• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Let's Blow This Joint!

He looked down meeting his gold eyes with her blue eyes. "Shh you need to rest," he whispered, "And no need to worry." He lifted her up onto the top of the cages first and laid her on top of the platform. Charlie looked up at the air duct. He tried punching with his right arm, his dominant arm and it did some damage but not enough. For some gut instinct he decided to punch with his left arm, the one that was injected with the syringe. With all his might he punched through denting a huge hole into it. Charlie was shocked but didn't stay like that for long. He bent down and wrapped one arm around her back and the other holding Yui's legs. With the boost of his wings, Charlie reached the duct with Yui in his arms. "Can you crawl on from here?" he asked. A loud bang caught his attention. He saw that one of the Erasers punched a hole through the door.

Yui nodded and began to skitter down the hall, her wound beginning to heal already. She grunted slightly, cursing under her breath. Rapid healing was one of her side effects, but it was so painful and was mentally draining on her. She looked back for a moment, wanting to make sure he was with her the whole way.

Charlie looked forward and saw Yui moving. He followed along glancing ever so often behind him. He felt himself healing but also felt a new sensation tingling in his body. Newfound energy flowed through him. Charlie continued to move forward. Then he he heard a bang behind them. He glanced back and saw am Eraser attempting to climb in. "Faster Yui," he said.

Yui nodded and crawled faster, seeing light ahead of her. She slid down the rest of the way and kicked open the vent, clean air rushing though the duct. She poked her head out and jumped out, her wings spreading wide. Below her, a bunch of erasers took flight and she flew away. "Come on Charlie!" She yelled.

He scrambled after her, stumbling a few times to catch up to her. Once he saw a light of hope he slid down full of energy and pounced out extending his aching wings. Down below he saw Erasers flying up towards them. "Yui! We need to outfly them there are too many for us to fight against," he called out as he reached her. He flew next to her enjoying the wind flowing through his hair.

Yui nodded and speed up, her wings flapping furiously to keep herself in the air. She could feel the sting of an unhealed wound on her right wing as she flew, but pushed though it, looking back at the erasers behind her. She turned sharply to the right, loosing the dumb animals with her turn. She smiled, slowing down.

Charlie followed after her. He stayed behind her to make sure that if the Erasers did catch up they would get to him first before Yui. Soon though they lost them with their sharp turns. He was glad for their slow turns since they weren't used to their wings and didn't know how to use them well. "Where to now Yui?" Charlie asked.

Yui just pointed to a cave, her wing not healed and still bleeding quite a bit. She felt herself losing altitude and she went strait for the entrance, landing on her stomach on the ground. She rolled over, clutching her stomach. She lifted her hands for a moment, seeing her shirt fibers ripped apart and a long gash along her stomach.

"Yui!" Charlie cried as he dived down to Yui, crumpled on the floor of the cave. He landed roughly scrambling on fours to Yui. His hands scooped up her upper half to examine her injury. Charlie gasped and saw the gash on her stomach. "Hold on!" he said. Charlie ran around the cave seeking for something. Then quickly he came back, with cobwebs in hand. He began applying them on the open wound. "I know this may feel disgusting but this should stop the bleeding," Charlie mumbled. He continued his work until most of the gash as covered.

Yui shivered, her forehead brimming with sweat. "I-I am fine." She mumbled, feeling the cobwebs sliding over her wound. She leaned her head back, relaxing. Her wing was still bleeding, but the wound was closing a bit faster than normal. She had realized that one of her side effects was quicker healing, but it hurt twice as much.

Charlie leaned his forehead against her sticky forehead. "Rest. Relax. Take it easy," Charlie whispered. His wings moved around them like a shield. His breathing eased once he saw Yui's wounds closing up.

Yui smiled, closing her eyes as well. Her breaths went back to a normal pace as she rested, taking in his scent. "I am glad that I am not alone anymore." She mumbled, only barely audible.

