• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Let's Blow This Joint!

Antiseptic, blood, chemicals. It all filled his nostrils. He sneezed and looked around. Silver, metal, shiny. It was all he saw within his vision. Crying, growling, hysterical laughter. It resonated in his ears.

Charlie placed his head on his hand. He was sitting down on the floor of the lab. His wings sticking out behind him. His golden eyes traced every detail of the room in search of hope. All he could find though was despair.

"When was the last time I ever felt hope?" he asked himself. He couldn't even remember anything past the years he was in the lab. Did I have real parents? Was I a normal kid?

((Been so long since I read the books.))

Last edited by a moderator:
( I probably should have refreshed you on what the school is. The school was the lab they where created in, as in it is a place with a bunch of mutated humans in animal cages in a dark room)

Icefox11 said:
( I probably should have refreshed you on what the school is. The school was the lab they where created in, as in it is a place with a bunch of mutated humans in animal cages in a dark room)
Got it. Will be editing. Hold on a moment.

Yui cried out in pain, her back slamming against the back of the cage. She could feel something pop in her back, causing her to lurch forward. She was sent into a violent coughing fit, splatters of blood landing on the inside of the cage. She wiped her mouth free of the dribbling blood, her crystal blue eyes looking up with disgust at the scientist who had flung her there. She shrunk to the back of the cage, her body pressed into a small corner, her gaze locked with the one of the scientist. She let out another scream, the look in her eyes murderous as she took her long nails and scratched them harshly against his cheek. Smiling at the dribble of blood left on her hands, the scientist let out a cry, clutching his cheek. "You will pay." She mumbled, slamming the door shut.

Charlie observed the scene from the corners of his eyes. Once the scientist was surely out of the room. He crawled across the floor and grabbed onto the bars that restricted him.

"Yui? Yui? Are you okay?" Concern filled his voice. He leaned his face in between the bars looking at the scene before him. Blood on the floor in front of a slumped up Yui. A grim frown came across his face. "What did they do to you this time?" he asked, hatred driving his voice.

Yui huffed, out of breath and weak. "Well, tests mostly this time. Running." She panted, flopping over onto her side, her wings sprawled out behind her. They where torn and matted, some of her feathers where plucked and missing. One spot was covered in crusted blood. She coughed again, feeling more blood dribble out of her mouth.

Charlie didn't believe her though. "These weren't just 'tests' Yui. Look at you. It's like they sent you into a pit of piranhas. Running. Hmph. What kind of running would cause you to receive torn up wings. Seems more to me of running away from a monster," Charlie growled. His wings reflected his frustration, fluttering rapidly. He never asked for this, neither did Yui.

Soon they are going to come for me.

He continued looking at Yui. Guilt creeper into him. He looked down and leaned his head against the bars.

I'm sorry I can't protect you. But I can provide you comfort.

Yui put on a weak smile, taking a hand and pressing her fingers gently to his head though the bars. "It was something like that. More like they made a new Eraser and they where testing him out on a winged bird so that they could see if they where effective." She mumbled, her fingers twirling what little of his hair she could reach.

((It's all coming back to me now!))

The playing of his hair calmed him down. He closed his eyes but asked, "How new are we talking? I thought they already had enough with the mutt-breaths. What more do they want for them?" He could feel his wings shudder at the thought of the sneery, mocking half lupine mutants. Even though Charlie himself was half avian he still felt like he had human qualities rather than Eraser, designed to kill.

Yui sighed. 'Newer than the last." She said, her wings flapping weakly. "They will be healed in no time though, and then we can get the hell out of here." She said, her fingers still twirling his hair. She sighed, pulling herself to her knees. She whished she could reach farther into his cage, to at the least give him a hug.

Charlie heard her sigh. He stuck a hand through the gap of the bars and grabbed hold of the hand that was twirling his hair. The warmth of her hand brought courage to him. Slowly he moved his head up so that his gold eyes can meet up with her blue ones. "I promise that you will get out of here," he whispered. Charlie never includes himself in a promise since he feels that others should live for him and that the probability of two experiments escaping was lower than just one.

Yui felt his hand grasp onto her's, a light blush coming to her face. "And you are coming with me." She said, pressing the top of here head to the bars. She truly never cared about anything really, but Charlie was a little bit different. He was always there for her, even when the scientists would beat the crap out of you.

Charlie didn't say anything but responded with a warm smile. His dove wings fluttered behind me reflecting his gratitude. He didn't want to say it though but he had feelings for Yui, stronger than just like. Yui was the only thing he looked forward to waking up everyday. Yui was the only thing he lived for. He wanted to be her savior, her protector, her warrior. But at this instant he felt weak and hopeless because of the current incident with Yui and an Eraser.

"Yui, when we get out of here...what is the first thing you want to do?" he asked, his eyes still looking at her.

Yui smiled, closing her eyes. "I want to fly." She said, her wings extending as far behind her as possible. She tried to extend them farther, but they where cramped inside this box. She opened her eyes and retracted her wings again, pressing them close to her back. She didn't want to admit it, but she was not leaving this place without him.

