• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Let's Blow This Joint!

Yui smiled. 'I love the idea." She said, leaning her weight on one leg. She grinned at him, showing her white teeth. "I think we should get a safe distance away from here first though. We don't want them on our trail." She said, taking more berries. She looked at him, wanting to hug him or something for getting her out and coming with her.

"Alright. Hmmmm how about to the mountains perhaps? Or maybe a city? Where exactly could we hide?" Charlie asked. He sat back down on the cave floor crossing his legs and held one elbow with his head on his arm, thinking. Charlie wasn't quite a thinker so after a few moments he leaned back sprawling his arms and legs and complained, "Guh...who knew thinking was so hard..."

Yui smiled. "There is a small house up in Canada that is super remote." She said, looking at him. She smiled lightly, her wings fluttering. "I think my wings are healed." She said, her wings extending and contracting slowly. She cracked her neck, wringing out her hands. She smiled and took some more berries.

Charlie lifted his head. "We can do that," he smiled. He lifted himself up stretching his wings. "If you like we can get going now. Or do you think we should wait a bit just in case they are still out searching?" he asked. He placed his hands on his hips, rocking back and forth on his heels and toes.

Yui smiled. "Best go now before they catch onto our location." She said, finishing up the water. She stretched, being careful to not over exert her wings. Last thing she needed was to fall again. She walked to the edge of the cave and gave one last smile at him before jumping out of the mouth of the cave, soaring into the sky.

"All right!" he called out as he rashfully jumped out of the cave. He spread his wings feeling the wind catching his wings. Charlie sped up to catch up to Yui. "Lead the way, madam," Charlie said. He enjoyed the feeling of the wind brushing his hair back.

Yui smiled and speed up, her wings flapping vigorously. "Then try to keep up!" She yelled back, the wind whirling her jet black hair round and around in flight.

Charlie followed along feeling the weight of the challenge on him. "You're on!" he yelled as he zoomed past her. He knew he could try but would be impossible to beat Yui. They created her for speed, while they created him for strength. His heart fluttered seeing the light upon Yui's smiling face. How long has it been since I have seen that smile?

Yui laughed, her voice flowing though the wind. She flew in above his head, flying strait above him. She decided to something a bit risqué. She smiled and twirled a strand of his hair like she was sitting down. She was not sure if they where friends or not, but she really wanted to be more than that.

Charlie froze up a bit from her touch. But he quickly recovered since they were flying. He stayed silent thinking about nothing except Yui. He then gathered up some voice to only ask a random question, "Yui, what's your favorite color?"

What kind of question was that? Stupid!

Yui smiled and looked back at him. "Any color besides red. But green blue and purple hues strike me the most." She said, giving off a radiant smile. She could feel the wind in her hair, and the touch from earlier had made her cheeks a bit pink. She smiled, closing her eyes and letting her body absorb the wind.

He felt bliss. The smile that Yui radiated. That was all he needed for him to live. Charlie let her fly ahead. He wanted to keep the image of this happiness for he knew that it would not last long. They were escapees, experiments, and already classified outcasts.

Yui smiled, seeing the sun start to set. "We should land for the night." She said, searching for a spot to land. She soon spotted a small forest clearing and spiraled downwards.

Charlie followed slowly. He thought he heard a shift in the wind indicating a presence in the wind but he saw no soul. But with wary eyes Charlie descended down. He landed gently and whispered, "Let's us find shelter quickly. I believe there maybe a shadow following us." His eyes looked around once more.

Yui nodded, looking around. She looked for a while, soon spotting a small cave and a large bush of berries. Her stomach growled loudly, her smile widening. She gathered a bunch of the berries and walked inside the cave, eating all of them quickly. She smiled, her hunger filled. She smiled and sat down.

Charlie held back from entering the cave. He wanted to track down this shadow of theirs. Folding in his wings so they don't rustle against the branches, he weaved his way through the roots and brush of the forest. Charlie glanced back to see Yui safely in the cave. He gave a faint smile. His eyes moved towards the setting sun. I better hurry and investigate. He cupped his ears, trying to catch any sound. At first he thought that it was his imagination but then he heard a rustle nearby. Charlie snapped a branch off from a healthy tree and stepped forward. He could hear a squeak of fear and more rustling. He prepared himself. Charlie jumped forward pushing the bushes aside. What he found surprised him. Two little critters about the size of rats stared up at him. One was of light purplish color with golden hues that matched Charlie's. It seemed to be the female of the two. The other seemed to be defending her with his fierce blue eyes and intimidating red fur.

cute_winged_critters_sketch_by_goldenkitsune_queen-d4ssmqo.png

Yui peaked her head out. "What the hell is that?" She asked, walking up towards him and standing by her side, her arm brushing his slightly.

Charlie shivered at her touch. "They seem to be runaway experiments like us. They don't look harmful." The fierce male hissed. "Well at least one of them doesn't look harmful." He glanced at her a bit nervous at the close proximity that Yui was standing to him. "What do you think we should do with them?" Charlie asked.

Yui shrugged, looking at the two of them. She raised her hands in defense. "Hey, no need to hiss. We are friends." She pointed out softly to the two of them, looking at the way he was protecting her with his life.

Charlie squatted down to get a better look at them. "Should we keep them?" he asked. He tried taking a step forward which they returned by taking a step farther from him. Charlie's wings opened up. Then one of the creatures opened up their wings. "Hmm so you want to play that game?" Charlie asked. He closed his wings. The creature did the same.

Yui laughed and reached behind the other one while he was busy playing with Charlie. She smiled brightly at her, the creature looking at her with curious eyes. The creature licked her nose and she laughed. "Defiantly keepers." She said.

((Before I post which one do you want, the one with feathery wings or bat Wings?)

Charlie stared at the creature. It stared right back at him with its blue eyes. He stuck his hand out slowly. The creature at first tentatively took a few steps back but he must've scented a lab on Charlie and saw his wings. It decided to approach Charlie then. It took a few steps forward then jumped onto his hand. It looked up at him and made a purr-like noise. "Mmm, you seem happy. Do you have a name?" Charlie asked. It blinked at him with blank eyes. "Okay...how about Ryo?" Charlie asked. It flapped its wings rapidly. "Okay Ryo it is."

Yui laughed her smile widening. "He likes you." She commented at his purring. "I think mine will be... Kyo." She said, smiling at it. The creature purred and rolled over in her hands, causing an uproar of giggles to emerge from Yui's throat. "Yep, defiantly a keeper." She said, her eyes bright and alive, just like her smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back