Charlie stayed in his protective position for a few more minutes. He heard Yui mumble something but was a bit too faint for him over his settling heart that was pounding like crazy. Once he felt her breathing eased he gently laid her back down on the floor and said, "Sorry I want to make you more comfortable." He quickly took off his suit, along with his dress shirt and scrunched them up into a ball. Charlie lifted her neck up and placed the ball beneath her head. "That should be better," he said.

Yui blushed as his warmth faded away, a bit of a longing sensation inside her heart. She could hear a shuffling sound and she opened one eye, instantly regretting it as she was meet with the sight of his bare chest. Blushing a hundred different shades of red, she averted her gaze to the stone cold cave wall.

Charlie could see her blushing then her eyes moving somewhere else besides on him. He was about to question her but then realized he was topless. "Oh...hmm, guess I didn't consider this," Charlie laughed. He just smiled and put a hand behind his head, embarrassed.

Yui blushed and coughed a bit. "Yeah." She said, realizing that her midriff was also showing. She blushed profusely, twiddling her thumbs and her eyes glued to the wall. She really wanted to be next to him for warmth, but it would be a bit to awkward.

Charlie coughed once and scooted back a bit feeling the atmosphere around him to heat up. "Uh-hum," he coughed. He got up and walked out to the entrance of the cave. "Yui, stay hidden. Move behind those rocks if you have too," he pointed to some rocks jutting out from the floor. "I know it maybe risky but we need food. And water. I will be back soon, " he said. His back was turned towards her, he didn't want to leave her but he knew that she needed resources.

Yui nodded, her gaze a bit sad. "Alright." She said, her voice soft and light, which was a rare tone for her to take on. Usually her voice had power behind it, causing most others to shake in fear, but she didn't feel like she needed to be scary around him. He wouldn't care either way. She scooted behind some rocks and closed her eyes, trying to catch some sleep.

Charlie sighed. He took off taking to a low altitude. Then Charlie decided it would be best for him to hide under the shadows of the trees. They would first probably search for us in the skies. Charlie landed on the ground and looked around. He saw trees and grass. He sighed, "This is going to be more difficult than I thought." Charlie trekked on finding a creek on his way and finding some edible berries. He was able to store some water on a piece of a stump that was hollowed out. Once he finished gathering resources Charlie flew back up into the cave.

Yui had found a little bit of peace and had taken a short nap, but was awoken by the sounds of flapping wings. She looked over to see Charlie with some berries and some water, smiling at him. "Hey." She said weakly, looking at him and smiling. She wanted to walk up to him and wrap her arms around him, but that would be a bit awkward.

Charlie looked down to where he hears Yui's voice. Then a huge smile appeared when he spotted her, "Hey." He walked over folding in his wings. Charlie set down the water and berries. "Do you need help sitting up?" he asked as he examined her wound. It was nearly completely healed. "I brought some water and berries. They shouldn't be poisonous. For some odd reason I was able to tell through smell," Charlie said.

Yui smiled. "Enhanced senses, side effect of being mutated." She said, sitting up gently and taking a berry and eating it. "Just like speed healing. Sometimes it can be painful, but it helps in a pinch." She added, smiling brightly. She took a small sip of the water, sitting up. She could feel her bones groan at the movement, not fully healed yet. 
@LifeNovel

Charlie just nodded, "Hm. Nifty." He smiled without realizing it when she smiled. His wings also gave a spontaneous flutter. Charlie then picked up one berry and plopped it into his mouth. "Mmm, so from here on out where should we go?" Charlie asked through a mouthful of berry. He picked up another one and ate it.

Yui smiled. "Not sure, but not to close to here. I was thinking a remote place in Canada, that we could stay at for a while, and live normally for a bit." She said, munching on more berries. "Maybe even find a few more members and make a flock, who knows." She said, smiling brightly. She had never been so happy in her life.

"That's it! Why don't we go save others like us? Didn't they always talk about different locations of testing?" Charlie asked. "We should rescue others like us...I know is may be much but...wouldn't it be great like you said," he continued. "What do you think?" he asked. "It's fine if you don't agree. It's just a suggestion," he added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back