy a ship--hell, even travel the world!

The idea of it just made her smile grow as she finished her song, the men immediately shaken back to their smiles and cheering once more. Thane was leaning against the wooden deck, his gaze travelling over the men who took a liking to his sister. Maia could sense he was still not happy about this trek, rushing over and hugging his arm to cheer him up. He wasn’t very mushy nor was she, but there were times he did peak a smile that made her chest soar. “Oh come on! Cheer up, look!” She grabbed his shoulder and spun him to face the vast ocean, nothing but waves as far as the eye can see. “Isn’t this beautiful? Look, we get the money and we can go home. Might as well enjoy the moment as much as we can.” Thane had the same infamous grimace on his face, his broad arms crossed in annoyance from the whole thing. “I don’t trust them. None of them. You know none of them ever keep their word, and you need to keep a weapon on you from now on.” The man turned over his wrist and began to unbuckle the leather wraps around his arms, loosening it enough to slip out a small dagger. “Keep this on you, if for some reason I am not with you and some pirate tries anything... Go straight for the throat. You hear?” It wasn’t a suggestion, but a command. The burly man shoved the dagger into her hands, Maia frowning as she lowered her voice to match her dismay, “You know I would never hurt anyone.”. She could never see herself killing another person, but in this cruel world she knew that was not something pirates needed to hear or know about her.

As she hesitantly pursed the knife into her tunic, a soft lull began to fill her ears--one that made her immediately turn her gaze towards the waters. They were passing a small island, one that was not nearly big enough to survive on as it was surrounded by ragged rocks. There were plenty of crashed and destroyed ships, and lots of remnants and debris decorating the waters near it. There was an ominous aura that filled the air, one that made her smile immediately fall. The pirates working the ship didn’t seem to even really notice, the watcher in the nest shouting, “Rocks on starboard side!”. A pair of strong hands grabbing her shoulders, shaking her awake from her strange trance. “Maia? Maia, what’s wrong?” The lulling began to grow stronger in her chest, sensing something was wrong. “Do you hear it? Please tell me you hear it.” Thane’s confusion showed her exactly what he was thinking, Maia pulling herself away from his grasp as her gaze went back out to the wreckages decorating the island and rocks. “Someone is out there. I need to help them.” Immediately she kicked off her boots followed by her dress to leave her in her undergarments as the crew began to holler and whistle. Kicking the clothing off her feet, she began to climb over the side only to be grabbed by Thane’s iron grip. “What the fuck are you doing?!” Maia merely pulled her arm back, diving into the water without hesitation. The cool water immediately hit her skin and she just melted into the ocean, swimming towards the rocks with ease. She had half expected to hear another splash follow behind her, but it seemed Thane wasn’t going to try to follow.

Maia followed the sound of the lulls, which grew stronger as she got closer to the debris of a recently crashed ship. The strange thing was that there were no bodies, surfacing once more before she dove straight into the darkness below. The further she swam, the easier it seemed to move about--her eyes catching a silhouette of a body. It didn’t move, and as she swam closer and deeper, it was revealed to be a man. He was long dead, his eyes lifeless but... a smile on his face. Who would die so happily? The sight made her stomach turn, swimming back up to the surface as she fought the water for a moment. She knew something was off, searching for something that called her here. Her eyes fixated on a large piece of debris floating, a man’s body slumped over the wood to keep afloat. Swimming over to the stranger, she pressed her hand to his throat, feeling a weak pulse. “He’s alive..” The sound of splashing made her head turn to follow the noise, but she was greeted with nothing. “Come on...” She began to pull the debris weakly, relieved the ship had anchored for the moment. She was expecting the ship to have left her for jumping off, but it seemed the captain wanted her and her brother for some sort of expedition. So she was merely rolling the dice with chance at that point, glad that they stopped for her. Whatever the captain had planned for her must have really been important, considering she would even care about losing a single girl.

It took a good while to get the two back on the ship, Thane waiting with a warm cloak to cover her exposed body. “What the fuck were you thinking? You don’t know what is out there, and to jump off for a pirate?” Thane scoffed, not pleased at all as she held the cloak close to her wet skin. “I heard him.” It was all she could murmur, her eyes narrowing. It didn’t make sense, but she knew he was out there and alive. The crew pulled the man aboard and let him plop onto the ground, his chest heaving as it indicated he was still alive at that point. The redhead slowly walked over, examining the man as she realized it was a pirate she had saved. She couldn’t help but feel disappointed, understanding her brother’s words now as she kneeled down and began to pat the man’s cheek with no softness. “Wake up.” Her eyes scanned his face, not minding that he was easy on the eyes but she would never forgive him for being a pirate. There was the disdain in her heart that made her unable to feel any compassion truly for these creatures, but something seemed to bring her to him. She couldn’t put a finger on it, but being in that water felt strangely comforting despite the wreckage and death surrounding them. Perhaps it was the environment she grew up in with Thane, it wasn’t the most welcoming one so it was always guaranteed to find bodies littering the streets the next day. Her pats began to become stronger, really slapping the man’s cheek to get some sort of life showing to make her feel that her actions weren’t in vain.