Charlie smiled when she smiled. He had always admired her wings. Multicolored between black to dark brown to brown with some white feathers here and there. His wings were but of pure white. He can relate to her yearning of wanting to fly. He wishes for that dream too. Being part avian his will of flying drives most of his motivation to live, along with Yui. So much passion was running through him that he began to ask questions to start a plan, "Most scientists usually leave at around 8pm right? Do you remember exactly how many exits are in here?" But Charlie asked these questions with a mixture of words and bird noises so that if they were being eavesdropped only those with avian blood could understand.

Yui smiled. "There are 4 main exits, and a few ones that are more out of the way. I think the best route would be the large air duct above us at the moment. When they come do their regular daily checks, as soon as you're and my doors are open, we attack and get out of here.' She suggested, pointing at the vent. "they won't be able to reach us in time."

He moved himself to get a better angle on the air duct. "Mmmm we would have to crawl through them. Do you think it will be able to take both of our weights?" Charlie asked. He examined the type of material the air ducts were. They were foreign to him. His eyes traveled with the air duct to see it moved past the confinements of this room and into the rest of the building. "Would you know the way through the air ducts once we get inside of them?" Charlie asked. He rarely left the cage as much as Yui. They created her after him but placed more qualities to her so they got tired of him and barely test on him now.

Yui smiled. "I think we would be able to make it though that duct. It leads strait to the outside." She said, pointing at it. "It's suprising that they haven't realized it yet.' She said, smiling. "But there are erasers on the outside, so from the duct it is going to be fly or die." She said, leaning back onto her back.

He nodded. Their close moment has passed and now they had to concentrate on their mission. He leaned back against his cage making sure not to crush his wings. Charlie looked around his cage in search of something. Nothing came upon his search. He sighed and leaned back into the cage. His eyes moved up onto the clock anticipating for the time to come.

Yui rolled over, the minutes dragging on as time passed slowly. She sighed and curled up, her wings shelling around her as she tired to get some sleep before they came. She shut her eyes, and the horrors began. Her body began to shake, her mouth moving rapidly as it fumbled over words in another language, her form trembling near Charlie's cage.

Charlie was slowly dozing off until he was awakened by the sound of convulsion. He sat up straight and crawled over closer to Yui. She was shaking, seemingly out of control of her own body. Panic arose in him. He looked around for something, anything to get to her. But nothing came to his avail. He decided that he will have to use his arm and voice. Charlie squashed himself up against the bars of the cage sticking his arm through. Yui was inches away from his fingertips and he was already stretching to his max. He gritted his teeth and shoved his whole weight against her cage. "Yui! Yui! Wake up!" he chanted. He pulled his arm back and decided to just Ram her cage with his. He scooted back and with all his weight slammed himself against the cage. Charlie decided they needed to leave sooner. He moved his way to the front of the cage and looked into the video camera installed in the room pointing right at them. He glared up into the camera and shouted, "She needs help! Please!"

Charlie hoped they answer his plea. This meant a sooner escape.

Yui awoke with a start, the sound of slamming cages and running feet waking her up. "WHAT IS THIS ABOUT?" one of the scientists demanded, two others opening up the cages and dragging them out by there wings. Yui cried out in pain, her healing wounds tearing open again as blood dripped to the floor.

Charlie immediately took action without thinking. He first grabbed a stray metal equipment on the floor and flung it at the camera breaking it. Afterwards as they grabbed his wings he lowered down and kicked the legs of one of the scientists knocking him down. The other watched with horrid amazement. With shock on his side Charlie punched the other scientist right on the face knocking him cold. Once he was done fighting with the scientists who grabbed him he flung himself onto the scientists that grabbed Yui. "Let her go!" he yelled. He kicked the knees of one of the scientists, losing his balance. The other one was shocked but recovered quickly. He grabbed a syringe from his pocket and pointed it onto Yui. "Now calm down Charles. I don't want to put this on Yui and I know neither do you," he calmly said. Charlie knew that he would never do it but played along with him. "It's Charlie," he spat back. His eyes moved to the door seeing red lights alarming throughout the building. I only have a few seconds. It's now or never. Charlie decided to not waste time on this guy. He lunged forward surprising the scientist. As Charlie knocked his grip from Yui's wings he felt the needle of the syringe enter his body. He gritted his teeth yanking the syringe out. The scientist was just about to grab him when Charlie punched his throat choking him making him crouch onto the floor. At that moment Charlie kicked his head back knocking his body against the wall. He looked down at Yui, bloody and injured. Charlie then looked to the door seeing approaching Erasers. He sprinted towards the door and locked it from the inside. They banged on the door with force. He ran back to Yui and lifted her up. His eyes moved up to the air duct. "How can I get both of us into up there?" he asked himself.

Yui watched the event unfold, totally helpless. She began to cough again and she looked up, feeling his warm embrace around her. "Punch the vent. It's weak enough to collapse." She said, looking at the vent. She snuggled in vaguely to him, smelling blood on him. "But don't strain yourself to much." She said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back