• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy โ–‘ ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ฝ'๐“ผ ๐™–๐™จ๐™˜๐™š๐™ฃ๐™™ โ–‘ - battle of gods (closed/not accepting)

Tonkatsu

๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ด ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด
[ let's ascend ]
Pantheon. An annual summit in which gods from all beliefs and cultures gather. The UN of gods and goddesses. Each year, they discuss the future of beings that worships them the most, humans. It is led by 'Him', a being that transcends all gods. This year, Him announced something that completely shocked all gods.

"Too many gods, so many unworthy deities. Some of you will be exiled to the human realm to live as humans, and will only come back as gods if you prevail in the challenges I give you."

At once, the whole summit was in uproar. Many gods expressed their distress and voiced their disagreement.

"My decision is final. For the first round, gods of German (Norse), Japan (Shinto), Greece (Greek), and Egypt (Egyptian) will be tested. There will also be 1 surprise representative participating. I will pick ....."

Hiya! I've always wanted to GM a roleplay, and I think this pandemic has given me the time to finally GM something. If you've read this far, I hope you're interested! For this roleplay, I'm looking for 4 people who want to be either a Norse, Shinto, Greek, or Egyptian god. They will have their divine forms stripped from them, turning into a mere human, then sent to the human world. They will still retain some (but not much, probably will grow stronger as the story progresses) of their powers, and use that to prevail in whatever Him has in mind for them. The story will start separately for each god. They will be clearing challenges from Him to regain some of their godly gifts that I will narrate. The story's culmination is the finale, a battle royale between all participants. I don't plan on making this roleplay too long. I want it to be straightforward and have a pretty good climax.

I'll also be taking 1 more participant.. a rather special one-- a human! The human that yearns to become a god. If they complete the tasks Him gives to them, they will also gain godly gifts.

slots
norse (0/1)
shinto (0/1)
greek (0/1)
egyptian (1/1)
human (0/1)

rules
1. Follow RPN community guidelines!
2. Face claims will be realistic/anime depending on what the majority of interested people want. Please use appropriate FCs. Amaterasu, a Shinto god from Japan would probably look closer to a Japanese person rather than a Italian person, for example. The human character is not limited to any race!
3. It is highly suggested to have discord (but not obligatory) since I will be creating an OOC server!
4. Please be committed! I'd like this roleplay to reach its conclusion. I don't plan on dragging on the story for too long, so I hope the ones interested will stay!
5. Moderate literacy required, with a minimal of 200 words per post. I'm not ticked off by minor errors tho (since I make errors myself as a non-native speaker XD)

by @leviathan. thank you so much leviathan for your godly wonderful coding!

Last edited:
This sounds really interesting, and I definitely dig that you want it to move at a good pace! I'd love to take the role of the Egyptian deity -- could I play Ma'at, the goddess of order and justice? And how do you want to handle deciding which gifts they have/start with?
Tonkatsu Tonkatsu

Last edited:
This sounds really interesting, and I definitely dig that you want it to move at a good pace! I'd love to take the role of the Egyptian deity -- could I play Ma'at, the goddess of order and justice? And how do you want to handle deciding which gifts they have/start with?
Tonkatsu Tonkatsu
Hi! Thank you so much for showing interest! You can take the role of Ma'at if you want to uwu, also as for which godly gift they start out with, it's completely up to you! Though it has to start as a toned down version of their actual godly prowess. For example, a mind goddess would have the ability to control others' minds. After being stripped of their godly powers, they could be left with meek traces of the power; like the ability to tell if someone is lying or not. To make it easier, I guess you can make a path of evolution for the ability, if that makes any sense.

Truth detector -> Mind reading -> Mind controlling
(stage 1) -> (stage 2) -> (stage 3)

Hi! Thank you so much for showing interest! You can take the role of Ma'at if you want to uwu, also as for which godly gift they start out with, it's completely up to you! Though it has to start as a toned down version of their actual godly prowess. For example, a mind goddess would have the ability to control others' minds. After being stripped of their godly powers, they could be left with meek traces of the power; like the ability to tell if someone is lying or not. To make it easier, I guess you can make a path of evolution for the ability, if that makes any sense.

Truth detector -> Mind reading -> Mind controlling
(stage 1) -> (stage 2) -> (stage 3)

Okay, that makes a lot of sense, thanks! Here's my thought process:

Ma'at was both the goddess who weighed souls to determine their afterlife and also the goddess who maintained nature's order (the cycles of the seasons, the movements of the stars, etc). The Egyptians thought that dishonesty or rejecting the way of ma'at (the societal and religious principles of righteousness) led to natural imbalances like famines, floods, and so on. For example, a blasphemer would later contract some serious illness due to his impure actions, or a wealthy merchant became rich because of his piety.

I think eventually her ability should be some kind of retributive justice mechanism -- I'm not quite sure how to describe it, but I'm thinking something along the lines of being able to "buff" or "debuff" based on how she judges one's actions? So, rather than forcing someone to tell the truth or do the most "moral" thing in a situation, her ability would be more based around rewards and punishments for their actions.

So the path for evolution would be:
1) A heightened ability to judge a person's intentions (do they mean harm, are they lying, etc)
2) The ability to influence fortune/misfortune for a person based on their actions/intentions. This would be along the lines of causing improbable but naturally-occurring events like finding a useful item/dodging a blow or tripping at a really inconvenient moment/losing something important, respectively.
3) The ability to bestow supernatural fortune or misfortune, but it would have to be proportionate to the actions of the individual. (This one I'd really like to hash out what sorts of things are fair/unfair since you'll be the GM and I'm always super wary about big powers in RPs, but I was thinking about things on the order of healing/ divine shields for good deeds and manifesting natural disasters/stampeding animals for bad ones.)

I kind of envision her more as a support character for the team rather than a physically or magically gifted character. What do you think?

letโ€™s continue this in the ooc page i made! if more people sign up, iโ€™ll get to building the lore and character sheets asap.

This sounds amazing! I would love to either be Hel (Norse goddess) or the human trying to become a god. I think I'm leaning slightly towards the human role, at least right now, but I'm not sure. I'd love to get other's input/ideas.

This sounds amazing! I would love to either be Hel (Norse goddess) or the human trying to become a god. I think I'm leaning slightly towards the human role, at least right now, but I'm not sure. I'd love to get other's input/ideas.

Hello! Thank you for showing interest!
Both are great choices! Hel is a complex god that would be interesting to play. With the human character, you get much more creative freedom with the character building, like deciding where she comes from, she could be from an extinct Mayan race. You also get to construct the reason she wants to become a god, and why she was selected. The human could turn out to be a more complex character than god characters. Let me know which slot youโ€™d like to pick when you decide!

Hello! This plot sounds very interesting, I like it very much!! If it's still open, I would enjoy being part of it ^^
I have a little inclination for playing a greek god, but I still don't know who yet.

Aileas Aileas incandescent incandescent Hugh Flynn Hugh Flynn
Thankyou for showing interest!

Since 5 people already showed their interest I'll temporarily close this. I'll get to working on the Lore and CS pages asap!

It's a shame you're no longer accepting because this sounds like a pretty good role-play. Let me know when you're looking for more.

Unfortunately, it seems this RP has been discontinued, which is a shame because it WAS a great idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back