“Beat it, kid.” Strangers merely walked around the small boy’s crouched body, filth covering him as he sat beside his father’s corpse. The man’s face was covered in his own blood and filth, eyes gaped wide open as his chest was gutted and left out for the rats to feed on. Branded on his skin was the sigil of a pirate group, one that the little boy cared too little to find out about. He stifled sobs in mourning of his father, as no one in the streets seemed to really care for the sight. The burden of bringing this news to his mother would kill him, wishing that this was some horrendous nightmare and that he would wake up any second. But he never did. And that evening when he returned home, he broke the news to his heartbroken mother who drove herself into madness from mourning. For the next few years he learned to steal and fight from watching the pirates from the pub, making barely enough to get by for him and his mother. He had planned on becoming a notorious pirate, one that would avenge his father and leave the shithole he resided in all his life. But his plans went south the day his mother brought home a girl, one who looked like no other woman in the town. She had fiery red hair and emerald jewels for eyes, as if she was perhaps from a wealthy merchant family. Yet she had no recollection of anything, and she was seriously injured, yet through some miracle she survived with no infection or complications. As she regained her strength, Thane took it upon himself to take her around the village as it seemed she truly knew nothing about everything. He had to teach her currency, weapons, everything as if she was some newborn child in a teenager’s body.

Thane himself continued to steal and work the dirty jobs for the little coin, atleast until the day his mother was murdered. The bastards had left their sigil before their burnt down home, the only thing left of their mother was a single bloodied finger. The symbol was the same as the one branded on his father, realizing how low it was to kill an ill woman so brutally. This was when he began to feel hatred for the damn pirates, a fire lit deep below in the pits of his chest and he pushed aside those ridiculous ideas of ever becoming a pirate himself. Maia too was affected greatly by what she had witnessed, never wanting to see her so distraught ever again. So he cut all crime and refused to ever work the nasty jobs again, realizing the real money was in his sister’s voice. He had never truly heard her sing until she matured a bit more, her voice could make the cruelest SOB keel over at a moment's notice. Even when he heard her sing he just would lose all inhibition and just fall to his knees, and perhaps it was her beauty but women were envious and could care less for her songs. Her music brought in amazing coin, no longer having to work dirty but merely protect his sister when she performed. Occasionally he would pick fights with pirates just for the hell of it or find a loose woman to share a bed with to cool off, even if his sister disliked that behavior. Being the protector required lots of responsibility and he needed the ways to destress, feeling like he would explode if he didn’t. The strange feelings would begin to grow in his gut, ones that alarmed even him--an immediate flag to let off some steam.

He had harbored these feral instincts his entire life, never acting on those impulses to protect himself and his sister. But now this new captain comes in and requests them to come along on her expedition? Of course his first answer was no, but his sister seemed adamant on going--the money was way too good to skip out on. He had heard of this captain, Saphina, who was a tough bitch that cut down anyone who would even contemplate crossing her. He had an uneasy feeling about the woman, she was well-known and he had heard many stories of gossip between the pirates in the pub. Some may have been false tales to scare people, but he wouldn’t deny this woman could do anything a man could do--or worse. Immediately on boarding the ship he warned the crew not to even touch his sister, knowing how men could be. If the captain had problems with him ordering her crew, he wouldn’t mind having a talk with her. When it came to the safety of his sister, he wasn’t going to make any promises on behaving. He had never been on a ship as magnificent as this one, a strange part of him perking from the idea of sailing on one. Yet he watched how each pirate did their job, how they seemed dedicated to working the ship for their captain. The man smoothed his hand through his hair, reaching to grip the pistol at his side while letting his sister perform for a few members of the crew who cheered her on. She seemed to be elated to be on the seas, but they both knew it meant spending time around pirates which they truly dreaded.

He couldn’t help but wonder more about the captain, he had heard tales but nothing much besides that. The woman was ruthless for sure, yet she somehow had the loyalty of her crew? The thoughts made him wonder off for a moment, his hardened face falling from the sound of his sister’s melodic voice. Everything left his mind as he focused solely on her beautiful and gorgeous existence, even the crew manning the ship stopping to look. Her song didn’t last long as she gave a small bow to the crew, Thane blinking for a moment as he forgot what he was thinking about previously. And once again, his naive sister gloating about being able to witness the beautiful seas and explore finally on a ship. A part of him wanted to agree, but he was not too eager to be traveling with pirates in the least. Wasting no time, the man relieved his spare dagger and handed it to Maia, giving a fair warning. “Keep this on you, if for some reason I am not with you and some pirate tries anything... Go straight for the throat. You hear?” She didn’t seem to listen nor care, knowing Maia may not have the guts to kill someone even if she was pushed against a wall. That’s what usually happened when someone was protected most of their life, never having to dirty their own hands. But he wasn’t going to hold that against her, looking out to the ocean when a small island began to appear in their sights. The island was protected by sharp rocks, a clear warning for ships to stay away or sink. The strange thing was that there were tons of crashed ships, plenty of debris surrounding the island as if some idiots drove right into the damned thing. Maia’s gaze seemed fixated on something in the distance, worry and concern filling her face as she began to strip into her undergarments. “What the fuck are you doing?”

She merely dove into the water, ignoring his questions as she began to swim towards the island. “Drop anchor! Woman overboard!” The crew hustled to release the anchor, bringing the ship to a halt as they all filled the deck and watched the girl dive underneath the waters. Thane gripped the side tightly enough for his knuckles to go white, hearing some of the crew murmuring about leaving the girl. “Cap’n wants the girl. We can’t leave ‘er.” And the fact that the captain has a need for them was concerning enough, but when his sister returned with a pirate--he wanted to smack the girl. “For a fucking pirate?!” But his concern was how she knew a man was alive in the debris, and how she found him? The island was ominous enough, and he wasn’t going to understand how she was so confident in finding someone in the waters. “Fucking hell, you need to think sometimes.” He shielded her drenched body with a cloak, wrapping it tightly around her as she tended to her strange survivor. The man leaned against the wooden edge, taking a moment to clear his head as she began to shake and slap the man into consciousness. He didn’t trust any of this, he didn’t like any of this but the coin was too good--perhaps too good to be true? If the captain had any intention of screwing them over he wouldn’t hesitate to shoot her down and take the ship as reparations. Of course he knew it wouldn’t be that easy, but he knew he was a skilled fighter and was better than the average pirate. How else would he be feared in the village?

What is your tolerance level for gore? Violence?

I don't think I have any? Writing-wise atleast, I have ever read anything that made me uncomfortable.

Do you write any fandoms?

I don't do canon x canon or canon x oc
just because I never feel like I can do characters justice! I am willing to do oc x oc in the same universe of our fandom, so we can interact with them! But I can't fully commit to playing a canon character!

Some fandoms I enjoy :

VIDEO GAMES
• Fallout Series
• Dragon Age Series
• Mass Effect Series
• Any of the Voltage Otome Dating Games (Enchanted in the Moonlight, Kissed by the Baddest Bidder, etc.)

• will add more when I remember, I have played so many games. Feel free to ask if I know any!

BOOKS

• The Dark Brotherhood Series (PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS READ THESE, I WOULD LOVE TO DO SOMETHING IN THIS UNIVERSE)
• A Court of Thorns and Roses (something similar would be really cool)
• Hunger Games (classic)

• I mostly read romance books, so feel free to ask if I have read a certain series! I can't remember all the books I have read.

ANIME

• Macross Series (Macross Delta, Frontier, etc.) PLEASE I LOVE THIS SERIES SO MUCH. EVEN THE PREMISE / UNIVERSE WOULD BE AMAZING.
Attack on Titan (pretty basic, but yeah)
• Black Clover
• Hunter x Hunter
• Demon Slayer

• I have seen a lot, just can't remember many! Feel free to ask!!

Do you have any pairing or setting ideas?

Only the classics,
The typical fantasy pairings, even something with mermaids/sirens.

Anything you are craving, give it to me.

We can morph and create an awesome world together with both of our cravings!!

Any additional notes you want to add?

I love to double, I think it adds more characters and more flexibility! I enjoy adding side characters too, I love me some drama!
So girls, let's roleplay together and get our fill! Men too are fine! I am open to whoever wants a partner, I am flexible with any pairing as long as I can have a male for my female--I will play whoever you want me to.

*** PLEASE be over 18, I am mid-twenties and would feel weird roleplaying with a minor. Thank you!

Last edited:
Howdy! I’m interested in something original if you’re accepting partners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back